Author Topic: Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!  (Read 38957 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »
Winners --Congratulations Nick and Starr!!  :jam: :wtg:  :partie: :party:

Second place -- Congratulations to Tina and Ken as well!  :yourock: :martini: :wine: :cheer:

Third place --Congratulations Dandrew and thanks for the laughs  :gj: :hfive:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:29:52 AM by puddin »

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!  :cmas23 :cmas9

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
I'm not unhappy with the results. I think N/S deserved to win even though K/T had all the good karma on their side. I've got to say that last edit before the finish line made me think K/T had won.

BTW, did you see the previews for million dollar password? was that Phil or was my mind tricking me?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »
It was a good ending...congrats to all the teams..they all made it a great season!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
The teams made this race:

Well done to all teams  :cmas26

Cannot wait for Season Fourteen  :cmas20
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 11:22:37 PM »
Nick/Star were good racers, I'll give them that.  But in my opinion they are a poor representation of for the first blood relative teams to win the race.   I'm just dissapointed overall.  I'm usually happy with the results or just ok.  To tell the truth, I wasn't thrilled with any of the final 3.  Tbat is the first in 13 seasons for me.  I guess I was due!  LOL 

I'm surprised there was no acknowledgement that Toni/Dallas weren't at the final pit stop.  There was plenty of time.  There was at least 4 minutes left of airable time. I expected some sort of acknowledgement like calling them up by cell phone and telling them that Nick/Star won or if not possible at least mentioning it and someone holding up a picture of the two when they did the group clapping and cheering at the final mat.   Total disappointment there was no acknowledgement. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
 :cmas26 It was a thrilling season with interesting, entertaining folks.  :cmas9
I enjoyed it thruout and was rooting for Nick and Starr!  :yess:  :cmas9   :yourock:
:congrats: to all Top 3 teams! :wtg:

:xmas49 I also really liked the Toni/Dallas Mom/Son team and regret they couldn't be there for the finale.  :cmas11 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:05 AM »
I have to say I enjoyed this season and the siblings were a big reason for that. And Nick is certainly one nice guy.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 05:59:45 AM »
Congradulations to Nick and Starr!!!!! :cmas26   :jam:    :jumpy:    And thanks to ALL the other teams for making it an interesting season!!!!!

I'm surprised there was no acknowledgement that Toni/Dallas weren't at the final pit stop.  There was plenty of time.  There was at least 4 minutes left of airable time. I expected some sort of acknowledgement like calling them up by cell phone and telling them that Nick/Star won or if not possible at least mentioning it and someone holding up a picture of the two when they did the group clapping and cheering at the final mat.   Total disappointment there was no acknowledgement. 

Well, I did like the "missing team" formation. I thought that was kewl.

It would have been pretty tough to call them on a cell phone, since Toni/Dallas were on trans-atlantic flights approx  4-5 hours behind the final 3. At least they were not like the Guidos and Dave/Jeff. They were not 24 hours behind at the finish. They got to Portland in time for the wrap party after the finish. Who would have made the picture? The production crew in Portland was busy getting the eliminated teams to Portland and setting up for the finishing activities. I just don't believe there was time, since this had never happened before, it truly was an unanticipated contingency. I guess they could have put up a little story board at the end before the credits, telling us that T/D made it home or done some hokey post production filming. It will be interesting to find out if WRP left a production asst with T/D or whether they were just on their own when everyone left Moscow on that early flight. In their interviews last week, Toni sort of hinted that if the passport wasnt at the Consulate, she would have had to leave Dallas there to work it out by himself. I doubt she would have done that, but she didnt sound to sure about it. She was commenting on how much time she had left on her Russian visa compared to the filming crew. Anyway, there were lucky in retrieving it at the Consulate and getting to Portland before all the festivities were done.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:08:06 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline huntermcmillian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 06:01:01 AM »
Congratulations to Nick & Star! I was rooting for you! WOOHOO!

Also, congratulations to Ken and Tina as well as Dan and Andrew!!!

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 06:24:45 AM »
You may not have always your had best moments and weren't exactly my #1 favorite team, but all the same, CONGRATULATIONS! In the end, you two truly were the best left, and you did give it your all when it came down to it. Again, congrats, Nick & Starr.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:39 AM »
BOOOOOOOO to Nick & Starr. The better ending would have been a Ken & Tina win.

