Author Topic: Stephen Fishbach  (Read 18452 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Stephen Fishbach
« on: January 13, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
Corporate Consultant
New York City, NY
Tribe: Jalapao
Stephen Fishbach believes he's a cutthroat player who can manipulate his way to SURVIVOR success, though you couldn't tell that by looking at his non-threatening appearance. The first one to tell you he resembles a Muppet, Stephen plans to sidetrack his competition with his goofy charm and quirky sense of humor.

Aided by his quick wit and prankster personality, this Internet marketing director could very well be a major player behind the scenes. A Yale graduate, Stephen certainly has the right mix of brains and charisma to disarm his fellow castaways. This New Yorker believes people will be inclined to trust him but claims "that would be their mistake, because then I strike!"

Described by his friends as wild, smart and ambitious, Stephen's biggest pet peeve is when somebody is “overconfident or cocky.” He plans to use that type of person to his advantage by forming a bond and then subtly prompting them to carry out his decisions. A strategist, Stephen prides himself on being able to pretend to agree with someone's idea while replacing it with his own.

In his free time, Stephen keeps himself active and fit by boxing and lifting weights. He also takes part in urban combat activities, namely the Idiotarod, which he describes as a great event where "five idiots drag a shopping cart from Brooklyn to Manhattan." Among his reasons for why he believes he will excel at SURVIVOR, Stephen lists "he's strategic and devious."

Stephen is single and currently resides in New York, N.Y. His birth date is January 24.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:36:39 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Stephen Fishbach
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:20:41 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:15 PM »
He seems like the cocky and arrogant one to me. But at the same time there's a side of me that thinks he might go very far.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »
Seems humble so far and a nice guy. Nice hanging out time with JT! :-[

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:36 PM »
There's something about me that doesn't quite like him. But he looks like he'll go far, seems like the next Rafe.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »

New Yorker Stephen Fishbach keeps 'Survivor' final four secret
By Richard Huff
DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

Friday, May 15th 2009, 4:00 AM

New Yorker Stephen Fishbach has been walking around for months with a secret - he has made it to the final four on CBS' "Survivor Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands."

"I think everyone has this shock. You come back and you can't really share this with people," Fishbach, a corporate consultant and writer, told the Daily News. "You've just had this intense experience and you can't really talk about it, legally. We all become introverted."

Fishbach made it into the final four after last night's episode, as long-brewing alliances paid off and Benjamin (Coach) Wade was sent home. Fishbach, Taj Johnson-George, Erinn Lobdell and James (JT) Thomas Jr. go into Sunday's final episode (CBS, 8 p.m.) with a shot at winning the million-dollar grand prize.

As every "Survivor" fan knows, however, a portion of Sunday's show is already taped, with the winner revealed live.

"You see the people reach this milestone, and you see yourself in the same position, having done really well," he said. "You feel elated. At four, the game just ramped up so much."

Fishbach, of course, can't reveal whether he makes it beyond the final four, or anything else about the game moving forward.

"I had final-two agreements with everybody," he said. "I have said to everyone, and everyone has said to me, I will take you to the final two."

That should come as no surprise. Going in, Fishbach said he was a "cutthroat player" who could manipulate himself into a win.

And at this point in the game - which was filmed months ago - the contest comes down to reading people trying to balance self-interests and figuring out who to trust.

"One of the things that surprised me is how close you become with people," Fishbach said. "Watching it, you say, I'm not going to make any bonds. But you are living with them, and it creates these intense personal bonds."

Beyond that, Fishbach said, he learned a lot about himself in Brazil.

"Actually, the most surprising thing to me was that I could do it and I could survive so well, and how resilient I was," he said. "I came from this city world - everything is delivered, if something's not right, you can fix it. No desire goes unsatiated. I was surprised how easy I could transition to spending a night in the rain."

Fishbach views going on "Survivor" as a self-contained experience, although he wouldn't rule out returning if asked.

"I had an amazing experience with this all," he said, "but I'm ready to move on."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/05/15/2009-05-15_how_a_nyer_survives_the_postgame_secrecy.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
Finale Interview: Stephen

courtesy of CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:24:08 AM »
A couple of new pics from Kentucky. Was a joy meeting Stephen, he is very charming.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheWizard

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »
Hi, RFF! Hi, Peach!
-Stephen

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
Stephen!!

:bigwelcome to RFF!! We are SO glad to see you here! :hearts:

Heeeee....look out! Here come all the questions! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:02:25 PM »
Hello Stephen  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
Wowzers, Stephen! Hello
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 11:03:12 PM »
Stephen is trying to win a chance to be an official blogger on a trip to Antarctica!

You can vote for him here:

http://www.blogyourwaytoantarctica.com/blogs/view/569

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:08 PM »
Dun but that site does not like me, it took forever to load. Good Luck Stephen!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
Voted! Good luck Stephen! :jumpy:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline RahRah

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »