Archive > The Amazing Race 13 Spoilers/Speculation

Congratulations to the Winners of TAR 13 Nick & Starr!!

<< < (2/11) > >>

anon1akacolby:
Nick/Star were good racers, I'll give them that.  But in my opinion they are a poor representation of for the first blood relative teams to win the race.   I'm just dissapointed overall.  I'm usually happy with the results or just ok.  To tell the truth, I wasn't thrilled with any of the final 3.  Tbat is the first in 13 seasons for me.  I guess I was due!  LOL 

I'm surprised there was no acknowledgement that Toni/Dallas weren't at the final pit stop.  There was plenty of time.  There was at least 4 minutes left of airable time. I expected some sort of acknowledgement like calling them up by cell phone and telling them that Nick/Star won or if not possible at least mentioning it and someone holding up a picture of the two when they did the group clapping and cheering at the final mat.   Total disappointment there was no acknowledgement. 

RudyRules:
 :cmas26 It was a thrilling season with interesting, entertaining folks.  :cmas9
I enjoyed it thruout and was rooting for Nick and Starr!  :yess:  :cmas9   :yourock:
:congrats: to all Top 3 teams! :wtg:

:xmas49 I also really liked the Toni/Dallas Mom/Son team and regret they couldn't be there for the finale.  :cmas11 

TARAsia Fan:
I have to say I enjoyed this season and the siblings were a big reason for that. And Nick is certainly one nice guy.

DrRox:
Congradulations to Nick and Starr!!!!! :cmas26   :jam:    :jumpy:    And thanks to ALL the other teams for making it an interesting season!!!!!

--- Quote from: anon1akacolby on December 07, 2008, 11:22:37 PM --- 

I'm surprised there was no acknowledgement that Toni/Dallas weren't at the final pit stop.  There was plenty of time.  There was at least 4 minutes left of airable time. I expected some sort of acknowledgement like calling them up by cell phone and telling them that Nick/Star won or if not possible at least mentioning it and someone holding up a picture of the two when they did the group clapping and cheering at the final mat.   Total disappointment there was no acknowledgement. 

--- End quote ---

Well, I did like the "missing team" formation. I thought that was kewl.

It would have been pretty tough to call them on a cell phone, since Toni/Dallas were on trans-atlantic flights approx  4-5 hours behind the final 3. At least they were not like the Guidos and Dave/Jeff. They were not 24 hours behind at the finish. They got to Portland in time for the wrap party after the finish. Who would have made the picture? The production crew in Portland was busy getting the eliminated teams to Portland and setting up for the finishing activities. I just don't believe there was time, since this had never happened before, it truly was an unanticipated contingency. I guess they could have put up a little story board at the end before the credits, telling us that T/D made it home or done some hokey post production filming. It will be interesting to find out if WRP left a production asst with T/D or whether they were just on their own when everyone left Moscow on that early flight. In their interviews last week, Toni sort of hinted that if the passport wasnt at the Consulate, she would have had to leave Dallas there to work it out by himself. I doubt she would have done that, but she didnt sound to sure about it. She was commenting on how much time she had left on her Russian visa compared to the filming crew. Anyway, there were lucky in retrieving it at the Consulate and getting to Portland before all the festivities were done.

huntermcmillian:
Congratulations to Nick & Star! I was rooting for you! WOOHOO!

Also, congratulations to Ken and Tina as well as Dan and Andrew!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version