Author Topic: Tyson Apostol  (Read 9430 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Tyson Apostol
« on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »
Bike-Shop Manager
Lindon, UT
Tribe: Timbira

Witty, charming and arrogant is how Tyson Apostol describes himself. This former pro-cyclist and swimmer believes that his natural athleticism, combined with his "life of the party" personality, will get him far in he game. His favorite movie is "The Jerk" and that’s how some people just might describe him.

He compares his game strategy to that of some of the most entertaining castaways to ever play the game. Much like them, he is willing to do almost anything to win one million dollars, including implementing the use of lies and deceit to feed off the "emotional weakness" of the other castaways. A Brigham Young University drop-out, he is actually very well traveled and skilled in street smarts, previously spending two years in the Philippines as a Mormon missionary, in addition to six years as a cyclist in Switzerland, Belgium and Austria.

In many ways Tyson can be brash, egotistical and unapologetic but, oddly enough, he has no tolerance for "know-it-alls" or individuals who lack common courtesy. In addition to, as he describes it, "looking awesome," his favorite hobbies are exercising and sunbathing. If he becomes the next sole SURVIVOR, he plans to use all of the money for selfish purposes, starting with "the most smoking motorcycle around."

Tyson currently resides in Heber City, Utah and his birthday is June 17.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:37:42 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Tyson Apostol
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »
Pre season hate and probably will be the same for the entire season. (:;)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:39:03 AM »
I dislike him as much as I dislike Coach but same thing, he'll probably go very far.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 01:16:39 PM »
“I Say Awesome Stuff” – RealityNewsOnline’s Exclusive Interview with Survivor: Tocantins’ Tyson

Tyson Apostol was one of the biggest characters – and certainly the best quote machine – of Survivor: Tocantins. But he found himself voted off when he thought Sierra would be headed home. What was his strategy? What does he really think of Sierra, and why? Did we see the real Tyson or was it an act? And how did this experience compare to the real world for him? Tyson answers all these questions and has much more to say, right here!

After watching Tyson on the show, you might guess that talking to him is quite an experience – and you’d be right! A mere typed record of the interview cannot fully capture the true Tyson experience, but it’s all we have so let’s get to it.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Tyson, and thanks for taking the time to talk to RealityNewsOnline!

Tyson: It’s my pleasure – what else would I be doing today?

RNO: Starting at the beginning, what was your strategy coming into the game?

Tyson: My strategy coming into the game was to win friends with my beaming personality and just have a good time. I knew I would have to lie and cheat, so I didn’t have a problem – I planned on lying and cheating. But I was so bad-ass in the challenges that I really didn’t have to lie and cheat that much.

RNO:What thoughts were running through your head as you saw your name starting to come up at your last Tribal Council?

Tyson: The first time I saw my name, I was like, “It’s Sierra’s – who cares?” The second one, I was like, “Dammit, it’s me, I know it’s me.” I knew there was no other explanation for two votes. As the second vote came out with my name on it, I was pretty sure it was going to be me.

RNO: Before watching last night, did you think that Sierra had plotted with the others?

Tyson: I kind of had, except for her reaction at the end of Tribal Council. Even still I thought, maybe she had plotted against me and wasn’t sure if it was going to work. I thought it was a big move and didn’t think she was that good of a thinker, so I was shocked, but she didn’t.

RNO: What was your endgame plan if things had gone your way at last night’s Tribal Council?

Tyson: First off, my plan a would have been to win every challenge. As long as it was a challenge that required a small amount of skill or talent, I probably would have won. Last night was just close your eyes and fling that puck. There’s a small amount of luck on the show and that’s the way it has to be or else people like me would win every season.

I was playing with a bunch of girls who were blindly tossing these pucks. I was trying to block the path and play strategically and I still almost won it. I think anything that would have relied on any amount of skill I would have won, unless they had a roller skating challenge – I’m not very good on roller skates. Or the same exact weight lifting challenge where J.T. held up 220 pounds.

[Besides that, my plan was to] take Sierra out and then Erinn and then I knew those three had an idol and didn’t know where it was. I figured I would make them think I was voting for one of them and vote for another, thereby flushing out the idol and ousting somebody.

