Author Topic: The Biggest Loser Season 7  (Read 139941 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: The Biggest Loser Season 7
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
OMG I cried when Ron was doing the marathon!  I have to say all along he has not been my favorite, but I was really impressed with him finishing that race.  That is incredible.

Who is everyone voting for?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »
I want Mike in the F3....if he is, he will win, and he deserves it!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
It was great to see all of the contestants do the marathon!
It would have been cool to see Mike run though!  I can't wait for next week!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »
The Biggest Loser: Couples Episode Recap "Week 18"

We're finally down to the final four, and the episode opens with a look back at each of the remaining contestants from 17 weeks ago. Wow, what a difference. The contestants embark on their journey at home for 30 days, but will be back for their final weigh-in on campus.

Each player is excited to get home, but the contestants are all nervous about keeping up their new lifestyles in their old surroundings. And what happened to saying goodbye to the trainers and seeing the blow-up, life-size version of themselves that we've been treated to in past seasons?

At home, it's warm welcomes all around and speeches galore. Looking back at Mike is astounding. He was a closet eater who ate fast food in his car, and now he spends his days in the gym. His father Ron feels responsible for his kids' weight and now needs to get his other son Max on track. Helen pulls her old clothes out and starts crying. "I can't believe that I thought this was okay," she says. Tara, meanwhile, gets to see how her mom's new kitchen looks — the reward she won in week 15. Not only did her mom get a kitchen makeover with all new appliances, but it's stocked with Biggest Loser products and Jennie-O everything.

Just as everyone is settling in back at home, a Biggest Loser box arrives at their doorstep. In it is a video of Alison explaining their last — and perhaps toughest — challenge: 26 days from now, they will have to complete a full marathon. But before that, the trainers make at-home visits to their trainees. First, Jillian visits Mike, who admits he's not doing OK. He tells her he is stressed about the marathon, and even Jillian says she's never even competed in a marathon before. Mike wanted to come home and teach Max to get on track, but he knows he needs to focus on himself. So Jillian refocuses his mind and gets him in touch with his power. They go back to the house where Mike says doesn't want to see Max fat anymore. Mike admits it brings up his own pain and suffering, and Jill tells him he needs to feel the depth of that pain before he can come through on the other side.

Next up, Jillian heads to Long Island to surprise Tara. Jillian immediately notices that Tara's room is a disaster, and Tara unravels as she tells Jillian that she's afraid to move back in because she doesn't want her life back. She even opened up a bag of chips in the grocery store after six hours of working out. Jillian tells her that she can't live the rest of her life about pita chips. Tara has gone from overeating to compulsive exercising, and Jillian shows her she needs a balance by working out, and then taking her for a drink to catch up.

Bob goes to Ron's house, where he trains both him and his other son, Max. Afterwards, Bob wants to talk nutrition and tells Ron to go out and get whatever he'd get on weekends. This, of course, is a double cheeseburger, fries and milkshake. Bob cuts the burger to demonstrate exactly how much of it he'd eat to consume the 600 calories he needs, and then he takes him to Subway so that they can get more nutritious food for the same amount.

The last at-home visit is with Jillian and Helen. As soon as she walks in on her and her hubby at breakfast, the waterworks begin. Can we ever get through a scene without Helen crying? Helen and Jillian go back to the house, where Helen is going nuts trying to make Jillian happy, just as she does with the rest of her family. Jill tells her to sit down, have a glass of wine and take a breath. "Oh my God, Jillian I'm so tired," Helen confesses. She's made it so far, and she doesn't want to let anyone down.

Time for the marathon in Malibu. During his training, Mike hurt his hip and now he has to walk the entire 26 miles, according to his doctors. Tara and Helen start off running, and at mile four, they're joined by Tara's friend and Helen's husband Russell. Once Mike and Ron reach mile four, they're joined by Max and one of Ron's friends. But by mile five Ron is in trouble with his knee pain. He wonders if he'll be able to continue. Contestants from seasons past show up as Ali Vincent is there to run with Tara and Michelle is there to encourage Helen. Bernie is with Mike, whose mind is set on the fact that he's not really completing a marathon because he's not running it. But Bernie insists that he needs to give himself credit — that it doesn't matter how he crosses the finish line. Jillian is waiting at mile 25 and Tara is the first one there. Together they run (Jillian put your hair up!), and Tara finishes in 4 hours, 56 minutes. About an hour later, Helen completes the race at 5:48. Mike then finishes at 8:58. Apparently the contestants taped messages to themselves in week one, though I'm sure they never believed they'd come this far.

Only Ron is left, and although he's not looking so good at mile 16, he's sets his mind to finishing. With the help of previous at-home winner Jim and Michelle, Ali, Bernie and Heba, he gets going again. Bob joins at mile 21 and then Max, Helen and Tara do as well. Mike is waiting for his dad at the finish line in tears, and at 13 hours, 16 minutes, Ron & Co. cross the finish line. All four of the finalists receive 10,000 dollars for the charity of their choice.

It's now the final weigh-in, and Ron is up first. He began the competition at 430 pounds and is now down to 279; so, he lost another 10 pounds and 3.46 percent body fat at home. Even Jillian is impressed. Next is Mike, who began at 388 pounds. He loses 10 pounds and 4.46 percent at, bringing his weight to 214. He's certainly not thrilled with this percentage of loss while at home. Helen weighs in next. She started week one at 257 pounds, and after losing another 7 pounds at home, she's down to 147. "Look at what I've done, what I've accomplished here!" she says. Tara started off at 294 pounds and today, she is 159. She lost 10 pounds and 5.92 percent  at home. "I have bigger things to go to now, a life to finally live," she cries. She also has the highest total percentage of weight-loss in the competition and has stayed above the yellow line for every single weigh-in thus far.

