Author Topic: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings  (Read 177507 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »
Maya and Amichai

Maya and amichai dont want to come in second they want to come in first. it talks about there stregnths and weeknesses and how they met. if they come in first and grow closer they will be happy so they can get married. tipical dating couple

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »
Thanks, puddin. That was a real treat.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »
Thank you kogs!!  :hearts:And puddin! We so need to have that video, it's like a whole history of TAR in 5 minutes! Think of the screencap fun,lol!

Heee...kogs will have to help, I clicked anything that remotely looked like it might give me an embed code, but no go. :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »
Thank you kogs!!  :hearts:And puddin! We so need to have that video, it's like a whole history of TAR in 5 minutes! Think of the screencap fun,lol!

Heee...kogs will have to help, I clicked anything that remotely looked like it might give me an embed code, but no go. :'(

working on it slowly, alot is this and that when it comes to the teams videos. btw  the race i s 51,000 kilometers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2009, 03:32:54 PM »
that's about 36000 miles, right? They did well then! Of course to and fro Cape Town added a lot. Darn them, if they would subcaption this in English they would have a whole new audience!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »
that's about 36000 miles, right? They did well then! Of course to and fro Cape Town added a lot. Darn them, if they would subcaption this in English they would have a whole new audience!!

well when it saids chamishim elef kilometers thats 50,000 kilomiters. its taking me time to translate correctly

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
Heeeee. The blonds press photo is of them in skimpy little pink bikini's showing quite a bit of flesh lol!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
51,000 km = 31,620 miles according to my conversion factor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »

Around the world in 80 challenges 

By Ruta Kupfer 

The participants in the reality television game show, "Hamerotz Lamillion" ("The Race to the Million" - known as "The Amazing Race" in its original American form) always look like extreme tourists - as if they are participating in a caricature of the travel deals where people are offered "Classical Europe in five days," but minus the shopping.

The participants in the American program, which is now being produced for Israeli audiences, are supposed to go from country to country within a short period of time, to carry out a number of tasks that are connected with the local customs and then, as speedily as possible, to reach their final destination - home. There they get to see their videotaped experiences (and drive their friends, who weren't lucky enough to go, crazy).  

The local version, which is due to be aired next Thursday on Channel 2 (Reshet), is another in a series of reality show programs broadcast by the commercial channels which have come here after being viewed for years in other countries. It is entering the TV arena at a time when the second season of "Survivor" is lagging behind the hoped for ratings, and it seems that "Big Brother" has supplied little more than the annual amount of trash.

The format itself is for the most part familiar to those who four years ago saw "Sof Haderech" on Channel 2, an Israeli program that was very much influenced by the format of "The Amazing Race", in the days when the franchisees preferred impersonation over buying the format legally.

The American program has been broadcast since 2001 and is considered one of the best in this much maligned genre. Its 14th season will begin next month. It was created jointly by Bertram van Munster and his wife, Elise Doganieri and was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ("CSI," "Cold Case"). The Israeli version is being edited by Eyal Elkabetz and Ravit Lior Mandel. The show will be adapted to Israeli standards by drawing out the competition over a longer time and highlighting relationships - and fights - as happened with "Survivor" and "Yordim Begadol."

In the original program, about a dozen pairs start every race. Their compositions are varied - sometimes they are married couples, sometimes they are engaged, sometimes a couple that has just begun seeing one another; there are homosexual pairs, elderly people, sometimes siblings, a mother and son, a grandfather and grandson, good friends, cousins and so forth.

The race is divided into parts. In every country and at the end of every program, the participants reach an interim station where a host is waiting - Phil Keoghan, a New Zealander, and in the local version, Raz Meirman. Those who reach him last are usually disqualified (unless the production, so it seems, intervenes on their behalf).

According to estimates, $5 million was invested in the first season of the Israeli version - a considerable sum by local TV standards, though the big prize - $1 million in the American original - will be NIS 1 million here. Ten couples will compete, including two elderly kibbutznik women, a couple that is due to be married, two childhood friends, two night club owners from Tel Aviv (Shai Kahane and Guy Ossidon), and two beauty queens (Elena Ralph and Liran Kohner).

The pairs have to carry out both physically and mentally challenging tasks in every country. In Costa Rica, for example, the participants in one of the seasons of the American version had to choose between several assignments - crossing a dangerous bridge in a rain forest, looking for signs of Mayan culture, or collecting 15 banana plants and taking them in wagons to the market. In Taiwan, they had to travel in a vehicle used by stunt performers, and in Mozambique to convince people in the market to paint their fingernails.

The route itself is challenging. During one season, it started in Washington and continued to China, Vietnam, India, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Ukraine, Morocco, France and then back to the United States. (They have never visited Israel, apparently because of the high insurance fees in a country that is often at war.) On one occasion, the last task was to remember the route and all its challenges.

