Author Topic: Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!  (Read 39029 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
Yes, it was AR8 when the Linz family did that and so did Zach and Flo in AR3. I consider the placement of states onto the map of the U.S. as a big-time memory task. the remembering of the order of animals is less impressive. You are correct that Eric/Jeremy in AR9(flag challenge) and Ken/Tina in AR13(remembering the specific sights for one task in each leg and find them among 150 clue boxes) were first there, but both had only a slight edge.

If you want to add in Amazing Race Asia, then the ARA2 had Collin and Adrian arriving 3rd to the flag challenge and finishing it first for the win. That was truly impressive.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:56:48 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 12:41:07 PM »
Peach, under questioning by BuddyTV that I believe was posted by Marigold, Toni or Dallas said 10:30pm was their approximate arrival at that party.

I think Toni told me "almost midnight" but perhaps I didn't get it just right... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »
To me, 10:30 p.m. is close to midnight. About 90 minutes. I'll take "close to midnight".
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
Congratulations to Nick & Starr on a deserving win!  Not my favorite team, but still definitely well-deserved.  And I'm glad Ken & Tina's marriage was strengthened thanks to the Race!

Belle Book

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »
ty for the vid..i did not see it this morni or dvr it. so ty ty ty..

this was a realy great season!!!!! :cmas9
ty to all the racers u ran with a lot of class.
oh ps did the morni show dude say he ran the race?? when and whith who?? i saw all the seasons on dvr last year but i don't rember him..from the race any way ?? any one please??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
HArry from TES got to run one "behind the scenes " leg a while back as press, but I don't remember when...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
They ran the Iceland Leg of TAR 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 10:19:49 PM »
They ran the Iceland Leg of TAR 6.
We saw Gus's man-boobs ........

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
Who could for get that? Or Lori's fake boobs splashing in the snow.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 11:45:46 PM »
Who could for get that? Or Lori's fake boobs splashing in the snow.
NOT Men!  :cmaslol

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 12:05:45 AM »
To me, that is one of the funniest quotes ever from TAR!!!!!

After spending the night on that glacier, Lori says  "Even my implants are frozen!!!"
Matthew 7:15

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
nick and starr next on bonnie hunt after the commercial break

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 01:39:25 PM »
I hope someone is uploading this? I sat right here waiting for it to come on at 2, but apparently it ran at one here... :crybabe:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »
Phil is flirting with Bonnie!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »
OMG Phil is BAD!! lmao!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
You all are going to love this! mmmmmmmm making love to Phil for 12 hours! Do it Bonnie!!! or get out of my wayyyyyy!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 02:36:19 PM »
Here come the "wizards" of the amazing race, lol
Starr gorgeous in emerald green, Bonnie says they clean up nice, Phil says they never dressed up like this for him, lol

Most legs won, youngest winners, firsts

Nick and Starr hated each other in high school .. now best friends ..

They haven't gotton their money yet

Starr says that Nick is proposing soon

Starr is maybe moving to Ca to be with Dallas!!

Bonnie shows a photo

Phil did not think that Starr and Nick would win, they have bets pre show and never predicted them for the win, that they were young thought it might take a toll on them.
Phil has lipstick on his cheek, cute!

Phil presents Bonnie with a huge amazing race MAT! 100 countries!! Bonnie is putting it on EBAY! for cancer research and signs it!

thats it!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »
i want the amazing bathmat lol. they should make them to sell :cmaslol

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
I hope someone is uploading this? I sat right here waiting for it to come on at 2, but apparently it ran at one here... :crybabe:

awww hopefully someone will

You all are going to love this! mmmmmmmm making love to Phil for 12 hours! Do it Bonnie!!! or get out of my wayyyyyy!!

:funny:

puddin is off smoking a cigarette

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »

awww hopefully someone will

:funny:

puddin is off smoking a cigarette
Shush you  :cmaslol

http://www.bonniehunt.com/as_seen_on/081208/10wednesday/popup_player.html?pdl=philkeoghan1210

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »
Yes, it was AR8 when the Linz family did that and so did Zach and Flo in AR3. I consider the placement of states onto the map of the U.S. as a big-time memory task. the remembering of the order of animals is less impressive. You are correct that Eric/Jeremy in AR9(flag challenge) and Ken/Tina in AR13(remembering the specific sights for one task in each leg and find them among 150 clue boxes) were first there, but both had only a slight edge.

If you want to add in Amazing Race Asia, then the ARA2 had Collin and Adrian arriving 3rd to the flag challenge and finishing it first for the win. That was truly impressive.

I thought that All stars had a (sort of) memory task that Eric and Dani were third in arriving at (only marginally though) and TAR 12 DEFINITELY had the memory task that Ron and Chris were first to.

Also, I wouldn't call a puzzle of the US a memory task. More of a geography task with a little luck involved.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
coutzy said
Will we ever see a team arrive first at the memory task and win?

I don't know how you interepret it, but I definitely interpret it as meaning "on the last episode." The finish of AR12 had a "balance the weight on the scale" task and AR11 had the "match the answers to simple preference questions between the two teammates" task. Neither one is remotely a "season memory" task. I cannot remember the Ron/Chris task you are referring to, but it was definitely not in the AR12 finale.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:25:30 AM by apskip »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 02:57:08 AM »
It was the task where they had to put all the correct items on the platform with the extra stipulations that. I remember that they had to use an item from every leg.

They had the pole vault from Holland and the tandem bikes and a few others.

Ron and Chris arrived first, TK and Rachel second and Nick and Don third.

TK and Rachel obviously left first, followed by Ron/Chris and Nick/Don.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »
coutzy said
Will we ever see a team arrive first at the memory task and win?

I don't know how you interepret it, but I definitely interpret it as meaning "on the last episode." The finish of AR12 had a "balance the weight on the scale" task and AR11 had the "match the answers to simple preference questions between the two teammates" task. Neither one is remotely a "season memory" task. I cannot remember the Ron/Chris task you are referring to, but it was definitely not in the AR12 finale.

um yeah it was.
the TAR12 memory task was putting one item from each leg on the platform apskip.

Offline cherry7

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
Siblings Nick and Starr Spangler shared their excitement after they were announced winners of Season 13 of America’s popular reality series “The Amazing Race (TAR).

In an exclusive phone interview with abs-cbnNEWS.com, Nick, 22 and Starr, 21 said that they were proud of each other and happy to win the show’s $1 million grand prize.

“We feel great it was a lot of excitement. There were a lot of works. I think we are just really proud of ourselves and really proud of each other,” actor Nick said.

“We are so excited and we are so excited to share it with our parents. … it was a wonderful experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything,” Starr, a former NFL leader added.

The two who defeated the "Separated Couple" team of Ken and Tina Greene, said that for them the best part of the race was the fact that they were able to explore different countries like India, Russia and Cambodia and experience various cultures.

“The best part was the winning of course, winning so many times in the race. You know Starr and I come from really competitive family so we really enjoying being on top,” Nick added.

For the siblings, they said that they consider that good communication and treating other people nice were the most important things they learned from the race.

“The most important lesson I’ve learned was definitely…what kind of attitude you have with all the different people that I meet because we could really see a different in the way people treated us after we treated them in different ways. So if we were really frustrating and really stressed sometimes we didn't treat people politely as we should but when we treated people politely and kindly then we definitely benefited from it because they were nicer to us,” Nick said.

For Starr, she said that the easiest part of the race was being with his brother since they never fought and just enjoyed what they are doing.

“I would say that the easiest part was getting along with Nick we never fought and everything it was just easy, we worked with one another. The hardest thing was probably the language barrier…the hardest part was just not knowing what's gonna come up and trying to deal with different countries that we don't have idea on how to communicate with them

Still the same

Starr and Nick, who are still living together in New York, said that aside from an increase in their popularity almost everything in their lives remains the same.

“There hasn't change that much. We are still working, we are living together in New York,” Starr said.

“We are excited and we are proud that we won but we are both still doing the same things that we are doing before and we are still the same people,” Nick added.

Nick who makes acting his way of living said that he’s just fortunate that a lot of casting directors in New York are fans of the race and a lot of people were watching his performance for the past 11 weeks. This was the reason, he said, that when he goes to an audition it feels good that a lot of people recognize him unlike before that when he goes to audition nobody has a clue on who he was.

Nick who has not taken a job after his exposure on the race said that he still hopes that he will get good work offers soon.

Starr, who is considered one of beautiful contestants in the race admitted that she would also love to enter the world of showbiz.

“Absolutely I was hoping. I’d been a cheerleader for the NFL for three years… I would surely love to be in entertainment industry whether I’m [on or behind] the camera side I find it fascinating,” Starr added.

Love begins

Aside from her strong relationship with his brother Nick, Starr also started to build a much deeper romantic relationship with co-contestant Dallas Imbimbo.

In the interview, Starr admitted that she’s been going out with Dallas for almost six months.

“Dallas and I have been dating for six months, after the show. It’s so wonderful I’m on the East Coast and he is on the West Coast. The relationship is great,” Starr shared.

She also said she would spend more time with Dallas.

“I plan on returning back to California and spending Christmas with Dallas and my family back there,” she said.

The prize

The two who are very proud to get the $1 million prize said that they will be using the money to invest in real estate and for a down payment for an apartment.

“You know I'm going to probably invest it and not do anything too crazy right now, I will definitely want to save it and very careful. I have a plan on investing it in real estate here in New York,” Starr said.

“I’m looking for an apartment so put a down payment on,” Nick added.

Before the interview ended, the siblings extended their appreciation to all their fans, supporters and viewers of The Amazing Race Season 13.

“Thank you very much for supporting us and I hope that all the viewers can learn and benefit from watching Starr and my relationship on the race.

"The Amazing Race 13" is the 13th season of the adventure-reality television series "The Amazing Race.”

TAR featured 11 teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship, who travelled 30,000 miles across five continents in 23 days. They competed for a US$1 million prize.

The show featured five teams consisting of couples who are married or dating; four teams who are friends; and two teams made up of family members.

The series was part of the fall line-up for 2008-2009 season and premiered in US last September 28.

Filming for "The Amazing Race 13" lasted for 23 days and spanned across several countries including Brazil; Bolivia; Russia; India; Cambodia; Kazakhstan and New Zealand.