Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 243332 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »
Dancing With The Stars Season 8

CBS, ABC fill midseason - Networks making plans for spring

ABC and CBS are making plans for spring, finding homes for several more midseason skeins.
ABC is conducting an extreme 10 p.m. makeover after struggling with the timeslot this season. Blame it partly on the rise of DVRs: Studies have shown that viewers watch more of their pre-recorded fare during the 10 p.m. hour, and Alphabet execs believe they’ve been hit hard.

Net will take another stab at the timeslot — still a critical hour for affils, who depend on strong lead-ins for their local newscasts — with newcomers "Castle," "Cupid" and "The Unusuals."

Scheduling moves come following ABC’s decision not to move forward with new episodes of current 10 p.m. inhabitants "Eli Stone" and "Dirty Sexy Money." (Another 10 p.m. entry, "Boston Legal," is finishing its run at the end of fall.)

Meanwhile, the Eye already is looking ahead to summer, scheduling mystery skein "Harper’s Island" to spill over into the postseason,

"Harper’s" will air Thursdays at 10 p.m. starting April 9, after "Eleventh Hour" (which just scored a five-episode extension) ends its run.

Designed to unfold over 13 episodes — with a big reveal at the end — "Harper’s" won’t conclude until July 2.

Eye wasn’t deliberately looking to invoke a summer strategy, however. CBS wanted to give "Eleventh Hour" a little more time to grow. But at the same time, it didn’t want to put "Harper’s Island" on Friday nights, the only other available slot for the show.

The solution was to premiere "Harper’s Island" late in the season, but give it a big push during CBS’ NCAA March Madness coverage. "Harper’s" also will benefit from several original, season-ending "CSI" episodes before it goes out on its own in the warm months.

"Harper’s Island" centers on a group of friends who gather on a secluded island for a wedding — but things soon turn to murder. CBS Paramount Network TV is behind the show, which comes from exec producers Jon Turteltaub and Jeffrey Bell. (Ari Schlossberg created the show.)

Eye also announced that last summer’s crime drama "Flashpoint," which performed decently for the net, has been upgraded to an in-season timeslot. Show will air Fridays at 9 p.m. (in the slot vacated by the canceled "The Ex List") starting Jan. 9.

That will make for a night of mystery and crime — genres that have become CBS’ bread and butter over the past decade.

Also, CBS will preem the reality skein "Game Show in My Head," from Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst shingle, Fox21 and Hat Trick, with back-to-back episodes on Saturdays at 8 p.m. starting Jan. 3.

ABC’s week shapes up this way:

n Mondays, starting March 9, the Alphabet will preem the crime-mystery skein "Castle." Show takes over following the finale of the Ashton Kutcher/Tyra Banks reality skein "True Beauty," which airs there starting in January.

"Castle," from ABC Studios, stars Nathan Fillion as a novelist who discovers that a copycat killer is re-enacting crimes from his books. Andrew Marlowe created and exec produces; Armyan Bernstein, Barry Schindel, Rob Bowman and Laurie Zaks are also exec producers.

n The Tuesday 10 p.m. slot will be filled in the winter with "Primetime: What Would You Do?," which bows Jan. 6. "Primetime" will then make way for the new version of "Cupid," which airs there starting March 24. (Both shows fill the void left by the vacating "Eli Stone.")

Rob Thomas is behind the remake of his 1990s skein "Cupid," this time starring Bobby Cannavale and Sarah Paulson. ABC Studios is the studio; Thomas exec produces with Jennifer Gwartz, Danielle Stokdyk, Dan Etheridge and Diane Ruggerio.

n Wednesdays at 10 p.m. — as previously announced — will be filled by "Life on Mars" beginning in January. But once "Mars" ends its run, ABC is set to preem the cop drama "The Unusuals," which bows there on April 8. "Dirty Sexy Money" had previously occupied that hour.

"The Unusuals" stars Amber Tamblyn as a cop assigned to the homicide division. Noah Hawley created and exec produces, with Robert DeLaurentis and Peter O’Fallon. Sony Pictures TV is the studio.

Both "Castle" and "The Unusuals" have their work cut out for them, going up against crime drama vets "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: NY."

ABC and CBS also announced the midseason returns of their signature reality skeins. CBS unscripted staple "Survivor" is back for an 18th cycle Feb. 12, and "The Amazing Race" bows its 14th edition Feb. 15.

Alphabet’s "Dancing With the Stars" returns Monday, March 9, with a two-hour special, continuing with several more 2-hour segs before reverting to its normal 90-minute size on March 30. The "Dancing" results show comes in on Tuesday, March 17 at 9 p.m.

Link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996691.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »

UPDATE: ABC Sets Premiere Dates For 'Castle,' 'Cupid' and 'The Unusuals'

Season 8 of Dancing With the Stars returns March 9 with a two-hour competition

ABC Tuesday announced premiere dates for three new dramas--Castle, Cupid and The Unusuals.

Castle will air Monday, March 9 at 10:00 p.m., Cupid on Tuesday, March 24 at 10:00 p.m. and The Unusuals on Wednesday, April 8 at 10:00 p.m.

Season 8 of hit Dancing With the Stars returns Monday, March 9 from 8:00-10:00 p.m. The Dancing Results Show airs Tues, March 17th from 9:00-10:00 p.m. There will be two performance shows before the first elimination. The networks says the Monday performance shows will be two hours for the first few weeks, then will start airing as 90 minutes beginning March 30 until the finale.

In addition, ABC News’ Primetime: What Would You Do? will return on Tuesday, January 6 at 10:00 p.m.

Link:   http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6619171.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE 

"DANCING WITH THE STARS" RETURNS FOR SEASON 8 (3/9/09)

ABC'S HIT SERIES "DANCING WITH THE STARS" RETURNS FOR ITS EIGHTH SEQUIN-FILLED SEASON ON MARCH 9, 2009

In a two-hour season premiere sure to dazzle, a new cast of celebrities takes to the dance floor for the eighth season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" on MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2009 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET). As with Season Five, each couple will have the opportunity to perform for two weeks prior to the first elimination, with every couple performing on both March 9th and March 16th (also 8:00-10:02 p.m., ET). "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" debuts TUESDAY, MARCH 17 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET).

The recent victory of Season Seven's host/model Brooke Burke and her partner, Derek Hough, closed the gap not only between the number of female and male celebrity winners, but also between non-athletes and athletes (both three to four, respectively).

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »
 :groan: Oh no it can't be .... an interesting article:

Report claims Paula Abdul will be on Dancing with the Stars 8, despite American Idol 8 overlap

The rumors that Paula Abdul will join the cast of Dancing with the Stars 8 are getting new fuel with an anonymous gossip report today, but it seems about as likely as David Archuleta joining the cast of A Shot of Love. Citing “a source close to Paula,” Radar reports that “Paula is very excited to be on board.”

Paula Abdul has said she was “hypothetically thinking about it” (whatever the hell that means) although now-former executive producer Nigel Lythgoe said then that it wasn’t a good idea, shooting down ongoing rumors.

However, it seems logistically impossible. The two shows are filmed in studios that are right next door to one another, but Dancing airs its live results shows on Tuesday nights at 9, which would be immediately after Idol’s live performance show, and those often stretch into the 9 o’clock hour. Dancing typically starts airing in mid-March, right when Idol starts to pick up and is airing live performance shows.

Unless one show changes it schedule (unlikely), or they’re going to make some kind of special dispensation for Paula and she’ll show up five or 10 minutes late (extremely unlikely), I can’t imagine how this is even remotely true.

Link: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/dancing_with_the_stars_8/2008_Dec_03_paula_rumor

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »
An interview with Julianne:

Interview: Julianne Hough on Music, Marriage & More

Dancing with the Stars sweetie Julianne Hough is looking forward to a country Christmas in Nashville with her family and boyfriend, singer Chuck Wicks. But first she's got some business to take care of. The dancer-turned-country crooner, who braved the frigid weather in New York City to support MasterCard & Home Depot's "Overjoy of Giving" event on Monday, tells Star about her holiday plans.

Are you done with your Christmas shopping?
"I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, I have been so busy! I think I am going to get Chuck luggage since his luggage gets beat up from being on the road. My sister wants the Wii Fit. My brother Derek is the hardest person to shop for. Maybe a gift certificate to a guitar store."

Speaking of Chuck, will there be wedding bells anytime soon?
"I am really happy. That won't be for a while. We are just enjoying our relationship and the many stages of it."

Let's set the record straight: Are you returning to DWTS next season?
"I am not sure if I will do the spring or fall show. I will definitely take a season off to focus on my music. I don't know which season yet because I need to see which fits in best for touring, recording and writing."

It sounds like you have a big soft spot for the show.
"Absolutely! I understand completely my fans love seeing me on the show and I am where I am at thanks to the show. Of course, the people I met are great. I will miss being on it and I will watch from home. But people have to take what they have and go for it. Also, it would be really hard to do two things like this at once.

In addition to your country album, you also have a holiday album out right now. How did you pick the songs?
"These are the songs I listened to while I was home wrapping presents. When they would play I would dance around the kitchen while my dad cooked omelets. The songs are universal, they are not necessarily Christmas with the exception of one."

How are your plans going for your next album?
"I am in the midst of starting some songs now and I haven't written before so that has been a lot of fun. I haven't started recording yet so I don't know when it is coming out. The first album was a learning experience. I can't wait to work on this one. I will be more prepared then I was last time."

Link: http://www.starmagazine.com/idwtsi_julianne_hough_on_music_marriage_more/news/14946

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
An interesting article the second one I came across re: Steve O

Steve-O To Dance With the Stars?

Is embattled Jackass star Steve-O attempting to dance his way into jump starting his career by competing on Dancing With the Stars? "I think it's going to be one of those Jackass pranks," said DWTS dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "Somebody probably dared him, and now he has to do it."

Karina Smirnoff thinks she's likely be paired up with the legend of pranks if he appears on the show, saying "Based on the history of the partners I have gotten, usually I get people who have very strong personalities."

Does that qualify as a compliment or...a subtle jab?

Link: http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/12/tv_news.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »
An interesting article:

Lacey Schwimmer: I'd "Totally" Dance With Steve-O on DWTS

Dancing With the Stars' Lacey Schwimmer says she wouldn't mind doing the Paso Doble with Steve-O.

Asked about rumors that the former Jackass star may appear on the ABC show's eighth season, Schwimmer tells Usmagazine.com, "There's obviously no confirmation. We don't even know until a few days before the show, but it would be awesome if it were true. I would be totally down to dance with him! I'm not kidding."

Even if he did his own stunts?

"I would join in on the stunts! I am totally down for that," she adds. "I am a fan of his movies and everything. I find him really fun and outgoing and silly."

Link:  http://www.usmagazine.com/news/dwts-lacey-schwimmer-id-totally-dance-with-steve-o

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:39:46 PM »

Cheryl Burke plays a dancing nurse on a sitcom

Cheryl Burke makes an appearence on a sitcom as a nurse who dances

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
The above clip from the Life of Zack and Cody is actually a wicked parody of a Dancing with the Stars competition. I highly recommend it for laughs.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
I can't stand those two. I'm sure they'll be drug addicts by age 16. :P
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:37:13 AM »

:lol: awww your mean 

I think they are 16 I know shocker

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 02:44:52 AM »

LOL I forgot to mention every site I go to has an article saying Stevie Wonder on Season 8

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »

:lol: awww your mean 

I think they are 16 I know shocker
Then Hollywood.com needs to go out to see if they're out on a street corner. :cmaslol:

I know, mean.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
Cheryl Burke fans: an interesting article

Cheryl Burke of 'Dancing with the Stars' Joins Forces With Time Life To Create a Brand New Dance Workout, 'DISCO ABS'

Time Life is proud to announce they have teamed up with Cheryl Burke of "Dancing with the Stars" fame to create a brand new fitness program set to dance hits of the '70s, Cheryl Burke presents DISCO ABS.

Cheryl Burke has been dancing since the age of 4 and over the past 20 years has won numerous dance titles around the world. For the past six television seasons, the two-time champion of "Dancing with the Stars" has charmed audiences on America's #1 primetime show with her unique skill, enthusiasm and accessibility.

Cheryl's Secrets Revealed

And now Cheryl Burke and Time Life have created a 3-DVD dance workout that reveals, for the first time ever, her secrets to dancing your way into shape, the same moves she's used to help slim and trim celebrities and everyday Americans alike.

