Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 243321 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 06:25:28 PM »
An interesting article:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gushes About New Fiancée

Getting engaged on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas was a perfect way to end 2008, Dancing with the Stars pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff tell PEOPLE in its new issue.

"I'm in love and so is she," Chmerkovskiy gushes in PEOPLE's exclusive interview. "Everything is beautiful."

Equally praising of her husband-to-be, Smirnoff says, "He is such a softie. The way he proposed was so romantic."

As they rang in 2009, Chmerkovskiy presented Smirnoff with a three-karat Harry Winston platinum and diamond engagement ring tucked inside of a Louis Vuitton bag.

New Love

The pros confess that while they've known each other for years as competitive ballroom dancers, it was only four months ago that they decided to explore a romantic relationship. They chose not to acknowledge their relationship to the press until their engagement.

But still, their love was clear to Staples Center audience members at the Dec. 27 Dancing tour show in Los Angeles.

"You could see it, the way he caressed her cheek and whispered in her ear and kissed her on the forehead in between dances," says fan Heather O'Connell. "There was such a tender connection between the two of them, the way they looked at each other and smiled all night. It was lovely. That they have that passion on and off the dance floor is awesome."

Awesome, indeed, Chmerkovskiy coos. "Somebody is looking out for me because everything is beautiful and I love it," he says.

The pair are both expected to return to Dancing for its eighth season, which kicks off March 9 on ABC.

Link: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20250615,00.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »
DWTS wins:

People’s Choice Awards Winner for Favorite Competition / Reality Show

Dancing With The Stars

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

DWTS should reveal their cast of pro dancers and stars soon  :)

I did come across one "rumor" that Chelsie Hightower from Season 4 of SYTYCD will be added as a pro dancer

I am surprised that there are no leaks as of yet

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

Maks & Karina Discuss Their Engagement

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
Hopefully Soon  :jam:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »

Julianne Hough is in February's issue in Seventeen Magazine:

17 Girls Who Rock

Tell us a little bit about your sound — how you would describe it?
Country with a soulful feel. The last album was bright and happy and I hope the next will be more edgy.

Describe your onstage style.
A little bit country and a little rock-and-roll. Something soft with something hard. I like contrast.

What's your favorite song on the album? What makes you love it so much?
"Hide Your Matches." The melody and lyrics are amazing. Its one of the most mature tracks on the record and throughout the year I’ve matured so much I can relate to it better.

Do you have any pre-performance rituals or lucky items that you always wear to perform?
I warm my voice up. And I love hot tamales and tea. I also love to wear rings on my right hand.

Who are other female artists you love — the girls you'd put on your own rock hot list?
Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, Pink, Stevie Nicks, and Linda Ronstadt.

Link to the article: http://www.seventeen.com/fun-stuff/special/julianne-hough-download

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »

E News with Maks & Karina Engagement

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
 :res:  Oh brother ... an interesting article:

KEVIN FEDERLINE - FEDERLINE TO DANCE WITH THE STARS?

KEVIN FEDERLINE is considering a return to his dancing roots - after TV bosses reportedly tapped him to appear on hit U.S. show DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Federline met ex-wife Britney Spears when he began working for the star as a back-up dancer before their 2004 engagement.
According to U.S. tabloid Star, Federline has entered talks with TV executives to appear on the ballroom dance show's next season, beginning in March (09).

The 30-year-old, who has danced alongside Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Gwen Stefani among others, has piled on the pounds in recent months - fuelling speculation he'll sign the TV deal in a bid to get his dancer's body back.
A source tells the magazine, "His career isn't exactly where he wants it to be. Kevin wants to get back into shape and welcomes anyone who can help him."

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/federline%20to%20dance%20with%20the%20stars_1092542

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
.... more rumors an interesting article:

Report: 'Dancing with the Stars' interested in 'View' co-host Sherri Shepherd

Sherri Shepard's Dancing with the Stars interest is apparently mutual.

