Author Topic: America's Next Top Model Cycle 12  (Read 27477 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
America's Next Top Model Cycle 12
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
America's Next Top Model Cycle 12

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL RETURNS!

If you wondering when Tyra Banks and her America’s Next Top Model crew will be back with another round of would-be models, never fear.

Series' judge and resident photographer Nigel Barker, spilled the beans to my fellow blogger, Valerie Nome, at the Haiti: Hunger and Hope art exhibition  in New York City last week.

“We just finished shooting our last season, and it will be on air again in March or April,” Nigel said.

“We start shooting season 13 in May and season 14 in September. It’s never-ending! I hope you’re not bored of my face. I’m not going anywhere.”

Nigel admits he’s really not interested in “being on another TV show,” but we hear he could be convinced to make a guest appearance on one saucy NYC series: Gossip Girl!

“If there’s a reason for it. I’ve done a few cameos before,” he says. “I’m not an actor. That’s one of the things about being on a reality show – I can be myself. But Gossip Girl is fun. There are some pretty girls there. It wouldn’t be hard to shoot them.”

We pretty sure you wouldn't, Nigel. Speaking of Gossip Girl, on tonight’s episode, Bart Bass’ will is read. Wonder who will clean up with that one!

Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on The CW.

Link to the article: http://www.ok-magazine.com/blog/post/11240/America's-Next-Top-Model-returns!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 12
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" RETURNS WITH AN ALL-NEW CYCLE AND 13 NEW HOPEFULS ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25 ON THE CW

Released by The CW

The CWs hit series AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL returns for cycle 12 with 13 finalists from across the country fighting to make their dreams of becoming a top model a reality on Wednesday, February 25 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) with encore performances on Fridays (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET).

"AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL" CYCLE 12 PARTICIPANTS:

Name: ALLISON

Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana

Name: AMINAT

Hometown: Union, New Jersey

Name: CELIA

Hometown: Cynthiana, Kentucky

Name: FO

Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Name: ISABELLA

Hometown: Barboursville, Virginia

Name: JESSICA

Hometown: Bradenton, Florida

Name: KORTNIE

Hometown: Houston, Texas

Name: LONDON

Hometown: Arlington, Texas

Name: NATALIE

Hometown: Palos Verdes, California

Name: NIJAH

Hometown: Rancho Cucamonga, California

Name: SANDRA

Hometown: Rockville, Maryland

Name: TAHLIA

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Name: TEYONA

Hometown: Woodstown, New Jersey

During this cycle, the 13 participants live together and ferociously vie for the grand prize, competing in a highly accelerated modeling boot camp. The participants abilities are tested each week as they strive to master the runway and fashion photo shoots, perfect publicity skills and learn the business aspects of becoming a supermodel, all under 24-hour-a-day surveillance of the AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL cameras. Throughout the series, supermodel Tyra Banks, art director of photo shoots Jay Manuel, and runway guru J. Alexander mentor the participants.

Banks leads the panel of AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL judges, comprised of leading fashion industry experts. The panel consists of supermodel Paulina Porizkova, along with photographer Nigel Barker and runway expert J. Alexander, who closely evaluate the progress of the models to narrow the field each week. In addition, special guest judges appear to critique the participants within his or her area of expertise.

The winner of The CW's AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL will be managed by Elite Model Management. She also receives a $100,000 contract with cosmetics giant CoverGirl. Finally, the winner will appear on the cover and six-page fashion spread in Seventeen magazine.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 Promo 1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »

America’s Next Top Model Cycle 12

( Projected Schedule )

Episode 1  February 25, 2009  8:00PM  CW * Season Premiere

Episode 2  March  4, 2009   8:00PM  CW
Episode 3  March 11, 2009  8:00PM  CW
Episode 4  March 18, 2009  8:00PM  CW
Episode 5  March 25, 2009  8:00PM  CW

Episode 6   April 1, 2009     8:00PM  CW
Episode 7   April 8, 2009     8:00PM  CW
Episode 8   April 15, 2009   8:00PM  CW
Episode 9   April 22, 2009   8:00PM  CW
Episode 10 April 29, 2009   8:00PM  CW

Episode 11  May 6, 2009    8:00PM  CW
Episode 12  May 13, 2009  8:00PM  CW
Episode 13  May 20, 2009  8:00PM  CW  *Season Finale

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
Yay!! I will still be able to watch ANTM on CW!   :wohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »

I’ll pass along some incredible speculation and spoilers for Cycle 12 wow they did their homework.

If you’re NOT interested in knowing I would advise everyone not to look.

Link: http://honestlyantm12.wordpress.com/cycle12-spoilers/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 06:01:53 PM »
WOW! Thanks MG for the spoiler!   :hearts:

Note to self: Set the DVR to record!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »
Cast photos:

Courtesy: CWTV

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 12:17:38 AM »

America's Next Top Model Season Premiere

February 25, 2009

Episode: 1

The 12th season begins in Las Vegas at Caesar's Palace with 34 would-be models participating in a photo shoot,

after which Tyra selects the top 13 contestants who will move into a loft in New York City to compete for the "Top Model" crown.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 Promo 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_qMXag797c

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
An interesting article:

Clay Aiken to Appear on America's Next Top Model

After enduring countless barbs from Simon Cowell on American Idol’s second season, Clay Aiken is finally getting a place at the judges’ table -- on America’s Next Top Model!

A show rep confirms to Usmagazine.com that Aiken, 30, will be featured on the show’s April 8 episode, working with the aspiring models in an acting challenge. Later, Aiken will critique the contestants’ performances -- along with regular judge and executive producer Tyra Banks -- during the panel session when one model is eliminated.

Singer Ciara will also appear on the episode during the models’ photo shoot.

America’s Next Top Model’s twelfth cycle premieres Feb. 25.

Link: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/clay-aiken-to-appear-on-april-8-episode-of-top-model

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »

PREMIERE DATE FOR "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" MOVES TO MARCH 4 ON THE CW

Released by The CW

"Top Model" Debut Also Expands From One-Hour to Two-Hour Event

The CW Network will move the premiere of the twelfth cycle of its hit series America's Next Top Model to Wednesday, March 4 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET), one week later than previously announced. The premiere episode will also expand from a one-hour telecast to a two-hour event.

In its eleventh cycle, America's Next Top Model consistently ranked number 1 in its timeslot with women 18-34. America's Next Top Model is produced by 10 by 10 Entertainment, in association with Bankable Productions. Tyra Banks is the creator and executive producer along with Ken Mok ("Making the Band") and Daniel Soiseth ("Hell's Kitchen").

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:58 AM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 March 4 Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSu4IGS68o

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 08:04:11 PM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 Preview 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYh6-sTg40&feature=channel_page

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

America's Next Top Model

Episode: 3

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"Do You Light The Way I Look?"

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHTING The girls head to Bergdorff's in New York City for makeovers! After receiving their new looks, the girls do their first photo session with Nigel Barker and must light themselves up.

America's Next Top Model

Episode: 4

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"New York's Finest"

SURPRISE! TWO FORMER CONTESTANTS OFFER RUNWAY ADVICE The girls learn runway etiquette?with Miss J and walk the runway in a Jill Stuart fashion show.? Two previous Top Model contestants surprise the girls and offer runway advice.? This week's photo shoot takes place on a New York City Sightseeing Tour Bus

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
i allway wattch this show even though i no i am watching a train wreck,lol i guess i like other ppl drama it makes mine look so bleak.
it is so weird i fell i need a desclam :funny: :funny:
 any way my comment is wth with the girl who looks like the daughter on the incredables, realy and i can't stand that one girl who was in the bottom 2 i hope that was her wake up call and she deils it down some she getts on my nerves = i will stop watching ..
i like the hair and make up part of the show and love the clothes, also love photo shoots so there another reason i watch. i am clear to keep watching at least 3 epi's lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »
An interview with Tyra:

Tyra Banks: Top Model Is "Fiercer Than Ever"

Tyra Banks has kept the Top Model momentum going, with last week's ratings up 11 percent over those of the previous season premiere. And according to the show's host, the 12th cycle is as — you guessed it — fierce as they come.

TVGuide.com: How does this season differ from past seasons?
Tyra Banks: Well, we are back in NYC for Cycle 12, and this season is fiercer than ever — seriously! The girls are actually put up in an apartment on the Upper East Side — which is so Gossip Girl! We have a really strong and unique mix of girls. There's also some very special celeb appearances — Clay Aiken, a close friend of mine, will actually pose as a designer, and Ciara will be making a cameo as well. And the final runway is beyond exciting — let's just say it was the most slippery walk-off yet.

TVGuide.com: What goes into picking your finalists?
Banks: We're always looking for odd, different, and interesting looks to expand beyond the cookie-cutter versions of what's considered beautiful. Aside from visual appearances, it's important to choose characters who are personally engaging. Aside from the entertainment value, I want to disprove the stereotype that all models are just pretty and kind of boring. The key is to find girls that viewers can connect with, and relate to in some way, but still find engaging, and fascinating.

