Other Great Reality Shows > Other Reality TV Shows & News

19 Kids And Counting....

<< < (5/7) > >>

RealityFreakWill:
Josh and Anna Duggar Welcome a Baby Boy

The Duggar family just got even bigger – it's a boy for Josh and Anna!

Josh, 23 – the eldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar – and his wife welcomed a new addition on Wednesday, four days earlier than expected, a source confirms to PEOPLE. The couple are not ready to release the name publicly yet, but they are staying with the "M" theme.

Weighing in at 8 lbs., 5 oz., he joins big sister MacKynzie, 20 months. And he'll have plenty of doting relatives with 18 aunts and uncles – Jim Bob and Michelle's children – whose lives are documented on TLC's 19 Kids and Counting.

Anna, 22, gave birth at 5:55 p.m. in the family's Tontitown, Ark., home, the same place MacKynzie was born.

The newborn will also have a very special playmate: Michelle's youngest, Josie, who was born very premature, is now a healthy 17-month-old.

"I think of Josie being born at only 25 weeks," Josh told PEOPLE prior to the birth, "and it makes us think about how precious life is and what a blessing each child is."

For more on the latest Duggar addition, tune-in to 19 Kids: First Grandson this Sunday at 8/7c on TLC.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20502797,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20110616-20502797

RealityFreakWill:
Josh and Anna's new baby boy's name has been revealed.

MICHAEL JAMES DUGGAR

Prophet:
Congrats to Josh and Anna!

RealityFreakWill:
 :groan: 20th Child On The Way!

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar: 'We're Expecting Again!'

They're going for an even 20!

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, are expecting their 20th child this spring.

"We are so excited," says Michelle, 45, who is now about three-and-a-half months into her pregnancy and due in April. "I feel good. I am past the sickness stage now."

The Tontitown, Ark., couple, who are parents to children Joshua, 23 (who is married to Anna, 23 and has two children, Mackynzie, 2 and Michael, 4 months), twins Jana and John-David, 21; Jill, 20; Jessa, 19; Jinger, 17; Joseph, 16; Josiah, 15; Joy-Anna, 14; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 12; Jason, 11; James, 10; Justin, 8; Jackson, 7; Johanna, 6; Jennifer, 4; and Jordyn, 3, weathered the medical emergency of their youngest daughter, Josie's birth on Dec. 10, 2009.

She was born following Michelle's preeclampsia diagnosis at a mere 25 weeks, weighing only 1lb., 6 oz.

Josie's medical drama – and Michelle's own fight for survival – was documented throughout their TV series. Josie will turn 2 in December and is developing normally, without any longterm effects from her premature birth.

"It is a miracle. Josie is the most energetic, busy little almost-2-year-old," says Michelle.  "She is short, and yet she can keep up with the big girls and she thinks she is just as big as they are. We are amazed at what she can do."

Following Josie's life-threatening arrival into the world, the Duggars understand that some might question their latest pregnancy.

"Michelle is probably in better health now than she was 10 years ago," says Jim Bob, 46.  "She has been getting on an elliptical for about an hour a day and is very careful of what she eats."

Michelle, who is under the care of a high-risk pregnancy doctor, says she is being cautious, eating a lot of protein and green vegetables and abstaining from caffeine. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of women have preeclampsia – Michelle had it with her second pregnancy – and the condition can strike randomly. Women who have had it previously are at higher risk, however.

"We are just going to do the best we can," says Michelle.  "I am taking a nap every day, and we are just taking good care."

Jim Bob agrees: "If we had lived by fear after Michelle had preeclampsia after her second delivery, we would have missed out on all our wonderful blessings," he says. "So many of her pregnancies have gone extremely well."

One completely new aspect of this pregnancy?  Michelle will have her very first scheduled Cesarean section since Josie's premature birth required a special cut on the inside of her uterus.

"I've never had a planned C-section," Michelle says.  "So this one will be different."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20543449,00.html

RealityFreakWill:
A Duggar Tragedy

Michelle Duggar Miscarries

A day of joyful anticipation has turned to anguish for Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

At a routine check-up Thursday to find out the sex of their 20th child, their doctor was unable to find a heartbeat and told the couple they had miscarried in the second trimester.

"After the appointment, we came back home and told the children," says Michelle, 45.

"We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment."

She says the family will select a name after they know if the baby was a boy or girl, and then plan to have a funeral service.

"I feel like my heart broke telling my children," says Michelle. "They have all been so excited about this baby and looking forward to April coming around and having a new little one in our arms. That was the most difficult. The Lord is the giver of life and he can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him."

The stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting previously weathered a medical ordeal with their youngest daughter, Josie, who was born in December 2009.

This was their second miscarriage; Michelle lost her baby during her second pregnancy. She was taking oral birth control at the time and cites this as one reason the couple together decided to leave the number of children they have "up to God."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version