Author Topic: re watching season 5 cdfe made me do it  (Read 8971 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
re watching season 5 cdfe made me do it
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »
cdfe made me do it! I am so not ready for this but now that I see the cast, I guess I'm hooked  :lol:.
Donny and Alison, Donny use to post here, he was so humble and embrassed by Alison that it wasn't even funny  :lol:. Hes such a great guy, he actually grew up a few miles away from where I live now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: re watching season 5 cdfe made me do it
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »
I'm already getting excited about the route and cast and I'm on the first 15 minutes  :wohoo:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »
Linda and Karen are great and I also liked Charla and Mirna and Chip and Kim and Colin and Christie were good too
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
I have 'em on .avi, very good quality i might add.

Easter Egg:
here's Charla & Mirna's sketch in MADTv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3KuUw5LzLk
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
^^ is it a torrent cdfe? I don't do them, I'm ascared, lol.

Wow that was an intense first leg! I forgot about all the mistakes that were made.
I loved Mirna with the cow beef, she couldn't carry it with her gloves so took them off and said " I can't hold it with the gloves I will get mad cow disease!" :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »
This is one of my very very favorite seasons...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:39 AM »
^^ is it a torrent cdfe? I don't do them, I'm ascared, lol.

Wow that was an intense first leg! I forgot about all the mistakes that were made.
I loved Mirna with the cow beef, she couldn't carry it with her gloves so took them off and said " I can't hold it with the gloves I will get mad cow disease!" :lol:
Actually it came from the massive torrent that had TAR 1-11 + TARA1, i erased s1 and s7 because i have the dvd's, but I found really good S12, S13, A2 and A3 .avis in other forums (dl takes about one hour per episode in megaupload)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 11:40:01 AM »
This is where I originally loved Charla & Mirna and then turned when I saw them for real in TAR All-Stars. I think I was distracted by Colin's horrible behavior in this season. When he got detained by the police, I was hoping that it would be the last time we would ever see him again.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
I only watched EP1 last night, too many distractions around here to enjoy it. I remember EP2 and am looking forward to Alisons meltdown , lol.
Some trivia for those with a good eye, Alison did not make the finish line to cheer on the last teams, rather, they had a stand in according to Donny, she refused.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »
I only watched EP1 last night, too many distractions around here to enjoy it. I remember EP2 and am looking forward to Alisons meltdown , lol.
Some trivia for those with a good eye, Alison did not make the finish line to cheer on the last teams, rather, they had a stand in according to Donny, she refused.
laaaame...and a bad sport
The story so far:

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »
TAR5 is the best of the series to date with the exception of no RB rules it was without fault. TAR had great teams, places, and tasks. Also, toward the end Colin mentioned something about it is getting foggy but didn't realize that would effect air travel.  :duno:
If I had reccomend one TAR season for someone to watch it would be TAR5(although TAR6 was my personnal favorite).

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »
(although TAR6 was my personnal favorite).
Task-wise, I agree but IMO, the cast left the second half of the season was pretty un-memorable. On season 5 at least the conflicts were amusing
The story so far:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
(although TAR6 was my personnal favorite).
Task-wise, I agree but IMO, the cast left the second half of the season was pretty un-memorable. On season 5 at least the conflicts were amusing
In season five Charla and Mirna and Colin and Christy were the sources of many of the conflicts, but Kami and Karli and Chip and Kim also had their fair share.  I the end, however, everyone was happy.   :tup:
In season six Adam and Rebecca, Lori and Bolo, and Jonathan and Victoria were having conflicts inside their teams.  Lori and Bolo didn't really care about how they communicted because they were used to yelling at each other, not really meanly.  Adam had some issues of talking about jumping on train tracks.  Haydon and Aaron had some issues too.  Most of the teams that made it far, bicked A LOT.  I think there was a little too much conflict in Season 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
I watched up to leg 8, finally egypt! and I'm not loving this season for some reason but do love watching Colin and Christie and Chip n Kim.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »
Colin & Christie made me hurl. Chip & Kim I liked and were the first team I had actually picked from the beginning to win.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »
I enjoyed the antics of Colin and Christie (after all, who can forget Colin almost getting arrested?)

Can't go past Linda and Karen though.

