The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

Amazing Race Israel Spoilers/Sightings

<< < (3/61) > >>

batchick:
Hey all, batchick from the SA forum here. Given the info from Romania, the Cape Town stuff does look a bit suspect. The flags were big, but I thought that maybe they needed to be that large as its a pretty unobvious road.
Would be great if they were here, Cape Town is an awesome place, but the romania link sounds much more likely now.

I hope whoever's put up those big markers got permission from the Race. Aren't those colours trade marked or something? I know we have quite a lot of companies organising their own races for fun (hell, our forum even did a couple of years back), but generally people steer clear of using official colours.

Dammit, we were excited this side - esp since yesterday was such a beautiful day. I thought it might be possible as South Africa's trying to get on every programme at the moment to push the location ahead of the 2010 Football (Soccer) World Cup.

georgiapeach:
Oh :welcome2: batchick!! Hope you will forgive us for shamelessly  :-[ stealing your beautiful picture--we were so excited! :jumpy:

The colors are right, and I don't think they have a monopoly on them--we see Corporate faux Amazing Race groups using them all the time.

The thing that bothers me is the size--they tend to use smaller more discrete ones  around towns...

It would be wonderful if we could find out WHY those flags were there--do you think someone at the University would know? Maybe the newspaper?

We would have loved it if it was us though--it has been too long since they were there! Although there is a small possibility that TARAsia was there in early June... ;)

batchick:
The odds of finding out any more are pretty slim. Its weird though, as according to my friend who went for a jog there last night, there was defs something TV related happening: 'Not sure how much you saw but I ran up to Rhodes Mem after work yesterday (around 6:15pm) and it definitely looked like the pitstop. There were many banners and a camera set up as well as a camera truck and production people etc. We weren't allowed into the Rhodes Mem paved area but the pitstop area was near the road so you could see in. The spotlights were on so they were still expecting people but I didn't see Phil anywhere and while I was running up and down the hill, no cars with camera people passed me (although there was one closed Budget rent-a-truck ...) I think it's likely that they finished the leg during the afternoon and that the contestants were in their 12 hour rest period. That would explain the lack of urgency (and low security) as they are basically just waiting for the first contestants to leave again at 3am or something.'

We don't go through that kind of level of TV set up for anything else really. We do shoot a lot of international commercials and movies around here, but they'd not have the colours.  Other than TAR Asia are there any other international TARs around?

georgiapeach:
I'm confused batchick...

Were those banners in the picture we saw at the entrance to Rhodes Memorial or at one of the University entrances?

Slowhatch:

--- Quote from: Peach ---I'm still thinking those Cape Town flags are awfully big...
--- End quote ---
They've been used before. Here are the flags from San Gabriel de las Palmas, Season 03 Ep 01

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version