Author Topic: Ep #9: What stronger racing team is eliminated instead of Dandrew?  (Read 5073 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1.  Seriously 5 wins.  Do you think Nick & Starr are one of the strongest racing teams in AR history?

2.  What s the expensive purchase?

3.  Who ends up last this week?

4.  Is this the elimination leg or is that next week?

Offline MommyLove3

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep #9: What stronger racing team is eliminated instead of Dandrew?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
HI mswood  :waves:
I'm guessing Dandrew. I think they've been lucky so far. Haven't they been second to last in every leg??? ?
Second choice is Toni and Dallas. Although, they've been doing good the last couple of legs.
Nick and Star might just be the best racers ever.
Expensive purchase? I must have missed that. I'm gonna have to check the previews.

I was really happy when the divorcees got eliminated! I didn't like their attitudes at all!
Did anybody notice how every time they talked bad about someone, something bad happened to them?......falling off the bike, not reading clues correctly....looked like karma to me, or just good editing. LOL.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
MommyLove3, it was good editing.

1.  Seriously 5 wins.  Do you think Nick & Starr are one of the strongest racing teams in AR history? No, not even close. The strongest teams in AR history are Colin and Christie(finished 2nd in AR5),  Rob and Amber (finished 2nd in AR7 and choked with 4th place in AR11 All-Stars), Eric and Jeremy(2nd in AR9), and Chris and Alex(won AR2). Note that only one of these four teams won, which shows how the final episodes are planned to invite the greatest amount of randomness so the best teams frequenetly do not win. There is about a 50% chance in my judgment that Nick/Starr do not win AR13.

2.  What s the expensive purchase? I haven't a clue.

3.  Who ends up last this week? I hope it's Andrew and Dan, but I believe it si more likely to be NEL or Ken/Tina.

4.  Is this the elimination leg or is that next week? I think it's leg 10, which puts me in a distinct minority.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »
Bonnie Hunt is NOT a good source for spoilers, she has not had every eliminated team on her show, but seeing as she is a fan of the show and this would be the last eliminated team, and I do not see a team listed on her show for the upcoming week, I'll guess this is a NEL and my vote goes to DanDrew as the victims.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

1.  Seriously 5 wins.  Do you think Nick & Starr are one of the strongest racing teams in AR history? I do not get the impression that Nick & Starr are one of the strongest in TAR history.  Hard to say why, but that is my impression.

2.  What is the expensive purchase? Shoes, man.  Shoes.

3.  Who ends up last this week? D'Andrew

4.  Is this the elimination leg or is that next week? NEL

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
As someone who does (and did from the starting line) like Nick & Starr it saddens me to say that I honestly don't think they are that good of a team.  It doesn't help that this season has to be the group that makes more mistakes then any other season.  Its shocking the number of teams and times people are fing up.  I also really miss seeing teams actually navigating themselves through countries.  What's it been leg 8 so far and one leg has had teams actually driving themselves (and Nick & Starr didn't do that good in that).  And this team will end up with a minimum of 6 wins in 11 episode (with the chance of it going as high as 8).  I have to admit this season has probably the worst group of racers (as far as racing ability) of any season.  Its shocking.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
1.  Seriously 5 wins.  Do you think Nick & Starr are one of the strongest racing teams in AR history?  Yes, but they're not the strongest one.

2.  What s the expensive purchase?  No idea.  Maybe shoes.

3.  Who ends up last this week?  Dandrew.

4.  Is this the elimination leg or is that next week?  It's next week.  We have a non-elimination leg this week.

Belle Book

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
1.  Seriously 5 wins.  Do you think Nick & Starr are one of the strongest racing teams in AR history? 
not even close. this year's bunch has to be the weakest ever - teams like the beekeepers and this season's blondes were pure cannon fodder from the beginning. the loserboys are only there still because they have won the "luckiest team ever" mantle by a million miles. anthony/stephanie, aja/ty, the divorcees and even mark/bill may have looked ok on paper but once you got a quick look at them you knew they were no world beaters.  the rest are ok, but a far cry from the final 5 of previous seasons.   i agree with apskip's list above, and would add dustin & kandice to that list. they made 1 mistake in TAR10 and were just a hair slow on the quiz in TAR11. hope they assemble a more challenging bunch next time.

2.  What s the expensive purchase?  i'll go with the shoes.

3.  Who ends up last this week?   the loserboys (can you tell they really irritate me????)

4.  Is this the elimination leg or is that next week?  gah.. it's this week - and the loserboys survive- again... grrrrrrrr!!!