So Tara and Helen are definitely finalists, with America deciding if either Ron or Mike will join them. They plead to the camera why they should be chosen, and Ron says his son Michael gave the trip he won to his parents and the groceries reward to Aubrey. Ron says Mike deserves the opportunity to finish the competition, and I couldn't agree more.

Who do you want to join Helen and Tara in the finale? Who is your pick to win the grand prize?

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/biggest-loser/Biggest-Loser-Couples-1005768.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »
'The Biggest Loser' Winner to be Revealed Next Week

click on link below to view video

Next week, "The Biggest Loser" will crown this season's winner of the $250,000 prize. But first, ET has your sneak peek at the final four.

On Tuesday night's episode, Tara Costa and Helen Phillips made it to the finale on the basis of their life-changing weigh-ins. Tara has lost 125 pounds since she first weighed in at the ranch, weighing 294 pounds; while Helen has lost 110, down from 257 pounds.

"I absolutely want to be 'The Biggest Loser' now," Helen says. "I never thought I could come this far. Now that I have, there is no stopping me. I know that everything I have inside of me ... the drive that I have ... all of a sudden I am competitive."

Helen's major competition is Tara, who has the distinction of never having fallen below the yellow line all season. "Eighteen weeks ago, if you had told me I was going to make it to the final four, I don't think I would have believed you," says Tara. "I took it week-by-week. I never wanted to take a week for granted, because being here is just so special. Every week you are here, you learn something new about yourself and you grow as a person."

That said, the father-and-son team of Ron and Mike Morelli won't learn until next week which of them will go on. The decision is up to America. Voting is taking place at nbc.com until 6:50 p.m. PT/9:50 p.m. ET tonight, but Ron made it clear last night that he wants everyone to vote for his son, even though last season, a similar plea backfired.

"My son Michael has worked very hard and he deserves this opportunity," Ron says. "He has been a giver his entire life. He won a couple of prizes. His trip to St. Augustine he has given to my wife and myself, and his [year-long supply of] groceries he gave to Aubrey.

Even though his dad wants more for him, Mike says, "I have accomplished every single thing that I wanted to in this competition. I have lost 174 pounds [The most weight ever lost on the ranch.]. I set out to change my life. I have done that."

Tune in on Tuesday, May 12 at 8 p.m. for the three-hour "The Biggest Loser" finale, when all the contestants return for one final weigh-in, which will also determine who will win the at-home prize of $100,000.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73658/index.html

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2009, 11:47:14 AM »
who do you want to be the biggest loser?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »
OK! Exclusive: Biggest Loser's Joelle

It's an understatement to say that Joelle Gwynn didn't exactly have the easiest time on the Biggest Loser ranch this season. During her six-week stay, she endured confrontations with just about every other contestant, and most notoriously with her trainer, Bob Harper, who often lost his temper in frustation with the 41-year-old.

But for Joelle, looking at herself now — 75 pounds slimmer, with 75 more to go before achieving her goal of losing 150 pounds by October — it was all worth it.

We understand you had some medical complications before arriving at the ranch.
I found out three weeks before I started the show that I was diabetic. I had to go to the emergency room, and they were yelling at me, "You have to fix your life!"

How much did you weigh when you started the show?
I was 309 pounds; a size 28 was tight. I like shopping, but I could no longer even shop at plus-size stores. It was a bad time for me.

What kept you going after you left the ranch?
At the ranch, there's a mantra to believe in yourself, trust the process and change forever. It took me a long time to believe in me. This is proof-positive that it works.

What was a piece of clothing you couldn't wait to get into?
There was an old pair of jeans. I let out this scream of jubilation when those pants were too loose.

What's a typical workout for you?
A lot of cardio. I do intervals on the treadmills. I kickbox and I work out with a trainer. I found a trail around my neighborhood, and I'm starting to get that runner's high. It feels good.

Does Bob know how hard you've been working since you left the show?
About six weeks ago we had to go back to campus for a boot camp. He was really impressed with my growth and I was really pleased to show him that I had improved. He said, "Oh, you look like you have a shape now!"

Are you dating anyone?
There is a gentleman who has been absolutely fantastic and supportive of me from day one. Is there a Biggest Loser finale wedding for me? No! [laughs]

Who do you think is going to win The Biggest Loser this season?
I think it's between Tara and Mike. She's defied odds for a woman, but Mike is strong and determined and has more weight to lose. Whoever wins would be a wonderful example of leadership and what Biggest Loser should be about.

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/14206

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »
Below the Yellow Line with Mike and Ron Morelli of The Biggest Loser Couples

Another season of The Biggest Loser is almost set to crown a new "biggest loser," as the competitive weight-loss field has been narrowed down to four, with the father and son team of Ron and Mike Morelli falling below the yellow line before the season finale of The Biggest Loser Couples. However, the most intense drama leading up to The Biggest Loser finale came when the competitors went home for 30 days but received word that they'd each have to run a full marathon before the final weight-in to prove their newfound physical fitness, a feat that even Jillian Michaels has never attempted.

After running 26 miles, Tara finished first, Helen crossed the line in second place, and Mike in third. But it was Ron who had the toughest time, as his knees and state of cardio health took the punishment that forced him to nearly pull out of the marathon. In the end, Ron picked himself up and walked his way to the finish line to prove to himself that anything is possible.

