Author Topic: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings  (Read 177516 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »
far out  :cmaslol :cmas11
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
I stumbled across this blog reference:
http://summertravelinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/johannesburg-fastest-paced-city-in.html

Be warned though, Johannesburg, is the busiest city in South Africa. However the street systems are as advanced as any \first world\ country. Now get out of the Rat Race of Johannesburg. Fifteen to twenty kilometres north away from the hustle and bustle is the \Cradle of Humankind\, declared a world heritage site. The theory is that creation stemmed from the cradle of human kind and the oldest human fossil was found in the caves, \The Wonder Caves\, recently featured as part of the television reality show \The Amazing Race\. Adjacent to them is a couple of game parks, large enough to wet your appetite for the great Kruger National Park later in your vacation.

Now, did they mean TAR 7? ???  But recently??!!

http://www.wildcaves.co.za/index2006.php?var=home.html

Or since this seems to be a copycat race, did they go there again? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »
Peach, unless my memory is failing me(possible right at this moment), in early November there were some posts about South Africa and because the timing was coincident with when we knew AR14 was in Europe we classified the sightings as belonging to Amazing Race Israel.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2008, 12:55:02 AM »
I remember that, thats where Gretchen was hurt in the cave (TAR7)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »
Peach, unless my memory is failing me(possible right at this moment), in early November there were some posts about South Africa and because the timing was coincident with when we knew AR14 was in Europe we classified the sightings as belonging to Amazing Race Israel.

I know of course that Cape Town was TAR Israel (pretty team pictures), I am wondering about the caves and Jo-burg though? Recent may mean recent or to them maybe TAR 7 is recently aired or something.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2008, 08:10:39 AM »
let's see what we have:

team 1 :attractive thirtyish looking guys
team 2 : younger female(hate to be mean but transexual?)/older male - father dougther maybe?
team 3: older couple
team 4: young blondes in pink
team 5: attractive thirtyish looking brunettes
team 6: older weman, wearing bizzare bracelets
team 7: young male physician and young female with a suitcase
team 8: beuty queens
team 9: young couple in white, probably newlyweds
team 10: two guys , one is chubby. dress young but it's  hard to tell from this pic...

Do you think this is all that hey have? Not 11? Because those two guys in red shirts seen in Phuket are not in these pics.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2014/TAR14Sukhothaiteam.png

OR actually, they could be team 10... but I think it's very unlikely.

ETA: I've just read some past posts in this thread mentioning about Peking Express. NVM then.  :cmaslol
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:18:14 AM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »
Hi Hakushu8! Great to see you again! :waves:

That picture is actually in Sukhothai Thailand and is the one team that we haven't conclusively placed within a race framework yet...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2008, 07:48:26 AM »
According To Reshet Are Only 10 Teams.  :cmas10
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
it is rumors  that  Raz Meirman is the host if the amzing race irsarl .he is amodel if i find in picture i will post

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
it is rumors  that  Raz Meirman is the host if the amzing race irsarl .he is amodel if i find in picture i will post
It's no rumor, just check wiki  *cough* :res:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
i will try ask my friend form youtube  some  nfoormation about him

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »
models models models galore, mactors mactors mactors galore
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2009, 04:41:52 AM »
pashy's site has a pic of what looks like the same guy:

http://www.amazingrace.co.il/race/Page-3.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2009, 06:22:07 AM »
My question is is it likely that TAR Israel will have english subtitles? Tar Brazil didn't and therefore I couldn't watch it. I have a feeling however that english is more commonly spoken in Israel than in Brazil.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »
Wouldn't that be great? :yess:

But prelim info looks like filmed and to be aired in Hebrew....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
yes it probably will be hebrew. I have to translate everything  (:;)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
do you thing it be celbrity because asia had that  :duno:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
models models models galore, mactors mactors mactors galore
Actually, that's what I thought when I saw the promo
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2009, 12:19:51 AM »
 :lol: yip

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2009, 01:36:47 AM »
having watched the israeli versions of survivor and big brother I kind of expacted a mactor casting in the race, but let me remaind you guys that it's not that deiffrent in the american version...
there are too many "hot girls" teams (3 out of 10) in this season  and I think it's really unnecessary but expacted from israeli casting.
I think this season will end up like the seconed asian version where a hot guy team will always be in the 1st spot and all the female teams will be lagging far behind... I am hoping that the older teams could survive the first lags and the mactor teams will be elyminated in the begining but I highly doubt it will happen  :'(

