Author Topic: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW  (Read 158346 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
From Allan's latest tweet about riding his bike, season 4 might be done.
got totally drenched riding his bike in the pouring rain. Oh well...at least my bike got a free wash after chillin for the last few months!

I agree...looks to be as though it may have ended on the 30th or 1st...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »
From Allan's latest tweet about riding his bike, season 4 might be done.
got totally drenched riding his bike in the pouring rain. Oh well...at least my bike got a free wash after chillin for the last few months!

I agree...looks to be as though it may have ended on the 30th or 1st...
Well, at least all the detectives can finally rest now.  Unless Latin America's still going on.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
Well, at least all the detectives can finally rest now.  Unless Latin America's still going on.

No way! The filming of the race is just the beginning of the adventure, not the end...Just because the racers stop racing, doesn't mean the detecting finishes. People are still blogging and posting holiday photos when they get home from their trip. Teams to identify, known locations to research further, flight options to narrow down. Still plenty to do on both TAR and TARA for any one who wants to join in the fun. *hint* hint*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
AMEN!!

:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chanan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
[POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!]

i have read from somewhere that the 1st team that will be eliminated is one of the teams from Philippines...judging from photos that were uploaded showing that the 2 girls team from the Phils at least made it to NZ, it could be the male team from Philippines that were eliminated? not sure how reliable the source is...but it would be interesting to see what went wrong for that team as seemingly they look like physically they're the most capable out of all the teams!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2010, 03:24:46 AM »
i have read from somewhere that the 1st team that will be eliminated is one of the teams from Philippines...judging from photos that were uploaded showing that the 2 girls team from the Phils at least made it to NZ, it could be the male team from Philippines that were eliminated? not sure how reliable the source is...but it would be interesting to see what went wrong for that team as seemingly they look like physically they're the most capable out of all the teams!

No. I believe Franz_Manu saw Rich and Rich at the airport counter. (Saying that Rich and Rich were saying "we're trying to be team no. 1" or something)

Possibly Safe in Leg 3 (uycocoa's deduction ONLY)
Jess and Lani :yes: (Per NZ Spoiler)
Ethan and Khairie :yes: (Per witness)
Ivan and Hilda :yes: (Per witness)
Richard and Richard :yes: (Per witness)
Natasha and Baron Hussein :yes: (Per witness)
Dimple and Sunaina  :yes: (Per witness)

Possibly eliminated in Leg 1, 2, or 3 (uycocoa's deduction ONLY)
Yani and Nadine
Sahil and Manas
Alan and Wendy
Claire and Michelle

If we follow the pattern of elimination in the past 3 TARA seasons, 2 or 3 of them will be out.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:18:26 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2010, 07:39:44 AM »
since New Zealand will be feature on TARA 4 and there's a news right now that NZ was hit by an earthquake today, I wonder if Allan Wu will make a special announcement for the condolence and help on the NZ earthquake just like Phil Keoghan did to Sri Lanka after the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami and Chile earthquake, this year?  Hmmm, another TAR disaster curse?! :ascared

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »
I am watching ep.1 right now on www.axn-asia.com/tara/videos/full-episodes?step=survcomp
 it is 48 minutes 2 seconds long.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »
Thanks apskip!!

To avoid spoiling anyone who may want to watch it themselves first, all episode spoiler discussion should now go here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23336.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
hmm, base on spoilers and my observation of episode 1

i think the full leaderboard will be

1st: Ethan & Khairie
2nd:Richard & Richard
3rd: Jess & Lani
4th: Claire & Michelle
5th: Ivan & Hilda
6th: Dimple & Sunaina
7th: Hussein & Natasha
8th: Sahil & Manas
9th: Alan & Wendy
10th: Yani & Nadine
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2010, 05:03:57 AM »
I don't know whether this is the right place to post but I can't watch TARA4 on AXN? I wanted to catch ep.2 but I could not access the page.  :duno:

