Author Topic: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW  (Read 158353 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »
If you build it....it will come.

Here's hoping! :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:01:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation-- STARTING NOW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »
i heard that thailand is one of the location :groan:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
There's a high probability that Alan Wu will be the host :cmaslol
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »

Heee....

I would think we would hear about a new season before long. I think at least at one point this was the #1 show, so I do believe we will see another...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »
I think TARA 4 timeline will probably the same as TARA 2... auditions in Feb, race in July, but most probably 11 legs again too.

And oh please I hope they don't give a lame "shoutout" slogan like "toughest race ever" because... it's just insulting the efforts of the other races. They have their tough portions too.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »

Heee....

I would think we would hear about a new season before long. I think at least at one point this was the #1 show, so I do believe we will see another...

I'm quite sure there will be another TARA, IMO the tasks are a lot harder than the more recent  TAR seasons, the only think that I would criticize is that there are a lot of mactors and celebrities, although it really doesn't matter since they race just to race instead than just the money, and most have coped well with the stress, but I just hated the miss universes (the one that made the comment of being treated lower than humans). But still, I like the fact that they don0t forget about the third place team in the final leg :cmaslol
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
TARA 3 is really the toughest race ever IMO.

I mean, a normal race consist of just a Detour, Roadblock and probably one or two Route Infos which requires only teams to get from one place to another.

But for TARA3, remember their Route Info involved washing a whole bus? Fixing a jeepy car? Buying items for the poor and many many other hard tasks? There were so many tasks for one episode that they had to make one episode 90 minutes long too!

And how many race do we actually see SO MANY TEAMS QUITTING THE ROADBLOCK or the race? Haha.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 08:46:55 PM »
I can't wait for TARA4 to start! However, let's hope that we won't have something like an "India Fortnight" like last year (TAR 13 in New Delhi/Delhi --> TARA3 in Cochin --> TAR 13 in Delhi/New Delhi --> TARA3 in Mumbai/Pune).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:22:50 PM »
Not exactly TARA 4, but maybe something fun for some of you?? :hearts:

21AXN Big Challenge

Still dreaming of making it to the Amazing Race? Dream no more! Join the AXN BIG Challenge 2009 happening on February 7 at the Mall of Asia. Be one of 24 teams who will be facing physical endurance, planning and strategies, problem solving, and teamwork in a series of challenges along the race. Exciting isn't it? Deadline of entries is on January 25, 2009

Contest Requirements:

3 members per team

Contest Mechanics:

Log on to http://146.215.65.76/axn-asia/big-challenge/register.php
Submit a team photo and fill in your team's personal details
View complete contest mechanics

Contest Period: Registration ends on January 25, 2009

Contest Prize:

Winning teams win cash & prizes worth more than USD 1,000 (not specified)

Upside:

FREE to do
Online submission

Downside:
None

For more information, log on to 146.215.65.76/axn-asia/big-challenge/

http://boy-kuripot.blogspot.com/2009/01/axn-big-challenge.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
I can't wait for TARA4 to start! However, let's hope that we won't have something like an "India Fortnight" like last year (TAR 13 in New Delhi/Delhi --> TARA3 in Cochin --> TAR 13 in Delhi/New Delhi --> TARA3 in Mumbai/Pune).

Although India legs have been overdone recently, if you examine Amazing Races 1 to 12 you should conclude that the India legs were among the best of any seasons where they happened. India was visited in these Amazing Races

AR1, Ep. 8
AR4, Ep. 6 and 7
AR5, Ep. 9
AR7, Ep. 8 and 9
AR10, Ep. 5
AR13, Ep. 6 and 7