The comedian and The View co-host -- who has repeatedly gushed about her interest in participating on Dancing with the Stars when the show has been discussed on the ABC daytime talk show -- has reportedly finally caught the interest of Dancing with the Stars' producers, who are interested in having her participate in its upcoming eighth season, In Touch Weekly reported Wednesday.

Shepard recently reiterated her love of the ABC ballroom dancing competition and desire to participate in it while participating in a New York Times interview panel with her fellow The View co-hosts on January 8 in New York City.

"I'd love to do that show -- I am such a fan!" Shepard told In Touch during the panel. "Oh, my goodness! I am so in love with [Maksim Chmerkovskiy], but he's engaged! And Tony Dovolani's married! I mean, they're all freakin' taken! I just want to get a [paso doble] with somebody on that show!"

ABC is expected to announce the identities of the celebrities and professional dancers who will be participating in Dancing with the Stars' eighth season in February.  Dancing with the Stars' eighth season will premiere with a two-hour performance episode on Monday, March 9 at 8PM ET/PT.

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-dancing-with-stars-interested-in-view-co-host-sherri-shepherd-8315.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
An interesting article and interview with Edyta:

She's still dancing with those stars

Edyta Sliwinska is the only professional hoofer who has appeared on all seven seasons of ABC's popular reality series "Dancing With the Stars." The Poland native, who resides in Los Angeles, has yet to win a season. The ballroom dancer, who has been honing her craft since she was 11, has tripped the light fantastic with actor Joey Lawrence, boxer Evander Holyfield and football star Jason Taylor, among others.

Sliwinska will showcase her footwork when she and her "Dancing With the Stars" peers perform Wednesday at the RBC Center in Raleigh. The leggy entertainer reveals which of her partners possesses the most dancing talent, which celebrity she would most like to cut a rug with, and how she almost knocked comic Jeffrey Ross' eye out while working on a routine.

Q: Do you think you'll ever win one of these seasons? It's not up to me. It depends on who I get to dance with. Is that person a great dancer? Is that person likable enough for people to vote for him? But if I get a bad partner, there's nothing I can do about it. But it's not about winning. I would love to win, but I just love to perform.

Q: Even your husband, Alec Mazo, won while dancing with Kelly Monaco during the show's first season. Were you upset or happy for him? I was really happy for him. When my husband wins, I win.

Q: Were any of your partners great dancers? Joey Lawrence was a great dancer. He had a little experience. He knew how to move. He has a great sense of rhythm, and he's coordinated.

Q: So was he your most talented partner? I think my most talented partner was Jason Taylor since he came in without any dance experience. He has just played football. Jason didn't even dance at his wedding. He improved every week, which is the sign of having real talent. He's tall but very coordinated. Pro dancers are seldom larger than 6-foot-2, and Jason is about 6-foot-6.

Q: How tall are you? Five feet, 6 inches.

Q: Who was the funniest guy you danced with? George Hamilton. He's an older guy. He's known for his comedy. He was making me laugh all of the time. He has incredible energy and a great sense of humor.

Q: You also danced with comic Jeffrey Ross, and you almost impaled his eye. How did you do that? It's true. We were rehearsing one day, and I just poked him in the eye. I have no idea what happened. I injured his left eye, and he was really hurting. It was very difficult for him to dance that day. I think I swung my arm in the wrong direction. They showed the clip over and over, and I felt so sorry for him. I don't want to hurt my partner. It was so bizarre.

Q: If you could dance with any celebrity, who would you pick? I know it's not realistic, but if you want me to pick anyone it would be Johnny Depp. He has an amazing personality, and he molds himself into any character he plays. Just watching him in movies, the way he moves, I think he would be a great dancer.

Q: Do you prefer dancing on the show or on tour? There is a lot less stress on the tour. You're not judged. There is no competition. You go on the road and perform before thousands of people, and you just have fun. There is no mental stress. You don't have to teach your partner new dances. You just dance and hang out in places in America I would normally not go to. It's great seeing so much of this country. I love the tour, but I also enjoy the show.

