Author Topic: Candace Smith  (Read 20151 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Candace Smith
« on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
Lawyer-turned-Actress/Event Planner
Los Angeles, CA
Tribe: Timbira

Candace Smith grew up as a tomboy and athlete, competing in soccer, basketball and track. She lacks fear or inhibition and is always ready to take on new challenges. This sexy former Miss Ohio USA has both beauty and brains, making her a real threat to her competitors.

Candace prides herself in having both book and street smarts. Growing up in the inner city of Dayton, Ohio, Candace worked hard to receive a full academic scholarship to the University of Dayton. She went on to graduate from Northwestern University School of Law and began working as a commercial real estate attorney. After becoming Miss Ohio USA, she decided to move to L.A. to pursue other aspirations, including modeling, acting and opening her own consulting firm.

Although Candace no longer practices law, she still utilizes her legal skills in everyday life. As an attorney, she mastered the skills of mental combat and knows how to create a strong bargaining position, which will certainly come in handy on SURVIVOR. Candace has also learned how to relate to many different types of people from traveling all over the world, including England, Spain and Cuba. Aside from traveling, she also enjoys running, cooking and writing. She is currently working on a book of her memoirs.

While friends describe her as resilient, funny and overall positive, she admits she is brutally honest by nature and can come across as a bitch, which may cause her problems with her tribe. Although she knows how to negotiate and be diplomatic, she has a difficult time socializing with phony people. To win this game, she knows she'll have to be able to bite her tongue because she knows what's at risk. A victory would help provide the children in her family with funds for education and she hopes that a strong mix of athleticism and work ethic will take her to the end.

Candace is single and currently resides in Los Angeles, Calif. Her birth date is February 1.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:32:46 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Candace Smith
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:29:31 AM »
Oh my god, another Crystal.. more sexy version though? :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »
An interesting article:

Dayton Native To Be On 'SURVIVOR'

A Dayton native and former Miss Ohio USA has been selected to appear on the next season of the popular CBS reality television show "Survivor."

Candace Smith, 31, is one of 16 castaways on "Survivor: Tocantins," set in the Tocantins highlands of Brazil.

Episodes will begin airing at 8 p.m. Feb. 12. Smith is a University of Dayton graduate who lacks "fear or inhibition," according to her bio on the CBS Web site. She grew up in Dayton and became Miss Ohio USA.

She has since moved to Los Angeles where she is pursuing a modeling and acting career, according to her bio.

She has appeared in the popular HBO series "Entourage" and in the movie "Beerfest." She also was a model on "The Price is Right" in 2004.

Link to the article: http://www.foxreality.com/news.php?id=87595&type=news

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »
shes purty

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »

shes purty

:lol: She is she is very good looking

Link to her site: http://www.candacesmith.com/index.html

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
She appears naked and shows her hoo-hoos in Beerfest hahaha  :lol:. Turns out I have seen it!  :funny:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »

“Maybe I Should Have Let Coach Lick Me on the Neck” – RealityNewsOnline’s Exclusive Interview with Survivor: Tocantins’ Candace

by David Bloomberg -- 02/20/2009

Candace didn’t last very long on Survivor: Tocantins. Indeed, she certainly didn’t last as long as she thought she would or should have. What part of the game did she underestimate? Why does she describe her tribe as a cult? What does she really think about Coach? She certainly doesn’t hold back! And the same is true for some revelations about Erinn and Debbie!

When I do these interviews, some of them are more fun than others. Candace was in the group that I love because she had so much to say and could laugh about her experiences while also being totally blunt. Read on and you’ll see exactly what I mean.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Candace, and thanks for taking the time to talk to RealityNewsOnline!

Candace: Thank you for having me.

RNO: Starting at the beginning, what was your strategy coming into the game?

Candace: (Laughs) My strategy obviously wasn’t the best of strategies. It was to work hard at challenges and at camp, which I did. I know I was hands down the strongest woman on my tribe. Actually I was stronger than Coach. I was one of the strongest on the tribe. I worked hard and did the cooking and collected firewood and anything that needed to be done. Actions speak louder than words, and I have a great work ethic. I was sure they’d appreciate that. So much for that.

I forgot about the whole manipulative/whispering/sneaking around/making up stuff. I needed to incorporate that and maybe I’d have still been there. Or maybe I should have let Coach lick me on the neck and then I could have filled a harassment suit. Maybe I should have let Coach feel my butt and have sex with him. Then I bet I’d still be around. (Laughing.)

RNO: You heard he’s been fired from his job as a coach?

Candace: I’m not allowed to comment on that. I can only comment on what I experienced. And from what I experienced, he is a bona fide pervert! I would not have him coaching my son or daughter in anything, especially anything that includes physical contact. He’s a real douche.

RNO: From what we saw and what you just talked about, you seemed to presume that because you were a strong woman and Sierra wasn’t, the tribe would vote based on that. Is that correct?

Candace: Yeah, I thought he tribe would respect my strength and work ethic around the camp and I took their word for it (laughing).

RNO: Did you have any idea you were being targeted?

Candace: No. It’s easy for America to look at it and say it should have been obvious, but you have to remember we had very little food and 120-degree weather. I was more concerned about expending physical energy to make sure the tribe was okay. I worked to the last minute – I was cooking beans right before we went to Tribal Council. I didn’t put the mental energy into thinking about whether they were going to vote me out because I was told it was going to be Sierra.

But the reality is I wanted it to be Debbie. I feel my tribe wasn’t focused. My tribe had so many ulterior motives going on that we were not a unified team. We had a few followers who went along with whatever so they could stay and then a few super-manipulative @$$#oles on my tribe. I’m not good with that.

I honestly felt Debbie was the weakest. I was like, seriously, let’s keep Sierra and dump Debbie. Everybody looked at me like I was the spawn of Satan because (in a sing-songy voice), “Debbie’s so nice.” Anyone who talks this much and tries this hard cannot be real. You see her at Tribal Council saying, “I know these people. I trust these people.” Wake up! It’s been six days! Are your relationships that superficial?! She was so scatterbrained – she wouldn’t have been able to run from one end to the other in that basketball challenge. She’s so discombobulated, I don’t trust her in a mental challenge. She was all over the place.

RNO: You mentioned some “super-manipulative” players. Who were they?

Candace: Coach is at the top of the list. He’s so intimidated by me – he’s a misogynist, he’s delusional. And he’s weak physically. I’m honestly stronger than him. I don’t know what’s up with him if he had a spinal injury before coming on the show or he has early bone determination, but I can bench press more than him. In the first challenge, I picked up two boards and ran across the hills with them; he could barely pick up a board.

Erinn – Wow! She’s conniving. It’s very obvious – you meet her and you just know she’s conniving. She was so happy she was on TV she told me she wanted to go into entertainment after this. I should have been paying attention to her but I didn’t want to.

Debbie is super conniving. Miss kumbaya, “Candace is trash-talking you.” Good strategy, kissing coach’s butt. That went over well. I don’t know how your husband felt about it.

I could say Sierra is conniving but that would give her too much credit mentally. I don’t think she has the capacity. I would like to know why she called me a snake in the grass when she voted me out. I told you I wanted you to stay and you talked about voting me out. Who is the snake in the grass?

RNO: Why did you bring up Coach as a target and then decide not to follow through with it?

Candace: Because I thought people on my tribe were so brainwashed by him. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. I was like, “Is he really having this effect on you?” I was the only one being protected by the evil rays. I could take him down with one arm. It was like a cult, like the whole “I’m your coach” thing – it worked with everybody! But with some people, it was horrifying.

Debbie running around, “Hi, Coach.” What do you need me to do, Coach?” “Want me to wash your boxers, Coach?” This is sick! I knew there was no chance for me to get that douche out of there early on. You people are bananas! I don’t know what I could have done to get rid of him. I should have challenged him to a duel (laughing). I would still like to do that.

RNO: Maybe you can do it at the finale.

Candace: I think we should wrestle, WWE style – I guarantee I will take him down. I have bigger balls than him.