I'm living in Singapore btw.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:11 AM »
try upgrading your flash player, and if possible, microsoft silverlight

**edit: the link to episode 2 is now disabled
I don't know whether this is the right place to post but I can't watch TARA4 on AXN? I wanted to catch ep.2 but I could not access the page.  :duno:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:09:17 AM by Evan_Weinstein »
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »
try upgrading your flash player, and if possible, microsoft silverlight

**edit: the link to episode 2 is now disabled
I don't know whether this is the right place to post but I can't watch TARA4 on AXN? I wanted to catch ep.2 but I could not access the page.  :duno:

Yea, you can't even click on Videos now.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:48 AM »
You can click on videos, but what's there is minor useless, no full episodes.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »
So it means no episode 2? The page is not found when I tried to access Full Episodes.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
I think this will be what looks like on TARA 4 legs:

starting line: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

leg 1: Penang, Malaysia
leg 2: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
leg 3: Colombo, Sri Lanka
leg 4: somewhere in Sri Lanka
leg 5: Camarines Sur or Legaspi City, Philippines
leg 6-7: New Zealand
leg 8-9: Australia
leg 10: Lombok, Indonesia
leg 11: Japan (probably in Osaka or Tokyo)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
Question:

Are there no titles for the TARA episodes? Or am I just missing them? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
actually since season 2 there isn't any quotes, so i doubt quotes are impt to Michael McKay and his team

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »
Thought maybe I was missing something recorded on AXN...but thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2010, 05:00:52 PM »
PHILIPPINE LEG!  :yess:  :hearts:

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »
The thread title should be Episode 5.  :lol:

anyway, knowing the team will fly from Sri lanka, Richard and Richard's lead will be wasted on this leg as I'm sure all teams would be arriving on the same flight. If not, the flight from Manila to Albay would be it.

A Manila Bulletin article about this leg:

The Amazing Race Asia' Hits the Philippines in the Next Leg

Manila Bulletin - Friday, October 15

LEGAZPI CITY, Albay - With the majestic Mount Mayon greeting the racers upon touch down, "The Amazing Race Asia" travels to the Philippines with a pit stop here in magnificent island resort of Misibis Bay. Touted as the series' most expensive production yet, Legazpi City and Misibis Bay Resorts host the Asian version of this popular reality TV race in an effort to show the world how beautiful the Bicolandia region is.

A handful of media people were flown in to Legazpi with the two-man Philippine team of Richard Herrera and Richard Hardin (also called 'The Riches') to recreate the tasks on the race-or perhaps to torture them.

"It was one of the most physical legs [in the race]," admits Herrera. But he did say that when they found out they were going to the Philippines next, "We were very, very excited..."

"We were hoping that some part of it would be in Manila," Hardin states. The other teams, they've had home court advantage... the Malaysian teams, they both [finished first], right? We were hoping we could move around Manila. 'Cause we were pretty good in Manila, Alabang... Me and Rich (Herrera), north, south... we've been there... Makati." But the boys didn't have such luck.

Hardin, who came to the Philippines roughly six years ago to play basketball for the MBA, has traveled to several provinces before. "I've been to Mindanao, Cebu, Osamis... But Legazpi, not once..."

The Riches, as with the rest of the racers (including the other all-girl Philippine team composed of Jess James and Lani Pillinger), were faced with a Detour once they got to Misibis Bay. With two tasks to choose from, the hardy boys boldly went for the one where they could literally get down and dirty. Between the "Jig" (wherein they had to learn some dance steps to the severely LSS-inducing "Ibalong" song that told of Bicol's early epic tale of heroes) and the "Pig" (a more physically demanding task at that!), the look on the boys' faces as they relate their experience told us we're in for hours of TV fun... at their expense!

Of their choice to mud wrestle with wily pigs, Hardin kids, much to everyone's amusement, "I saw some of the ['Ibalong'] moves...It's not my style!" He adds, "I'm more of a hip-hop guy," demonstrating he's got some swag right there on his chair.

