Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171567 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »
They might have to stop looking if they do not know where to look. Plus you know that the Race team at the pit stop will help you out. Better to finish and get a head start on the recovery

I agree with Puddin, it to hard to tell from that distance.
Are you from Boston or a Boston Rob fan? :)

NoluckBoston

« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2008, 11:40:24 PM »
I am the real Boston Rob. That guy was from Canton way south.

lol and no I am not a fan.  :hides

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »
I like you already. :yess:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »
Thank you mswood.  :thankyou:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:20 PM »
I am the real Boston Rob. That guy was from Canton way south.

lol and no I am not a fan.  :hides
Oh well, i thought he had 2 fans now........damn!

I like you already. :yess:
  :blaster :bounce

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »
Geez everyone is off topic, you should all model yourselves after me who NEVER GOES OFF TOPIC. gosh.

I know youve heard it all before -
So I dont say it anymore
I just stand by and watch you
Fight your secret war.
Although I used to wonder why -
I used to cry till I was dry.
Still sometimes I get a strange pain
Inside
Oh, joey, if youre hurting so am i.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »
:elvis:

And if youre somewhere out there
Passed out on the floor.
Oh joey, Im not angry anymore.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »
 :sucks

i cant get that song out of my head!

and apparently this is how i'd look in 1968:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »
hehehe.  :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but was it ever implied in any statement that the team "not making it to the finish line" is somehow a unique event?

If it is a unique event, then I guess it would happen that the 4th place team is the team to not make it to the finish line -> this is just an IF statement based on an assumption made above.

However, the most likely event perhaps is that the third place team (final ranking, not necessarily the leg's ranking) doesn't make it to the finish line, with Dan and Andrew as 4th place team and so far behind that their flight back to the US is the one through Seattle.

It is therefore down to Toni and Dallas for the team to lose their stuffs.

I'm sorry if all of these were already mentioned before. Just my thoughts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2008, 09:57:14 AM »
Hello first i am new here and this is my first post.

I went through alot of the old episodes.  I was paying attention to who usually carried the fannypack

Dallas and Toni. I only saw Toni with the fanny pack all the time..  So why now is it all of a sudden on the back of Dallas backpack.  And Is that really the safest place to have your cash and passports  carried on the back of you are much more likely to be pick pocketed.

Dan And Andrew the fanny pack  swap each others hand quite a bit.  And times where one or the other was carring it to the pit stop.  It wasn't always secured to the body.

Ken and Tina the fannypack also seemed to swap their hands alot.

Nick and Starr. I only saw Nick with it across his shoulder.  Always carried in the same spot.

The person who lost their passports and all their money may have not lost their fanny packs at all.  Someone could have been pick pocketed on any one of the many forms or public transportation.

Interesting thoughts.

Teams that share the task of carrying the fanny pack have a better chance of thinking the other member of the team has the pack.

A pick-pocket on the race would be unique.  If they caught it on camera, did CBS get the thief to sign a release so they can show him (or her) on TV?!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »
It would really really really REALLY suck to lose your passport on the way to the airport to start the final race to the Finish Line!!!!

I do not think anyone loses their passport on the way to the airport (if that is what you meant).  Hopefully stating the obvious - the whole leg takes place in Moscow, so we have no need for airport scenes.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2008, 10:05:39 AM »
I have questions about the Sub task. Why is it that we see Dallas all alone receiving his clue? Notice that Ken is coming in right behind him. Where is Toni?

Then there are the photos of Ken and Tina running along side the Sub.  Is that Toni in the right hand corner running behind them?

Perhaps this is a bunching point due to Time of Operations? I know people seem to  think this is the first part of the Episode. Maybe this is how Dandrew make up s much time to catch everyone at the roadblock?

Just putting some ideas out there.

Is the sub part of a scanvenger hunt Roadblock?

Usually each team member must be a certain distance (or closeness) to their partner.  Unless it is a Roadblock, Dallas should be receiving the clue with Toni

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2008, 10:10:05 AM »
Happy Turkey Day to everyone.  I hope everyone is having an awesome day!.  Oh and I am drunk.  So Drunk.  Grey Goose, is really really good with turkey (oh wait, the turkey isn't even done yet. 

