Author Topic: Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings  (Read 177307 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:41:49 AM »
We will keep the Israel sightings in this board for now until we can sort out which sightings belong where, thanks--puddin :)

Mini TARI Timeline (to keep us separate from TAR 14!):

click on the DATES for links and further info  :tup:     blue is confirmed: ie photo or other strong evidence

Nov 4   teams seen at V&A waterfront Cape Town  (photo evidence)

Nov 4-5   flags seen @ Rhodes Memorial Hall, Cape Town  (thanks to batchick! via Mrs Shrek)  photo evidence

Nov 6, 7, 8 possible Vietnam (tip to peach)

Nov 9 flight Singapore to Japan  airport sighting  thanks to Michael for the find!

unconfirmed date   Japan  "teams of two followed everywhere by a camera-man while they frantically ran around a park and rowed in canoes out to a little island in the middle of a large pond"  team sighting Thanks to Michael for the find!

Nov 11 Teams seen at HK Central Pier #9:  (thanks to kaad)
Video here (thanks to kaad and hongdomoto)

Nov 12 Victoria Peak HK  (thanks to Mrs Shrek) photo evidence

unconfirmed date Macau (obtaining a clue in the Venetian Hotel, eating Almond Cookies in a Koi Kei bakery on Rua Felcidade 70-72, and labelled dragon heads in Senado Square  photo evidence originally posted by skf123 in the HK discussion thread, but :ty3: to Anthonyctf for sharing it with us!

Nov 15 Sydney  "early this morning Sydney time (ard 2.30am) at Harry's Pies in Woolloomooloo" (thanks to dhall)  photo evidence

Nov 15 Sydney: The Rocks pub (under the Sydney bridge) team sighting (thanks to puddin)

Nov 15 Sydney harbor  (thanks to Mrs Shrek) team sighting

Nov 15 Sydney: Sydney Hilton on George St (possible rappel??)  (thanks to Mrs Shrek) production sighting

Nov 15 Sydney Harbor --team sighting  (thanks to Mrs Shrek)

Nov 15 Manly Beach (Sydney) --newspaper report of team sightings and clue under a sunbathing beauty! Thanks to Bill1978 at TwoP

date unconfirmed Sydney, Manly Beach to obtain a clue, possible further detour at Shelly beach  team sighting  (thanks to wem787 at TWoP)

Nov 22 Michael McKay (Producer) re-appears on the AXN boards, perhaps suggesting that TARI had wrapped shortly before ...(spec)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding this FWIW:

From a South African TV forum:

http://www.tvsa.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=13962

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:56:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Spoilers (?)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
Thanks Neobie for all that!! :jumpy:

Adding this FWIW:

From a South African TV forum:

http://www.tvsa.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=13962

So they went to Cape Town and someone found a red and yellow marked flag on Rhodes Memorial?  I'd found an info on that place via wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Memorial

BTW, since someone said here that there's a sighting of some TAR 14 contestants found in Frankfurt, I know that there's a flight connection between that city to Cape Town thru Lufthansa which that same airline company also been used by the 3 remaining teams of Amazing Race Asia 2 when they'd raced to Cape Town after the 2 Hungarian legs but they'd had a connecting flights on Frankfurt.  Hmmm, and probably if ever, they'll might copy some of the tasks that are found on TARA 2 on the Cape Town leg episode there like one on the sand dune thing which is my favorite part on that episode.  So, what do you think?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
Okay one more for today, :lol:

I can't be any more definite than this, but I have received some information that suggests that there is a possibility of TAR filming in Vietnam on 11/6, 7, and 8.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Israel
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:01:53 AM »
The original poster of the Cape Town spoiler just put this up:

So, I ducked out of work early to do marking at home. On the way out from campus I took this pic. Apologies for quality, but cell phone and perplexed security guard meant I didn't get close enough.

You have to be a member to see it (:;)
Anybody care to join that board to get a look at it?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and maybe spoilers?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:33:18 AM »
I already registered from before but I'm assuming peach is already through the registration process so I'll let her post the picture so she didn't waste her time  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Israel
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
I have it :hides

edited to credit batchick @ South African TV forum
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:40:43 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
i
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:51 AM »
But I'm not sure that looks like us, do y'all?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Israel
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:02 AM »
Thanks Puddin!