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »
retardboi, when I look at the pictures and brief descriptions of the teams (reference your post #173), I find these:

team 3: older couple
team 6: older women, wearing bizarre bracelets

Your concern for the "older couple" is hopefully misplaced. None of the couple on team 3 or the older woman on team 6 appear to me to be more than their 40s in age. I hope you are not suggesting that 20-somethings will win over 40-somethings. It obviously depends on the tasks they have to do. The non-fit Mardy/Mariso did pretty well in ARA1. The non-fit Henry and Terri did pretty well in ARA2. The marginally fit team Bernie and Henry lacked  by one year Bernie's age 39 for making the 40 something club and they did well. These teams all came in around 4th or 5th place. There is no reason I can think of that an older couple should not be competitive up to and in the Finale for Amazing Race Israel if they are mentally and physically fit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
Some info on the Cape Town leg, sent to Rob who forwarded it to me. Thanks Rob and thank you so very much Callandor :ty

Hi Rob

I was at the Cape Town: Amazing Race pitstop. I wrote about my experience at www.tvsa.co.za towards the end of November under Callandor.

Here are my 3 posts:

First time I've posted in a while. Wrt TAR at Rhodes Mem. Was there! Got phoned by a friend (who I think is the same friend as yours Batchick, and getting married next week). Since I live very close, thought I'd wander up there. Was there from 6:30 to 10, mingling with the camera crew, and saw teams 3 to 10 (last team) come in.

It was the second leg. It was Amazing Race Israel. Last 3 teams were very close together. 3 all-female teams.

2 blond girls (looked like sisters) were almost eliminated, and just made it in time. They had a big argument with one of the production staff afterwards. From what I gathered, they had finished first in the first leg, which ended in PE. The second leg went from PE to CT. They seem however to have got off in George, not CT, which is very possible, as the PE-CT trip actually stops over in George. They seem to have driven from George to CT. Couldn't quite work out the details, or why they were so upset with the production staff. But they seem to have asked one of the producers on the plane "Do we get off here?" and seemed to think that they were misled. I'm not sure I have all the details correct. Not used to trying to overhear conversations, and felt quite bad doing so, even though it was in the open, but this is The Amazing Race (or at least a version thereof)

The 2 blonde girls are the 2 girls in pink who are featured prominently on your forum.

2nd post:

They were pretty mad. The 2 girls that got eliminated were inconsolable, sobbing afterwards.

What was quite funny was that they made quite a few of the contestants refilm the running up to "Israeli Phil" on the mat. This happened particularly when they were bunched up, and one team would arrive while another team was still being interviewed on the mat. (Interviews would be 5 to 10 minutes on the mat). They would let the team run up to the mat, and get greeted (by some local blonde beauty queen). Then they would reshoot the run-up. Quite funny to see the teams ham-acting the second time round. Huge screams of joy, exclamations of relief, burying of heads into hands. Very funny!

Also got to hear all the walkie-talkie action. All in English, which was interesting. Most of the crew seemed to be either American or South African. Couple of different crews. I just hung out there, and people seemed to assume I was part of one of the crews. A couple of times I was mistaken for one of the drivers to take the contestants back to wherever they were staying. Having chatted to the South Africans who were actually driving, I would just shake my head and point to the appropriate person. One American guy asked me to do something technical which I didn't understand, so I just smiled and looked past him vaguely.

Getting back to the Walkie-Talkie action, my favourite part was when the one producer announced "The last 4 teams have just left the last challenge. Arriving any moment". Everybody was craning their necks, watching for car lights, speculating as to which team would arrive next. ("Car lights approaching! Is that one of the teams? Confirm? Is that one of the teams? Which team is it? Everybody, get ready!")

From what I gathered, the teams went to the Waterfront, to a wine farm in Stellenbosch, sand duning somewhere, and to Langa (where the Roadblock involved eating a smiley). There were probably a couple of other activities.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:47 AM »
Thank you, I was looking for those! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule: