The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW

<< < (2/54) > >>

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on January 01, 2009, 11:25:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: spoler345 on December 31, 2008, 08:45:24 PM ---i heard that thailand is one of the location :groan:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: cdfe88 on January 01, 2009, 11:09:48 PM ---There's a high probability that Alan Wu will be the host :cmaslol

--- End quote ---

Heee....

I would think we would hear about a new season before long. I think at least at one point this was the #1 show, so I do believe we will see another...

--- End quote ---

I'm quite sure there will be another TARA, IMO the tasks are a lot harder than the more recent  TAR seasons, the only think that I would criticize is that there are a lot of mactors and celebrities, although it really doesn't matter since they race just to race instead than just the money, and most have coped well with the stress, but I just hated the miss universes (the one that made the comment of being treated lower than humans). But still, I like the fact that they don0t forget about the third place team in the final leg :cmaslol

Jobby:
TARA 3 is really the toughest race ever IMO.

I mean, a normal race consist of just a Detour, Roadblock and probably one or two Route Infos which requires only teams to get from one place to another.

But for TARA3, remember their Route Info involved washing a whole bus? Fixing a jeepy car? Buying items for the poor and many many other hard tasks? There were so many tasks for one episode that they had to make one episode 90 minutes long too!

And how many race do we actually see SO MANY TEAMS QUITTING THE ROADBLOCK or the race? Haha.

ImANewUser:
I can't wait for TARA4 to start! However, let's hope that we won't have something like an "India Fortnight" like last year (TAR 13 in New Delhi/Delhi --> TARA3 in Cochin --> TAR 13 in Delhi/New Delhi --> TARA3 in Mumbai/Pune).

georgiapeach:
Not exactly TARA 4, but maybe something fun for some of you?? :hearts:

21AXN Big Challenge

Still dreaming of making it to the Amazing Race? Dream no more! Join the AXN BIG Challenge 2009 happening on February 7 at the Mall of Asia. Be one of 24 teams who will be facing physical endurance, planning and strategies, problem solving, and teamwork in a series of challenges along the race. Exciting isn't it? Deadline of entries is on January 25, 2009

Contest Requirements:

3 members per team

Contest Mechanics:

Log on to http://146.215.65.76/axn-asia/big-challenge/register.php
Submit a team photo and fill in your team's personal details
View complete contest mechanics

Contest Period: Registration ends on January 25, 2009

Contest Prize:

Winning teams win cash & prizes worth more than USD 1,000 (not specified)

Upside:

FREE to do
Online submission

Downside:
None

For more information, log on to 146.215.65.76/axn-asia/big-challenge/

http://boy-kuripot.blogspot.com/2009/01/axn-big-challenge.html

apskip:

--- Quote from: Raymond on January 16, 2009, 08:46:55 PM ---I can't wait for TARA4 to start! However, let's hope that we won't have something like an "India Fortnight" like last year (TAR 13 in New Delhi/Delhi --> TARA3 in Cochin --> TAR 13 in Delhi/New Delhi --> TARA3 in Mumbai/Pune).

--- End quote ---

Although India legs have been overdone recently, if you examine Amazing Races 1 to 12 you should conclude that the India legs were among the best of any seasons where they happened. India was visited in these Amazing Races

AR1, Ep. 8
AR4, Ep. 6 and 7
AR5, Ep. 9
AR7, Ep. 8 and 9
AR10, Ep. 5
AR13, Ep. 6 and 7

I too want to see more varied parts of Asia than has been shown on AMazing Races, but India has hosted some of the most memorable scenes in Amazing Race history. Those include the bull-surfing, the suspense of the end of AR4 ep.7 when Chip/Reichen were battling Tian/Jaree, the failure of Brandon/Nicole to get their heads shaved for a Fast Forward, the "We've got a broken elephant" line from Gretchen, Joyce choosing to get her head shaved in a Fast Forward, and the Holi celebration. The fact that India is proven fertile ground for first-class episodes has to be why World Race Productions keeps going back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version