Looking good!  That's a Pit Stop to me.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
University of Cape Town map:

http://nom.uct.ac.za/cgi-bin/map.cgi
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 02:47:23 AM »
Well, obviously they can't be both in Romania AND in Cape Town on 11/4-5....

I'm still thinking those Cape Town flags are awfully big...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline batchick

• RFF Not So Newbie
Israel
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:27 AM »
Hey all, batchick from the SA forum here. Given the info from Romania, the Cape Town stuff does look a bit suspect. The flags were big, but I thought that maybe they needed to be that large as its a pretty unobvious road.
Would be great if they were here, Cape Town is an awesome place, but the romania link sounds much more likely now.

I hope whoever's put up those big markers got permission from the Race. Aren't those colours trade marked or something? I know we have quite a lot of companies organising their own races for fun (hell, our forum even did a couple of years back), but generally people steer clear of using official colours.

Dammit, we were excited this side - esp since yesterday was such a beautiful day. I thought it might be possible as South Africa's trying to get on every programme at the moment to push the location ahead of the 2010 Football (Soccer) World Cup.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:41 AM »
Oh :welcome2: batchick!! Hope you will forgive us for shamelessly  :-[ stealing your beautiful picture--we were so excited! :jumpy:

The colors are right, and I don't think they have a monopoly on them--we see Corporate faux Amazing Race groups using them all the time.

The thing that bothers me is the size--they tend to use smaller more discrete ones  around towns...

It would be wonderful if we could find out WHY those flags were there--do you think someone at the University would know? Maybe the newspaper?

We would have loved it if it was us though--it has been too long since they were there! Although there is a small possibility that TARAsia was there in early June... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline batchick

• RFF Not So Newbie
Israel
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:36 AM »
The odds of finding out any more are pretty slim. Its weird though, as according to my friend who went for a jog there last night, there was defs something TV related happening: 'Not sure how much you saw but I ran up to Rhodes Mem after work yesterday (around 6:15pm) and it definitely looked like the pitstop. There were many banners and a camera set up as well as a camera truck and production people etc. We weren't allowed into the Rhodes Mem paved area but the pitstop area was near the road so you could see in. The spotlights were on so they were still expecting people but I didn't see Phil anywhere and while I was running up and down the hill, no cars with camera people passed me (although there was one closed Budget rent-a-truck ...) I think it's likely that they finished the leg during the afternoon and that the contestants were in their 12 hour rest period. That would explain the lack of urgency (and low security) as they are basically just waiting for the first contestants to leave again at 3am or something.'

We don't go through that kind of level of TV set up for anything else really. We do shoot a lot of international commercials and movies around here, but they'd not have the colours.  Other than TAR Asia are there any other international TARs around?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »
I'm confused batchick...

Were those banners in the picture we saw at the entrance to Rhodes Memorial or at one of the University entrances?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
Quote from: Peach
I'm still thinking those Cape Town flags are awfully big...
They've been used before. Here are the flags from San Gabriel de las Palmas, Season 03 Ep 01

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:26 PM »
This from a blogger in Cape Town:

Then I realized what I was seeing. A couple ran up and put on a pair of overalls and boots and then began to attempt to match the "dance" of these performers. The finished and passed a hat around the crowd for tips. After they had enough tips they were handed a yellow envelope with a clue inside . . . yep I saw the filming for the Amazing Race! This Amazing Race is being done by Israel and they were here in Cape Town and I saw them - FUN!! I also was able to watch a second couple come in shortly after the first couple and they also "earned" their envelope. Wow!

So it looks like 2 TARs running at the same time!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Israel
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
OH WOW!! :hearts:

Our first Israel sighting!

oH my gosh are we going to get confused now, lol...

Good job walkingpneumonia!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Israel
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 01:39:36 PM »
Got it, pictures and everything.

