Author Topic: TARA 3 episode 12 "Memories"  (Read 8845 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARA 3 episode 12 "Memories"
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
Looking forward to this one too!  :hearts:

Feel free to discuss this before, during, or after the show!

Hopefully some of our team will bring us news about this as well. :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TARA 3 episode 12 "Memories"
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:20:54 AM »
I saw Mai&Oliver on the Preview, do you think they took a break in Taiwan  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 08:21:19 PM »
I had to work today....did anyone see this? And? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »
My torrent finished late last night and I saw Memories this morning. It was a pretty straightforward summary of the season, not quite what I was expecting. There were a few points I jotted down to check against what I said about those issues in my ARA3 Timeline or in other threads:

The first extended pitstop was at Hue.
Geoff/Tisha spent 7 hours at the store doing the BluRay disc play(we know that the store closed at 8pm).
The Geoff/Tisha flight from Hong Kong to Singapore was listed on a display near the gate as 1130am(not 1120 as I reported).
There was undersoring of what I already knew, that Ida/Tania survived 2 consecutive last places in NEL legs.
The swecond extended pitstop was in Macau.
The Muscat leg(starting in Pune) was 40 hours long.
There was a serious geographical mistake when Allan Wu stated that teams had gone west from Mumbai to Pune. Pune is actually southeast of Mumbai. Going west from Mumbai very quickly puts you in teh Indian Ocean.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:25:56 AM by apskip »

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I LOvE GeofF and TiShA!!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »
i've watched the memories a while ago..

i like it.. i really miss tara 3.. i hope next year they will have a better tara production.. but every year,.. they have improved their production hehehe..

Geoff and Tish till the end!!!

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
i've watched the memories a while ago..

i like it.. i really miss tara 3.

Me too.  I especially enjoyed seeing the racers having fun together during the extended pit stops.  I sure hope there is a TARA 4.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
I believe TARA 3 was the number one show in Asia? So I expect that oh, yes, we'll be seeing TARA 4!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
I believe TARA 3 was the number one show in Asia? So I expect that oh, yes, we'll be seeing TARA 4!

Thanks for the info, GeorgiaPeach.  Your reply actually got me web searching again for a few minutes.  A company named Victorinox is in talks to become involved with the race.

To further boost its profile, the company is in talks to be the official timer for The Amazing Race Asia in the future. If all goes well, discloses Robert Lagorio, Victorinox international sales manager for Asia, fans of the reality show might see racers carrying Victorinox backpacks as well as donning Victorinox apparel and watches. “One of the challenges might even involve a Victorinox store or factory,” hints Lagorio.

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2008/11/25/lifeliving/2571218&sec=lifeliving

I know that many viewers don't like all of the product placements in TARA but I don't mind.  In fact, if I ever go to Asia, I'm going to make sure I get gas at a CalTex station and change money at a Standard Chartered bank.   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »
Thanks for this info, Pedaler!!

I love Victorinox gear--they make great travel stuff. They bought out the Swiss Army knife people, and I have great fondness for those. In the pre 9/11 days, no self-respecting backpacker would dream of leaving on a world tour without their Swiss Army knife--remember guys?   :tup:

I loved mine, used it for years, and then lost it in Ethopia, which oddly enough literally saved my life, but that's another story! :lol:

In other words, this is one product placement I could live with! They would be a great fit--they need to come try TAR too!

Heeee....."Memories"!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »
When I get my computer back, I will be downloading the last four episodes including Memories. Then I'll have to interview Michael McKay about this season.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Can't wait!! Hmmm...questions for Michael...

Not our Michael! :funny: That would be M. McKay!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
One of my best Memories is the excellent support provided to we ARA3 RFF viewers/commenters by our moderator, Peach. Thanks Peach for a job well done!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
Thanks apskip!

I had a lot of fun--thanks puddin and Rob for letting me do it! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
One of the things I noticed (in addition to the Pune geography bluner) is a blunder with that extended Pit Stop in Macau -- at the start of the Cochin episode, Allan clearly said that that Pit Stop was only 12 hours. (Curiously, he doesn't mention 12 hours with the pit stops in Pune and Oman, and they apparently might have been, too...)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »
tarflyonthewall, it is slightly possible that you are right about extended pit stops in Pune or Muscat. Post #1345 by Banzai on the ARA3 Spoilers thread makes it clear with photographic evidence that Pune was not extended:

Date/Time Photos of racers in Pune

My analysis of the last pitstop checkin times in the desert west of Muscat on June 5 was:

Ida/Tania 250pm
Geoff/Tisha 300pm
Sam/Vince 730pm

If you follow the timing of what happens on the morning of June 6 (see the ARA3 special thread on episode the Finale), it is clear that teams do tasks in Oman, then depart from the airport that afternoon for Phuket. There is no opportunty for an extended pitstop in the middle of this leg and none in the Phuket area. The action is continuous.

So, that should give you comfort that there were no extended pitstops in Pune or Muscat.