When the final weigh-in went down after the competitors spend 30 days at home to test their will-power, Tara and Helen held their lost weight above the yellow line while Mike and Ron fell below when the scales revealed they'd only lost 10 pounds each. Now, as The Biggest Loser Couples prepares for its three-hour finale on Tuesday, May 12 at 8pm on NBC, it will be the Biggest Loser fans who will be voting to keep either Mike or Ron in the game for the finale.

The next morning we hopped on the phone to run a conference call marathon with a few outlets to catch up to both Mike and Ron Morelli to get their thoughts on their Biggest Loser progress, running the marathon, integrating back into normal life, and their time at The Biggest Loser ranch.

[The Biggest Loser NBC] THE DEADBOLT: So, Ron, when you were getting close to the marathon finish line, did you have the theme song to Rocky going through your head?

RON MORELLI: [laughs] No, I was just, 'Get me off of this damn sand.' That's all I was thinking. No, I didn't. But maybe I should've, it would've been easier.

THE DEADBOLT: I was actually humming it on my sofa while I was watching you cross the finish line.

RON: [laughs]

THE DEADBOLT: How surprised were you at how hard it was to integrate back into normal life after being on the ranch for so long?

MIKE MORELLI: For me, normal life still hasn't started yet. I mean, we're still working towards [the] finale and that kind of thing. So normal life, for me, is going to be getting back at Michigan State and getting back into school, and that's something I'm really really looking forward to. And I'll let you know how it works out [laughs].

[The Biggest Loser NBC] RON: It was pretty easy for me to slide back into [normal life]. At least as normal as my life usually was. I mean, I'm a city councilman out here in my town, so I needed to get back into those meetings and they're just twice a month. So I got right back into that, and after the meetings we'd all go up to the local bar and just sit and talk about what went on at the meeting and I would just have water, where before I would have a couple of beers. But I still sit down and have the comradery with my friends and the other people on council and the other people in town.

I mean, I come from a small town. We only have 10,000 people here in South Lyon [Michigan] and most of the town knows who I am. So going through town wasn't much different than it normally was. But once this is all over, the thing that is going to change is getting back into my normal life with my wife where we can go out and we can go to the movies and we can go to a restaurant. You know, do the kind of things where the main focus isn't getting to bed early, getting up early, working out, you know - doing all of the stuff and really over working yourself waiting to get to this finale.

THE DEADBOLT: Mike, when you were fighting those food temptations, were you thankful that you gave your groceries away to Aubry?

MIKE: Honestly, yeah, because if I had a year's supply of cereal in my house I would've eaten the entire thing.

THE DEADBOLT: How often do you speak to Bob and Jillian?

RON: I don't speak to Bob much and that's kind of my choice. I know that they're not going to be around every day like they were at the ranch, and I really need to try to focus on how I'm going to handle this past Bob. And I know that for the rest of my life, if I need him, he'll be there. But I need to make sure that I'm able to do it on my own. If I was really running into trouble, I'd call him more. But so far, I'm not. My son Max talks to him a lot, so I kind of talk to Bob through him a little bit. But other than that, I haven't talked to him much.

MIKE: As for me, I really don't talk to Jillian, or anything, or Bob either. Every once in a while, if I see Jillian is on like Rachael Ray, or she was Huckabee, I'll text her and be like, 'Good job on TV.'

THE DEADBOLT: At what point along the way, Mike, did you start to believe, 'I could win this whole thing.'?

MIKE: I think the first time I really did the math on where I was percentage weight-loss wise was when I realized I could really do it. I don't have a specific week. But the more I lost weight and the better I felt, the more I was like, 'Wow, if I don't fall below the yellow line I can get pretty far.' And I've been below once this past week.

THE DEADBOLT: So your biggest hurdle is still Tara?

MIKE: I'm actually more scared of Helen than Tara.

THE DEADBOLT: What's the most important thing you guys took away from the ranch?

RON: The most important thing I took away from the ranch was that if my mind was in the right spot, I really didn't need the ranch. Everything I learned there, I already knew, I just never did it. And what the ranch forced us to do was to do it. If you're going to play the game and stick around, you had to do the work. And it proved to me just by doing the work - you know, eating right and exercising - the weight would come off, and the weight would come off quick. And I could've done that 35 years ago.

MIKE: The greatest thing I took away from the show was that if you stick to a plan, if you just tell yourself you can do this, you'll be able to do it. If you go out and say, 'I'm not going to give up. I'm going to lose weight and I'm going to follow this diet program,' exercise and eating right, the math will work out. You'll lose weight [and] it'll work. Before, I'd try anything. I'd try any number of diets and I yo-yo'd up to 388 lbs, and I was 18. It was really the guidance and the perspective I gained from the ranch that I took away most.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105678/biggest_loser_mike_ron_interview.php

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »
Alison's blog posted on 5/6

Pound for pound

Omg. Last night was such a good ep. We (Bob, Jill and I) hosted an event with Feeding America to honor the Pound for Pound challenge. Celebrate its accomplishments and encourage people to become aware of such an amazing organization. The pfpchallenge has generated over 3 million pounds of groceries for people at risk of hunger. And over 180,000 people pledged. Really amazing.

We screened the episode at the event, and it was so incredible to witness so many people standing around the screens, moved and inspired by what Tara, Helen, Ron and Mike accomplished. I received so many tweets last night about it too. Ron had a lot of you in tears... And certainly we all felt that way, walking that last mile with Ron. All the previous contestants participating - cheering on all four of them was so awesome. Seeing everyone walking in with Ron, shows just how special Biggest Loser is and what a family it is. Heba and Bernie and Jim...
Ali, Michelle... It's so overwhelming when you think about how many lives have been changed for the better... Forever. And listening to Ron last night really spoke to me, seeing Max again, seeing him struggle...
Jillian reaching out to Mikey, bob training Max...that final weigh-in, Tara and Helen's triumph, Mike and Ron speaking to America ... There were so many moments that were truly the best of what Biggest Loser is all about. I was so proud of that episode.
So... Who are you voting for? Are you SO excited for the finale next week? I am!! Can't wait to see everyone.

Alison Sweeney

Pardon my typos, this was sent from my Sprint BlackBerry

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/the_biggest_loser/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
Alison Sweeney Takes Her Role as Fitness Host Even Farther

Alison Sweeney may already be known as the devious Sami on Days of Our Lives, but these days she's taking her other job as host of NBC's The Biggest Loser one step further by challenging herself to new fitness goals with EA SPORTS Active for Wii. New mom Sweeney opened up to TVGuide.com about how The Biggest Loser has had an epic season, how the contestants have inspired her to lose the baby weight quickly and what advice she has for other busy moms trying to stay fit.

TVGuide.com: You're a busy woman these days. Tell me about the EA SPORTS Active product you're working with?
Alison Sweeney: It's fantastic because it's not just the workout — it's a whole journal that you do so you really get a sense of the entire health picture. It's a trainer in a box and the nice thing about the workout is that it's interactive, so it makes sure you're challenging yourself and trying to be as fit as you can. I'm trying to get back into shape after my pregnancy so it works for me, and then it also has a lighter intensity for someone who's brand-new and has never done a workout a day in their life. So it really offers something for everyone.

TVGuide.com: I have a Wii, but I always say, "If I'm going to work out, I may as well go to the gym." Do you ever have that problem?
Sweeney: With this, it keeps you on track. They're not trying to say it replaces a trip to the gym. I still do my spin class, I still do running on the treadmill when I can, [but] I don't have to go out to the gym at 9 o'clock at night anymore. If I'm exhausted after work, I can just do this, get a good fitness half-hour, burning some calories and getting some muscle tone, and then the whole day isn't shot.

TVGuide.com: Could this be featured on the next season of The Biggest Loser?
Sweeney: It won't be, but it definitely has the potential. It could really be incorporated into so many people's lives, especially the people that want The Biggest Loser as guidance.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of The Biggest Loser, how has this season been different from previous ones?
Sweeney: We call it the biggest season ever, but it's true on so many levels. It's the longest season we've ever had. We brought in the biggest contestant, male and female, the oldest, the youngest. We brought in the most amazing people. Kristin is a great example of someone [who] got to the ranch, not just for herself, but for everyone sitting at home on their sofa watching the show. Every week she'd get up on that scale, whether she succeeded or failed, and know that people are looking at her, and she wanted to reach out through that TV screen and help them and tell them you can do this yourself.

TVGuide.com: Has the show inspired you in your own life?
Sweeney: People ask me why I was so committed to losing weight after Megan was born and why I wanted to do it quickly. I felt that I owed it to the contestants, to every person that stood on that scale next to me and given it everything they had all week long to get there. I owed it to them to show them I honored what they did and how brave they are and I wanted to be a part of that.

TVGuide.com: Do you have a favorite to win?
Sweeney: I love Tara; I admire her. She's so competitive like me and I admire that drive. I mean, she was like the Tiger Woods of Biggest Loser. She came from behind so many times to win those challenges and to prove she could do it and make sure she stayed in that game.

TVGuide.com: Have you started filming the next season yet?
Sweeney: We start on Thursday. We don't mess around.

TVGuide.com: So do you have any advice for a busy mom like yourself to stay fit?
Sweeney: The No.1 thing I would say to them is that you are worth it. You're a role model now, so spending time on yourself to get healthy, spending time to go to the gym, is actually the best gift you can give your kids. And then a little more practical would be to cook home more often and to pack snacks with you. The first step you can take to cut out unwanted calories is to make sure you know what you're eating and putting it in the food yourself.

The Biggest Loser: Couples finale airs on Tuesday at 8 pm/ET on NBC.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alison-Sweeney-Fitness-1005966.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »
'The Biggest Loser''s Ron & Mike Gear Up for the Finale

When "The Biggest Loser" finale begins tonight, the father-and-son team of Ron and Mike Morelli, the last team on the ranch with both of its members, will find out which one of them will compete against Tara Costa and Helen Phillips for the $250,000 grand prize.

Last week, despite impressive 10-pound weight losses each, the guys were pushed below the yellow line by the two remaining women in the competition. That means that Ron and Mike's future is being decided by America, who voted on which of the two would get to move on.

"I'm okay with the fact that at least one of us is there," Ron says. "I mean we're both going to be standing there on that same stage. But Mike and I are pretty competitive with each other, and I wouldn't want to be up against him in the top three."

To determine which one of the final three is "The Biggest Loser," there will be one more weigh-in. The person who has lost the biggest percentage of their body weight gets the title and the money.

"I think the first time I really did the math on where I was percentage weight-loss wise was when I realized that I could really do it," says Mike, who reveals that he is more afraid of Helen than Tara. "The more I lost weight and the better I felt, the more I was thinking, 'Wow, if I don't fall below the yellow line I could get pretty far.' And I've only been below once and that was this past week."

Ron, on the other hand, knows that he doesn't have a chance against the final three because their percentages of weight loss are so much greater than he has been able to reach. But even for the at-home competition, which awards a prize of $100,000, he acknowledges that he only has a slim shot.