TVGuide.com: What can we expect in this week's episode?
Banks: This upcoming episode is the highly anticipated makeover episode — the girls get made over at the John Barrett salon in the iconic Bergdorf Goodman's in NYC, and there are a ton of tears. Later, the girls are in for a treat when they get to shoot with Nigel Barker, and they also experience a Top Model first — they each learn how to light themselves in their photo shoots.

TVGuide.com: How true to life are the show's challenges compared to what professional models go through?
Banks: The modeling industry is harsh, and brutally honest. Our job is to prepare these girls for the real world of modeling. The girls really experience what life is like as a model behind the glitz and glamour. They have to live together like real models do, they have early call times and they're expected to participate in photo shoots even if they are feeling under the weather. At the judging panel, we don't hold back — they receive harsh criticism just like they would at an agency or on a job. Each girl who is eliminated comes face-to-face with rejection, and those who possess the persistence and drive to keep working at it are the ones who have what it takes to really make it.

TVGuide.com: We just heard you're looking for models under the standard 5'7 for an upcoming cycle. Why?
Banks: I constantly want to redefine, and expand the definition of beauty. This is really exciting for me — I've wanted to do a shorter season, and I really had to push hard for it.

TVGuide.com: After so many cycles, what has been the most memorable moment?
Banks: Throughout all 12 cycles, my favorite moments are always in casting when I get to meet the girls for the very first time. I see thousands of girls in photos and on video, so it's so exciting to see them face-to-face. I actually feel the same excitement and energy they do imagining that one of these girls will be America's Next Top Model.

TVGuide.com: Did you have any idea Top Model would be so successful?
Banks: When I came up with the idea for Top Model I was in my kitchen making tea. I truly believed there was an audience for it, and I hoped it would translate successfully to TV, but I couldn't have imagined that it would be what it is today. It's hard to believe we're in our 12th cycle. I'm so excited that Top Model has developed into such a recognizable brand, and I'm thankful to all the fans who continue to tune-in.

TVGuide.com: What's new on the talk-show front?
Banks: We're well into its fourth season, and we continue to tackle issues, and discuss topics with my primary mission at the core — empowering girls and young women. This week Dr. Drew will be on to help parents and their teens talk about sex, and on Thursday, we'll be discussing the very serious subject of violence in teen dating. And next week, we use special effects makeup to show three vain women who drink, smoke, or tan too much, what their faces will look like ten years from now.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tyra-Banks-Model-1003917.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »
i allway wattch this show even though i no i am watching a train wreck,lol i guess i like other ppl drama it makes mine look so bleak.
it is so weird i fell i need a desclam :funny: :funny:
 any way my comment is wth with the girl who looks like the daughter on the incredables, realy and i can't stand that one girl who was in the bottom 2 i hope that was her wake up call and she deils it down some she getts on my nerves = i will stop watching ..
i like the hair and make up part of the show and love the clothes, also love photo shoots so there another reason i watch. i am clear to keep watching at least 3 epi's lol

:lol:  Thanks for the laugh tory, she is annoying

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »
ty for all the great up dating u do mg..
i wish i had u r s and will skills.. u tooo r feirce!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
ANTM Episode 3 Recap:

Top Model Episode Recap: "Did You Light the Way I Look?"

It's the much-loved loved Top Model makeover episode where tears were shed as the models' precious locks were chopped. And the girls are tasked with lighting their own photo shoot while posing at the same time.

The girls head out in their Barbie doll stretch limo (not very green these days) and head out to 5th Ave where they learn they are about to get their makeover's at Bergdorf Goodman's John Barrett Salon. Then, of course, comes Tyra's kitschy theme of the makeovers which is a secret agent operation where the final looks are kept "confidential" from the girls until its all said and done. Get it? Secret agent!

Here are the new looks: Jessica's hair is shortened with a little wave and red added to it (pretty). Sandra goes super short and blonde (nothing to write home about, but maybe that's her inner-ugly clouding my judgment). Allison is given long, blonde curls (she's right about looking like a mermaid). Celia has her long, stringy hair chopped and out came the tears (I'm still not sure about how I feel about this one). Nijah got her length exaggerated (meh, look too similar). Aminat loses the 'fro weave (which Ms. J then wore as a vest) and replaces it with a long, sexy one. Kortnie goes fire red (love it). Teyona gets a "long, juicy, jerry curl" weave (not feelin' it). London gets one of the most dramatic makeovers with her hair not only chopped, but bleached (it's growing on me). Then there are the two girls who make a scene. First is Natalie who refuses to let them cut her hair — but wait — she's just been punked because they don't want to change a thing. They just wanted to see her cry. And then there's Fo, who after her hair is cut short, she gets can't help but get jealous of everyone's long, luscious locks. On turns the waterworks at the salon, in the confessional, at the photo shoot, etc.