Original Songs by Original Artists

Available exclusively from Time Life, Cheryl Burke Presents DISCO ABS features Cheryl and her one-of-a-kind workout moves set to original hit songs by the original artists, including: "YMCA" by The Village People, "Disco Inferno" by The Tramps, "Boogie Wonderland" by Earth Wind and Fire, "That's The Way I Like It" by KC and The Sunshine Band and more.

"I created Disco Abs so you could have as much fun getting in shape as I do. ' Disco Abs' will change the way people think about exercise!" Cheryl Burke

As Cheryl knows, the way to make an exercise program work is to make it fun. And that's just what she did. Now you can move and groove with Cheryl to some of the greatest hits of the seventies -- while simultaneously shedding unwanted pounds and inches. By combining cardio with target area workouts, DISCO ABS is a complete exercise program.

" When Cheryl brought the idea of sharing her secret dance moves to original disco hits of the 70's, we we're blown away and honored to have a dance champion and award winning music in one DVD series. This is by far our best exercise DVD series ever!" Alan Rubens, Time Life Producer

Available January 29, 2009

Disco ABS will be released January 29th, 2009 via Television and Internet just in time for those New Years resolutions to take hold.

Cheryl Burke Presents DISCO ABS' Workout/Song List

DVD 1 (35 min)
    Workout 1 (30 min): Disco Abs (DVD 1)
    YMCA
    Disco Inferno
    It's Raining Men
    Workout 2 (5 min): That's The Way I Like it Abs (DVD1)
    That's The Way I Like It

DVD 2 (42 min)
    Workout 3 (30 min): I will Survive Cardio (DVD 2)
    I will survive
    Ain't No stopping Us Now
    Shining Star
    Workout 4 (12 min): The Beginner Hustle (DVD 2)
    Dim all the Lights
    The Hustle

DVD 3 (20 min)
    Workout 5 (20min): Boogie Oogie Buns & Thighs (DVD 3)
    Boogie Oogie
    Boogie Wonderland

Link: http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-17-2008/0004943767&EDATE=

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
... more on Cheryle Burke's dvd:

Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs

Cheryl Burke, two-time champion of Dancing with the Stars, reveals her secrets to dancing your way into shape with Disco Abs, a brand new fitness program set to dance hits of the '70s. This exclusive 3-DVD offer features the original hit songs by the original artists, including: "YMCA" by the Village People, "Disco Inferno" by the The Tramps, "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, and many more. That's a total of 5 workouts on 3 DVDs PLUS an eating guide and workout calendar.

"I created Disco Abs so you could have as much fun getting in shape as I do. 'Disco Abs' will change the way people think about exercise!" -Cheryl Burke

Link: http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=102001&sourcekey=Y91GOLMDAB

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 01:42:18 AM »

Julianne Hough on Rachael Ray Show December 24, 2008

Julianne Hough Returns!

The sexy singer/dancer talks about her uncertain future on Dancing with the Stars, and shares one of her favorite holiday recipes.

Link:  http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/julianne-hough-2/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »

Derek Hough and Mark Ballas Band aka Ballas Hough Band

Friday, December 19, 2008 

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

We wanted to put out a blanket Blog answering several questions that we get all the time so we don't have to keep repeating the answers:

Q) "I don't see my city on your tour. Will you be going to more cities?"

A)- YES. UNFORTUNATELY, THE DATES POSTED ARE THE ONLY ONES WE ARE DOING ON THIS CURRENT TOUR. DWTS SEASON 8 STARTS IN EARLY FEBRUARY AND WE NEED TO GET BACK TO LA TO START REHEARSALS. HOWEVER, IN LATE MAY WE START A HUGE TOUR THAT WILL LITERALLY HIT EVERY MAJOR MARKET ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!! WE SHOULD ANNOUNCE THE NEW DATES SOMETIME THIS WINTER

Q) "I see that you guys are on MySpace a lot. Is it really you, or someone else?"