Q: Will you be back next season? We don't know who will be back for next season yet. We'll find out in a week or two. The new season starts March 9. I hope I'll be there because I've love doing 'Dancing With the Stars.'

Q: It's a great gig for a ballroom dancer. You can't have a higher profile or make more money dancing elsewhere. This has been an incredible opportunity. Ballroom dancing is such a small, limited world. I get to dance in front of a huge audience. We're the most popular show with the exception of 'American Idol.' I couldn't be in a better situation.

Link to the article: http://www.newsobserver.com/105/story/1378790.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 03:18:23 AM »
One celebrity confirmed to be on DWTS

DONNY OSMOND

read it here

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20255212,00.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
From etonline.com

Follow up on Donny Osmond....

Rumors have been swirling about Donny Osmond appearing as a contestant on the next season of "Dancing With The Stars," and now ET has the latest from the man himself.

Donny tells ET: "I did 'The Bonnie Hunt Show' today and I alluded to the fact that I am considering doing 'Dancing With the Stars.' After all I can't let Marie upstage me, however, there is no official offer yet."

According to People.com, Donny let slip during a taping of "The Bonnie Hunt Show" that he is considering following in the footsteps of sister Marie on the hit ABC show.

Donny and Marie's appearance on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" is scheduled to air Tuesday.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »

:lol: Donny can't keep a secret is he in Season 8 or Season 9 who knows

.... incase you missed it

Link: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqUwKrAJ7g

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

Another rumor floating around is Misty May-Treanor might be returning this season.

It's said that her injury has healed and is wanting to return.

I would love to see her back  :sucks

And Julianne Hough is rumored to be sitting this season out and will be on tour instead

I can't wait for the cast to be revealed  :wohoo:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »
An interesting article:

Appiphilia: iPhone apps can help your dancing feat

You're at a wedding. Dinner has just ended, and the music starts. But instead of tempting you, the rhythm taunts you. Your feet are twitching, not tapping. Dancing doesn't move you because, well, you've got no moves. As Shakira says, the hips don't lie.

Sound familiar? The Ballroom Dance Channel wants to convince you that you can phone it in on the dance floor -- by whipping out your iPhone for some lessons. The Web channel's new series of apps takes you step by step through different dance styles: waltz, salsa, rumba and samba, to start.

A basic lesson for each of these American-style ballroom dances costs 99 cents. "The first stage is learning the steps," said Tony Dovolani of "Dancing With the Stars," who is one of the instructors online and on your iPhone. (Other celebrity dance instructors include Elena Grinenko, Nick Kosovich and Lena Kosovich.)  "The reason I chose the specific moves is they are the ABCs of dance."

Speaking of ABCs, Dovolani would like to add another R to readin', writin' and 'rithmatic -- rhythm. He hopes that "ballroom [will] exist in every school system." To that end, BDC will soon be waltzing its way into a school near us: About 235 students of Kenter Canyon Charter Elementary School in Los Angeles will learn the basics of ballroom dancing starting Feb. 10, Principal Terry Moren said. The details are still being finalized, but BDC lessons are to be integrated into the school's extensive creative arts programs, among orchestra, vocal music and visual arts.

"The element I felt very strongly was missing was dance," Moren said. "Our real goal is not to create the next champion for 'Dancing With the Stars' or 'American Idol' -- if that happens, great." Instead, he said, it's more about teaching character and connections within academic lessons.

"I know what dancing has done for me. It saved my life," said Dovolani, a Kosovo immigrant. "It was my escape."

And these days, who doesn't need a cheap little escape?

Link to the article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/01/iphone-dance-le.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
... so it could be Season 9???

Donny Osmond Eyes DWTS for Fall, Not Spring

Not so fast, Donny Osmond is now saying about his jumping into line on Dancing with the Stars.

