The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR All-Star II

(1/4) > >>

Umass:
Here are the teams I want to see on TAR All-Star II.

Frank & Margaritta (TAR I)
Blake & Paige (TAR II)
Gary & Dave (TAR II)
Flo & Zach (TAR III) Go Flo &Zach!!
Colin & Christie (TAR V) Go Colin & Christie!!!
Kris & Jon (TAR VI) Go Kris & Jon!!!
Hayden & Aaron (TAR VI)
Lori & Bolo (TAR VI)
Ray & Yolanda (TAR VII)
Rob & Kimberly (TAR X)
Ronald & Christina (TAR XII)
Kynt & Vyxsin (TAR XII)

Alernates:
Joesph & Monica (TAR VII)
Lena & Kristy (TAR VI)
Shana & Jennifer (TAR XII)
Jon & Al (TAR IV)
Jonathan & Victoria (TAR VI)
Lynn and Alex (TAR VII)

Of course I am missing an elderly, all female, and gay team. Can D&O be on TAR for a third time?

Sam‽:
I wanna see Peggy & Claire again! They could have made it to Thailand if they didn't miss their London flight. I want them back!

Belle Book:
I can think of the following candidates for the elderly, all-female and gay teams:

1.  Meredith & Gretchen or Fran & Barry (elderly),
2.  Mary & Peach or Monica & Sharee (all-female) and
3.  Reichen & Chip or Lynn & Alex (gay).

Belle Book

apskip:
I'm pretty sure we are not going to be blessed with All-Star edition 2 anytime in the next several years, but just in case we are I would like to propose some principles that World Race Productions should adhere to:

1. No popular, but mediocre teams like David and Mary in AR11.
2. No hybrid teams like Eric and Danielle. Only teams who stay together may be consider.
3. No really awful teams like Peggy and Claire, who rate in my worst 5 ever. I would never want to see them in an All-Star edition.
4. Only teams that placed in the top 4 positions in their Amazing Race. This would in fact have eliminated Mirna and Charla but there needs to be some cutoff to get only the most qualified teams. Some good teams who exited early might be worthy, but how do we know so no chances should be taken. I would not make an exception even for Bill and Tammy Gaghan, who are two of my favorites.
5. No team which has participated previously in an AR All-Stars will be conisdered.  Note that this would allow Eric to race again with Jeremy.
6. The selection process should not be biased to give Female/Female teams or teams involving a very short person a better chance(which AR5 and AR11 did for Charla in allowing early boarding and exit on/off airplanes) . It should ignore gender and focus on performance.

Jobby:
I think popular but mediocre teams like David and Mary are okay. I'm pretty sure the producers always belief that the race is unpredictable. If Charla and Mirna can make it all the way to the F3, anyone can.

In fact, Kevin and Drew also belong to the group of popular (no longer after Allstars) but just mediocre team.

I would love for TAR to do an Allstars season once every let's say.. 6 to 7 seasons.. in that way.. we can have at least 2 memorable teams from each season.

Some teams i would love to see for now after Allstars (TAR 12 & 13)
1. Ronald and Christina
2. Kynt and Vyxsin
3. Terence and Sarah

Some teams i would really like to see from previous seasons but didn't make the cut of Allstars 1
1. Colin and Christie
2. Tara and Wil
3. Derek and Drew
4. Flo and Zach
5. Kris and Jon
6. Fran and Barry
7. Lyn and Karlyn

Mind you.. not all of these teams are my favourites. But i believe will add some sort of intense competition to an Allstars season!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version