A) YES!!! WE ALL HAVE THE PASSWORD AND USERNAME FOR OUR PAGE AND WHENEVER WE GET A CHANCE WE GO ON TO TALK TO YOU GUYS, ANSWER E-MAILS, PUT NEWS UP, ETC.. IT IS REALLY US 98% OF THE TIME, WITH THE SMALL EXCEPTION WHEN OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM PUTS SOME POSTINGS UP OR OUR LABEL DOES SOME TWEAKING. SO WHENEVER YOU SEE THE "ONLINE NOW" SYMBAL-SHOOT US A MESSAGE- YOU NEVER KNOW, WE MAY RESPOND RIGHT BACK. WE LOVE TALKING TO ALL OF YOU AND RECEIVING YOUR KIND COMMENTS AND E-MAILS. YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON WE ARE HERE LIVING OUR DREAMS! WE WILL ALWAYS FIND TIME TO TALK TO YOU AND IF YOU SEE US, COME UP AND SAY HELLO. WE WANT TO MEET YOU ALL

Q) "When will your music be available to buy or add?"

A) IN THE NEXT WEEK, WE WILL POST A COUPLE OF SONGS THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR MYSPACE. OUR ALBUM DOES NOT COME OUT UNTIL MARCH 3RD, SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEN TO BUY IT, HOWEVER WE ARE PRETTY SURE OUR LABEL WILL MAKE SINGLES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD PRIOR TO THEN ON ITUNES

Q) "Will you have merch for sale soon?"

A) YES! WE ACTUALLY JUST GOT OUR NEW SHIRTS IN THIS WEEK! WE HAVE ONE FOR SALE ON THE DWTS TOUR AND WE WILL BE SELLING MERCH AT ALL OF OUR BHB SHOWS COMING UP! WE ARE WORKING ON OUR NEW WEBSITE AND WILL HAVE A LINK ON THE SITE SO YOU CAN PURCHASE MERCH

Q) "What is the best way to meet you guys?"

A) COME TO ONE OF OUR SHOWS!! WE WILL BE HANGING ALL NIGHT AND WANT TO MEET YOU ALL. IF YOU COME YOU WILL MEET US!! YOU ARE OUR FIRST FANS AND WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU ALL

Q) "Will you be doing a music video soon?"

A) YES! WE ARE SHOOTING OUR FIRST MUSIC VIDEO IN 3 WEEKS IN CHICAGO WHILE WE ARE ON TOUR. WE ARE SUPER EXCITED

Q) "Is Emily Leaving BHB for the All American Rejects?"

A) NO!! SHE IS JUST HAVING FUN AND SINGING WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE A GREAT BAND AND GREAT GUYS. HER FIRST LOVE AND LOYALTY IS TO BHB. HOWEVER, THIS IS GREAT FOR HER CAREER AND WHENEVER THEY WANT HER AND SHE IS FREE, SHE WILL BE SINGING WITH THEM. SHE IS DOING THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH THEM AGAIN ON JANUARY 12TH. MAKE SURE YOU TUNE IN!!

Q) "Are your shows coming up all ages?"

A) DEPENDS ON THE VENUE, BUT MOST OF THEM ARE ALL AGES. THERE ARE A FEW 21+ SHOWS, BUT WE TRIED OUR BEST TO KEEP THEM ALL AGES SO YOU ALL CAN SEE US

Q) "Are all the songs on the record new? Are they all as Pop sounding as "Do It For You"?"

A) NO. WE KEPT A COUPLE OF THE "OLD" ONES THAT YOU ALL KNOW. THEY INCLUDE BIRTHDAY, FALL AND LA (NOW CALLED TOGETHER FAR AWAY). WE ALSO HAVE SOME VERY SPECIAL ACOUSTIC-DRIVEN SONGS ALA ALMOST AMY THAT MADE YOU ALL FANS. THIS RECORD IS VERY SPECIAL AND TOUCHES ON ALL OF OUR MUSICAL INFLUENCES AND TASTES. IF YOU LIKED OUR OLD MUSIC- YOU WILL LOVE THE RECORD. DON'T JUDGE IT BY THE FIRST SINGLE. WE ARE STILL TRUE TO OURSELVES! THE RECORD LABEL DIDN'T "BOY BAND" US OUT GUYS! WE WERE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT ON THE RECORD AND WE LOVE IT!

Hope this helped you guys. We love you all!

Mark, Derek, Emily, Harry & Sam

Link to the myspace blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=430752057&blogID=457693785

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 01:58:21 AM »

Reminder:

Don't forget to watch The 35th Annual People’s Choice awards are on Wednesday January 7, 2009

Dancing With The Stars has been nominated for FAVORITE COMPETITION / REALITY SHOW

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »

Julianne Hough on BILLBOARD'S BEST OF 2008 lists

Billboard Magazine's year end issue including it's "Best Of 2008" lists was just released.

Check out all of the lists that Julianne Hough made:

Top Billboard 200 Albums - #94 (JULIANNE HOUGH)

Top New Country Artists - #3

Top Country Artists-Female - #10

Top Country Album - #30

Link: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/index.jsp

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »

Rachael Ray chats with Julianne Hough Part 1

Part 2

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01:17 PM »
I can look at Julianne all day. Rachel? Not so much. :cmaslol
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »
From etonline.com

'DWTS' Pro Mark Ballas Injured

"Dancing with the Stars" professional dancer Mark Ballas was reportedly injured while performing on tour and will take time off to recover.

The 22-year-old dancer announced Saturday night during a show in Los Angeles that he had suffered a groin injury and will need to take "a couple of weeks" off to heal, People magazine reports.

Ballas grimaced in pain as he apologized to the Staples Center crowd for not being able to give his all, while still managing a spirited performance with his partner Kristi Yamaguchi as well as a crowd-pleasing, high-energy hip-hop routine with fellow pros Lacey Schwimmer and Derek Hough, People said.

Ballas is participating in Dancing with the Stars: The Tour, appearing in cities across the United States, and he plans to return to the highly-rated ABC show for its eighth season, beginning March 9.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
An interesting article:

Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are looking to perfect their pas de deux.

The Dancing With the Stars pros took the whole ringing in the New Year literally, getting engaged just before the calendar flipped to Jan. 1, a source close to the couple confirms to E! News.

The betrothal came between DWTS tour dates in Salt Lake City and Tulsa, Okla.—and a little more than six months after Smirnoff, 30, announced she and former Dancing partner Mario Lopez had ended their two-year relationship.

She and fellow Ukraine native Chmerkovskiy, 28, hooked up shortly thereafter.

Chermkovskiy joined DWTS in season two and last season partnered with Misty May-Treanor. Smirnoff has been on since season three, most recently teaming with Rocco DiSpirito.

No word on a wedding date, but both are expected back when season eight kicks off March 9.

Link to the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090104/en_celeb_eo/77338

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »
More on Karina and Maksim:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff Are Engaged!

Dancing stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff have gotten engaged, PEOPLE has confirmed.

Chmerkovskiy popped the question to his girlfriend of less than six months in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve, according to a source. The couple rang in 2009 at the Wynn Hotel in Sin City.

"They are really cute together," adds the source.

The couple, who have been dating since the summer, are currently performing on the Dancing with the Stars winter tour, which wraps up in mid-February.

The eighth season of DWTS kicks off March 9 on ABC.

Link to the article: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20249902,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »
An update on the lovely Carrie Ann:

KATE HUDSON AND TERI HATCHER ADDED AS PRESENTERS ON "THE 35TH ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS," WEDNESDAY, JAN. 7 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Released by CBS

ALSO CONFIRMED TO PRESENT: DAVID BOREANAZ, TOM CAVANAGH, JENNIFER ESPOSITO, CARRIE ANN INABA, ERIC MCCORMACK, DEBRA MESSING, JAY MOHR, SHEMAR MOORE, KID ROCK, GAVIN ROSSDALE, SEAL, MARISA TOMEI AND ROBIN WILLIAMS

David Boreanaz, Tom Cavanagh, Jennifer Esposito, Teri Hatcher, Kate Hudson, Carrie Ann Inaba, Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Jay Mohr, Shemar Moore, Kid Rock, Gavin Rossdale, Seal, Marisa Tomei and Robin Williams have been added as presenters on THE 35TH ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS, to be broadcast live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, Wednesday, Jan. 7 (9:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The show is hosted by PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD-nominee Queen Latifah. Previous PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD winners and current nominees Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts will perform.

The first awards show of 2009, THE 35th ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS will honor fan favorites in television, movies and music in a total of 43 categories. Winners will be revealed during the live broadcast from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

Fans can still vote online at http://www.pcavote.com/ for four categories - Favorite New TV Comedy, Favorite New TV Drama, Favorite Online Sensation and Favorite User-Generated Video - which will be announced during the live broadcast.