Author Topic: TAR DVD  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
TAR DVD
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
Whatever happend to previous seasons on DVD besides 1 & 7? I recall season were supposed to be released backwords (10,9,8, etc..)?
Do we have to wait till TAR series is cancelled until the DVD's are released?
 :duno:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: TAR DVD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »
I have a sad feeling that cbs will probably not make any more dvds. They haven't made Survivor ones recently either.  :groan:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »
CBS claims there are no demand for TAR DVD's which I find hard to believe.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
I remember one of the All-Star teams (prob J.Vito&jill) said in an interview they got all the previous episodes bootleg. So maybe CBS thinks they cannot compete with piracy?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
Actually on this part they are partially right.  It is very difficult for studios to earn a profit on DVD's if those DVD don't make it to retail outlets.  unfortunately for us, the two seasons they did released  sold poorly.  THus making it harder for CBS to get shelf space from the retail market for more of that profit.  CBS  decided that the space they get should go to releases that generated more sales.

I can't argue with that on teh business model.

What I have a serious problem with is the fact that CBS has not released this show for sale on a digital release.  THis cost the studio practically no overhead, their is no shelf space that needs to be made available in mass around the nation (just server space).  It boogles the mind.

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
how much do they usely cost

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
Bootlegs is the only way, and they are worth it for at least 1 viewing if you are a fan and never seen them before.

I got tired of waiting, and with All-Stars coming up, I had to resort to bootlegs to watch seasons 2-6. Even other racers recommend bootlegs.

Offline Umass

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • 4y
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »
Actually on this part they are partially right.  It is very difficult for studios to earn a profit on DVD's if those DVD don't make it to retail outlets.  unfortunately for us, the two seasons they did released  sold poorly.  THus making it harder for CBS to get shelf space from the retail market for more of that profit.  CBS  decided that the space they get should go to releases that generated more sales.

I can't argue with that on teh business model.

What I have a serious problem with is the fact that CBS has not released this show for sale on a digital release.  THis cost the studio practically no overhead, their is no shelf space that needs to be made available in mass around the nation (just server space).  It boogles the mind.

CBS should just release them digitally. The cost is much less and you can d/l from iTunes.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
We'll see what they decide. Releasing them on iTunes would be nice.
Just here to visit.