Author Topic: rewatching season 3  (Read 19180 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: rewatching season 3
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »
PARTAY! LOL
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Congrats Kiwi :wtg: :party:

So hey I just finished, another pretty cool finale! I'd forgotten about the animal/mammal tee pee but it didn't seem to hard. I thought it was funny that Flo thought for sure that Phil was messing with them, that Ken and Gerard had really won and were hiding  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
I remember several particularly interesting things about AR3:

1. Flo helping Ken/Gerard eliminate Derek/Drew
2. Dieselgate in Spain with 4 teams putting unleaded in gas tanks that only want diesel
3. That Zach/Flo got NELs to save them in both Switzerland and in Vietnam. That's exceptionally lucky.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »

2. Dieselgate in Spain with 4 teams putting unleaded in gas tanks that only want diesel
3. That Zach/Flo got NELs to save them in both Switzerland and in Vietnam. That's exceptionally lucky.
BJ & Tyler (S9) were saved twice by a NEL too if I remember correctly
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

It was only because Flo didn't want Ken and Gerard on the same boat with them that she told them where they had to go before getting on the boat.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
puddin,
My understanding of that event is based on information that Flo provided to Troy Adam-Castro for his book "My Ox is Broken." He indicates that her motivations was to stay ahead of them (totally irrelevant since Flo/Zach were one large step ahead of them and could not be caught) and to get them off her boat (why she cared who was on her boat as long as they didn't have a cyclo with them is difficult to understand). In any event, she did not do it to help them, but that was the actual effect.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
I just finished season 4 and I'm moving backwards to season 3 now! But I'm not watching all in one week like puddin because I am too busy for that. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
I'm lazy...I still have to watch half of S6 to finish 'em all. So far, I have watched TAR (complete seasons) in this order: 5 (TV), 1 (DVD), 7 (DVD), 3 (DL), 8 (DL), 9 (DL), 10 (DL), 2 (DL), 11 (VeOh), 12 (TV), 4 (DL), 13 (TV), A1 (DL), A2 (DL), A3 (DL), 6 (partially TV and DL)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
lol, I am watching them in order because my OCD won't let me watch them any other way  :-[  but had to take a break last night, Tomb Raider the Underworld was calling, the tree had to come down, and the freezer needed restocking  :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 05:25:33 PM »
lol, I am watching them in order because my OCD won't let me watch them any other way  :-[  but had to take a break last night, Tomb Raider the Underworld was calling, the tree had to come down, and the freezer needed restocking  :lol:
But deep inside you knew you had the TARhunger didn't you? :P
The story so far:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
But deep inside you knew you had the TARhunger didn't you? :P
  :lol:  :yess:

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
TAR3 is all Flo & Zack! If it weren't for them (Flo) the season would have been totally boring. Terri & Ian were the only other interesting team and Flo hated Terri.  :lol: I found the ending very exciting. F&Z didn't think they won at first.
All the other teams were not interesting at all.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »
I'll disagree with you, Mr. Minuteman. Ken & Gerard were a great team and I wish they had finished first instead of Flo & Zach who to me were the most undeserving team to win. Hated them. Hated Flo more. She's repented and apologized for her horrid behavior, but the Flo rule of teams needing to split roadblocks is due mostly to her. I've never seen someone do so little for her team.

If that were me on the train in Vietnam, I would have sold Flo in exchange for cigarettes. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »
I loved Kenny and Gerard and Teri and Ian, Flo was o.k and Zach was good. Derek and Drew were great competitors and JVJ were so good to one another. I didnt take notice to the others! haha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
Jay,

I loved Jon Vito & Jill. My preferred final 3 of this season would have been Ken & Gerard, Jon Vito & Jill and Aaron & Arienne. The rest I could do without.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
One clarification: I believe the six roadblock rule was called the Bowling Mom's rule. I t started after the inequality of the roadblocks in season 5, IIRC. Linda and Karen could have gone further if some of the other women had had to do their share of roadblocks as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
Exactly. Chip, 9 Kim 1, Colin, 8 Christie 1, Brandon 9, Nicole 1 where as the Moms had like 5 and 6 or around abouts!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:58 AM »
the bowling moms were one of the most inspirational teams ever :'(
The story so far:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 02:31:52 AM »
definitely. After 2006 I was one of Linda and Karens good friends on Myspace. I havent been on myspace for soooo looonng though which is said!  :'(

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 07:26:35 AM »
Last I heard, the Bowling Moms were on Season 5. If you want to talk about them, why didn't you create a thread for Season 5?

p.s. Somebody actually started one.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 07:29:44 AM »
TARAsiaFan, you can remake the ending however you want to, but the actual ending had Ian/Teri in second place, with Ken/Gerard finishing last in the Finale. It would be a stretch for Ken/Gerard to win. I think Zach earned it with his extra effort throughout AR3, even though Flo's behavior is quite reprehensible.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
In fact, the real ending is on YouTube, somewhere. :P
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
We know apskip.  :tup:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
Last I heard, the Bowling Moms were on Season 5. If you want to talk about them, why didn't you create a thread for Season 5?

p.s. Somebody actually started one.
It was on-topic at the time XD
The story so far:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »

I can remember being upset and shocked that the Switzerland leg was non-elimination, thinking there is no way they would have back-to-back NELs.

If I remember correctly, the Vietnam one was one of those "no more eliminations, just about placement" leg, which I never really saw as a true NEL. But Z&F were definitely lucky in the leg before that, who were last at the time, and very lucky that 2 other teams missed the clue box many times.