"I don't have it locked by any stretch of the imagination," he says. "For me, maybe there is a possibility there, but no possibility on the other side."

That said, both men have focused these past few weeks on the finale, rather than returning to a normal life.

"I'm pretty confident," Mike says. "I have to remain confident, because if I let myself slip down, I'll freak out and start to cry. I'm working as hard as I possibly can; I'm going to outwork everybody and, you know, if I do, then, hopefully, no one will beat me."

"The Biggest Loser" finale airs tonight at 8 p.m. on NBC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73785/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »
The Biggest Loser: Couples Episode Recap: "Finale"

No other show on TV has as a rewarding finale as The Biggest Loser, and this season did not disappoint. Who did America choose to join Helen and Tara in the final three? Not just yet people, this is a three-hour show!

We take our first look back at this season's journey that began with 22 contestants hoping to change their lives. At first there was struggle, but once the cheesy music started playing we got to see how far they've come. After 179 days, it's now down to Helen, our 48-year-old mom, Tara, our former model, and father-and-son team Ron and Mike, who at 18 was the youngest to ever step foot on the ranch.

So let's see our Brown team: Mike pops out first and I literally shouted an expletive at my television. That boy looks gooood. Did his father do as well? Not too shabby for a man that has tried every diet and weight-loss method out there. And America chose...Mike. Yay! He certainly deserves it.

But Mike and Ron weren't the only two battling it out tonight. We also meet Erinn, a senior at Ohio State, and Amanda, 19, from New Jersey, who are fighting for the final spot on next season's Biggest Loser. And to get a taste of life on the ranch, they're immediately whisked away to a gym where they'll start training with Bob and Jillian. Those producers don't mess around.

So let's see the eliminated contestants: First to appear are Jerry and Estella, who are certainly unrecognizable after their transformation, and engaged couple Damien and Nicole, also looking fab. But before we can weigh them in, Alison tells us about the Pound-for-Pound challenge that NBC has waged in the war against hunger. For every pound lost, a pound of groceries will be delivered to a food bank. So far America has pledged over 2,926,027 pounds. Well done!

THE WEIGH-INS
Time for the first round of weigh-ins:  Estella started the game at 242 pounds and has lost 83 to bring her to a 34 percent weight loss. Her husband Jerry (I'm still in shock over his transformation), started as the oldest contestant at 63 and 369 pounds. He's now lost 177, 47.97 percent. Next up is Damien of the Red team. He started at 381 and has lost 136 pounds, 35.7 percent. His fiancée Nicole, crying on the scale, started at 269 pounds and has now lost 123, 45.72 percent, and will be getting married in a size eight wedding dress.

The next wave brings out Silver Bullets Joelle and Carla and fan favorites Sione and Filipe. Oh, how I missed my boys! Joelle and Carla are certainly more civil and the Tongan cousins show us their native dance one more time. Gotta love those facial expressions. Sione steps on the scale. He began the competition at 372 pounds and lost 146 pounds, 39.25 percent. Still not enough to beat Jerry, who's in the lead. His cousin Filipe weighs in next. 364 pounds in week one, today he's lost 135 pounds, 37.09 percent. Silver is next. Carla began as the heaviest woman on campus weighing in at 379 pounds. Today she's lost 128 pounds, 33.77 percent. Her partner Joelle, on the other hand, only loses 80 (from 309), but exclaims, "That's mine!" Her 25.89 percentage lost ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Cousins Blaine and Dane and sisters Mandi and Aubrey are revealed next. Blaine and Dane have completed a marathon and Blaine now wants to be an Ironman. He steps on the scale first. He began his journey and 365 pounds and has lost 116 pounds, 31.78 percent. Jerry is still unstoppable! Dane was a whopping 412 pounds and with his 154-pound weight loss, he's down 37.38 percent. At 263 pounds in week one, Mandi has now lost 92 pounds, 34.98 percent. Her sister Aubrey started at 249 and has lost 55 pounds, 22.09 percent.

Heading toward the home stretch, mother-daughter team Cathy and Kristin enter the stage, followed by friends David and Daniel. Cathy looks fab in her eggplant dress and Kristin is sporting quite the short, platinum blonde 'do. And she's even had her own magazine cover (Life & Style). Meanwhile, Ali tells Daniel he's still got a long road ahead, but looking back at him from week one, he's come quite a long way. Cathy is up first. She started the competition at 292 and today has lost 95 pounds, 32.42 percent. Her daughter (another fan favorite), Kristin, first weighed in at 360 pounds. She's lost 167 pounds, 46.39 percent. The Orange team is up next. David was 393 pounds at the start, and has lost 43 pounds, 10.94 percent. Daniel, who was the heaviest person on the ranch at 454 pounds, has lost 142 pounds, 31.28 percent.

THE AT-HOME PRIZE
Three more people weigh in for the at-home prize. Out walks Laura and Shannon, both looking absolutely stunning, followed by Ron. Laura steps on the scale. The former model started out at 285 and has now lost 86 pounds, 30.18 percent. Pink team member Shannon was 283 pounds, and has lost 92 pounds, 32.51 percent. And weighing in last is Ron. Can he pull off the biggest number? In week one he was 430 pounds and after losing 192 pounds, it's still not enough to clinch the prize. Jerry, now 64, (Remember: He passed out after only an hour on campus, and ultimately lasted only two full weeks there), has won the $150,000. Way to go, Jerry!

Time to take a look at our final three and as Jillian points out, they're "not just making a television show" but are "part of something that is magical." Mike has truly changed from a boy to man and having gone through this journey at 18, admits he has his entire life ahead of him.

Helen, meanwhile is an inspiration. The hot mama arrives on stage in her hot-pink team color. Looking at the video of her crossing the marathon finish line makes you believe anything is possible.

And then there's Tara. In 18 straight weeks, she never once fell below the yellow line.  Remember seeing her cry at 294 pounds and saying, "I'm gonna change"? Did she ever.

Before the three finalists weigh in, it's time to see who America chose to be on the next season...and that person is 19-year-old Amanda. I was secretly hoping they'd say, "You're both on the show." She better start packing because shooting starts Thursday.

THE CHAMPION
After two long hours and 50 inspirational minutes, it's time for the final three contestants to weigh in. Helen is up first. She began the show at 257 pounds. Today she is 117 pounds, has lost 140 and 54.47 percent. That's right, she's less than half her original size.

Mike goes next. He started weighing in at 388. He is now 181, after losing 207 pounds, or 53.35 percent. Also an impressive number.

Last to weigh in is powerhouse and front-runner Tara, who started The Biggest Loser at 294 pounds. She's down to 139 pounds, with a 155-pound weight-loss.

Despite their impressive numbers, neither can beat Helen's numbers — and America has a new champ!

Yet, regardless of who won, that entire cast of contestants should feel nothing but proud. And not for nothing, let's hear it for another Team Jillian win and another female Biggest Loser. What do you think of this year's winner?

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/biggest-loser/Biggest-Loser-Finale-1006014.aspx

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »
I'm really proud of all the contestants    :jumpy:      They all have accomplished
so much.  Winner.......Helen............I thought she lost a little too much.  I'm not
sure how tall she is but I was thinking maybe put back on around 10 pounds.
JMO

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
Eye of the Winning Biggest Loser Tiger with Champ Helen Phillips

When it comes to losing weight and transforming your life, is it the eye of the tiger or the thrill of the fight that keeps you going to victory? Fans of The Biggest Loser couldn't have asked for a better nail-biting three-hour season finale of The Biggest Loser Couples on May 12 when all of the competitors returned to give loyal TV weight watchers season ending updates, reveals, and a number of weight-loss surprises. When the finale began, father and son team, Ron and Mike Morelli, waited as fans voted Mike into the final round as one of the three season ending Biggest Loser competitors alongside former model, Tara Costa, and self proclaimed 48-year old "domestic engineer", Helen Phillips.

Although Mike and Tara proved to be stiff competition when all three stepped on to The Biggest Loser scales for a final time, it was Helen who began rising to the challenge of her rivals and walked away with the Biggest Loser crown to become the winner of the second outing of The Biggest Loser Couples. However, prior to Helen claiming victory, the night was filled with at-home reveals and transformations from the season eliminees who all won their own individual weight-loss battles. Although it was Mike, Tara and Helen in the official final weigh-in, one of the biggest surprises of the night came when 64-year old retired engineer, Jerry Hayes, walked on to The Biggest Loser stage a new man after losing a whopping 177 pounds and over 47% over his body weight to win the $100,000 at home prize. With Helen losing over 54% body weight and Jerry looking like a movie star from the Golden Age of Hollywood, The Biggest Loser Couples finale proved that age doesn't matter when it comes to transforming your body and leading a healthy lifestyle.

The very next morning we hopped on the phone scales to join a conference call with the winner of The Biggest Loser Couples, Helen Phillips, to ask a couple of quick questions and to find out when she started to believe a Biggest Loser victory was a tangible reality, what it felt like to beat out competitors half her age, and how it feels to be a weight-loss celebrity after winning The Biggest Loser Couples.

And now with the championship title of The Biggest Loser Couples in her curvy back-pocket, hanging tough, staying hungry, turning passion into glory, Helen is watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger.

THE DEADBOLT: At what point did you seriously start to think you could win this thing?

HELEN PHILLIPS: When I was at home and I knew I was working out so hard. I was dedicating six hours a day to my workouts and I wasn’t getting tired anymore. I was so dedicated and focused to this ... And I looked at my trainers and they looked at me, and they said, "You are remarkable." I was actually working them out at the end. [Laughs]

My trainers couldn’t keep up with me and these are big football coaches, it was hilarious. I was laughing and I’d look at them while we were working out, and I’m like, "I’m gonna win this thing." And they would just look at me, and they’re like, "We know." We would just laugh. I don’t know, I knew it was going to happen for me. I just knew it because I didn’t think anybody was working as hard as me. But I don’t know, I didn’t expect to get as low as I did. It just happened for me and my body responded well to everything that I was putting it through.

THE DEADBOLT: I’ll admit I was a little surprised myself.

HELEN: Were you?

THE DEADBOLT: Yeah, honestly, I really thought Mike was going to win the whole thing.

HELEN: Yeah, I think a lot of people thought Mike was going to take it.

THE DEADBOLT: Well, speaking of Mike, how much of an ego boost was it to take the title away from these kids half your age?

HELEN: I know, and that even makes me feel better, because - You know what I think? Being 48 and going through everything I went through just makes me a stronger person now. I have a second chance at life now and it feels good to be able to say that, you know? It feels good to say I’m 48 and I’m stronger than a 24 and an 18 year old. Well, I don’t know if I’m stronger than them, maybe that’s not the right thing to say, because - You know what? Mike and Tara certainly worked hard. I know they did and they look fantastic and I couldn’t be happier for their weight loss. But it does feel good, let me tell you [laughs].

THE DEADBOLT: What’s it like being a celebrity now?