The pairs fly free from country to country. once there, they get around in taxis, trains, buses or private vehicles which one of the pair drives while the other navigates from behind, (since the photographer who is with them sits in the front). Every one of the members of the pairs has the same number of tasks of the same kind in every program so that it is not possible for a grandchild, for example, to do all the physical tasks while the grandfather does all those requiring intellectual skills.

The tasks, for the most part, are for a tourist on steroids, and involve extreme situations. If there is a famous bridge in the country, the competitors will have to do a bungee jump from it. If it is accepted practice to eat snails there, they will have to swallow a kilo of them.

But despite all that, the American program is high quality for the genre. The competitors are fairly intelligent and polite and ever since there has been a reality category for the prestigious Emmy Awards, "The Amazing Race" has won it every year. It devotes little time to intrigue, even though they do show the pairs quarreling among themselves. It tends not to become a freak show (even once when a very short woman participated with her normal-height cousin, who was nasty, and the two fought with the other pairs just like two shrews from a children's fable). By the way, the only time they deviated from the series' format and got families rather than couples to compete against one another, the season failed.

The finale of the Israeli program has not yet been filmed. it will take place only after the program is being broadcast and the contestants will have become familiar faces to the public. This is a significant difference from the American format and in this tiny country where everyone knows everyone else, it could have a considerable effect on the speed in which the contestants advance to their goal.

The hasty skipping from country to country that is accepted practice in the program is in bad taste. Clearly there is more to France than a croissant, but the "set design" - scenery from different parts of the world - is spectacular. Only on rare occasions do situations arise that are truly inconvenient. That is what happened during one of the seasons when the pairs visited Poland.

The anticipated discomfort could be sensed from the moment the plane touched down in Warsaw. And indeed, the most infamous site in history was made part of the program.

One minute the pairs could be seen fighting each other over the most important objective of all - to win $1 million - filled with ambition and bursting with sporting spirits, and then they were informed that they were due to take a bus to Auschwitz.

On arrival, they had to light memorial candles on the tracks of the trains that led to the gate of the camp. The program did indeed slow down its crazy speed for a few moments and the playing of a mournful violin was heard in the background.

One of the participants had a revelation and testified that the experience had led him to see the arguments between them in the correct proportions. But at the end of all this, they happily went on their way to the next task - eating Polish kielbasa sausages which they had prepared with their own hands. One of the contestants said of this particular task that it was the most difficult thing she had ever done.

"The Amazing Race," which is a play on words of the well known American hymnal "Amazing Grace," takes place all over the world, but the program has been produced only in a few versions - in Asia, Brazil and central Europe (where it has since been put on hiatus) and in Latin America.

It is to be hoped that the participants in the Israeli version of the speedy tourism program will make do with learning the customs of the places they visit and will not take along with them customs of their own, such as stealing faucets and trying to inculcate the natives with songs of the Israel Defense Forces' Golani Brigade. 

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1059455.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
:funny: Made me laugh, very clever!

But that is big news about the finale, right??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
:funny: Made me laugh, very clever!

But that is big news about the finale, right??

it sucks...
after what happened with the israeli Survivor I expected  that they are going to screw it up...  and keeping the final to after the filming is just shamefull.
I won't be suprised if they add SMS voting to the mix - the same producers almost did the same thing in survivor but were denied from the show's origial creators.

it's horrible.  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
What is SMS voting? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
Lol. Loved that. For tourists on steroids! ahahahaha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Some firsts:
Step Father / Step Daughter
Business Partners...this doesn't sound good...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »
their business will crumble lol

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
What is SMS voting? ???

SMS is mobile phone text messaging , producers usually relay on the public texting for their favorites fro extra money.
in the fist season  of Israeli survivor the producers (the same one's that are in charge on the Amazing RacE) wanted the winner will be determined by text messaging , they were denied by the original creators of Survivor that hold the rights to the format, in the end the voting and the finale trible council took place on live TV months after filming, they also manneged to sneak a contestant that was liked by the public but was eliminated early to the finales (gladly he came in second place) by using a twisted "Island of the Dead" twist.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »
oh like AI, not TAR-like at all...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline pashy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:01 AM »
Hi,
the race is starting Thursday february 5th.
http://www.amazingrace.co.il

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »
Thanks pashy! :waves:

Do you by chance have an embed code for that fabulous video??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »
A LONG interview with the TARI producer Ravit Lior-Mandel,

Here is a brief excerpt:

Winning formula  

By Doron Halutz / Photo by Yanai Yehiel 

... Ravit Lior-Mandel, the woman who brought us 'Survivor,' is now preparing the Israeli version of the Emmy award-winning 'The Amazing Race.' On your mark, get set 

.Ravit Lior-Mandel can't keep her eyes open and the bags under them are prominent on her smooth face. In addition to her crazy work hours and precious little sleep, she now has a mysterious eye infection. Mandel is in a race against time, but she's used to it. "I worked that way during the entire filming of 'Survivor,'" she explains ...

Major transformation

.The original version of "The Amazing Race" has been screened in the United States since 2001 and has won the Emmy award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program every year since 2003. The show is basically a contest among 10 couples who race all over the world, carrying out special tasks determined by the producers: for example, to dig for gold, to milk snake venom or to ski in the Alps. Some parts of the race are elimination stages, after which the couple that arrives last is ousted. The tasks are based on knowledge, concentration, and navigational and physical abilities. The contestants do not always know where the other couples are, or what their next destination will be

".Mandel says that because of the differences between the Israeli and American audiences, the program has undergone a major transformation: "An Israeli audience prefers tasks that touch on emotions, the gut - that bring people to a mental or physical extreme or which contain humor. Society here consists of warm, impulsive and extroverted people, who want to see what they would do in such situations. In the American format the emphasis is on sports and on the race itself - which couple arrives first, how long it takes. To the Israeli audience it's also important how they carried out the task and what they felt during it, and in what creative way they dealt with it. For the Americans that's of secondary importance

".Mandel joined the filming abroad for two weeks out of the two months. "I experienced more gas-station food than I've ever experienced in my life. We were in places with inconceivable poverty and misery. There's no cola and no bathroom; there's no such thing as a restaurant. You live in a van and eat fruit. I went through entire days of the race - 10 tasks a day that include mud, mosquitoes, the worst-smelling markets you can imagine, trips in a rickety vehicle. And it's hot. And everything has to be done very quickly ... And when you reach the end, after 18 hours on your feet, exhausted from a day of running around without eating or drinking, you have to board a plane for the next destination to get there before the contestants. And when you finally land you have to call a production meeting. I returned looking like a Holocaust survivor, in terrible condition. It's a tremendous physical and mental effort ... I always did series about fashion and lifestyle; this is not my natural incarnation

?Why should people want to work hard in a program like "The Amazing Race" if they can win the big prize on the "Big Brother" sofa

".Every program has its own price. In 'Big Brother,' you may not run around or eat worms, but the level of exposure and the absence of filters over the long term leads to a loss of any privacy. But people come to reality not for the prize, but mainly to get out of their routine. These are people who lead a conformist way of life, but a little bird is chirping in their head, saying 'Let's try something else.' Dan Mano and Noam Tor, for example, did not come to 'Survivor' due to a vision of some modeling contract waiting at the end of the road; they were looking for an interesting platform for leaving the routine and the norms, for undergoing an experience that wouldn't arise again. People who come from a background like Dan's don't need TV for money and fame; they can get it in other ways, too"

?Is participating in a reality show a good springboard for a future career in television

".People make a connection between success on a reality show and success as a TV personality, but that's not realistic. Nor do I understand the press that confirms this illusion. These series are an excellent platform for demonstrating abilities that you have, but a successful appearance on a reality show says nothing whatsoever about your ability as a TV personality. It doesn't turn you into a talent"

?So why do people draw this connection

".A reality show turns people who are totally anonymous into part of the viewers' lives. They are your guests on the screen twice a week. You feel that as a viewer you know them from every possible angle, and make the mistake of believing that what you see can also be a basis for maintaining other programs with a different format. You also see people who are edited, and what happens when they have to offer insight in the studio in real time, without distillation, is not always related to what you saw on the reality show"

.Recently it was discovered that one of the stars of the Israeli reality show "Project Y" committed suicide

I'm not fully acquainted with the details. The moment you lose your anonymity and become public property is very stressful and unexpected. Like any upheaval in life, it's liable to bring you to low places, but as in everything there also has to be a previous basis to it ... It's impossible to declare that participation in a reality show, like the warnings of the Ministry of Health on cigarettes, is damaging to your health." W"

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1059923.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
Has a premiere date been set for this new show yet?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »
Has a premiere date been set for this new show yet?

This week , february fifth

every leg will be split to two episodes that will be aired in the same week at thursday and at saturday.
I have seen some new promoes that contain cuts from several legs, I recognized Vietnam, China and South Africa.
from the spolier about the second leg and the previews (teams doing tasks at Vietnam)  I think that the team that is eliminated in Cape Town are the Beauty Queens but I could be wrong...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Hanna and Margalit the Kibbutz Members look like the older team and remind me of Grandmothers which they are so that will be great. But they look like a first boot!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
Hanna and Margalit the Kibbutz Members look like the older team and remind me of Grandmothers which they are so that will be great. But they look like a first boot!

kiwi, where did you find their names and the Grandmother info? Did you find a site in English somewhere, or do you read Hebrew?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule: