Author Topic: EP11: 12/7 "You Look Like Peter Pan"  (Read 119370 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11: 12/7 "You Look Like Peter Pan"
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
The flights combination leaves Moscow-Domodedovo at 705am and arrives Portland at 1120am for an apparent flying time of 4 hours 15 minutes. To that must be added the time zone difference of 11 hours to get 15 hours 15 minutes actual total time including less than an hour connecting in Frankfurt.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
 :lol:  fwiw, found this article about Ken/Tina marriage status in a post race interview  :angel:

Ken/Tina marriage status a secret

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
I just read it. I wonder whether they are. I HOPE THEY ARE!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
I've been working on Boingo's Moving Mat with only modest progress. The river and the span behind them (footbridge?) seem a bit narrow for the main channel of the Moscow river; I'm thinking it's the Vodootvodny (water bypass) canal. There's a list of bridges here, but I can't make an exact match. The Meridien is no help this time, it's across the street from Red Square  :duno: .

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »
I've been working on Boingo's Moving Mat with only modest progress. The river and the span behind them (footbridge?) seem a bit narrow for the main channel of the Moscow river; I'm thinking it's the Vodootvodny (water bypass) canal. There's a list of bridges here, but I can't make an exact match. The Meridien is no help this time, it's across the street from Red Square  :duno: .

Is that a Monorail car in the upper left of the picture?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
looks like it doesnt it gator! :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

:lol:  Don't forget about Matt's pix of the (pitstop hotel?) Swissotel (next to the Arts Center).  It has the Moscow River on one side and the canal on the other side.  I suspect that since the VDNKh was probably closed that early in the morning, they use an area not far from the (pitstop hotel?) Swissotel to start the final leg.   :angel:   Not obvious to me where it is exactly.    ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:47:34 PM by Boingo »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »
The Swissotel is right next to that canal and there is a pedestrian bridge across the canal next to it. It is walking distance to the train station that has direct trains to DME airport. The airport where Lufthansa flies from.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:26:59 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 01:03:08 PM »

In an exclusive interview, Phil reflects on the many memorable moments from this season of PHIL'S VIDEO DIARY.  :hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2K9GyXlYAM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »

:lol:  Don't forget about Matt's pix of the (pitstop hotel?) Swissotel (next to the Arts Center).  It has the Moscow River on one side and the canal on the other side.  I suspect that since the VDNKh was probably closed that early in the morning, they use an area not far from the (pitstop hotel?) Swissotel to start the final leg.   :angel:   Not obvious to me where it is exactly.    ;)

Good catch Boingo  :tup:

Matts photos

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 01:57:16 PM »

In an exclusive interview, Phil reflects on the many memorable moments from this season of PHIL'S VIDEO DIARY. 

Thanks for the video puddin

The scene in New Delhi with the masked crew in the vicinity of the chilies makes me think about poor Terence and Sarah doing the task.

They came out of that with great enthusiasm I think I would be crying lol  :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
nevermind, nothing to see here...move along  ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:06:20 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »

The scene in New Delhi with the masked crew in the vicinity of the chilies makes me think about poor Terence and Sarah doing the task.

They came out of that with great enthusiasm I think I would be crying lol  :lol:

*visions of Phil vacuuming my house ...in the nude  :flirt:*

tvguide magazine

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »

:funny: That would be a bidding war if it were an auction for charity  :meow: hehehe

The tease of Phil receiving his vitamin shot in his last video diary was bad enough  :faint:  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »
In my geographic research of the area to the east of Portland out to Cascade Locks, I have come upon one falls that could possibly be involved in the finale(I'm not sure how, but it is along the way and highly scenic):

Multnomah Falls just off I-84 and maybe 10 miles from Portland is the 5th highest waterfall in the U.S. at 620 feet.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:27 PM »

you bad girl  ;)

Offline joyjay78

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
I predict that The FRAT BOYS must have won this race coz from the very beginning Phil Keoghan was rooting for TEAM DANDREW. If you checked carefully Keoghan's words about DANDREW,they are his favorites.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
you should read the thread more carefully joyjay!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
I predict that The FRAT BOYS must have won this race coz from the very beginning Phil Keoghan was rooting for TEAM DANDREW. If you checked carefully Keoghan's words about DANDREW,they are his favorites.

I wouldn't put money in it :lol:

This might be the first cluebox ..

Offline MILLVALLEY

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
Anyone consider the light and shadows at the Pittock Mansion?

The east elevation of the building is brightest during Ken and Tina's run across the lawn, less bright during Nick and Starr's appearance and least bright when Dan and Andrew show up. If I hadn't read most of the preceding posts, this would make me think Ken and Tina, at least, arrived in the morning.

And look at the shadows from their legs. Two teams seem to be running into the sun, and we know they are running to the east. That also suggests a morning arrival.

Just wondering if this was a two-day overnight thing.

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »
Anyone consider the light and shadows at the Pittock Mansion?

The east elevation of the building is brightest during Ken and Tina's run across the lawn, less bright during Nick and Starr's appearance and least bright when Dan and Andrew show up. If I hadn't read most of the preceding posts, this would make me think Ken and Tina, at least, arrived in the morning.

And look at the shadows from their legs. Two teams seem to be running into the sun, and we know they are running to the east. That also suggests a morning arrival.

Just wondering if this was a two-day overnight thing.

It's doubtful it's a two day overnight thing. Dallas and Toni got their passports the day after and should've been able to join the teams at the finish line if it were a two day thing. Also, it was mentioned that Dallas and Toni made it to the wrap party shortly after.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
I think that you are just seeing the shadows of their feet. The shadow of the rest of the body is cut off by the framing of the picture. Pretty sneaky of the producers in cutting the scene in editing.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »
We know for sure when the Mat was, we were following it live here on 5/14! :lol:

And we also know for sure that our video of the Pitstop checkin in Moscow was 5/13.

The Mat was in the afternoon...

But :welcome2: to all the newcomers!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »
 :hello2: :welcome2: :welcome3: to RFF. Can't wait for the season finale! puddin if the photo of Dandrew that you said could be clue #1 is true than Ken and Tina opened their clue at the same place in that promo and out wipped a Detour !

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2008, 02:38:24 AM »
If that's the first cluebox then it has to be the Detour.

Unless CBS do something different and decide not to go with the recap Roadblock that we've seen in the last few seasons.