HELEN: I guess I don’t feel like a celebrity, you know? I mean, I still feel like Helen, and what I want to do is just get the message out to a lot of middle-aged women, mothers and fathers as well out there. This is a possibility for everyone. If I can go through this and do this and accomplish this, so can they. They don’t need to settle because they’re middle-aged. You know, get on a diet, a nutritional plan, go to the gym workout and start. Do it with your family, make it a family affair.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105692/biggest_loser_helen_interview.php

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2009, 04:13:37 PM »
Congrats go out to Helen! I would have placed her in third. She did a fine job. Tara and Mike were tough to beat.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #315 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »
That was a great season of biggest loser!  I can't believe that the contestants did a marathon!  Congratulations to the F3 and especially Helen!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:30 PM »
'The Biggest Loser''s Helen Phillips' Got Milk!

This year's "The Biggest Loser: Couples" winner was 48-year-old Helen Phillips, a retired retail manager from Sterling Heights, MI.

Helen's journey took her from 257 pounds down to 117 pounds, for a total weight loss of 140 pounds. Now she strikes a pose for the "Got Milk" campaign, saying:

"When every calorie counts you have to make smart choices, like drinking fat free milk. It is a nutrient powerhouse. Packed with nine essential nutrients, including protein, milk helps build muscle and fuels my workouts. Now the loser wins."

Along her journey, Helen declared she doesn't ever want to go back to the way she used to live. Toward that end, she and her daughter Shanon plan on opening a spin studio in metropolitan Detroit.

"I think I was very surprised by some of the foods that I was not aware of," she adds. "I never really ate some of the different types of foods that were introduced to me."

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74296/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »
Exclusive Biggest Loser Weight Loss Secrets with the "New" Jerry Hayes

At the outset of the second edition of The Biggest Loser Couples, retired Illinois engineer, Jerry Hayes, tipped the scales at 369 pounds before being eliminated in only the second week of competition. A Biggest Loser competitor that was suffering from a variety of ailments due to his inactive and unhealthy lifestyle, including gout, diabetes, and Plantaritis among others, 63-year old Jerry Hayes was on a one way track to the danger zone of life. After fainting in the weight-room and unable to adapt to The Biggest Loser regiment at "The Ranch," the prognosis for Jerry living a future as a healthy man looked grim. With his loving wife of 42 years, Estella, also eliminated from The Biggest Loser, Jerry had a near impossible road ahead of him to transform himself into a healthy winner at home while the other remaining competitors battled it out on the scales of The Biggest Loser to become the last and lighter Biggest Loser standing.

18 weeks later when the competitors returned for the live season finale of The Biggest Loser Couples that saw self-proclaimed "domestic engineer" Helen Phillips walk away the winner, Jerry Hayes stepped on to The Biggest Loser finale stage to reveal his "at home" progress. In what turned out to be a weight-loss transformation that almost trumped and overshadowed this year's winner, Jerry walked onto the stage a completely new, disease free, and barely recognizable man in one of the most amazing weight-loss reveals in Biggest Loser history.

When Jerry stepped onto the scales for one final time to take a crack at winning the $100,000 "at home" prize, the once 369 pound 63-year old (now 64) almost single handedly stole the spotlight from everyone by losing a whopping 177 pounds and over 47% of his original body weight. And when it was all said and done after all previous Biggest Loser ranchers weighed in one last time, it was Jerry who rightfully walked away with $100,000 in his pocket to share with his family. And if one amazing weight loss transformation wasn't enough in one family, Jerry's wife Estalla looked fantastic after losing 83 pounds and 34% of her original body weight.

We were so impressed (and still blown away) by the "at home" transformation of Jerry Hayes that we tracked down the new and improved Hayes 48 hours after The Biggest Loser Couples finale for an exclusive, one-on-one chat to find out how Jerry managed to completely transform his life in such a short amount of time, whether he was ever hesitant to continue his journey, how he overcame the mental mountain he had to climb, and exactly how he lost an amazing, almost unheard of, 177 pounds while at home.

At 64-years of age, now under 200 pounds and looking years younger than when he walked into The Biggest Loser Couples competition, Jerry Hayes is inspirational proof that a better life is indeed possible for anyone struggling to find an entry point into a healthier lifestyle.

THE DEADBOLT: When you were still on the show and you passed out in the gym, did you have any second thoughts about taking this journey?

JERRY: After I passed out there was an element that was never televised. I actually hurt my foot, too. Both my feet. I got huge blisters on them because I was not able to go to the gym. I was walking outside and I had plantaritis on my foot. I had orthotics in my shoes that they had me take out (not at the ranch), but my doctor did, the insole of my shoe. I was walking on my shoe, right on the base, and I got this huge blister. So I had a lot of problems with that. And if you watch the videos you can see I was walking on them real gingerly. So when I got home, I had problems with that. It took me about 5 weeks to get that solved.

But, you know, they gave us enough bases and we knew we had to do it, so we exercised. Dr. H, from the show, the doctors laid out a program that said we should exercise 2.5 hours a day, cardio and weight training and so forth, to build our muscles. And that’s what we followed, we got a trainer that followed that with us and we never missed a day of exercise. I shouldn’t say that, I missed two days because I had cataract surgery done on both eyes. But beyond that I never missed a day. Stella had sinus surgery and it took five days to clear that up, that was it. And we never missed on the food either. We never went off the diet.

THE DEADBOLT: Most of the competitors have said it’s just as much a mental challenge as it is physical. How did you find that aspect of your journey to lose weight?

JERRY: It’s probably more mental than physical. In our case, it was really mind over body. My mind was telling me, “You can’t do this. You’re too old. My body can’t take it. My metabolism’s slow." If you watch the videos, when I was leaving the ranch I said it was going to take me much longer. I won’t lose as fast because my metabolism is going to be slow, because you lose 10% a year. I meant 10% every decade and saying I was wrong. I was completely wrong. It was the limiting in my mind limiting me and not my body.

Throughout this whole process, Stella and I had not had a joint problem. We haven’t been laid up at all by our bodies. I was very slow in walking. It turns out that once I got with a trainer it started becoming obvious to her that I had a balance problem. My right side on my legs, the muscles weren’t aligned right and they started working on that and I started getting my balance. And you can’t believe how great I got, just walking! I doubled my speed in about a month. And it was really the fact that my mind was saying I can’t, and my balance was off, and I keep real fast because I’ll fall over. Once I got the balance corrected – my leg – I did a lot of exercise, which I didn’t understand because I was thinking, "How’s that going to do to help me lose weight?" I know now! That’s a long explanation but it is mind over body.

THE DEADBOLT: For those out there in their sixties that say they are too old or don’t think they can do it, what do you say to them?

JERRY: Oh, no! You can do it! Anybody can do it, you’ve just got to start moving. The more you move, like in my case, the faster you go, and you've got to move. There are a lot of people at the sports center we’re at that are in their seventies and eighties. There’s a lady that’s in her eighties who can run faster than I do right now.

THE DEADBOLT: Wow! That's fantastic.

JERRY: You know, it’s just a matter of doing it and keeping it a part of your life. Yeah, you can do this, this is not impossible. Do you do it as fast as we do? No. This was a crazy pace that we were on, but we were time limited. Can you lose 5 to 6 pounds a week? Yes, you can. But normally I don’t think you can. 2 to 3 pounds per week? Yeah, you can. Build your body and your muscles at the same time.

THE DEADBOLT: I spoke to you when you were eliminated, so I've been wondering how exactly did you lose 177 pounds? I’m sure it wasn’t just yogurt and egg whites?

JERRY: [laughs] No, no it was first of all, always doing my cardio. But it was building muscles in my body to burn fat. I was very weak. I didn’t have very many muscles left because of laying around for 25 to 30 years. I needed to get the muscles built up. And I’m not talking about weight-building muscles, I’m talking about muscles to increase your metabolism. Your metabolism then will burn fat as you just rest. And so I had to get in the weight training, which I did. I started three days a week then went to five, but kept changing muscles. That’s number one. The more important one, believe it or not, is the food with the diet. Making sure that you’re eating the right food - multigrains, very wholesome, low-fat meats like chicken and turkey and pork tenderloin. And read the labels, and so forth.

They put us in a "bod pod" to tell us how many calories to eat. In my case it was 1767, Stella’s was 1270, and it was a minimum number because you have to have enough calories for fuel. If you have less, your body will shut down and not allow the fat to leave, because it goes into starvation mode. So we tried to hit that, and at first I didn’t quite understand that. I used to try to hit that within 10 calories a day and we recorded everything we ate. We had a “body bug”. You wear it on your left arm and it records what you burn and has all kinds of censors and you download it in the computer and you upload everything you eat. And I read the labels and made sure we were getting the right calories.

That’s, I think, one of the advantages we had over the younger guys. They were exercising harder and longer than we were, but I don’t know if they were as religious about tracking their food. Another advantage is that we did it together, a married couple. We've been together for 42 years. And if I didn’t go, I was afraid she wouldn’t go. That's not to say say she wouldn’t go, but I had to go for her and she had to go for me. We went separately, we didn’t exercise together, and we didn’t make a competition.

THE DEADBOLT: Do you have any plans for the money?

JERRY: Oh, yeah! But not until I won it. It was found money. It was nothing to do with what we were doing here. I never dreamed we’d win money and never went after the money. Until recently, well, okay. The plans is to splurge! This was found money. So what we’re going to do is give some to our church. We’re going to give some of it to our great state of California, because, well, they're taking it from me, and then I’m probably going to buy Stella a car and then we’re going to have a big family vacation. I’ve already asked the kids to start looking and it’s the place they want to go and take our family.

I call this found money. I never counted on it. I never entered this thing for money. This was for a life change. I was heading for a bad end toward disability and everything like that. I never dreamed I could be here. You know how we got involved in this? We went up to open call thinking they’d never take us. Why would they take us? We’re too old. I had blood pressure problems. I had diabetes. I had joint problems. I had gout. By the way, my gout’s gone, too. I had bone spurs with the bottom of my feet with the plantaritis. That’s gone and they can’t find the diabetes. Of course I've still got it, but they can’t find it. And my blood pressure medicine is gone after 42 years.

THE DEADBOLT: You’re a completely different person.

JERRY: Oh, yeah. Do I feel good? You better believe it. Especially right now because right at the end it got very wearing. But now we got our "life change". Now instead of exercising 3.5 hours a day, I’m going to go down to 90 minutes. We eat more. Dr. Zinger wants me to gain weight to go up! Isn’t that kind of weird? Now I have to gain weight! It’s lean muscles. I have to lift heavier weights to get more muscles. I've got armpits! I didn’t know what armpits were. It sounds strange, but all this stuff was new to me.

I have to watch when I sit down on a wooden chair now because it hurts my rear end. It’s great! Tell everybody, "Go for it!" You’re never too old to do this. Let’s get the message out.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105698/biggest_loser_jerry_hayes_interview.php

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »
Jillian said on her blog (can't find the link ATM) that Daniel of the orange team from season 7 is back on season 8.