RNO: Speaking of that group, did you have any idea they were wavering between your alliance and Brendan’s after the merge, or that they could potentially turn on you the way they did?

Tyson: They actually came to Coach and myself and told us everything Brendan was saying. They’d come over and tell us everything. So we weren’t really worried. We were a little worried because we knew Brendan was talking to them but we weren’t worried because we knew everything they said. We knew Coach was going to get voted for.

RNO: You and Coach appeared pretty close, but there were moments you appeared to doubt him. What exactly are your feelings about Coach?

Tyson: (Laughs) A lot of people really dislike people Coach. I don’t know if you’ve heard that.

RNO: No, not at all!

Tyson: Despite what you see on the show, he really is truly sincere, so I knew I could trust him. Everything he said, he said from the heart. He came at me with so much love that there was no way I could hate him.

RNO: What did you think of his stories?

Tyson: They were pretty awesome. I didn’t know they were all going to be this rad or I would have told my stories about making my own spaceship or traveling around the world with chimpanzees. If I had known about his true stories, I wouldn’t watch movies anymore because movies are boring compared to him.

RNO: Why do you think you and Sierra never got along?

Tyson: Oooooh. This is going to get me in trouble, David. She is one of those people that doesn’t know she’s stupid and doesn’t know she’s annoying, I don’t mind stupid or annoying people as long as they have some idea that’s what they are. When they don’t, I take it upon myself to tell them.

I thought this would be a good experience for Sierra because finally, on national TV, she’ll get a chance to see what an idiot she is and she can grow and learn from it. But apparently on the show she’s a quiet sweetheart, and we know TV never lies so apparently all my impressions of her were wrong.

In all honesty, she does have a good heart, like she cares about people and yeah she’s genuine. She just probably doesn’t even have a GED or equivalent. Intelligence-wise, she is annoying, but I don’t hate anybody. A lot of people hate me just because I’m so awesome – but that’s just jealousy.

RNO: Even so, why did you taunt Sierra when it appeared to everyone that she was next in the pecking order and would be on the jury?

Tyson: Nobody out there liked her so it wouldn’t have hurt my chances at all. I said it the episode before, me taunting her would probably lose her vote on the jury but would gain me everyone else’s. Even J.T., the sweetheart of the South, had negative things to say about her last night.

RNO: Why do you think you were so successful in the immunity challenges?

Tyson: Going out in the game at first, I was a bit intimidated but I forgot I’m a 30-year-old man who plays every day and most people have… what do you call them?… jobs and responsibilities. We got out there and the first challenge I’m just killing everybody and thinking this is going to be really easy. Before the merge, I was never worried about being voted off because I was superior in all the challenges. Sure, I never caught a ball in the face, but we had these things called rackets and I thought we were supposed to use those. J.T. tried to catch a ball with his mouth – if I had known, I’d have done that. But he has fake teeth anyway, so what, another replacement.

RNO: Why didn't you and Timbira stick to your original plan and eliminate the Jalapao Survivors?

Tyson: I had known that Brendan was up to something with the other tribe on Exile. I knew that because he had told us that we should send Taj to Exile every time in order to break her, but the one challenge where they won reward, instead of taking Taj at the moment that it would have broken her down the most, he chose Stephen. I had no concrete proof except I saw he was being kind to Taj by not taking her away from the reward. From that moment on, I knew Brendan had some kind of relationship with the Jalapao tribe. On top of that, when the Jalapao tribe came to our camp and merged, the first thing they told us was Brendan wanted me and Coach out.

RNO: Did you feel vindicated in watching the show and seeing that you were right about Brendan having made connections on the Jalapao tribe?

Tyson: I pretty much already knew I was right – it wasn’t that hard to figure out. Sierra never would have figured it out – she still didn’t know what alliance she was in or what our tribe name was or what country she was in.

Earlier before challenges, you’ll see Coach talking and he thinks everybody is listening to him. Brendan and me are talking about the smartest way to do the challenges. Debbie is agreeing with everybody even though we have opposing ideas. And Sierra is standing there not knowing where she is or what’s going on.

RNO: You were quite a quote machine while on the show. Were you playing to the audience or is that just who you are?

Tyson: I would say that’s who I am. Some people would say I tried pretty hard out there, but I didn’t try at all. Sometimes things come to my mind and I will laugh before I even get it out. I’m pretty funny. But I knew the camera was on so I wanted to say awesome stuff – but I say awesome stuff anyway. I’m saying awesome stuff now and there’s no camera.

RNO: We’re running out of time, so do you have anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Tyson: It’s way easier than having a real job – way easier. People get out there and say it’s the hardest thing they’ve ever done. That’s bull$#!t. You’re there, not paying bills, sleeping as much as you want, eating free food, getting a ripe tan. There’s nothing hard about it. All I can say is I’m not afraid of the apocalypse because I’ll just take my shirt off and lie down by the river.

RNO: Thanks again, Tyson!

Tyson: Love you, David.

RNO: … Thanks.

Tyson: Love you, David.

RNO: … Love you too, Tyson.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article8847.art&page=1

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
Secret Scene: Tyson

Posted by CBS

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »
It's kind of fun to see him acting like that when he is the next one gone!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 12:35:23 AM »
At least he is taking it well in Ponderosa, he knows its just a game. Nice to see him getting along with Brendan. With his snarky and arrogant comments, it probably just to amuse people, but it also hurts someone else. Some may like it, some may not, however this is his nature so we have to accept that.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:00:56 AM »
Exclusive: Tyson Apostol talks about his time on 'Survivor: Tocantins'

Survivor: Tocantins has seen its share of blindsides, but none have been so true to their name as the one that got the best of Tyson Apostol.

After spending 27 days in the Brazilian Highlands and growing confident that he had orchestrated the elimination of Sierra Reed, the 29-year-old bike-shop manager and former professional cyclist from Linden, UT was shocked when he learned that the remaining castaways had decided to take advantage of the first Tribal Council session in which he did not win the individual Immunity Idol and boot him from the competition during last night's broadcast of the CBS reality series.

On Friday, Tyson spoke to Reality TV World about what, if anything, he could have done to avoid his elimination had he known he was on the chopping block, why his relationship with Sierra was as icy in real life as it seemed on the show, and how much, if any, of his confident and boastful attitude was just an act to create good television.

Reality TV World:  So is it safe to say that you had no idea your elimination was coming as you left for Tribal Council?

Tyson: Yeah that's pretty safe to say. I mean, I could've avoided it had I had any clue whatsoever but I didn't. They got the best of me I guess.

Reality TV World:  Was there any inkling at all before the Tribal Council or during the Council discussion, or did you not suspect anything until you saw your name start coming up?

Tyson: I really didn't expect anything, I should have. I mean you'd think that with [Survivor host Jeff Probst] firing all the questions at me and Sierra that it would be one of us two, but I really didn't suspect at all until the second time my name was called, because the first time I just figured that was Sierra's vote.

Reality TV World:  In your exit statement you copped to maybe being a little bit too confident. Do you think that the way you acted out there made the target on your back even bigger than it would've if you had maybe laid  under the radar a little more?

Tyson: Um, no not really. I mean for the most part everybody out there liked me and I got along with everybody. You see it even with [James "JT" Thomas Jr.] and [Stephen Fishbach] they were like "We like Tyson, but he is a big threat."  Probably if I hadn't been as arrogant verbally and not competed 100% in the challenges, that might have made a difference. But going into the game I didn't want to... For example, if I had held back on all the challenges and still gotten voted out then I would've regretted the way I played.

But this way I showed what I can do and I got voted out for being too awesome, now it's kinda the story of my life.

Reality TV World:  You also came across as a bit of a narcissist in your confessional interviews.  Was that a situation where you were just enjoying the game and playing for the cameras or is that part of your real personality?

Tyson: It's both. I mean the beauty of the game is that they cast me to be myself, some reality shows don't. So they put me out there and just had me do my own thing. And yeah if I thought of something clever I definitely wanted to say it for the camera. That made for some good TV didn't it?

Reality TV World:  Oh yeah definitely.

Tyson: Yeah so I mean that's who I am, and it helps if I have, oh I don't know, a couple of writers to feed me lines and stuff. I can do a lot of it by myself as well. I'm uneducated, you might be shocked to learn that but I don't have a degree.

Reality TV World:   Okay. Some viewers have been speculating that there's some kind of love/hate relationship going on between you and Sierra. Can you explain why you two clashed so much?

Tyson: I wouldn't say it was a love/hate, I'd say it was more of just a dislike. She just, from the very beginning, really bothered me with her blind ignorance at everything. She just thought she was the bees knees all the time and didn't realize that people found her annoying and thought that things she said were stupid. So for me I took it, (sarcastically) as the saint that I am, to kind of show her the error of her ways and hopefully after watching it on TV she would change her ways and become a better person for it and live a happy life.

Reality TV World:  You were obviously pretty confident Sierra was going to be going home next, but what did you see happening after she was gone and there was no one else left for your big "anti-[Brendan Synnott]" alliance of seven to target?  Did you really think that [Erinn Lobdell] and [Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George] would just rollover and be the next victims of your "Warrior Alliance" or did you have something else in mind?

Tyson: Well I just figured that they... (Pauses) They didn't know that we had an alliance like that. Well they might have but they weren't supposed to.

So we're just going to keep them in the dark and make them think that they were not going and then blindside them as well. Basically my strategy was to always keep the numbers on the people I trusted. And before that moment I had always assumed Erinn was on my side, though she was impossible to bond with in any way shape or form. She's kinda like talking to a robot or a brick wall or something.

But I figured that, you know what we'll vote Sierra out and then after that we can vote Taj out, and that will be our five. And that way we'll always keep the numbers so that we never have the risk of them taking power.

Reality TV World:  At least the way [Benjamin "Coach" Wade]  talked about her, [Debra "Debbie" Beebe] wasn't exactly in on that "Warrior alliance." -- what was your plan for her?

Tyson: I don't know what Coach's plan was for her, but my plan for her was to have Coach, myself and her be the Final 3 and then go from there.

Reality TV World:  Did you ever get concerned that Debbie might get worried by all of Coach's "strongest warriors to the end" talk and betray you guys?

Tyson: She did a little bit, but Coach could justify anybody as the strongest so it just didn't matter. If Debbie questioned it, [Coach would say she was] the strongest as far as the social game goes.

Reality TV World:  How did you see the Final 4 playing out?

Tyson: I saw myself just winning all of the challenges all the way up to the finale and then choosing whoever I wanted to go to the finale with. The one thing I didn't foresee was competing in a challenge that required absolutely no skill or talent.

Reality TV World:  Like the one [on last night's show]?

Tyson: Yeah the one yesterday, that was completely dumb luck. You just close your eyes and throw this pog... It was kinda ridiculous. That's my one disappointment with the show in general is just that the challenge, really, they may as well have just had us roll dice.

I understand that you have to make it so that there are challenges that anybody can win and it's not always the physically strong. At least do a puzzle or something like that where there is some skill involved.

Reality TV World:  With that Immunity Challenge last night, you seemed surprised that Coach, JT, and Stephen -- but especially Coach -- all opted to sit out that Immunity Challenge and eat pizza instead of competing.

Tyson: Yeah that was kinda ridiculous... I don't eat second-rate pizza at all when I'm not playing a game for $1 million.

Reality TV World:  Was there a rule that you couldn't discuss what you were going to do before revealing your rocks, it seemed like you were surprised when Coach...

Tyson: I was surprised, there was no talk. Before Coach had mentioned in previous days that if there came a challenge where they offered food he would probably take it. And I thought, you know what, okay fine he's lost of ton of weight, that's fine with me I don't really care.

But I still didn't think he would when he saw that there was a game, and we were trying so hard to hold it all together and make sure we made it to the end. That was a little bit shocking, I was a little bit disappointed in that.

Reality TV World:  Speaking of Coach, you two seemed to hit it off at the beginning, but based on everything we've seen so far, he doesn't seem to be particularly good at the challenges. What made you decide to choose him as an ally?

Tyson: He was always super-honest and super-sincere to me, and that's what you need in an ally in that game, you know? You can't go in and be an ally with someone you distrust.

So for him, I always trusted him he always trusted me and that went a long way, regardless of how the challenges go, I didn't need him to win challenges I was winning them by myself. And it actually was a semi-advantage to take someone close to the finals who wasn't that great at challenges, which means I have at better chance winning the final challenge and going to the finale for the million dollars.

Reality TV World:  Did your opinion of Coach change at all as the game went on?  It seemed like he kinda became increasingly strange and ridiculous as the game has continued -- at least based on what's been shown on TV.

Tyson: That happened in real life. I think just [because of] the lack of food and the conditions he became more agitated with everyone around him. He was never agitated with me so it wasn't that bad, but I would hear about everybody else. So there was a time when I kind of tried to distance my self a little bit, but still be in the alliance. I still wanted keep them close but, I was just having a hard time because he would come up and say "so-and-son's doing this and it's buggin' me so bad!"

I [was] just like, "You know what dude, we're here for a million dollars. We're not here to complain about people."

Reality TV World:  Did you believe any of Coach's stories were true or did you think they're all made up?

Tyson: Oh man, I don't know. What do you think?

Reality TV World:  That's why I'm asking you, I have no idea!

Tyson: Me too dude. If I were to make a good guess I would say they're true with some exaggeration. But you know what, who's not gonna exaggerate while telling a story about their life. Everybody does it.

I really don't know, he's so sincere about these stories as well that it's just (Pauses) When you're sitting there you can't not believe him, like wow, that's ridiculously awesome man. All the movies I've ever seen are boring now.

Reality TV World:  Did you think it was remotely odd for him, being one of the weaker male players, to keep talking about wanting to form a "warrior alliance" and taking all the strongest men to the end?

Tyson: That was a little bit ironic. Yes. (Laughs) Bur then again "the strongest" doesn't always mean the most physically strong. But it was a little bit ironic, I did definitely question that, but I don't know how this is going to work but the "warrior alliance' isn't just comprised of the physically strong.

Reality TV World:  Did you understand the hypocrisy Jeff was trying to call Coach on during that Tribal Council conversation about voting Brendan out?

Tyson: Definitely. I mean I understood both sides. One was that he was going to take the warriors to the end no matter what, and Coach's side was "Well he started gunning for me, so naturally I'm gonna start gunning for him and it was a battle of two warriors and I won."

I mean, it was a little bit surprising because... to take Brendan out was my initial idea. I talked about it episodes ago but we kept winning Immunity Challenges as a team so we could never take him out. And Coach was actually against it a little at first, but I think when I started convincing [him] of it and he could see that Brendan was out for him, he didn't have a problem at that point.

Reality TV World:  Jeff called Coach "a poser" in a blog entry he posted this morning...

Tyson: Oh , he did? I wasn't aware of that?

Reality TV World:  Yeah, what's your reaction to that?

Tyson: Well, can you read it?

Reality TV World:  No...[I don't have a copy of the entire blog post] I just have the literal quote right [now]. I just wanted to know you if you had any initial, off the cuff reaction?

Tyson: Yeah I don't know. His life seems so ridiculously awesome, everything he's done it's so hard to imagine. But yeah I don't know what Jeff is referring to when he says poser, if he's referring to all his life stories, or if he's referring to his deep meditation or his being a strong physical player. There are so many references that he could be referring to, I don't know. What did Jeff say about me?

Reality TV World:  [I'm not exactly sure,] I just have Coach's quote here.

Tyson: I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.

Reality TV World:  No problem. You seemed to be one of the few castaways to question Brendan's motives while he was away at Exile forming his alliance with Taj. What tipped you off that something could be up with him?

Tyson: Well I have what some people call common sense, or logic. (Laughs). It just makes sense, spending days on this deserted place with one other person and it's always Taj.

And then the one time that he could really, really destroy Taj  by taking her to Exile and take her away from a reward that they won, which was food, he chose someone else and left Taj to eat.

So at that point I was like "This guy's up to something," whether he's just doing it to gain a little respect or whether he's already worked out a deal with them. I know something's going on and it needs to stop. So yeah that tipped me off, and even though I'm uneducated I can be quite intelligent at times.