I too want to see more varied parts of Asia than has been shown on AMazing Races, but India has hosted some of the most memorable scenes in Amazing Race history. Those include the bull-surfing, the suspense of the end of AR4 ep.7 when Chip/Reichen were battling Tian/Jaree, the failure of Brandon/Nicole to get their heads shaved for a Fast Forward, the "We've got a broken elephant" line from Gretchen, Joyce choosing to get her head shaved in a Fast Forward, and the Holi celebration. The fact that India is proven fertile ground for first-class episodes has to be why World Race Productions keeps going back.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
and also India showed us the first Speedbump ever. How could anyone forget Kynt & Vyxsin doing Yoga?
The story so far:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 05:57:19 AM »
Yes, i agree India showed us the racers at their "best". This is good TV for Reality TV. :funny:

And although it's not India, but Sri Lanka (very near) also showed us the best of Kendra (TAR6). :neener:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 08:10:46 AM »

Although India legs have been overdone recently, if you examine Amazing Races 1 to 12 you should conclude that the India legs were among the best of any seasons where they happened. India was visited in these Amazing Races

AR1, Ep. 8
AR4, Ep. 6 and 7
AR5, Ep. 9
AR7, Ep. 8 and 9
AR10, Ep. 5
AR13, Ep. 6 and 7

I too want to see more varied parts of Asia than has been shown on AMazing Races, but India has hosted some of the most memorable scenes in Amazing Race history. Those include the bull-surfing, the suspense of the end of AR4 ep.7 when Chip/Reichen were battling Tian/Jaree, the failure of Brandon/Nicole to get their heads shaved for a Fast Forward, the "We've got a broken elephant" line from Gretchen, Joyce choosing to get her head shaved in a Fast Forward, and the Holi celebration. The fact that India is proven fertile ground for first-class episodes has to be why World Race Productions keeps going back.

Well, I didn't say that I didn't wanna see India. I just didn't want to see four consecutive episodes of India (of course, it might've had something to do with seeing Kelly/Christy, Ken/Tina, Henry/Bernie & AD/Fuzzie finishing last those legs and Nick/Starr & Sam/Vince being ahead those legs).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline booboobooboo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »

AR1, Ep. 8
AR4, Ep. 6 and 7
AR5, Ep. 9
AR7, Ep. 8 and 9
AR10, Ep. 5
AR13, Ep. 6 and 7

Well, I didn't say that I didn't wanna see India. I just didn't want to see four consecutive episodes of India (of course, it might've had something to do with seeing Kelly/Christy, Ken/Tina, Henry/Bernie & AD/Fuzzie finishing last those legs and Nick/Starr & Sam/Vince being ahead those legs).

pretty cool

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 02:05:42 AM »
 :lol: That was spooky the way that India week went and played out!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »
If you build it....it will come.

Here's hoping! :hearts:

You heard it here first!! It is ON!!! :hearts:

From Bertram van Munster:

Q. Do you have any idea whether there would be any more seasons of the popular Asian version? I’ve just turned 21 (the minimum eligibility for trying out on the show) and was hoping to try out for the show with my friend. We’d be extremely disappointed if it got cancelled now after having to wait for so long to become eligible. — Vikshant
A. BvM: Yes, we are producing Amazing Race 4 there, which is in the works now.

http://weblogs.variety.com/season_pass/2009/02/the-amazing-race-the-outcome-for-us-is-a-surprise-every-time.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:09:10 AM »
i would like to join on the new season of TARA but there's no news yet on when will they open for the application on that show.  It could be next month? :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
They normally have a new season twice a year. I believe season 4 signups are over already :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 07:52:12 AM »
Not that I know of, I think they are still to come! This news from BVM is the first confirmation that there will be a TARA 4 that we have had.

If they follow previous schedules though, applications and Interviews could start soon, and the race could perhaps be run in mid summer again....  (my guess only...)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Genie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 06:15:47 AM »
there will be season 4  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
:yess: :hearts:

Love your avatar, so cute!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »
I could ask my new best friend, Michael McKay. ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »
I have heard from Michael McKay. We will do another interview, but I don't think he can comment about TARA4 at this point. If you have any questions on TARA3 (or the other two seasons) and Israel, please write them in the Michael McKay thread.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
Good job, Ken!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Michael likes me.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.