RNO: You mentioned Erinn a couple minutes ago, and we saw you talking mostly to her. Who else did you talk to in your attempt to make it through Tribal Council?

Candace: I asked Jerry to his face, he said Sierra. I asked Tyson to his face. Sierra. And of course Coach lied to my face.

RNO: Were you surprised at the time that even Erinn voted against you?

Candace: There’s a lot you didn’t see in this episode, but Erinn is highly insecure and was very intimidated by me from the very beginning. Like she couldn’t believe I looked [so good] without makeup. She was like fascinated with me. It was to the point of being slightly stalkerish. I knew there was no way she would want me to stay around and I completely understand.

RNO: Now that you’ve seen discussions of why you were voted out, what do you think of the reasons the others had for voting you out?

Candace: It was coach who wanted me out of there the most. Erinn and Debbie were scared of me. Sierra just wanted to save her butt. The three guys were followers.

Coach was leading the group to get me kicked out because he was very intimidated by me. He saw that his whole manipulating tactics didn’t affect me. I saw right through him – I saw the crap and I was honest about it. He was weak – he really made no contribution to the tribe except to talk a lot. You need people to actually work. He couldn’t stand me.

There were times when he would order Jerry to chop wood and I would say, “Coach, how about you chop some wood?” He looked like he wanted to cut my head off with a machete. Debbie and Sierra wanted to save Sierra and it just trickled down from there. Erinn wanted to get rid of me ‘cus I’m hot. I think Tyson and Jerry were two of the people who were like, “She should not be leaving,” but they didn’t stand up for me, they just went along with whatever.

RNO: Before the show, you said you knew you would have to bite your tongue. Do you think you needed to do that even more than you did?

Candace: Of course I needed to bite my tongue more! But there are two things – I have a hard enough time biting my tongue in daily life and then put me in 120-degree weather and no food and put me with nauseating people. I should have bit my tongue a little more, but that’s who I am – I’m an honest person, an upfront person. When I see somebody taking advantage of a situation, I say something. That’s Candace. I’m proud of who I am. Did it cost me a million dollars? Yeah, but I’m still here and I love who I am. I won’t look back on any decision I made and say I compromised who I am. I didn’t.

RNO: What was the most eye-opening thing you saw on TV that you didn’t know about while you were there?

Candace: Probably Debbie running to go tell me on me like one of her little fifth graders at her school. I was like, wow, is that how the campaign started? Good to know. Wow. That was the most eye-opening thing. “I like to stay away from negativity,” that’s why I run and tell on people. She talked so much crap about Erinn.

RNO: Unfortunately, it looks like we’re out of time. Do you have anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Candace: I loved it! I would do it again. It was a great experience for me. I grew as a person. I definitely appreciated it. And I’m the bomb! I mean, I am. I didn’t deserve to be voted off.

RNO: Thanks again, Candace!

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out these other recent Survivor: Tocantins articles here on

David Bloomberg is the Editor of RealityNewsOnline and can be reached at RNO@pobox.com.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article8677.art&page=1

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »
Candace: There’s a lot you didn’t see in this episode, but Erinn is highly insecure and was very intimidated by me from the very beginning. Like she couldn’t believe I looked [so good] without makeup. She was like fascinated with me. It was to the point of being slightly stalkerish. I knew there was no way she would want me to stay around and I completely understand.

And the rest of the article tells us how good she think she really is. Be humble girl, you are the second one voted out of Survivor still and Sierra pawned you. :funny:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »
I honestly wasn't sad to see her go. I didn't have much of an impression of her before today, and she just talked too much, furthermore I'd rather have Sierra stay over her, so yeah, I'm pretty pleased that she's gone lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 03:48:02 PM »
But her "Coach has a bigger ego than the whole of Brazil" was funny though and very accurate. :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 09:06:09 PM »
Another Candace interview

