Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171646 times)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:19 AM »
Thanks for posting Susan :hithere:, was it this one? It's the only one I've seen so far..doesn't mean I could have missed one.

Nope not that one.  The one I saw played just before 10 PM.  Much expanded, with quick bits that I had to step thru on my DVR to see.  If you didn't step thru it, you missed that Ken and Tina were catching up to Dallas near the sub.  He was a vague figure in a red shirt visible for a split second in the promo.  You also could miss seeing Andrew approaching Toni and Dallas from their right rear.  Also in part of the promo, you can see that Toni apparently has the bag around her waist with both of them wearing their backpacks, but in another shot the bag is NOT around Toni's waist, but it is not clear whether Dallas has it.

Susan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:57:37 AM by FLFan »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2008, 02:02:55 AM »
hmm well I recorded all night and didn't see the new promo so maybe it wasn't shown by my local station? but I'll keep my eyes open, I thought for sure we would have got an extra clip this week *curse you CBS*
We know that Dallas has the fannypack during the Roadblock, why he has it now, after the sub, I have no idea? Does Toni usually carry it? anyone know??

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2008, 02:10:30 AM »
hmm well I recorded all night and didn't see the new promo so maybe it wasn't shown by my local station? but I'll keep my eyes open, I thought for sure we would have got an extra clip this week *curse you CBS*
We know that Dallas has the fannypack during the Roadblock, why he has it now, after the sub, I have no idea? Does Toni usually carry it? anyone know??

It was after the Ghost Whisperer credits, but before Numb3rs started.  Pure speculation on my part is that the backpacks are "parked" somewhere while they do the scavenger thingy.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2008, 02:20:41 AM »
I'm looking now, I thought you meant last night as in Thursday, brb

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2008, 02:28:24 AM »
Well as luck would have it my station showed a St Jude special thingy with whats her name, Marlo Thomas after Ghost Whisperer so I don't have it, sorry.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:45 AM »

:duno:  I must be looking at something completely different. It doesn't have anything to do with shadows. There is a poster that is a tan color with a photo on it.  In the picture with Dallas and Toni it is on the right side door, over a window. In the picture with Dan and Andrew, it has been moved to the door on the left. I don't know what the deal is, but obviously the two pictures were not taken during the same time period.

Oooppps.  :-[ My bad.

Offline arcook

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #356 on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »

I went back and rewatched alot of the previous episodes and the only person I saw having the pack was Toni.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: November 29, 2008, 12:34:08 PM »
thanks arcook

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
finally a football promo ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »

the end

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
episode tomorrow! yes!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2008, 12:55:15 PM »
They're bunched at the sub: HoO, maybe? (but no Dandrew)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: November 29, 2008, 01:00:21 PM »
Okay :ty3: puddin! So we finally see a second teammate inside the sub, confirming a get a clue or part of the detour, anyway. Thanks Starr for peeking from behind, lol! Almost certainly the first task, get a clue only per previous posts.

So when we saw Ken and Dallas before, Tina and Toni just must not have made it to the sub room yet, right? And where are Dandrew?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: November 29, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »
would Dandrew be doing a speedbump at the time the others are at the sub?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: November 29, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »
It is pretty early on in the leg!

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #369 on: November 29, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
The pictures that you just posted are from the promo that I was discussing late last night.  Three of the teams bunch together and running without their backpacks and other shots without the backpacks including what I believe is the sub sequence.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #370 on: November 29, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
Thanks again for the head's up FLFan! And :welcome: here!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »
The pictures that you just posted are from the promo that I was discussing late last night.  Three of the teams bunch together and running without their backpacks and other shots without the backpacks including what I believe is the sub sequence.

No surprise they don't have their backpacks on the sub task, as the space is very cramped (and possible security concerns).  They most likely left them at the sub ticket window/gate (which they are running from in the pix) as per Slowhatch HoO.  (Notice Dandrew have their packs after they complete the sub task in other preview pix.)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

No surprise they don't have their backpacks on the sub task, as the space is very cramped (and possible security concerns).  They most likely left them at the sub ticket window/gate (which they are running from in the pix) as per Slowhatch HoO.  (Notice Dandrew have their packs after they complete the sub task in other preview pix.)

That makes sense, also it appears that the sub sequence may be VERY early, if not the first task, since the shadows that are being cast as they leave the sub area are very long.  Also, they are still fairly bunched leaving the sub area.  So I am going to assume that the 3 teams arrive and have to wait for the sub area to open for business.  They run like crazy toward the sub all bunched up and then leave the sub area still bunched up.  Obviously Dandrew are just behind enough to not make the opening gate of the sub display or they are sent off to do the speed bump immediately.  I think Dandrew may be behind enough leaving the pitstop that they missing the opening of the sub.  It was hard to tell how long the taxi driver made them wait before giving up on getting his money.  Do we have a shot of Dandrew at the sub area so we can compare shadows?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:48:48 PM by FLFan »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2008, 01:47:43 PM »
would Dandrew be doing a speedbump at the time the others are at the sub?

Kiwi and FLFan,
I would rate it as a high probability that World Race Productions designed this leg with the speedbump up front. The farther back in the episode it is, the more difficult it would be to overcome the approximately 30 minute penalty that it respresents. To give the team receiving the speed bump the maximum possible chance they would put it very high on the task sequence for leg 10.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »
Okay :ty3: puddin! So we finally see a second teammate inside the sub, confirming a get a clue or part of the detour, anyway. Thanks Starr for peeking from behind, lol! Almost certainly the first task, get a clue only per previous posts.

So when we saw Ken and Dallas before, Tina and Toni just must not have made it to the sub room yet, right? And where are Dandrew?
I don't think this is part of the Detour peach, its the first task to get a clue imo and Dallas tells us to go to the Tushino/sub so as he leaves the last pitstop, or am I missing something?