Author Topic: EP 10 Live Show Updates and Discussion- Probable football delays!  (Read 67837 times)

Offline huntermcmillian

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP 10 Live Show Updates and Discussion- Probable football delays!
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »
Wow... that was a sad episode. I really liked Toni and Dallas but I wasn't neccecarily rooting for them but I kind of was haha along with Nick & Star. You could tell what Dallas genuinally felt awful for letting his mom down. I could see this as an emmy nominated episode.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2008, 08:58:09 PM »
booo hooo

ok guys i'm outta here, having surgery tomorrow morning so i'll be outta commission for a while

nothing serious just the removal of a plate and 5 pins in my arm   :waves:

Hopefully not your typing arm! Hope all goes well--we'll be thinking of you! :kuss:

yeah its the right

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2008, 09:01:37 PM »
Take care of your self! Make them wait on you hand and foot at home! :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »
Dandrew is second.

This is to show something that I learned since TAR3:
Success in the Amazing Race depends 90% o your good luck or someone else's bad one...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »

Tina for the Title, weird because I couldn’t imagine her saying gonna

:'( Too bad for Toni and Dallas

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
My hat is off to Andrew and Dan. Not only did they overcome a wrong park decision by their taxi driver, but they also had to do the speedbump. Their finish in second place shows that they executed extremely well(particularly the tram system) and were also very lucky. Andrew picking 62 after failing on 61 at the bookstore was miraculous because they only lost 10 minutes in penalty there. Getting an English-speaking taxi driver initially appeared suboptimal, but eventually it paid off. Given the problems of Toni and Dallas it was clear that Aandrwe/Dan were going to be in the Final 3. However, they finished 2nd and that was a major achievement. I hope the good luck fairy deserts them for leg 11.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »
I don't see how Dan and Andrew made up all that time.  We had them in the wrong park at 12:45PM and then doing the war dance between 5:00 and 6:30PM.  That's five hours taken up with the sculpture garden, bookstore, etc. ( I trust Chateau's mathematically correct determination of times)

Boy, the editors and producers are getting sloppy.  We see Dallas getting out of a BLACK cab when he realizes he left the fanny pack.  Then a closeup is edited in, but the sloppy editors use a beige color cab door closing on the fanny pack. 

No U-Turn, so no one used the U-Turn and no team was U-Turned.

TAR is getting pretty simple: no u-turns, no yields, no intersections.  OK one UTurn was shown but nobody u-turned.

Its been a good race overall, with lots more action next week in the final ep.  Did anyone else notice that Dallas and Toni are not at the final mat?  Guess they did have trouble getting new passports and new visas just to get out of Russia.

I leave for Europe tomorrow (got to find some new castles to chase my favorite wenches in-that's the traditional way to keep warm in the cold castle.) so will miss all the sleuthing for the final ep.  Hopefully, we will not have a power outage this week so my trusty old VCR will be able to record the show next Sunday.

Caio, and have a great one everybody. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
Caio my friend and God Speed! And please keep your eyes and ears opened for TAR14 spoilers  :yess: .. and most of all, don't forget to write  :hugs: :kuss: :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
Be safe and have fun G-Man! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »
Extremely sad about Toni and Dallas's elimination but go Tina and Ken or Nick and Starr win. If Dandrew win.... :knuckles:.....nuff said!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »
I said this in the Discussion section and I'll say it here. If Dandrew wins next week, I will storm CBS headquarters and force them to change the ending for the Mountain and West Coast feeds. Since I'll be in NYC for TARCon, I'll be nearby so I can storm out of the building (say, around 9:30 p.m. and be at West 57th street in time for the Mountain and Pacific time zone viewings. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:16 PM »

Boy, the editors and producers are getting sloppy.  We see Dallas getting out of a BLACK cab when he realizes he left the fanny pack.  Then a closeup is edited in, but the sloppy editors use a beige color cab door closing on the fanny pack. 

Eagle Eye!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delbie

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
so sad for Dallas & Toni - now i don't know who to root for in the final! question for you pros, is there a rule or requirement that teams have to carry the TAR bag separate and outside of their backpacks? It seems like that bag has gotten left behind in other seasons...and not sure why the camera crew couldn't help stop the cab since Dallas realized it right then!?

sorry if this has already been covered in other posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »
We think it was some tricky editing delbie, it might be the crew did not know until the cab was already gone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjaloOHUDM

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2008, 05:15:05 AM »
did you see tina face when they told her they had to find the clue before check-in time,and toni started to  cry i hate team dandrew :knuckles:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »
This elimination ranks right up there with Nancy/Emily and Bowling Moms. I truly think that if Toni/Dallas had begged some more money for a cab to the detour, they could have beaten Dandrew......and finished final 3. I guess that would have eliminated Ken/Tina, since they got to the mat the same time as DanDrew, but without their clue. Never give up and always follow directions no matter what. That is why DanDrew are in final three. Still damn good for dandrew to beat two other teams AFTER having to do a speedbump. They deserve to be in the finals.

I guess it was just so shocking, they lost their cool for a while. Really sad. :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:39:46 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2008, 06:23:11 AM »
My hat is off to Andrew and Dan. Not only did they overcome a wrong park decision by their taxi driver, but they also had to do the speedbump. Their finish in second place shows that they executed extremely well(particularly the tram system) and were also very lucky. Andrew picking 62 after failing on 61 at the bookstore was miraculous because they only lost 10 minutes in penalty there. Getting an English-speaking taxi driver initially appeared suboptimal, but eventually it paid off. Given the problems of Toni and Dallas it was clear that Aandrwe/Dan were going to be in the Final 3. However, they finished 2nd and that was a major achievement. I hope the good luck fairy deserts them for leg 11.

Andrew didn't even do the Roadblock, he had a local do it for him. That always bugs me; I don't mind if they get help with directions but when it comes to actual tasks they should not be allowed to have someone else help them out.

Offline girlracer265

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
 :'( :'( Absolutely gutted for toni and dallas. Still hoping Nick and Starr win :yess:
In fact as long as dandrew don't win, I will be happy  :wohoo:

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:40 AM »
So do we know when toni and dallas lost the bag if that wasnt the taxi he was in at the time?  And does anyone no how long it took them to obtain new passports and get out of Russia.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »
So do we know when toni and dallas lost the bag if that wasnt the taxi he was in at the time?  And does anyone no how long it took them to obtain new passports and get out of Russia.

i hope rob ask thaat q when he intervews them tonight.. and also tells them how much we wanted them to win!!!!! hhuuuu sry i did not get in on the group hug last night i got home and dvred watched it. i allways set it for 1 hr over caus of football. so i have the michael phelph on it too.. any way i ff threw that to get to the race and watched had severl cigg's was sooo upset, then watched desprat house wifes to get my mind of f the race so i could sleep.. ty for all the great screan caps it was fun to see them in the race last night..u guys r the best!!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »
I've been cheering for Dan and Andrew since the first episode. Wonderful. :D
Let's do this like Judas.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »
When I saw Dallas leave that fanny pack in the car, I thought "Oh no!"  I was so unhappy to see them come in last?   :'(  Why, oh why couldn't it have been Andrew instead?

Belle Book