PS. Adam Troy Castro breaks down the Colin incident really well in My Ox Is Broken

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »
God I hate Charla & MIrna.

Okay got that out of my system.

For as much grief as we give Jonathug, Allison proves in two episodes to be nearly as bad (can you imagine if they would have lasted, Yikes).

Season 5 is very popular, but in many ways its popular for the things I hate about the race.

I hate all conflict between teams.  I mean this season had it in spades.  From Marshall and Lance to Charla & Mirna.  To Allison & Donny to each other, to Colin & Christie to Charla & Mirna, to Chip & Kim to Kami & Karli, ect.

Just a ton of fighting.  And I wonder why Season 6 was cast how it was.

Offline DerekCL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
I watched up to leg 8, finally egypt! and I'm not loving this season for some reason but do love watching Colin and Christie and Chip n Kim.

That leg is one of my favourites. It had amazing moments: Charla riding a camel. Chip helping Kami & Karli: "Forgive me now, Kami!" "Okay, you're redeemed" XD  The first twist on the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »
This season has my all time least favorite racer and my most favorite team. Loved the locations....

If this season had had the 6 Roadblock's each rule, it could have been perfect. Teams to love, teams to hate, drama everywhere... loved it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
Finally I finshed! ..from memory
Back to back NEL hate!
4 NEL leg hate!
Christy demanding that her jeepney driver in Manila just run over the pedestrian hate THEN talking about Karma boomeranging back to Chip n Kim for yielding her and Colin *hate*
zorbing love, most memorable task ever!
I loved El Nido Islands, thought the task were clue, the big clam and sadly the ascender detour that did the Bowling moms in  :(
Chip and Kim winning  :jumpy:!! You could tell Phil was happy, he always seemed different to Chip n Kim, you could tell he really really liked this team.
Oh and you just know the editors had fun with the teams this season, namely Brandon and Nicole with their religion and all  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
My favorite was watching Chip & Kim in Africa. They were truly a great team. And then they started plugging their website.  :groan:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 04:37:06 AM »
Christy demanding that her jeepney driver in Manila just run over the pedestrian hate

In all fairness, this was an example of out of context editing. It was later shown that this comment actually was referring to another team's camera crew in a jitney in front of them, who was blocking their progress... NOT really to a pedestrian.

But don't get me wrong, I still don't like them, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 07:10:06 AM »
I think what really hooked me on TAR was the double episode in Egypt. My family lived in Cairo for 6 years, in the late 60s/early 70s, between the wars. It was not a very pleasant place to live at the time. Egypt was using most all of its money at the time to fund the military operation later known as the Yom Kippur war in Oct of 73 and life was very harsh. When we lived there, there were approximately 450-500 Americans in country and an estimated 150,000 Eastern Block military. Russians, Ukranians, Romanians, and Yuposlavs. My younger sister graduated from high school there. My parents actually left Egypt 2 weeks before the war started in 1973. All of their possessions were sitting in lift van on docks in Alexandria when it started.

TAR did cover most of the "big" spots there in TAR 5, but like India, there are many other places to see and do. I have always wanted to see teams negociate the Khan el Kalili...what locals call the Moosky.........the Cairo kasbah. That would be a riot watching them negociating that thousand year old market place. Also most everyone forgets about Alexandria on the Med coast. It is a much more fascinating city than Cairo. So many cultures have remnants left there. My parents had a villa, just west of Alex, and not that far from El Alemain battlefield from WWII. I remember spending a lot of fun times on the beach there.

I personally have not been there since 1971, but I have really been thinking of going back to see how it has changed. Two places they could go to in upper Egypt is the Aswan damn complex and the temple of Abu Simbul, but there is still lots to see in Luxor and Cairo too, like the Citadel above the city on the eastern bank.
Matthew 7:15

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »
In season five Charla and Mirna and Colin and Christy were the sources of many of the conflicts, but Kami and Karli and Chip and Kim also had their fair share.  I the end, however, everyone was happy.   :tup:

Oh, I can remember Charla & Mirna trying to steal a cab, only to piss off Colin & Christy (and I don't really blame them). And in the next leg, Christy trying to block the doorway as payback.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
This season had cool locations, but I didn't really like the cast.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis