Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171088 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #425 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:11 AM »
I see it too Coutzy

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #426 on: November 30, 2008, 01:52:26 AM »
I suspected that might be it, I just didn't want to believe it because NICK AND STARR DESERVE TO DIE IN A FIRE (:;) *ahem*

And Kudos on the fast editing!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:00:37 AM by Coutzy »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #427 on: November 30, 2008, 01:54:28 AM »
It's not fair to speed bumpers of the past that Dandrew's Speed Bump task is located at the same place as the Speed Bump sign.  They don't have to go 30 miles off to some distant neighborhood and back again.   (:;)
Even crueler to insert the U-Turn there so I don't think that will be the case. Another look at Toni and her reaction might be that she and Dallas did not see the cluebox but Dandrew did and shes letting Dallas know.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2008, 01:54:59 AM »
In the sc of the group running to the sub, on the sub and 1 off color sc of Nick running from the sub he has the fanny pack over his right shoulder.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2008, 01:56:58 AM »
Thank God for Chataeu, and damn I wonder when the boys mange to get to the mat. What time do we think Ken & Tina get close to the MAt (thanks to the eye witness)?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2008, 02:07:16 AM »

Can anybody see N/S's fanny pack in that photo?

A bit off topic, but I only just thought of it.

It looks about the same in the shot of the teams arriving at the sub:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:01 AM »
This could of course all be completely irrelevant because the sub is a leveler so it would make sense to put it at the start of the leg, so my guess is all teams had their fanny packs at this point.

This photo also gives me the feeling that Nick and Starr aren't trying, I thought that Nick at least would be up at the front of the pack in a footrace?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:27 AM »
Thank God for Chataeu, and damn I wonder when the boys mange to get to the mat. What time do we think Ken & Tina get close to the MAt (thanks to the eye witness)?

The picture attached is from Robyn's friends album, Vanessa so this might be Robyn and friends leaving the All Russian Centre before they run into Tina and Ken. Sadly there is no photo data.
the team that vanessa took a pic of was obviously the first. i can't describe the 2nd team. we saw them at a difference. but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail. she was blond and wearing spandex pink. she was yelling at the guy she was with and they fought over the right direction. she sprinted the wrong way, then they figured it out. it was pretty funny.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:06 AM »
Here's my guess for teams' arrivals

1)  Toni & Dallas (sans fanny pack)
2)  Nick & Star
3)  Ken & Tina
4)  Dan & Andrew
5)  Toni & Dallas, again
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

Chateau, oh master of the protractor  :lol:,  did we ever get a definite time on Nick and Starrs pitstop? and with any luck maybe Tina and Ken near the entrance....
quote from Robyn:
Yes it was the 13th. the first of three teams came in around noon-2ish. i don't really remember exactly, just that it was very early. It had rained all morning and the sun came out around noon.

Hey Puddin, it's back here

I'd hedge it back to 4:00 to 4:30 pm.  I used the way there is a narrow line of light on the left side of the tall lamp posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2008, 02:19:15 AM »
This shot was taken here between 4:14 and 4:53 pm  (assumes May 11th).

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »
Could Toni's white hoodie help establish some type of order of events?

Reply 380  Toni at pitstop and running----No white

Reply 380  Toni talking----No white; at the clue box----White

Reply 393   Toni & Dallas ahead of Dan----White

Reply 394   Toni running along fence (only N/S)----No white    THIS IS RUNNING TO THE SUB

Reply 358   Toni running along fence (all but Dandrew)----No white    THIS IS RUNNING FROM THE SUB

Trying to figure how and why Dan is in a picture with Toni and Dallas.  T/D are supposed to be way ahead.

I'm thinking there's too many signs that do not look good for T/D.  I soooooo want them in F3.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:34 AM »
By the look of those photos I gather two things:

1. Tina is clearly holding their fanny pack.

2. By the look of the cloud cover, Ken and Tina check in before any rain? Wouldn't the clouds disperse after a rain?

Looking at the 'scenes from the next ep' at the end of This is Studly, Nick and Starr's cab issue is in clear skies, and when Dandrew does the speed bump (after the rain we've established) the skies appear to be clearer than those two shots of K/T.

Maybe grab all the pictures you can where the sky can be seen and establish some sort of order based on what we know about the weather on that day?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2008, 02:25:51 AM »
Here's my guess for teams' arrivals

1)  Toni & Dallas (sans fanny pack)
2)  Nick & Star
3)  Ken & Tina
4)  Dan & Andrew
5)  Toni & Dallas, again

You think its when they arrive at the pitstop that they realize they lost their stuff? and go back looking for it? That might be the case but, I'll go with the reporter, Nick and Starr first.

Staff Reporter

There was something about the way the camera crews were just waiting around that told me they weren't from the local Moscow news station.

And then there was the good-looking guy in the tan leather jacket talking in front of the camera. He seemed to be speaking English – unlike the Russian-speaking cameramen. And why was there a second crew 50 metres away, near a grand archway leading into the All-Russia Exhibition Centre?

Then it hit me.

"Guys!" I giddily turned to the seven friends I was travelling with, "I think this is The Amazing Race."

Within an hour or so the leather jacket guy – host Phil Keoghan –and a man dressed up in Soviet garb stationed themselves in front of a giant Lenin statue. Before long, a pair of haggard-looking twentysomethings, weighed down by backpacks, came barrelling through the archway. They were first. Hugs all round. And we were documenting it all.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:36 AM »
Within an hour or so the leather jacket guy – host Phil Keoghan –and a man dressed up in Soviet garb

Well I think we're all getting points on who the greeter is this week.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2008, 02:34:37 AM »
haha well you all have a good night :waves:

Thanks again Chateau  :kuss:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
That might be the case but, I'll go with the reporter, Nick and Starr first.

:neener:

I'm also going with the reporter ... on her report that Nick & Starr had to sit around and wait.  They may need to re-shoot the team numbers if Toni & Dallas get back with their fanny pack.  It could be that once you check in you don't get to go back to retrieve things (eg Dandrews shoes).   :duno:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2008, 02:42:34 AM »
That might be the case but, I'll go with the reporter, Nick and Starr first.

:neener:

I'm also going with the reporter ... on her report that Nick & Starr had to sit around and wait.  They may need to re-shoot the team numbers if Toni & Dallas get back with their fanny pack.  It could be that once you check in you don't get to go back to retrieve things (eg Dandrews shoes).   :duno:

That can't be entirely true because we've seen teams check in without their backpacks LOADS of times.

It's actually one of the things that frustrates me about the race.

I think they should put a rule in place that says you may only take stuff into the next leg if you checked in with it in the previous leg.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2008, 07:29:21 AM »
Rules question.

What are the requirements for being able to check in at the PitStop?
- completed all tasks
- followed directions (on foot vs. cab ride)

? fanny packs?
? passports?

Interesting how sometimes Teams get a time penalty and sometimes they must retrace their steps.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2008, 07:33:59 AM »
I believe this is obvious, but I will state it anyway.

For the lost passports and money to be quite significant, it would have to be a Team that did not arrive at the PitStop in last place.  If you are Philiminated (the first 3 teams did not lose their stuff) it does not matter (race standings wise) if you lost the passports/$$.

Or it could just be go promotion to get us all in a frenzy.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
Well it seems to me they have to go to the sub first. Because of HOH, they all get bunched and when the gates open, they run in, in the same order they finished Leg 9. DanDrew is nowhere to be seen. Probably a testement to how far behind they actually finished Leg 9. With them all running out of the sub at the same time,  in same order too, it make sense it is just to get a route marker.

When DanDrew leave the sub, it is either raining or just rained. When K/T get to Sculpture Park and N/S swipe their taxi, no rain yet there. After K/T finish whatever they have to do there and they go get a taxi, it starts raining, cuz she wants her jacket on...with a HOOD on it.

So to me, K/T are at Sculpture Park at about the same time as DanDrew are finishing the sub task. That means that T/D and N/S are in first and second and on to next task. I wish we could get a time on that pic of Dallas at Sculpture Garden, but it looks two cloudy. Or maybe a time when Nick it getting K/T's taxi. That looked pretty clear to me.

Well, what ever happens, in about 12 hours I can stop taking all this Excedrin.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:45:35 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »

When DanDrew leave the sub, it is either raining or just rained. When K/T get to Sculpture Park and N/S swipe their taxi, no rain yet there. After K/T finish whatever they have to do there and they go get a taxi, it starts raining, cuz she wants her jacket on...with a HOOD on it.

So to me, K/T are at Sculpture Park at about the same time as DanDrew are finishing the sub task. That means that T/D and N/S are in first and second and on to next task. I wish we could get a time on that pic of Dallas at Sculpture Garden, but it looks two cloudy. Or maybe a time when Nick it getting K/T's taxi. That looked pretty clear to me.

Well, what ever happens, in about 12 hours I can stop taking all this Excedrin.

Go to Reply 383. (I don't know how to quote 2 different messages in the same message).  Based on the raindrops on Nick's cameraman's lens there is rain.  If rain had stopped cameraman would have wiped his lens and Tina wouldn't need her jacket and raise a stink about it.

Lucky me, I'll be going to bed shortly but I'll probably be having nightmares throughout my dreams.  Hopefully I can stay asleep till time for show.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
I stepped thru the scenes in promo.  This is what I think I see.  Please notice that I am new to this and I am possibly misinterpreting it.  Maybe someone can use the occurance of Toni's white hood to get a better timeline or some of the occurances of wetness.  Please excuse the length since I don't know what information is important.  Things in quotes are words from screen.

1) Dandrew, with backpacks, running down sidewalk, street wet.  I think Dan has the Amazing Race Bag (ARB).  No jackets. Andrew had brown packet.

2) Ken and Tina cross wet street.  Ken in red jacket. I believe Ken has the ARB on his right side.

3) Dallas, Tina, Ken (ARB), Toni (ARB), possibly Nick and / or Starr barely visible behind Toni.  Nothing appears to be wet.   No backpacks.  Leaving submarine.

4) Nick (ARB) and Starr inside submarine.

5) “Essential things”, then “Must Have” overlay Starr and Nick (ARB) trying to hail taxi.  Jackets on and backpacks.

6) Dallas, Ken (ARB), Toni (ARB), Tina, Nick (ARB), and Starr running down sidewalk.  Ken and Toni have jackets, but Toni does not have white hood.  Fairly sure this is first challenge at submarine.  No one has their backpacks.

7) “Money”.  Dandrew in taxi.  However, this appears to be from previous leg since the clothes are wrong for today.

8 ) Dallas and Toni (ARB in front?) dickering with taxi driver.  Backpacks on.  Toni has white hood fully up.  I believe Dallas has brown package.

9) “Passport”.  Then scenes at airport – all from previous episodes.  Airplane taking off.

10) “Sunday”.  Dallas and Toni, with backpacks hurrying down a street looking back, then taking off in a run.  I think Toni still has white hood on.  NO ARB visible, but could be under Toni’s jacket, but I don’t think there is a large enough bulge.  Or this could be after Sculpture Garden when ARB appears to be transferred to Dallas.  If you look closely, you can see Andrew in his yellow ASU shirt to their right rear.  I think this is right after the green door clue box.

11) "One Team".  Nick (ARB) and Starr on up escalator with backpacks.

12) Ken and Tina in taxi.  Jackets and backpacks.  Window rolled down blocks area that Ken normally cares ARB, so I can’t tell if they have it.

13) Dallas and Toni (ARB) with jackets and backpacks hurrying down a paved street – possibly a bit wet? since the pavement is a lighter color near the curb.

14) Dan (ARB) and Andrew (brown packet).  No jackets, no backpacks.  This has been determined to be the speed bump.

15) "Will Lose Them - Both".  Nick (ARB), Starr, Toni (ARB).  No jackets, no backpacks.  Leaving submarine sequence, possibly rounding turn to gate / exit.  Definitely immediately after item 3 above.

16) Ken and Tina (ARB) walking down a dirt(?) road.  Backpacks (Ken carrying Tina’s) and jackets.  Things look damp including road.

17) Nick (ARB) and Starr at last night’s pit stop opening today’s first clue.  Jackets and backpacks all around.

18) Dallas and Toni on dirt / gravel road, possible same as item 18, getting clue.  Toni has jacket, but not Dallas.  Backpacks, Toni probably has ARB – Dallas’ arm and then clue blocking view.  Sneaky editing.

19) Dandrew at clue box in front of green door.  Andrew has jacket.  I THINK Dan may have ARB, but unsure.  Backpacks? on ground maybe?  Is Dan opening clue?  What is Andrew holding?

Possible sequence:  7 and 9 from previous episodes.  17, 6, 4, 3, 15
Unsure of sequence: no idea where 5, 11 or 12 occurs
Speed Bump after rain: 14
After rain?: 1, 2, 8, 13, 16, 18, 19 followed by 10

Is this any help?  I don't have the equipment to get screen shots from my DVR. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »
In the sc of the group running to the sub, on the sub and 1 off color sc of Nick running from the sub he has the fanny pack over his right shoulder.

Here you go!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »
Downpour at Gorky Park/ Sculpture park Roadblock

Nick: Tina and Ken are here
Nick takes their cab as they arrive so Nick is out of there first?

This picture of Nick getting K/T cab has been bothering me.  Starr is no where to be seen.  Even if you look at the full promo which includes a shot of Nick IN the cab, you can not see Starr.  Nick has his backpack, but Starr is missing in action.  Is this part of the roadblock?  I thought usually roadblocks were done on foot near the where the other partner had to wait.