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
Israel
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
It's me again!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

http://www31.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=7836415&extra=page%3D1&page=68

Just saw post #1013:
The poser said that he saw a clue box at Central Pier No.9(Hong Kong) last night(1st(Sorry for the mistake!) 11th November), and he wasn't sure is it US version or not.(but i guess it is!) In addition, he saw 5 teams got a clue from the box:  2 teams got it on 7:30pm and 3teams got it on 8:45pm.

Wow!!It's Hong Kong AGAIN! I'm FELT SO EXCITEDDDDD :yess:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:58:11 AM by kaad »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »
Maybe the Israeli TAR?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Israel
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:58 AM »
Thanks kaad, but I agree its Israel's version  :groan:. They are racing around Asia.....
Anyway if anyones interested you can read about the Israel version here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Israel
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 01:34:26 AM »

Just saw post #1013:
The poser said that he saw a clue box at Central Pier No.9(Hong Kong) last night(1st November), and he wasn't sure is it US version or not.(but i guess it is!) In addition, he saw 5 teams got a clue from the box:  2 teams got it on 7:30pm and 3teams got it on 8:45pm.

You mean Nov 11th right kaad?

best translation I can get  :lol: ^^ What kaad wrote

Quotation:
The original placard publishes by hongdomoto in 2008-11-12 12:42 PM
Writes the over-formal language, last night November 11, in the intermediate belt ninth wharf saw has clue box, side does not know national edition already The Amazing Race, I saw that has 5 teams people to carry clue, distinguishes 2 team 7:30pm, 3 team 8:45pm

I am The Amazing Race already Fans, can 夠 see other countries with own eyes at the competition, feels really excitedly, also not… 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Israel
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »

Just saw post #1013:
The poser said that he saw a clue box at Central Pier No.9(Hong Kong) last night(1st November), and he wasn't sure is it US version or not.(but i guess it is!) In addition, he saw 5 teams got a clue from the box:  2 teams got it on 7:30pm and 3teams got it on 8:45pm.

You mean Nov 11th right kaad?

best translation I can get  :lol: ^^ What kaad wrote

Quotation:
The original placard publishes by hongdomoto in 2008-11-12 12:42 PM
Writes the over-formal language, last night November 11, in the intermediate belt ninth wharf saw has clue box, side does not know national edition already The Amazing Race, I saw that has 5 teams people to carry clue, distinguishes 2 team 7:30pm, 3 team 8:45pm

I am The Amazing Race already Fans, can 夠 see other countries with own eyes at the competition, feels really excitedly, also not… 

omg, if it's november 11th it COULD  be our race!
Peach said she heard the teams would be in Vietnam around November 7, 8, or 9...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
R
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 02:12:20 AM »
This was posted by a new user at sucks named Cozmo.

Teams and their camera crews were seen in Hong Kong on the evening of November 11th collecting their clues from a clue box on a pier by the harbour. I saw four teams come through while I was there.

IA with puddin in thinking that it's TAR isreal or w/e it's called, but just thought i'd post it here too.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:16:45 AM by Michael »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:47 AM »
Have a feeling too, that this belongs in TAR: Israel, but it doesn't hurt spoiling an extra race!

Given how the teams are grouped so closely, I'd say they've just arrived in Hong Kong and are separated by the flights they took. Managed to find a timetable of landings in Hong Kong last night on the airport website; put flights arriving 75 minutes apart side by side (one line represents one minute in the chart), and here's what we have:

These combinations don't look that good for transfer flights. The only ones begging for an investigation are Kaohsiung/Taipei/Taichung and Kuala Lumpur/Bangkok. Bangkok has a couple of matching pairs, but there are always other options landing between two corresponding flights. One pair of flights, though, kinda stands out.

6.42pm on 5J118: Manila
7.56pm on CX918: Manila

Flights arriving 74 minutes apart; sightings 75 minutes apart. What do you guys think?

Background information: The Airport Express takes 21 minutes to get from the airport to Hong Kong Station, 3 minutes walk from Central Pier. Trains run every 12 minutes. A taxi would take approximately the same time, maybe even longer, especially in the evening rush hour across the harbour.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:58:44 AM by Neobie »