Author Topic: The Biggest Loser Season 7  (Read 140081 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Biggest Loser Season 7
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »
Lots of Diversity!! Love it
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline sprice0611

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 08:09:37 AM »
Hi...and thanks for the warm welcome!  I do know Cathy and Kristin, it happens to be my mother and my sister.  The little I know about this season it should be great!  I've talked with my mom and she said everyone on the ranch is so nice and totally deserves to be there....although she couldn't go into too much detail.  I can't wait to watch though! :xmas49

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 08:34:11 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, sprice! :waves:

We are glad you are here, and look forward to your insights!

This looks to be an emotional season, so here's wishing them all much success!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
Hi...and thanks for the warm welcome!  I do know Cathy and Kristin, it happens to be my mother and my sister.  The little I know about this season it should be great!  I've talked with my mom and she said everyone on the ranch is so nice and totally deserves to be there....although she couldn't go into too much detail.  I can't wait to watch though! :xmas49

:cmas9 Oh my that's wonderful news!!

We will certainly help cheer them on thanks for sharing that will us

:hearts: GO TEAM PURPLE!! :hearts:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 04:57:14 PM »
WOW A CLOSE LINK !
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »

The Biggest Loser Season 7

Premieres Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on NBC

Episode 1

CONTESTANTS FIND OUT ABOUT SHOCKING NEW TWIST IN MUST-SEE SEASON PREMIERE

It's the biggest season ever on "The Biggest Loser" when trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels train 11 couples who begin the show with a combined weight of more than 3.5 tons. It's also a season of firsts for the show, with the series' oldest players yet (63-year-old grandparents), youngest male contestant (18), heaviest female contestant (379 lbs.) and heaviest contestant ever in the history of the show (454 lbs.). Teams of two - including mother/daughter, father/son, sisters, best friends, grandparents, cousins, an engaged couple and former models - all come together hoping to transform their bodies, their health, and ultimately, their lives. In the season premiere, one contestant has a health scare and all the players are in for a shock when host Alison Sweeney surprises them with this season's big twist at the weigh-in.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »
An interesting article:

Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels dish about 'The Biggest Loser: Couples'

To many, Bob Harper is seen as The Biggest Loser's level-headed trainer who rarely loses his cool with his contestants.

However, according to Harper himself, that reputation may change after the second edition of The Biggest Loser: Couples, which premieres Tuesday, January 6 at 8PM ET/PT on NBC.

"Let me tell you, I actually just saw this episode and this one girl tested me to - tested me more than I've ever been tested on the show," Harper told Reality TV World in a recent media conference call. "I mean you're going to see me on this show have a nervous breakdown on this girl. I watch and it was like, 'Is that me? Did I do that? Was I yelling that much?' It was definitely a challenge, man, let me tell you."

"You're going to see me at my wits end this season. You're going to see me just... [Jillian Michaels] always likes to joke about me because I always make this comment about, 'It's not about the push-up, it's about changing your life," Harper added later to reporters. "But sometimes, you know what, it's just a push-up. Just do it and quit thinking about it so much. That's the point - I just kind of got to that point."

Harper was joined on the call by fellow trainer Jillian Michaels and The Biggest Loser: Couples producer Mark Koops, who both also had their own challenges and anecdotes regarding the show's record-setting cast, which includes the show's two oldest players ever, its youngest male contestant ever, its heaviest female contestant ever, and the heaviest contestant in the show's history.

Koops told Reality TV World that the show had gone to such a length to include so many different types of people in the show in an attempt to inspire each of the show audience's different demographics that it was possible to change their lives if they wanted to.

"I think that's what hopefully the show is about: inspiring different communities. Whether that be people who are, like, 'Oh, I'm retired. I can't do it. It's too late,' or, 'I'm too young. I don't need to worry about it now,' or 'My culture says it's okay,'" Koops told Reality TV World. "I think we're looking to try and inspire every aspect of American society that it's not too late to make a change.

Harper said that the inclusion of two teenage contestants -- Mike Morelli, an 18-year-old student from South Lyon, MI who arrived at the ranch weighing 385 pounds, and Daniel Wright, a 19-year-old student from Willow Spring, NC who arrived at 454 pounds -- were also evidence of the increase of teenage obesity in America.

"It just shows you that we are living in an epidemic, and we at [The Biggest Loser] really want to put a light on this situation and try to do our part in helping that community of people," Harper told reporters. "There's a young generation out there that really does need our help and I think that the inspiration that we give to adults we really want to focus on kids in that way, or teenagers in that way, in this season."

Both Harper and Michaels told reporters that the show's diverse cast had also presented a new set of challenges for them as they attempted to get their contestants into a regular workout regimen. While Michaels admitted that she hadn't had much trouble with some of her heavier, but younger contestants, she told reporters that working with her older contestants had been more difficult.