For their challenge, the girls are tasked with getting a woman from off the street and familiarizing her with Walmart's CoverGirl wall of products. Fo, Kortnie and Teyona's team is frantic and all over the place. Tahlia, Jessica and London do a great job teaching their model how to put make-up on, but not familiarizing her with product. Natalie, Nijah and Allison bring the product from the CoverGirl wall to the model, as opposed to the other way around. Aminat, Sandra, Celia Do a good job introducing their girl to the CoverGirl wall, and ultimately win the photo shoot for Walmart.com despite the fact Sandra doesn't say a word.

The girls are then asked to partake in a very nerve-wracking challenge — not only is Nigel the photog, but they have to light themselves with two huge flashbulb sticks connected to the camera. As each girl holds the two flash sticks to light themselves, three others remain as extras in the shots' background. How those girls didn't get vertigo from those flashes right in their face is beyond me.

Fo can't seem to embrace her look and it shows. She actually starts crying again when Nigel asked her about during her shoot. Kortnie can't "get in the moment." Nijah looks dead. London does awesome. Allison's shot comes out creepy, but good-creepy. The judges tell Sandra she still needs work, yet she's still all about casting stones in her little glass house. Celia does amazing both in her picture and in the background of others. Jessica looks mighty angry. Aminat strikes a "girl in the hood" pose. Tahlia needs to master her "tension." Natalie does fairly well. But the girl who stole the show is Teyona who has the best picture (despite the fact that Tyra is hating her hair).

The bottom two is none other than the weeping Fo and cranky-faced Jessica. So who goes? The pretty girl who ain't so pretty in her photos, or the one who can't keep it together. Tears make for good TV, so alas, Jessica is sent packing.

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/americas-model/Model-Episode-Recap-1003941.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 Episode 4 Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyiD4EuRpc&feature=channel_page

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »

America's Next Top Model

Episode: 5

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Put Your Best Face Forward"

THE GIRLS STEP BACK IN TIME AT ELLIS ISLAND Cycle three contestant and model Tocarra drops by to host a slumber party & teaches the girls some helpful hints for a career in the modeling business. The girls get their fierce on when they go head-to-head in a posing challenge under the watchful eye of Benny Ninja. This week's challenge takes the girls to Ellis Island where they strike poses inspired by historical images of immigrants from the early 1900s

America's Next Top Model

Episode: 6

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Here's Your Test"

STRIKE YOUR FAVORITE TYRA POSE The house is divided and confrontational after last week's shocking admission from one girl at the elimination panel. During one of this week's photo challenges, the girls must model with their expressions when they are required to put their face on famous images/poses of Tyra

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
i just watched this week epi last night, i love the hair and make up part, i have been a hairdresser for ever sooo... any way the guy they took them too was on an epi of splitends , great show btw, he was sent to a salon where they had goats on the property it was great and he was realy fun to watch.
getting bc to top model i liked most of the new do's but some not so much i love the red head and the bug eyed blond looked better but she did not need the extention jmo. and cutting all that poor girls hair off saying she had such great boan sturcure and then kicking her to the curb realy???? hated the hc and they could have left it long, it was not nessasery to cut it that short we have lots of tricks to make the hair look short for photo shoots u don't have to cut it all of and than give a lame excuse.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 07:30:26 PM »
i just watched this week epi last night, i love the hair and make up part, i have been a hairdresser for ever sooo... any way the guy they took them too was on an epi of splitends , great show btw, he was sent to a salon where they had goats on the property it was great and he was realy fun to watch.
getting bc to top model i liked most of the new do's but some not so much i love the red head and the bug eyed blond looked better but she did not need the extention jmo. and cutting all that poor girls hair off saying she had such great boan sturcure and then kicking her to the curb realy???? hated the hc and they could have left it long, it was not nessasery to cut it that short we have lots of tricks to make the hair look short for photo shoots u don't have to cut it all of and than give a lame excuse.

:groan: I know poor girl how could they (:;)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »
y oh y do i watch this train wreck of a show lol...i think the best season was the one the girl with the long blond hair won i can't rember her name, i think it is the only season the person i wanted to win won.. i have been dvring it on sat rerun and ff threw most of it i am sure i will do that after last week again, if i even watch it tyra is getting to uppity she is so stuck up i don't like it not one bit of realy humbel ness that i can see she is sooo fake i love it when jole mccale the soup makes fun of her..lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!