Ever since I started watching in Season 10, none of my favorite teams has EVER won!! :cmas13

They always finish 2nd or 4th. In this season, they were 4th. But I still think that Ken & Tina were better than you know who! :cmas31:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline CanadaGoose

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:32 AM »
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Nick and Starr. I love the dynamics between them, especially Nick's "Tell me to slow down if I'm going too fast" rather than berating her for not keeping up. They knew each other's strengths and weaknesses, but were always able to work together. They were the only team to never arrive last at the pit stop, and they deserved the win. 

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 08:50:45 AM »
Congratulations to Nick and Starr for winning the race, but also congrats on breaking Colin and Christy's record of 6 first place finishes. The seventh coming in the final leg!

Nick and Starr, welcome to the Amazing Race hall of fame!

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

Congrats to Nick & Starr!!   My favorite team finally won!!   :jumpy:  :jumpy: :wine: :wine:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:08 AM »
BOOOOOOOO to Nick & Starr. The better ending would have been a Ken & Tina win.

Ever since I started watching in Season 10, none of my favorite teams has EVER won!! :cmas13

They always finish 2nd or 4th. In this season, they were 4th. But I still think that Ken & Tina were better than you know who! :cmas31:

Hooky, you are entitled to your opinion, which I do not share. You have to be careful or you may inherit "the curse of Michael" since his favorite teams never win.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:11:18 PM by apskip »

Offline girlracer265

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 10:38:22 AM »
wtg Nick and Starr  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
first time my fave team have won  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
Nick and Starr on The Early Show --- incase you missed it  :cmas0

The Amazing Race Winners
The Amazing Race million dollar winners Nick and Starr spoke to Harry Smith about their experience on the adventure show.

Watch CBS Videos Online

or >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l9dveW2EY
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:56:26 AM by puddin »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »
The local CBS station cut away for local news and I missed the check presentation..........boohoooo

Offline arcook

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »
Nick/Star were good racers, I'll give them that.  But in my opinion they are a poor representation of for the first blood relative teams to win the race.   I'm just dissapointed overall.  I'm usually happy with the results or just ok.  To tell the truth, I wasn't thrilled with any of the final 3.  Tbat is the first in 13 seasons for me.  I guess I was due!  LOL 

Why were they a poor represantation.  The came to play a game for a million dollars.  I just didn't see anything they did as that bad.  And as far as brother sister duo they were superb.  The obviously have a strong relationship.  Between N&S and T&D it was so nice to see teams that didn't bicker at each other.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »

Missing Man formation??    I had to go back and look at the vidcap. Thanks for pointing that out .   That was nice but kind of lame.  How is the average viewer supposed to notice that.  I knew they weren't going to be there and I didn't even notice that.  I would have preferred Phil to mention it at the matt after the final teams had arrived.  oh well, water under the bridge.  

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 01:09:54 PM »

Missing Man formation??    I had to go back and look at the vidcap. Thanks for pointing that out .   That was nice but kind of lame.  How is the average viewer supposed to notice that.  I knew they weren't going to be there and I didn't even notice that.  I would have preferred Phil to mention it at the matt after the final teams had arrived.  oh well, water under the bridge.  

I am with you. Who knows what they taped at the mat, while they were waiting for Dan and Andrew. They could have done all that you mentioned. All we really know, is that if they did all that stuff, it didn't make the edit. I think, in the end, they wanted the Finish Line mat to be about the 3 teams that raced there. As BVM and Phil said before the season started, there were lots of "Firsts" this season.  Maybe Peach will tell us just long after the Finish, that Toni/Dallas arrived at the party.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »
Thank you puddin for TES video because I forgot to record it!!

And I'd like to add my congratulations to Nick and Starr! :congrats:

They ran an excellent race, played hard, and set new records along the way, and their win is WELL deserved.

They are also absolutely delightful in person, as are their parents and Nick's girlfriend. Both Nick and Starr went out of their way to help all of us to have a great TARcon weekend, and couldn't have been nicer. They (and many of the racers as well)also took the time to answer all of our thousands of questions, for which I am so grateful.

When I recuperate a little from all the festivities, I have loads of pictures and stories to share.

Quickly re Toni and Dallas: They got the passport back the morning of 5/14. They had to wait a little for their production asst to be ready to leave w/ them, as s/he had not been planning to leave until 5/15 (I think?).

I believe Toni said that production was prepared to just send them home, but they begged to be able to join the group and be able say to say their goodbyes. They got a flight but it was almost midnight by the time they joined the group.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
Peach, under questioning by BuddyTV that I believe was posted by Marigold, Toni or Dallas said 10:30pm was their approximate arrival at that party.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »
Another note on Nick and Starr's win:

Will we ever see a team arrive first at the memory task and win?