Posing a challenge to the members of the media, the Riches helped recreate their soon-to-be proudest TV moment-it certainly would go well when they watch the episode with their friends, which they often do-with a couple of press people. Indeed, the task seemed daunting, and the pigs (much smaller this time than the ones in the actual race) obviously weren't too happy.

"We kind of squeal like that on the show sometimes, too," Herrera drawls. But the real danger is in what the eyes can't see. "He was cut up from head to toe. He got pounded. He was rolling around in the mud," Herrera says of Hardin, half in jest and half with pride.

"Oh, I would say there's more than [just] mud. There's just things in the bottom of the pen... it cuts you up," Herrara adds, shaking his head. "I actually went in with shoes, but I take them off because they would get stuck." Needless to say, the clothes they were wearing then were ruined for good.

Hardin reveals that for the task, somebody rubbed what he says was vegetable oil "on our arm and our chest."

"The guy was having too much fun putting it on, too," Herrera jokes.

"The crowd was going insane," Herrera says, recalling the task. Indeed, there were about 200 people who cheered the boys on, shared Misibis Bay resort manager Ian Varona. And Herrera exclaims, "I think it was the most Tagalog that I spoke in the entire leg!" interject

At the pit stop, over by the amphitheater overlooking the sea, a short distance above the Misibis Bay resort, the racers were greeted by the ebullient Tessa Prieto-Valdez in a colorful gown of roses and a matching headdress designed by Pepsi Herrera, styled by Eldzs Mejia. A source reveals that the ever-quirky Prieto-Valdez has, in fact, become one of the production team's favorite greeters in the entire race.

While there is still a long way to go to determine the winners of "The Amazing Race Asia," the Riches could at least reveal one thing-a valuable lesson. "Keep your mouths closed," Herrera dryly says. "First hand experience... it does not taste well."

Indeed, pushing themselves to their limits, the Riches might have still made it past the Philippine leg-they wouldn't reveal anything, no matter how hard we try (bribes and plying them with alcohol do not work). Retracing the racers' path, the media also visited the Ligñon Hill Nature Park, where tourists could also go on several zip lines with a view of Mayon; as well as the Cagsawa Ruins, where tourists could visit what remains of the bell tower when Mayon erupted in 1814, burying the main church and the reported 1,200 people that sought refuge there. Cagsawa Ruins could be reached via an hour-or-so ride on All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), which the racers did-as did the media, led this time by the unstoppable Riches.

"We ran as hard as we could all the time," Herrera reveals as much of their racing strategy. "But it doesn't necessarily mean it was in the right direction... So we try not to run too far in the wrong direction."

How did the Riches fare in the Philippine leg of the race? With mouths closed, find out on Thursday, October 21 at 9pm as "The Amazing Race Asia" Season 4 airs exclusively on AXN.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2010, 08:22:03 AM »
I think the title of this discussion should be "TARA 4 EP 5 Show Discussion"  :lol:

Anyway, here's the promo of Episode 5:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:25:12 AM by pramararama »
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
hmm, base on spoilers and my observation of episode 1

i think the full leaderboard will be

1st: Ethan & Khairie
2nd:Richard & Richard
3rd: Jess & Lani
4th: Claire & Michelle
5th: Ivan & Hilda
6th: Dimple & Sunaina
7th: Hussein & Natasha
8th: Sahil & Manas
9th: Alan & Wendy
10th: Yani & Nadine

I'm glad that with Ivan and Hilda's elimination, this is wrong! But the first 3 eliminations have been accurate so far... So I actually feel that this list is generally correct, perhaps a few switches here and there. I still see Ethan and Khairie winning it all, and the Richards coming in second place. Hmm...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »
http://www.axn-asia.com/tara/phil

Sounds like an awesome Philippines event!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2010, 05:56:50 AM »
http://www.axn-asia.com/tara/phil

Sounds like an awesome Philippines event!!

YUP! IT IS!!!!!!!!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: