Author Topic: rewatching season 3  (Read 19179 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: rewatching season 3
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »
They just went with the Flo :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »
 :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 09:05:33 AM »
3. That Zach/Flo got NELs to save them in both Switzerland and in Vietnam. That's exceptionally lucky.

I can remember being upset and shocked that the Switzerland leg was non-elimination, thinking there is no way they would have back-to-back NELs.

If I remember correctly, the Vietnam one was one of those "no more eliminations, just about placement" leg, which I never really saw as a true NEL. But Z&F were definitely lucky in the leg before that, who were last at the time, and very lucky that 2 other teams missed the clue box many times.

Walter , I have gone back one more time to my AR3 tape to see what happened at the end of the Vietnam leg. You are right that this end with no elimination (making it a NEL by definition) and in no penalty (those hadn't been invented for the Amazing Races in that period).  The Switzerland NEL leg was of the same type. Flo and Zach were last, not eliminated and did not receive any penalty. In the Ep. 12 case, scheduling of NELs was done so that it could be on the penultimate leg with 3 teams still in contention. Let's see how it was handled in comprabale penultimate leg situations in later seasons.  AR4 had a NEL in the penultimate leg which had no penalty. In AR7 in Jamaica the penultimate leg was NEL and the penalty to Uchenna/Joyce had a serious impact on their position, but it was mitigated by the hours of operation for the Aguadilla sugar refinery that allowed them to catch up. In AR9, Ray and Yolanda lost all their money at the end of the penultimate leg and had to struggle to catch up.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
I'm just going to throw my hat into the ring Flo-wise here.

I don't hate Flo.

Yes, she behaved like a spoiled brat for most of the race, but that was just her reaction to stress.

Look at leg one. Flo, with her fear of heights, completed a skydiving task, looking confident about it.

Fast forward to Vietnam. Flo is in the process of having a complete breakdown, Zack can see it.
Everything Alright?
Define 'alright'
Teri and Ian can see it.
Flo's going to have a major... incident.
Ken and Gerard can see it. (No quote this time sorry.)

Hell, even Flo can see it.

If I get on this train, I'm going to have a breakdown. Do you wanna see it happen?

All of Flo's whining aside, she was in a genuinely bad place mentally, and it becomes even more obvious when she comes off the train looking like a reanimated corpse.

Yes, she was a terrible whinger, but sleep deprivation, jet lag and stress does things to people.

With Flo, it was just a tad more obvious.

And to finish, I'm going out with the immortal words of Kent Brockman.

And that's my two cents.

PS. Thank you Adam-Troy Castro for saying it first.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
although S3 offered no memorable shouting lady ("LENEEEE", "MEREDITH!", etc) that I can think of right now

I just finished up watching season 3 and Flo is quite the shouter (complainer)... the best screaming reaction would be.... "WE NUMBER 10!!! WE NUMBER 10!!!!!" by one of my favorite underdog teams.  :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)