"I think where I have run into some snags are with the contestants who are significantly older, and their body is showing true wear and tear of abuse - you know, 63, 66 years of abuse," Michaels told reporters. "That's really when you're in trouble and that's when you've got oxygen masks on the treadmill and limitations with regard to duration of exercising. It's very, very difficult to train those older contestants."

"You'll see one contestant on Season 7 that is 54-years-old, 430 pounds, and this is a man that had his stomach stapled, had his jaws wired shut, and... he's been living in a war zone and his body really shows it," Harper added.

However, Harper said that despite the challenges that the contestants had faced upon arriving at The Biggest Loser ranch and immediately going from "zero to 100 miles an hour" for their workouts, the results had "inspired" everyone on the show.

"What you really see, and which I love so much about our show, is triumphs of the spirit," Harper told Reality TV World. "These people overcome the obstacle of carrying all this weight. They're going to push themselves to new limits. And I mean, some of the stuff that they weren't even aware that they were able to do - just inspired us all."

Koops added that viewers have to look no further than this fall's The Biggest Loser: Families season to see how contestants could overcome unlikely odds and drop their excess weight.

"I think the results we saw on [The Biggest Loser: Families finale], from people like [Jerry Skeabeck] who is 50-years-old [shows] there is no excuse. You can make a change today if you make the right choices. And I think, Bob and Jillian... are laying out the roadmap for all of America of how to make the right choices on a day-and-day level to really, you know, affect change, and I think the inspiration they provide is something that they should be incredibly proud of."

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bob-harper-jillian-michaels-dish-about-the-biggest-loser-couples-8191.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 11:14:04 PM »
 :cmas9 The Biggest Loser Season 7 site finally has the contestant bio's up

Jillian’s Team ( Has 5 Teams )

Black Team Dane and Blaine Cousins

White Team Jerry and Estella Grandparents

Orange Team Daniel and David Best Friends

Green Team Laura and Tara Former Plus Models

Yellow Team Mandy and Aubrey Sisters

Bob’s Team ( Has 6 Teams )
Purple Team Kristin and Cathy Mother and Daughter  :hearts:

Blue Team Filipe and Sione Cousins

Grey Team Carla and Joellle Best Friends

Pink Team Helen and Shannon Mother and Daughter

Brown Team Mike and Ron Father and Son

Red Team Nicole and Damien Engaged

Link to the site: http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:17:21 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »

Biggest Loser 7 Contestants New Years Resolutions

Here's a small introduction into half of the teams from the upcoming season of Biggest Loser.

We asked them all what their new years resolutions are and here's what we got...

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »

The Biggest Loser Season 7

Episode 2

January 13, 2009

BOB FREAKS OUT WHEN ONE CONTESTANT DOESN'T GIVE IT HER ALL -- This week, the contestants are faced with a temptation that will cause each of them to examine the real reason they've come to the ranch. Then it's off to an outdoor challenge where they'll race by sea kayak and then on foot to the top of a mountain, hoping to win immunity as well as a coveted phone call home. Later, one contestant pushes trainer Bob Harper to the limit, causing him to freak out during last chance workouts before a surprising weigh in leads to a heartbreaking elimination.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
From Variety:

"The Biggest Loser": Chewing the fat

“The Biggest Loser” co-creator/executive producer Mark Koops will answer 20 reader questions here at Season Pass. Get your questions in soon if you want to be included.

Most folks’ New Year’s resolutions will include one or more of the following: Lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier. If you’ve ever watched “Biggest Loser,” you know that adhering to those principles can do wonders for your health and appearance.

We just finished watching the lovely Michelle take the crown last season by losing 110 pounds. The next season, which starts Tuesday, features couples — parents and children, cousins, friends, siblings, marrieds and an engaged couple. It will include the heaviest-ever contestant and the oldest contestant to date.

Your questions for Mark can include anything about past seasons, the upcoming season, casting, challenges, contestants, etc.

Here are the rules:
1) Hit the comment button below and ask your question. We’re aiming to get the questions to Mark by Friday, Jan. 2.
2) You may ask more than one question but we are looking for quality, not quantity. Asking more will not guarantee that you'll get an answer. In the spirit of fairness, we try to give plenty of folks a chance.
3) Read through the other comments to make sure you’re not repeating something that’s already been asked.
4) The person who asks the question Mark likes best will win a prize, to be determined later.

Link: http://weblogs.variety.com/season_pass/2008/12/the-biggest-los.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »
A preview article from the new TV guide I got in the mail today....

Trainers Bob and Jillian get their biggest challenge, when The Biggest Loser: Couples introduces its heaviest contestants to date, including a 379-pound woman and a 454-pound man. Only 13 of the 22 who arrive at the ranch survive the first week. And one ends up in the hospital. Still, says executive producer Dave Broome, "it's the most inspirational group we've ever had. There's a goodness, a genuineness and a relatability to this cast." There's also a new twist: After 30 days, some of the ousted dieters will have a chance to return to the show "to prove to us, to themselves and to the world that you can do it on your own."

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »

:hearts: Coleen Skeabeck Joins DietsInReview

After competing on Biggest Loser season 6, Coleen Skeabeck joins DietsInReview.com as the newest Biggest Loser correspondent.

You can see her each week in the DietsInReview.com Diet Blog giving episodic recaps of the newest season, Biggest Loser 7.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 07:27:52 PM »

Biggest Loser 7 - Episode 1 - Behind The Scenes

You asked for more and we're giving it to you,

all season long we'll be set up to bring you a behind the scenes look at Season 7 of The Biggest Loser.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 05:25:44 AM »

THE BIGGEST LOSER Season 7

Episode 3

01/20/2009 (08:00PM - 10:00PM)

This week kicks off with a temptation that host Alison Sweeney tells the contestants will allow one player to reunite with their teammate at home and bring their trainer with them. But the reunion doesn't go exactly as planned when fireworks erupt between the two teammates after one player accuses the other of not doing all she can to stay on the ranch. Meanwhile the contestants check in with Dr. Huizenga to see how far they've come – and how many medications they no longer need from the first three weeks of weight loss. Then a wild jump rope-like challenge results in immunity at this week's weigh in for the winner, followed by a surprising elimination that sends another contestant packing.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 05:31:22 AM »

BIGGEST LOSER A WINNING FORMULA FOR JILLIAN

Jillian Michaels is one of the world's most recognizable fitness trainers thanks to her work on the NBC series The Biggest Loser

The name of the reality series, though catchy, might not be fitting however, as the contestants on the program all take a huge

shot at changing their lives Michaels talks about why she continues to be a part of The Biggest Loser.

(the show, The Biggest Loser: Couples premieres Tuesday night with a 2-hour episode)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 05:56:08 AM »
An interesting article:

The oldest losers

When Estella and Jerry Hayes, both 63, retired from their respective careers as nurse and engineer in 2000 and moved back to Wheaton from California to be close to their children and grandchildren, they didn't envision spending their golden years severely overweight and out of breath.

Yet Jerry has had myriad health problems related to his weight of 369 pounds and Estella, who weighs 242, has found herself short of breath just climbing the stairs

Like many who struggle with the scale, both tried diet and exercise with little impact. Jerry even took the drastic step of hiring a dietitian earlier this year, but after two months, had little to show for it.

"I didn't lose one pound," he says.

They both realized they needed to do something drastic. So, when Jerry suggested they audition for "The Biggest Loser" even though the show has never had any contestants in their 60s, she agreed.

"Jerry doesn't ask for very many things, so when he asked me to do this I told him 'Sure, I'm with you,' " she says.

In addition to featuring the oldest couple to ever compete, the reality show's seventh season, which premieres Tuesday at 7 p.m. on WMAQ-Channel 5, features a number of firsts including the heaviest female contestant (379 pounds), the heaviest male contestant (454 pounds), and the youngest male contestant (age 18 and tipping the scales at 388).

"I look at [the Hayeses] and I'm just thinking, 'Oh, man. Do they even know what they've gotten themselves into?' " says Bob Harper, one of the show's two personal trainers, in the premiere episode.

He gets no argument from Estella.

"It's a different experience to watch the show and be on it," she says. "I didn't realize going in how little muscles I had. I had not done that much, sitting there taking care of my grandkids. I really have to work at building muscle."

The time they've spent on the show thus far has been revealing.

"My mind limits me more than my body does," Jerry says. "I didn't realize how strong or capable I was. The trainers will take you where your body can go."

While many children of parents the Hayeses' age might be concerned with their parents competing on such a physically strenuous show, not so with the Hayeses' three daughters.

"Our youngest daughter is the one who told us [about the auditions]," Jerry says.

Estella hopes to lose 70 pounds, and Jerry, 160.

Jillian Michaels, the show's other trainer, says the couple may end up being the most inspirational of all the contestants this season.

"If they can do it, anyone can do it," she says.

Home viewers aren't the only ones the couple will inspire. Estella was shocked at the support they've received from fellow contestants in the competition.

"We didn't sign up to be inspirational, but we got that feedback from other contestants," she says. "Most of them would like their parents and grandparents to get off the couch and be active."

Link to the article: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/1361628,CST-FTR-loser05.article

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »

NEW SEASON OF NBC'S HIT WEIGHT LOSS SERIES – "THE BIGGEST LOSER: COUPLES" – PREMIERES JANUARY 6 WITH OLDEST, YOUNGEST AND HEAVIEST CONTESTANTS EVER, PLUS A SHOCKING NEW TWIST!

NBC Press Release

And "The Biggest Loser" Partners With General Mills and Feeding America On "Pound For Pound Challenge" Encouraging Viewers To Lose Weight While Helping To Feed Those Less Fortunate In Their Communities!

NBC's hit weight loss series returns with its biggest season yet when "The Biggest Loser: Couples" premieres Tuesday, January 6 (8-10 p.m. ET). Alison Sweeney ("Days of our Lives") hosts and trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels return to train 11 couples who begin the show with a combined weight of more than 3.5 tons.

The premiere kicks off with the contestants arriving at the ranch in teams of two, including mother/daughter, father/son, sisters, best friends, grandparents, cousins, an engaged couple and former models. Included among them are the series' oldest players yet (63-year-old grandparents), youngest male contestant (18), heaviest female contestant (379 lbs.) and heaviest contestant ever in the history of the show (454 lbs.).

First, they head to the gym to try working out on their own – unaware that Bob and Jillian are watching them via hidden camera, ready to surprise them and start picking their teams. After teams are chosen and they get settled in, the couples are off to compete in their first challenge for a prize that will prove to be very valuable. Also in the premiere episode, one contestant has an eye-opening health scare, and all the players are in for a shock when Alison Sweeney surprises them at the weigh-in with this season's big twist, sure to have dramatic consequences for almost everyone.

In conjunction with the new season premiere, "The Biggest Loser" is partnering with General Mills and Feeding America to launch the Pound For Pound challenge, an initiative that encourages Americans to lose weight and feed the hungry. For every pound viewers pledge to lose this new year, a pound of groceries will be delivered to a local food bank. The Pound for Pound Challenge gives Americans the opportunity to fight the hunger crisis and help families in their own communities by simply pledging to lose weight and getting healthy. People can visit www.PFPChallenge.com or www.biggestloser.com and enter their weight loss goals to join in. The challenge will be integrated into the show and viewers will get updates throughout the seventh season.

Americans can also donate directly at www.PFPChallenge.com and look for Pound For Pound lids and seals on specially-marked General Mills products. For each lid or seal mailed in, General Mills will donate 10 cents, enough to provide a pound of groceries, to Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief charity.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 04:20:18 PM »
I find this very interesting Only 13 of the 22 who arrive at the ranch survive the first week   That means one team goes down to 1 as this is an odd number.  I also wonder, do they quit?  is that why we have so many not making it after the first week?

And welcome to the board.  I hope your mom and sister do well on the show and that it has made a big difference to them and you.  I hope you stick around during the season with us.

Offline gillward

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
I guarantee no one quits on Season 7.   I think it's some weird challenge or one of the never-ending wrinkles they have on the program.  The two guys Polynesian guys look like the life of the show this year.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »
From tvguide:

The Biggest Loser: Couples Trainer Weighs in on New Season

The Biggest Loser: Couples is back for Round 2, and this time it's bigger than ever. The seventh season, premiering Tuesday at 8pm EST, features the largest contestant to date, as well as both the youngest and oldest competitors ever to compete.  With 18-year-old Mikey at 385 pounds and Dan, who is 454 pounds at 19, trainer Bob Harper said the show will direct some attention at the youth weight problem in this country. "There's a young generation out there that really does need our help and we want to focus on teenagers in that way, in this season," he said.

While competing for a cash prize of $250,000 is a motivator, the 11 teams comprised of pairs with some relation to each other, are really fighting for their lives back. Executive Producer Mark Koops said that "Jerry and Estelle, the oldest couple we've had, [are] just incredible. Grandparents who are looking to get healthy for their grandkids as they've now retired." Both are 63.

And there may already be a fan favorite in the making. "We have a pair of Tongan cousins who everybody's going to fall in love with. In their community to be overweight is almost a badge of pride and they're trying to break a whole cultural myth that being overweight is good," Koops said.

Of course you can expect a little bit of drama, even between the contestants and the trainers. As Harper said, "One girl tested me more than I've ever been tested on the show. You're going to see me have a nervous breakdown on this girl. I watch [the episode] and it was like, 'Is that me? Did I do that? Was I yelling that much?' It was definitely a challenge let me tell you."

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Biggest-Loser-Couples-1001270.aspx

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »
Who's watching?  :jumpy:

I'm behind as usual (thank goodness for TiVO!!) but looking good so far...

Jerry (?) just hit the floor.... they really shouldn't try to kill them off in the first ep!  :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »
OH NO!!! The twist SUCKS!  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
i think there might be a catch peach