Reality TV World:  How were you cast for the show?

Tyson: Recruiting, I guess. In a way? I got a forward of a forward of a forward of an email that just said "If you wanna try out for Survivor email this person," and I did and history was made. (Dryly) Now you're talking to the greatest Survivor in history.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-tyson-apostol-talks-about-his-time-on-survivor-tocantins-8881.php

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »
Survivor's Tyson Apostol: "They Voted Me Out For Being Too Awesome"

Survivor's Tyson Apostol, a 30-year-old from Lindon, Utah, looked like a front-runner in the game until two of his alliance-mates, J.T. and Stephen, joined in the 5-to-3 vote to send him home. The admittedly arrogant professional cyclist talked with us about his harsh advice for Sierra, who survived thanks to his dismissal — and also campaigned for a job on The View. (We're sure Barbara Walters will call soon.)

TVGuide.com: Why do you think you were voted off?
Tyson: They voted me out for being too awesome. It was probably one of the only opportunities they were going to get, as I was winning all the challenges. I thought that I was safe until we got rid of Sierra at least, so I didn't really put any thought into protecting myself there.

TVGuide.com: The Warrior Alliance — you, Coach, Debbie, J.T. and Stephen — broke down when J.T. and Stephen voted against you. Who are you rooting for now?
Tyson: I'd like to see Coach or Debbie win. They were my alliance from the beginning and they always stayed true to me. Right now their future looks pretty bleak though, as I was the strongest member of the alliance and got voted out.

Out of [the other side] of the alliance, I would probably have said I like J.T. to win, but watching it on TV I would say probably Stephen. He's playing a really good game. Out there you never saw how strategic he was, and on TV you see him making all the big moves and using J.T. as his puppet.

TVGuide.com: Who did you like the least? We're guessing Sierra.
Tyson: Correct. But for the record, I don't hate her. I just think that she needs to make some changes, maybe do some studying, get a tutor, at least, at least an English tutor. Someone who can help her with her reading-comprehension skills, and just conjugating simple verbs and stuff like that would be a good start. ... It's a human thing to make mistakes, but you should at least try to learn from those. And she doesn't even know she makes them, and that's what I was really out there trying to help her realize that she's not a genius and not everybody loves her.

TVGuide.com: No resentment for J.T., Stephen or Coach for eating the pizza instead of competing during the Immunity Challenge?
Tyson: I was a little bit startled because I thought, you know what? We're out here to win a million dollars. If you're just going to sit down and eat a pizza, then you probably don't deserve to be here in the first place.

TVGuide.com: What's next for you in life?
Tyson: I've been pushing real hard to get a spot on The View lately. I don't know if you're familiar, but former Survivors have actually secured spots on that show. ... And I'm the self-proclaimed greatest Survivor of all time. It doesn't seem like it would be too much effort to push one more chair up there.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivor-Tyson-Apostol-1005439.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »
Tyson's commentary about the tribal council

Posted by CBS

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
The Brazilian Blindside with Tyson Apostol of Survivor Tocantins

This season of Survivor down in Brazil for Survivor Tocantins has seen a few surprises, namely in the proverbial "blindside." Although former Survivor Tocantins player, Joe Dowdle, was blindsided by an injury, the week before saw merged Forza tribe mate Brendan Synnott get voted off the show without a clue as to where he was in the Survivor pecking order to become the first member of the Tocantins jury. Although we've seen many blindsides throughout previous seasons of Survivor, the tribal action on Survivor Tocantins has been extinguishing torches via blindsides on what appears to be a weekly basis. Day 27 of Survivor Tocantins produced the most significant and strategic move to date as outspoken Utah native, Tyson Apostol, didn't see what was coming his way down the Survivor Tocantins pike.

What was most surprising about Day 27 beyond the blindside of Tyson was the fact that the Forza tribe seized an opportunity rarely acted upon on Survivor when Stephen and J.T. convinced their tribe members to vote off the most physically dominant player in the game. Since Tyson began to take charge of the challenges, Stephen spotted what could have been the one and only time to oust Tyson from the game. In most seasons, those opportunities fly by in the name of alliances and Survivor fear. Although Sierra was all but on her way to becoming the second Survivor Tocantins jury member, Tyson Apostol found himself walking down that long and lonely path into the Brazilian jungle to join his Forza nemesis, Brendan, at the Ponderosa.

The next day we caught up with the recently blindsided second Survivor Tocantins jury member, Tyson Apostol, to find out what was running through his mind at Tribal Council as the votes were read, his strategy for the challenges, whether he believed Coach's tales of the Amazon River, and whether he moved away from Utah after mentioning on the show that he'd have to relocate to somewhere less "Mormony" given his nearly-naked antics in Brazil.

THE DEADBOLT: Wow, talk about a blindside. How did that feel?

TYSON APOSTOL: It probably didn’t feel as bad as it looked like it felt. Going into the game I decided that if I get voted out I wanted to be as collected and calm and as indifferent as possible. So I tried to pull that off. I mean, yeah, it was a great blindside, maybe the greatest blindside in the history of Survivor.

THE DEADBOLT: What was going through your head when Jeff read the names? Was it surreal to you, or did it actually sink in while you were sitting there?

TYSON: It’s kind of surreal. But then it never sank in, so I guess it was just normal. I was kind of like, 'Oh, this is going to hit me in a couple of days and I’ll be super pissed.’ But I ended up never getting to that point. I was like, 'It’s a game.' As soon as the second vote was read, with my name on it, I knew I was going home. So between that time and the time my torch was snuffed, I just collected myself and was like, ‘Just play it cool, Tyson.’ And yeah, I mean, I understand it’s a game and it’s not always the strongest or handsomest player that wins, so...

THE DEADBOLT: You made a good point during the shuffleboard challenge that it was always up to you to win the challenges while the Dragon Slayer could just kick back and eat pizza. Were you looking to make Coach pay for that later on.

TYSON: You know what? For me, at that point, in my mind there were very few people who could compete with me in the finale for the million dollar vote, and Coach doing that was just one more reason he wasn’t going to get voted to win the million. So for me it wasn’t an issue of anything other than I thought that was one more reason not to vote for him. Anytime anybody did something stupid, I actually applauded it because it just made me look better. It was the whole thing with juxtaposition kind of stuff.

THE DEADBOLT: Since you were the closest person to him, what was Coach like? Did you believe his pygmy - kidnap story?

TYSON: [laughs] Well, pygmies, first of all, come from Africa, I believe.

THE DEADBOLT: That’s what I thought, too.

TYSON: But, you know, I’ve never been on the Amazon [river]. I’ve been close. This one time I was in this game called Survivor and we were down in Brazil, but it wasn’t on the Amazon. But he tells these stories with such sincerity that you can’t help but believe him to some extent, you know? Regardless of whether he’s exaggerating it or what really happened, I have no clue, but he stood by all of his stories 100%. So he’s made movies boring for me, though, because they’re not nearly as entertaining as listening to him.

THE DEADBOLT: How did your friends and family react to all of your crazy nakedness?

TYSON: Oh, my friends pretty much knew that’s who I was so they were entertained by it and applauded it. And my family was a little bit shocked, I think, but they’re dealing with it well. I mean, I may have ruined the show for my parents forever. They were fans of Survivor before and now they’re leaving the show.

THE DEADBOLT: You mentioned on the show that you may have to move to someplace less "Mormony" after it airs. Have you moved?

TYSON: No. Actually, most everybody has been pretty supportive in Utah. I mean, I do get people once in a while making comments about how dare I do this or that. But for the most part, people come up and say they support what I’m doing on TV and, you know, I get a ton of people my age. I didn’t even know people my age watch this show. I thought it was all like 50 to 60 year old people, you know? Who watches seven o’clock or eight o’clock TV on a Thursday night?

I get a ton of people my age coming up telling me how awesome it is. I get a ton of high school aged kids telling me I’m their favorite Survivor of all time. So it’s kind of crazy, you know? And even little kids will come up and go, ‘We think you’re so awesome.’ And I’m like, ‘Your parents shouldn’t even let you watch this show. Don’t be like me.’

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105659/survivor_tocantins_tyson_interview.php

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
Tyson: The Day After

Posted by CBS