Author Topic: S18: Survivor Tocantins News now with the CAST  (Read 39155 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: S18: Survivor Tocantins News etc ..
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »
Survivor will start up in 5 1/2 weeks and I was wondering how far ahead prior to the premiere do they release the names and bios of the castaways?

I'm sure Puddin knows.....lol

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Gotcha, Puddin....

Found two logos on photobucket, may want to use one of them for the new board to replace Gabon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands will be the show’s 18th season

For its 18th season, Survivor is heading back to Brazil, but to a place very different from the one that hosted Survivor Amazon. Survivor Tocantins (pronounced “toe-can-cheens”) is, as the subtitle suggests, set in the Brazilian highlands, north of Brasilia in the state of Tocantins along the Rio Novo River, where a crew member drowned before production began.
The new location will be officially announced at the end of the live reunion, but Jeff Probst pulled the trigger early. On his radio show Friday, Ryan Seacrest asked Probst [MP3] where he’s been, and Jeff said, “Brazil. That’s for the next season. That’s the show we can’t talk about yet, but we were out there.”
In addition, because of the crew member death; the location’s proximity to people and roads; local media reports; and a Brazilian crew member who apparently didn’t read his contract carefully and posted location photos and even a sketch of the logo online on Orkut (they’ve been deleted but are reproduced on Survivor Sucks), the location hasn’t exactly been a secret.
As many of you guessed, I traveled there in late October for the first few days of production, and while the location is beautiful—and, in some places, stunning—it was also miserable, with temperatures well over 100 even in the shade. By comparison, Gabon in the summer was cooler and more pleasant than Florida. The one rainstorm we had was like a tropical storm, not a thunderstorm. In other words, the environment will, I’m guessing, play a much more significant role next season.
The geography is kind of like high desert, although there are some trees, so kind of like savanna. Around the river, though, it’s much more jungle-like. The Brazilian location is remote but less so than Gabon, as power lines run along the road that base camp sits on, and there’s a small village nearby. Both tribes will live on the same river, and not too far from one another, although they’ll never know that.
CBS will probably announce the cast mid-January, when I’ll have a new round of interviews and analysis, and the new season debuts Feb. 12.
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2008_Dec_14_location

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:21 PM »
Puddin, I see you updated the board with the new logo. I think the logo looks good!

I'm ready for Survivor! Can't wait to see the new castaways! I want another Charlie, lol!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Thanks for the logo Will, it looks great!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
Survivor Fever has several of their photos posted.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE 16 CASTAWAYS TO COMPETE ON "SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS"

18th Installment of the Hit Television Series Premieres

in High-Definition on Thursday, Feb. 12

CBS today announced the 16 castaways who will compete on SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS — THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, when the 18th installment of the Emmy Award-winning series premieres Thursday, Feb. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS will prove to be one of the most rugged locations ever visited and the only relief from these harsh conditions will be a river oasis known as the Rio Novo. Left stranded in the majestic interior of Brazil for 39 days, these castaways will battle scorching temperatures, torrential downpours, and dangerous wildlife all in an effort to outwit, outplay, and outlast one another in order to win the title of Sole Survivor.   

This season, the castaways will be divided into two separate tribes from the very beginning and these diverse individuals must immediately begin their game based solely on their first impressions of each other.  In advance of any formal introduction and before the castaways speak their first words to each other, one person from each tribe will be chosen to remain behind and will not continue with their group on the journey that lies ahead.  Will this mean the end for these two individuals or will they get a second chance to make a first impression?

Castaways competing on SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS – THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS (in alphabetical order separated by tribes) are:

JALAPAO TRIBE                                                     TIMBIRA TRIBE

SANDY BURGIN                                                       TYSON APOSTOL

Age: 53                                                                        29

Hometown: Louisville, Ky.                                            Hometown: Lindon, Utah

Occupation: Bus Driver                                     Occupation: Professional Cyclist

JOE DOWDLE                                                            DEBRA “Debbie” BEEBE

Age: 26                                                                        Age: 46

Hometown: Austin, Texas                                             Hometown: Auburn, Ala.

Occupation: Real Estate Sales                           Occupation: School Principal

SPENCER DUHM                                                      ERINN LOBDELL

Age: 19                                                                        Age: 26

Hometown: Lakeland, Fla.                                            Hometown: Waukesha, Wis.

Occupation: Student                                                     Occupation: Hairstylist

CAROLINA EASTWOOD                                         SIERRA REED

Age: 26                                                                        Age: 23

Hometown: West Hollywood, Calif.                              Hometown: Los Angeles

Occupation: Bartender                                      Occupation: Model

STEPHEN FISHBACH                                               JERRY SIMS

Age: 29                                                                        Age: 49

Hometown: New York                                     Hometown: Rock Hill, S.C.

Occupation: Corporate Consultant                                Occupation: Sgt. – U.S. Army

TAJ JOHNSON-GEORGE                                         CANDACE SMITH

Age: 37                                                                        Age: 31

Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.                                         Hometown: Dayton, Ohio

Occupation: Former Pop Star                                       Occupation: Attorney

(More)

JAMES “JT” THOMAS JR.                                         BRENDAN SYNNOTT

Age: 24                                                                        Age: 30

Hometown: Samson, Ala.                                             Hometown: New York

Occupation: Cattle Rancher                                          Occupation: Entrepreneur

SYDNEY WHEELER                                     BENJAMIN “Coach” WADE

Age: 24                                                                        Age: 37

Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.                                             Hometown: Bolivar, Mo.

Occupation: Model                                                       Occupation: Soccer Coach

SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS – THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett is executive producer and David Burris and Leisa Francis are co-executive producers.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:13:14 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »
omg youtube is SO slow today .. Meet The Cast (when ready)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S18: Survivor Tocantins News now with the CAST
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 12:01:13 PM »
OMG. Apparetnely they are going to do a Palau  (:;). Right off the bat when I saw the cast was released I went to google news and clicked on all the good ones...They all say that the tribes will be divided and both of them right off the bat will choose 2 from both tribes to stay there is what it says...So I reckon its Exile then!! I hope so otherwise  :knuckles:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »
Then probably bring the 2 back, there is not enough Castaways to fill the days!!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 12:15:42 PM »
Hopefully the 2 they pick to be left behind will end up being the ones given immunity at their 1st TC.  Otherwise I'm afraid my gal from Louisville will be gone.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »
My original guess was Louisville and Principal but I reckon Debra is really the new Tracy and looks really fit and she can run. I reckon she makes it. And 2: Puddin you should be right. I reckon they are exiled but come back for Immunity with maybe a immunity necklace?? Lets hope  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »
and Stephen said he is gonna beat the other 17....NOT 15 Competitors. There has been some stupid talk about Sugar and Marcus coming back. I hope those people arent right!!  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »
Maybe that's before he knew the numbers? ???

From TV Guide:

The Sweet 16 will be divvied up into two tribes from the beginning — Jalapao and Timbira — forcing them to play the devious Survivor game based on first impressions. How devious is it? One person from each tribe will be selected to stay put while their fellow castaways continue on. But, as CBS teases, they may "get a second chance to make a first impression."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivor-Tocantins-Cast-1001624.aspx

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
The concencus is that the tribes are told to immediatley gather there stuff and head over to their tribe mat. They compete in a challenge to see weak links and personalities and Candace and Sandy are left behind. The girls are then swapped and Sandy goes to Timbira thus the "I dont like the old women" from Tyson and her seen possibly in previews wearing Black buff and Candace is pure spec thats what Sucks is saying. There is also talk that they give the two people Immunity for the first tribal council their new tribe goes to. Thus the second chance at making a "first impression"

Or we could be wrong and everyone stays on their repsective tribes but they leave behind those 2 and they are given HII's like Marcus and G.C for their first tribal council with their original tribes

:duno: blah-blah-blah  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
Finally my digital tvguide came  :res:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
From reality blurred.com

Stephen, Tyson, Erinn were the most engaging Survivor Tocantins cast members; Sandy, Sierra were more annoying

The cast of Survivor Tocantins is a strong group, and one with fewer extremes. I have no doubt some will appall us and others will make us love them based upon their behavior during the show, but in person, they were pretty much all likable, engaging people—a nice change from Gabon.

Thus, it was very hard for me to rank the 16 new cast members this season from likable to unlikable, which I did last season. In Brazil, I found Sandy to be downright annoying but incredibly fun to talk to (hell, she was wearing a dehydrated animal penis as a necklace); Brendan was reserved and skeptical but smart and friendly; Spencer was in hyper superfan mode but was a great Survivor conversationalist.

Because no one was really hateful, and are instead just more annoying or less interesting than the others, this list ranks them from engaging to less engaging. And literally every one of them could be switched with the person before or after them in the list; it’s very arbitrary, since, again, no one left me with an overwhelmingly negative vibe.

Because of that, I’ve included two adjectives for each to identify what I recall as their most memorable personality traits. Starting next week, look for an interview a day with more details you won’t find anywhere else, including information about who was recruited (a lot of them), plus my analysis of their potential in the game and their strategies.

1. Stephen Fishbach: intellectual, aware
   2. Tyson Apostol: witty, unassumingly smart
   3. Erinn Lobdell: fun, charming
   4. Candace Smith: amusing, assertive
   5. Spencer Duhm: young, cutely enthusiastic
   6. Tamara “Taj” Johnson-George: charming, well-rounded
   7. Brendan Synnott: cautious, attentive
   8. Benjamin “Coach” Wade: impossibly arrogant, self-aware
   9. Carolina Eastwood: worldly, perky
  10. Jerry Sims: resourceful, friendly
  11. Debra “Debbie” Beebee: considerate, inviting
  12. Sydney Wheeler: interesting, average
  13. Joe Dowdle: resolute, agreeable
  14. James “JT” Thomas Jr.: nice, flat
  15. Sandy Burgin: super-crazy-enthusiastic, annoying
  16. Sierra Reed: prepared, brash

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »
I now have the cast youtubed

WOW! Thank you puddin! That was a lot of work and I'm sure the out-of-the-country folks appreciate it! :thankyou:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
a blurb in next weeks EW Magazine (will try to scan later)

Survivor Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands

"The blindside continues to be a major force", reveals Jeff Probst. "It wreaks delightful havoc on a group of the most likable Survivors we have had in a long time."
Likable? We don't watch Survivor to make friends.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
We did not have a TAR promo yet in CSI, but there is a :15 Survivor promo. Nothing earth shattering. It was after the first segment.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 08:47:32 PM »
Make that two] Survivor promos in CSI. The second one is about :30 and is more revealing. But since I'm not into Survivor as I am TAR, I will not do pics.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Just go here to survivorphoenix, videos as well as screencaps. I'm pretty sure the promos shown tonight are the same ones they have been repeating.

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 06:42:12 PM »
tvguide scans