“I’m definitely not doing this upcoming season,” the former teen idol, 51, tells Entertainment Tonight. “If there was an offer on the table, I’d do it in the fall. I would make room for it. Absolutely!”

Goaded by his sister Marie when the two appeared on The Bonnie Hunt Show earlier this week, Donnie “let the cat out of the bag” by saying he’d gladly follow her lead and join the ABC competition.

Only now, Osmond is saying he’s too busy to be part of DWTS this spring.

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/01/28/donny-osmond-eyes-dwts-for-fall-not-spring/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »

ABC PRESS RELEASE

NEXT WEEK ON THE VIEW

ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE RICHARD JENKINS, "SLUMDOG MILLIONARE" STAR DEV PATEL, ACADEMY AWARD WINNER CUBA GOODING JR., PAULA DEEN, JANE SEYMOUR AND FROM ABC'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS," MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, FEB. 2-6 ON "THE VIEW"

Molly Ringwald and Shailene Woodley (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"), Teen Fashions, Teens & Technology, and What All Parents Need to Know, Feb. 6

Academy Award nominee Richard Jenkins, "Slumdog Millionaire" star Dev Patel, Academy Award winner Cuba Gooding Jr., Paula Deen, Jane Seymour, Maksim Chmerkovskiy (ABC's "Dancing with the Stars") and advice columnist Amy Dikenson are featured FEB. 2-6 (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET) on ABC's popular talk show "The View."

THURSDAY, FEB. 5 - Maksim Chmerkovskiy (ABC's "Dancing with the Stars").

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 09:26:26 PM »
The dancing teams will be announced next Sunday night, February 8th. ABC will be name dropping  throughout the regular primetime programming.

I'm excited to see who they are!  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:29:58 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »
From msnbc.com

Kutcher hints that LT will join ‘Dancing’ cast
Lawrence Taylor would be fifth NFLer to join reality competition

TAMPA BAY, Fla. - Avowed Twitter fan Ashton Kutcher may have started his second online commotion of the week on Saturday, hinting that football great Lawrence Taylor could be headed for “Dancing With the Stars.”

“Just met LT, the old school, Lawrence Taylor,” Kutcher wrote on Twitter Saturday night. “Expect to see him in prime time soon. Can’t say where, but he better work on his foot work.”

Taylor wouldn’t be the first football star to put on his “Dancing” shoes –- former defensive end Warren Sapp made a big splash on the show’s seventh season, finishing as runner-up to winner Brooke Burke, and legendary running back Emmitt Smith won Season 3 with partner Cheryl Burke.

Former San Francisco 49er Jerry Rice was runner-up during Season 2, while current Washington Redskins defensive end Jason Taylor earned the same position during Season 6.

The eighth season of “Dancing” debuts in March. Earlier in the week, Ashton caused a stir when he took to his Twitter to complain about –- and later apologize to –- his neighbor after being woken early in the morning by construction work.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
Just saw a commercial while watching my soaps on ABC about the name dropping for DWTS

They will be naming dancers over the course of three hours from 8-11 during the airing of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters this Sunday night.

I will tune in to ABC that night to write down all their names and will post here. Hope I don't forget, LOL!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
i dvr the house wifes and bro and sis's so i will have it to will if u for get let me no .. well i won't have the make over ones though??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:11 PM »
My head will explode if I watch ABC's Sunday lineup so I'm glad you guys are doing it. You all deserve hazard pay. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
happy to do it during hw and b&s will wil u take home make over???  :waves: i will help if u need it ..i will b watching any way....
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:49 AM »

The View with DWTS Maksim Chmerkovskiy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7AEvpJvfsc

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2009, 12:46:51 AM »
OMG, I almost forgot the name dropping happens in less than 48 hours!

Don't worry, I will be glued to ABC for three hours to get all the names!

So excited....can't wait to see who will be DANCIN'!