Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171078 times)

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »
is today football overtime  :umn:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2008, 11:48:06 AM »

Football overtime on CBS today.  Estimate start time for TAR to be around 8:30PM plus or minus.

Other matters:

I'm a wee bit confused (so what else is new?)

We have teams at the sub to be between 9:49 and 10:47AM

We have Dandrew closeups in sun at Victory Park between 12:34 and 12:45PM

We have Dandrrew doing the speedbump folk dance between 5:00 and 6:30PM

What are the boys doing between 12:34 and 6:30PM???   I thought that they did the dance at the Victory Park location?

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »
i hate that, well thank you  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »

Football overtime on CBS today.  Estimate start time for TAR to be around 8:30PM plus or minus.

Other matters:

I'm a wee bit confused (so what else is new?)

We have teams at the sub to be between 9:49 and 10:47AM

We have Dandrew closeups in sun at Victory Park between 12:34 and 12:45PM

We have Dandrrew doing the speedbump folk dance between 5:00 and 6:30PM

What are the boys doing between 12:34 and 6:30PM???   I thought that they did the dance at the Victory Park location?

They do the dance at Sokolniki Park Gman, what was done inbetween I dunno? Victory park might have something to do with the Roadblock, at least thats what I think, lol

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Maybe it's like the roadblock in Sydney in TAR2....where one member did the walking tour around the Opera house? I do know that is makes no sense to me!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »
Maybe the reason that nick and starr are held at the end is a time penalty or somthing like it was a walking tour and they used the taxi or cause they took the taxi from Ken.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
It might be taking the taxi. But The Amazing race hasn't given a penalty for taking a taxi, has it? Maybe in the asia edition.  ???
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:57:59 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
has anyone ever taken another teams taxi I cant recall. It could be a first

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #458 on: November 30, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »
Teams have taken others' taxis. Like in season 7 Rob and Amber took Debbie and Bianca's.

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
Then i guess it could be another time penalty who knows.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
Just reviewed all the info from our eyewitness, and this is the only thing I found that we may not have discussed much? This was why she thought there could have been a party, while I always wondered if it could have been the actual spend-the-night-here-pitstop.

after the first two teams came in, we decided to walk around. behind the big building, directly behind the lenin statue, there's a really amazing pavillion - i suppose you'd call it - with tons of beautiful statues and fountains and buildings. one particular one, at the very back, had epic carvings all over the walls. i had to go to the bathroom so i wondered inside looking for a loo. i nice young guys stopped me saying that i couldnt' go in as they were planning a big party. i asked if it was for the amazing race and he smirked and said it's confidential.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »
Sorry i did not read the whole thread but when did Dandrew get doused in water by the truck could they have left the passports in the taxi when they got soaked?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »
Final analysis, I swear.

I looked long and hard at the cylinder shadow on the lamppost.  I also figured out that the video was shot from the third fountain back from the cross street.  Earlier I had it at the second fountain.

This picture was taken between 3:41 and 4:12 pm (assumes May 13th).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:51:56 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
Just reviewed all the info from our eyewitness, and this is the only thing I found that we may not have discussed much? This was why she thought there could have been a party, while I always wondered if it could have been the actual spend-the-night-here-pitstop.

after the first two teams came in, we decided to walk around. behind the big building, directly behind the lenin statue, there's a really amazing pavillion - i suppose you'd call it - with tons of beautiful statues and fountains and buildings. one particular one, at the very back, had epic carvings all over the walls. i had to go to the bathroom so i wondered inside looking for a loo. i nice young guys stopped me saying that i couldnt' go in as they were planning a big party. i asked if it was for the amazing race and he smirked and said it's confidential.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens at the deciding point for the finale three for each leg.  A way for the racers to celebrate their success or like in Season 4 so goodbye to the 4th placed team.  If so then damn I don't think I would want to be there this season.

Its something you might want to ask them (and past season racers) at TAR CON.

Offline beatlelovr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
Okay, long time lurker that has finally decided to bust out of the shadows.  You all are fantastic, shall I say Amazing?   :tup:

My contribution to this mindblowing episode is to take a step back and stop overthinking and reaching.  Most prefer Dandrew to be eliminated so we've been looking for ways to make that happen. The simple fact is that Toni and Dallas haven't been spotted in Portland making them "ultimately" unable to cross the finish or so it appears.

Again fantastic job, season after season, to the super sleuths of RFF. :ty

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:27:20 PM by beatlelovr »

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
I believe there were no sightings of N/S either.  So maybe T/D and N/S came in earlier than the cameras came so they were not sighted and K/T were so far behind this leg that they came in on a later flight with DanDrew.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »
Did you ever get a feel for how much later than the others D/A were checking in last week? Even I could tell the light was later.

Ken & Tina's check in time was 6:30 pm plus or minus 30 min.

Dandrew's check in time was 8:00 pm plus or minus 30 min.

Chateau, I am not questioning those estimates. However, both of them are well after the "drop-dead" time needed to make the 705am flight unless there was a pitstop of less than 12 hours. We know that leg 10 was run May 13 and we know that leg 11 for the competing teams was May 14 in Portland.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
apskip, those are the check in times for last week's mat, I was trying to figure out how far behind D/A will be at the release this week.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline CanadaGoose

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:58 PM »
Chateau, I am not questioning those estimates. However, both of them are well after the "drop-dead" time needed to make the 705am flight unless there was a pitstop of less than 12 hours. We know that leg 10 was run May 13 and we know that leg 11 for the competing teams was May 14 in Portland.
I'm lousy at figuring out what day it is halfway around the world, but do the dates above account for that?

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
I believe there were no sightings of N/S either.  So maybe T/D and N/S came in earlier than the cameras came so they were not sighted and K/T were so far behind this leg that they came in on a later flight with DanDrew.

i dont think so because if you look in a picture you can see that all the teams catched on the detour/roadblock, i belive dandrew have not done there speedbump  :umn:

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
Okay, long time lurker that has finally decided to bust out of the shadows.  You all are fantastic, shall I say Amazing?   :tup:

My contribution to this mindblowing episode is to take a step back and stop overthinking and reaching.  Most prefer Dandrew to be eliminated so we've been looking for ways to make that happen. The simple fact is that Toni and Dallas haven't been spotted in Portland making them "ultimately" unable to cross the finish or so it appears.

Again fantastic job, season after season, to the super sleuths of RFF. :ty

We are not really in denial, we are just trying to come up with possible ways for Dallas and Toni to make the final 3. After all, Dan and Andrew losing their passports would be the perfect ending to their storyline. As for me, I'm hanging on to the fact that BVM loves to jerk us around. He (and Phil) never came out and said that the team that doesn't make it to the finish line is one of the final 3. So I'm holding out hope that Dan and Andrew lost their documents and were eliminated in Moscow, and that their new documents arrived too late to get them to the finish line when the teams came in (but in time to do some decoy work). We will know soon enough.

Offline beatlelovr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2008, 06:06:59 PM »
I would love for that to be the way it happens, Abby, I just can't get beyond the no sightings in Portland.  As much as I *see* it being Dandrew, the more I realized I was trying to convince myself. 

Hey, I hope that my first post will end up being totally wrong.  :lol:

Offline pitt02

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
But was Nick and Starr spotted in portland?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum beatlelovr and pitt02 and all the new members and even the lurkers  :hithere:

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
But was Nick and Starr spotted in portland?
i think they do spot nick and starr because in the interview with dallas