Other Great Reality Shows > Other Reality TV Shows & News

19 Kids And Counting....

<< < (4/7) > >>

Prophet:
The funny thing about this family is that all their children's names start with J...how many J names can there b out there?

RealityFreakWill:
Josie Duggar Celebrates Her 'Miracle' First Birthday

What a difference a year makes.

Last year, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, were devastated when their baby daughter, Josie, was born at only 25-weeks-old via emergency C-section on Dec. 10, weighing a mere 1 lb, 6 oz.

"This baby is so small, I don't think she can survive," Michelle told PEOPLE at the time.

A year later, Josie is celebrating her first birthday, laughing, playing and clapping at a healthy 15 lbs., 12 oz. "She's waving hello and goodbye," says Michelle. "She's saying da-da … Her outlook is so wonderful. It is a miracle."

According to Michelle, Josie is doing well developmentally, though she continues with monitoring and receiving oxygen when she sleeps.

"We call her our little pajama girl because she has to wear a certain kind of snap pajamas for the monitor wires," Michelle says. "She is in 6-month-old clothes now, but we have some 9-month-old ones ready for her to grow into."

A Family Celebration

As Jim Bob and the couple's oldest children complete a mission trip in El Salvador, Michelle and her other children have been decorating the house and reveling in the birthday festivities.

"Because of Josie's circumstances being so different, I've had to stop myself from buying too many presents," says Michelle. "I got her some clothes. And we are probably going to pick out a riding toy too and I am going to let the older kids help pick that out when they return."

As for other activities, Michelle has cut out a giant number 1 and all the younger kids are decorating it with bright colors. She plans to photograph Josie, her daughter Jordyn (who turns 2 on Dec. 18) and her granddaughter MacKynzie holding the cutout.

"For eight days more they will all be 1-year-old," says Michelle. "Anna and I are thinking this is a tradition we might start now and them photograph the three of them together every year."

Just thinking of Josie's continued growth is a cause for Duggar-sized holiday celebrating, she says.

"It is incredible," says Michelle. "It is a wonderful day. And it is exciting to think of the future."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20448847,00.html

timmwks:
Wow, way to one-up Jon & Kate!

RealityFreakWill:
Josh and Anna Duggar Expecting a Boy This Summer

Three months from now, the super-sized Duggar family will add another … boy!

Josh Duggar, 23 – the eldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle – and his wife Anna, 22, are expecting their second child on June 19 to join older sister Mackynzie, 17 months.

The couple chose an unconventional method for learning the gender of the child – they had Michelle tell them.

"We went to the ultrasound and decided that my mom would know," Josh tells PEOPLE. "We figured she could handle the secret and then have a surprise sharing of the information with the entire family, including me and Anna."

They waited more than a week, and it wasn't easy. "I think Anna was getting a little bit anxious and excited to know, kind of antsy," says Josh. Anna agrees: "We thought it was fun to have the whole family hear at the same time and have the excitement together, but it was hard to wait."

Josh and Anna are now happily planning a home birth and thinking about boys' names. Mackynzie had an unplanned home birth, but "it went so well," says Anna, "that we are glad to be preparing for a home birth this time."

All 19 children born to Michelle, 43 and Jim Bob, 44 – 10 boys and nine girls – have names beginning with a "J," so the inevitable question is: Will Josh and Anna follow with an "M" tradition for their children?

"We still have a little time left to decide," says Josh. "Anna and I will find a good name that will be perfect for this little boy."

Meanwhile, Anna says her pregnancy is going well and she feels good.

"Our No. 1 tradition is having Josh read the bible to the baby," she says. "And we tell the baby, 'We love you and we can't wait to meet you.' We are explaining to Mackynzie about having a new baby in the house. I don't know if she knows the difference between a belly button and a baby, but she is learning."

Josh says the health scare that his youngest sister Josie survived after being born at only 25 weeks – she is now thriving as a 15-month-old – is making him grateful for Anna's healthy pregnancy.

"Anna is at 26 weeks into the pregnancy now," he says. "I think of Josie being born at only 25 weeks, and it makes us think about how precious life is and what a blessing each child is."

All the Duggars discover the gender together on Monday's episode of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, airing at 10 p.m. ET.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20473555,00.html

ruby2011:
"The Duggar family"  :snicker:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version