Survivor: Tocantins continued last night with a lively episode full of social and strategic blunders. Sandy, Taj and Sierra all appeared to be in danger of going home but in the end Timbera unanimously chose Candace Smith, the attorney-turned-actress from Dayton, Ohio. Candace struck me as a direct but clear communicator around camp and one of the more athletic women in the challenges. But she got caught in an escalating battle of personal pride with Ben “Coach” Wade over a fairly banal day-to-day cooking issue. Both of them seemed to have trouble backing down when confronted with a challenge and, while I personally liked Candace, it was fairly obvious from the beginning that Coach held a much more secure position within the tribe. He wasn't going home this week no matter what happened. Candace could have backed down or marched onward to her doom. Candace's ouster was short and swift but the tribe held together as seven strong, either a sign that they're truly unified or that Coach has a lot of power. Earlier today we talked with Candace about Coach's aggressiveness with her and Sierra, Debbie's forgetfulness and Sierra and Brendan's cover up of the giant crater.

more here ....

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-candace-sm-26508.aspx

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
More Candace hating on Coach ........  :lol:

Exclusive: Candace Smith dishes about her time on 'Survivor'

By John Bracchitta, 02/20/2009

You can call Survivor: Tocantins castaway Candace Smith outspoken, honest or no-holds-barred, just don't call her a "bad apple."

The 31-year-old actress/model and event planner and former lawyer from Los Angeles, CA was one of the physically stronger member of her Timbira tribe. However, after not taking a liking to many of her tribemates, Candace eventually wore out her welcome in her tribe and became the second castaway to be eliminated from the show during Thursday night's broadcast.

On Friday, Candace spoke to Reality TV World about how she really felt about Benjamin "Coach" Wade (It's not good), why she felt he was able to orchestrate a blindside against her without a legitimate reason to do so, and which of her tribemates she described as a "prancing-attention-deficit-disorder-cougar."

more here ..
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-candace-smith-dishes-about-her-time-on-survivor-8488.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
If anyone out there has not read these exit interviews then your missing it, Candace has me in tears here  :lol:! You go girl! Can't wait to hear her really talking on rffradio!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:01:23 AM »
She hates Coach and now i shall love her for her extreme hate! :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »
But she sounds pretty egoistic too. When two egoistic person come together.. :meow:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
OMG. I LOVE these interviews. =))
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »
From intouchweekly.com

Survivor: Tocantins
"Survivor slapped me in the face"

Survivor: Tocantins
Candace Smith
Eliminated February 19

So, what was your first impression of Brazil?
Candace: I loved Brazil. What an amazing opportunity. I would do it all over again. I don't regret anything. Everything there is so beautiful — the people, the country. I want to go back soon. Obviously I won't have the million dollars to live it up. But I'm good at roughing it now.

Well, you never know. Maybe you'll be the fan favorite.
Candace: Oh my gosh. Get out! Is the fan favorite ever the second person voted out?

You can campaign this year.
Candace: That's true! I want to be fan favorite. Can you tell people that?

I'll spread the word. Now, it was clear that you and Coach didn't get along. What was going on there?
Candace: Let's see. Coach is a misogynist, very delusional and insecure, wannabe alpha male and I saw through his crap. This guy was barking orders at everyone at all times. And my tribe was just following him around like a cult. It was pretty sad and I wouldn't put up with it. And I didn't play into his advances. There were so many. America didn't get to see his behavior besides him wanting to lick my neck. Beyond that he constantly tried to rub on my butt. And he made inappropriate sexual comments to me. During that water challenge, all he wanted to do was talk about my breasts. That was just something I wasn't going to tolerate. Physically I'm stronger than him, so we were butting heads from the very beginning.

Speaking of that water challenge, if I'm not mistaken you scored a point during the Immunity Challenge, so why would they vote you off?
Candace: Thank you! Thank you! I wish you were here so I could give you a hug! Yeah, I scored a point. I worked my butt off. And I worked my butt off at the camp. I was working nonstop. I gave 110 percent to my tribe. They voted me off because Coach started to rally against me. It was just a snowball effect. No one was willing to stand up against Coach, and there you have it.

Do you think they'll regret voting you out?
Candace: For sure.

Would you do it all over again?
Candace: Of course I'd do it all over again. It was a great learning experience. I did things I never knew I'd be able to do. I'm so proud of myself. It's not easy. It slapped me in the face. We were in the middle of the elements. There were bugs crawling across my belly button while I'm trying to sleep. Plus, no toilet paper! I thought growing up in Dayton, Ohio, was tough.

What's next for you?
Candace: I'm pursuing my stand-up comedy. I've always loved comedy and decided to really give that a shot. And I'm writing and still doing a little modeling and acting. You can always see updates at candacesmith.com. And I'm working on a pageant for inner city girls in Dayton. It focuses on their inner beauty and my hope is to eventually make it a national pageant.

Well, good luck with that, Candace. And I'll be campaigning for you to win fan favorite.
Candace: That would be awesome!

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/02/survivor_tocantinssurvivor_sla.php
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:58:14 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
From people.com

Survivor: Tocantins Recap: Candace Blindsided!

So much for first impressions! After “older lady” Sandy was spared the vote during Jalapao’s tribal council, “zebra-top” Sierra received her reprieve when Timbira took its first trip to the torch snuffin’ hut. But another aspect of fate also remained the same — she who speaks too much will leave way early. And so Dayton, Ohio, attorney Candace Smith, 31, found herself the second contestant bounced from Survivor.

Day 4 Revelations: Hungry for protein, the members of Jalapao managed to make a meal out of a termite hill. While picking at bugs, Joe and Spencer found a particularly large and juicy worm and proceeded to partake in front of a slightly queasy tribe. Later, Taj revealed the identity of her husband. “You’re married to Eddie George, the Ohio State Buckeye, Heisman trophy winner?” Joe spouted reverently. “That’s your husband? Are you serious?” While the jocks marveled, others wondered if Taj really needed the $1 million as much as they did. Over on Timbira, Sierra confided in Brendan about the possible hidden immunity idol and while they dug for it in the sand, told Debra, who happened upon them, that they were building a massive bonfire pit on the beach. Although their cover was kept, the tension between Candace and Coach could not be hidden and their quibbling gave their tribe much to ponder.

Aquatic Basketball Wrestling: In the immunity challenge, conducted under pouring rain, teams of three had to score baskets while facing three tackling defenders. After an even battle, Jalapao won their first immunity on the strength of JT’s last shot. In addition to immunity and fishing gear, Jalapao chose Brendan to go to Exile Island. But in a twist, Jeff Probst said that Brendan had to choose someone on the winning team to go with him. Brendan picked Taj.

Tribal Lands: Jalapao celebrated their first victory by learning to fish from cattle rancher JT. Remarked New York attorney Stephen, “He just might be seducing me with his pretty country ways and I’m smitten!” On Exile Island, Brendan allowed Taj to choose between two urns and he ended up with the one with a clue to the hidden idol and a note indicating he could switch and join the other tribe. Brendan didn’t switch, but ended up sharing the clue with Taj. A good idea since Taj deciphered it and told Brendan the clue led them back to their own tribes. Both learned there were hidden immunity idols to found at home and both formed an alliance of sorts in regard to the shared knowledge.

Blindside Alley: When Brendan returned to Timbira, he didn’t exactly tell them the truth about what happened on Exile but all seemed to take him at his word. But he faced a preoccupied tribe with one faction thinking they were voting off Sierra and two other groups pitting Candace against Coach. In the end, it was brash Candace who got blindsided by the vote, but not before we got to see one of the best approaches to the voting lectern ever, when Coach, all dark shirt, dark jeans and ponytailed hair, sauntered to the polls with his jacket slung over his shoulder like a Rhinestone Cowboy!

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/20/survivor-tocantins-recap-candace-blindsided/#more-8741

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
I wish Candace luck as a standup comic, shes a riot!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 06:18:16 AM »
She has to be brought back into the game as a surprise twist. -.-

She would have cause so much chaos to the show, much more intellectual snarky comments which are LOL worthy than evil Corrine's ones. :funny:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
Secret Scene: Candace

Posted by CBS