Hangover? :barf

Offline abilify

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #339 on: November 28, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
Hello!  First, I just wanna say that I can't believe that reading spoilers could actually make TAR more exciting, but it does! Thanks!  :hearts: And my sister hates me now cos I can't stop talking about your latest discoveries and she doesn't like to be spoiled.  :lol:

Anyway, decided to delurk for a while cos I was just curious about these 2 photos.  Obviously, Dallas was in the process of opening the clue in the first pic, but was Andrew opening their clue? If that was indeed the clue Andrew was holding and he was opening it, that must be quite some time after D/T opened theirs based on the difference in appearance of the green door between the 2 photos. Dandrew's green door had something else posted on it (upper left) compared to D/T's, and that handle thingy was moved. I'm just wondering how much time had passed between those 2. Or were Dandrew finished with the task already when that was taken?  :duno:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »
Hello!  First, I just wanna say that I can't believe that reading spoilers could actually make TAR more exciting, but it does! Thanks!  :hearts: And my sister hates me now cos I can't stop talking about your latest discoveries and she doesn't like to be spoiled.  :lol:

Anyway, decided to delurk for a while cos I was just curious about these 2 photos.  Obviously, Dallas was in the process of opening the clue in the first pic, but was Andrew opening their clue? If that was indeed the clue Andrew was holding and he was opening it, that must be quite some time after D/T opened theirs based on the difference in appearance of the green door between the 2 photos. Dandrew's green door had something else posted on it (upper left) compared to D/T's, and that handle thingy was moved. I'm just wondering how much time had passed between those 2. Or were Dandrew finished with the task already when that was taken?  :duno:

:lol:  I think you uncovered a "grand conspiracy", abilify. (interesting screen name, I think I saw a commercial for that drug).

fwiw, the tan piece of paper mysteriously moves to the other door, and a new white piece of paper either appears or disappears.   :funny:  ummmmm...... not sure what this means..  :duno:   :groan:  Maybe it's a secret code... or maybe not....   ;)  maybe BVM is messing with our minds....  (:;) :angel: 

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: November 28, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »
Happy Turkey Day to everyone.  I hope everyone is having an awesome day!.  Oh and I am drunk.  So Drunk.  Grey Goose, is really really good with turkey (oh wait, the turkey isn't even done yet. 

Hangover? :barf
Surprisingly no.  I feel fine, but I was sure I wouldn't.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »

:lol:  I think you uncovered a "grand conspiracy", abilify. (interesting screen name, I think I saw a commercial for that drug).

fwiw, the tan piece of paper mysteriously moves to the other door, and a new white piece of paper either appears or disappears.   :funny:  ummmmm...... not sure what this means..  :duno:   :groan:  Maybe it's a secret code... or maybe not....   ;)  maybe BVM is messing with our minds....  (:;) :angel: 

From Matts set, dated May 10th and the official websites below

(passes mswood a bloody mary :wine:)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »

fwiw, the tan piece of paper mysteriously moves to the other door, and a new white piece of paper either appears or disappears.   :funny:  ummmmm...... not sure what this means..  :duno:   :groan:  Maybe it's a secret code... or maybe not....   ;)  maybe BVM is messing with our minds....  (:;) :angel: 

I do not think we have a conspiracy.

Comparing the two images, we have 2 major differences. 
  1.  The door is partially open for D'Andrew's photo
  2.  Camera angle is slightly different
Putting these two things together, we get shadows on the left door frame and the appearance that a "note" is missing.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »
It's not unheard of for the third-place team to not make it to the final mat, although previously it's happened only when a team gets so far behind that the other teams made it to the finish line when they're still in another place in the final leg.  In Season 1, Team Guido were in Alaska when the first two teams crossed the finish line.  In Season 4, David & Jeff were in Hawaii when Reichen & Chip and Jon & Kelly finished.  But I've never had a team that didn't make the Final 3 not be at the mat when the Final 3 teams crossed the finish line.

Belle Book

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #345 on: November 28, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »

I do not think we have a conspiracy.

Comparing the two images, we have 2 major differences. 
  1.  The door is partially open for D'Andrew's photo
  2.  Camera angle is slightly different
Putting these two things together, we get shadows on the left door frame and the appearance that a "note" is missing.

:duno:  I must be looking at something completely different. It doesn't have anything to do with shadows. There is a poster that is a tan color with a photo on it.  In the picture with Dallas and Toni it is on the right side door, over a window. In the picture with Dan and Andrew, it has been moved to the door on the left. I don't know what the deal is, but obviously the two pictures were not taken during the same time period.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: November 28, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »
My take is Andrew has exited the flat/house or returning to where Dan waits and is writing something down...

look, mom has shed her white hoody ..

NoluckBoston

« Reply #347 on: November 28, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »
to work off of something said earlier this thread.

Why is it we see Ken and Tina running to the pit stop with no bags? Notice that Ken and Star have their bags on.

The only bag is the race bag on Tina. So did they leave them some where? Did the lose them.
Maybe this is the team to lose their money and passports. perhaps they were not keeping them in their race bag.

I know that there is some kind of Eye witness reports of a very tanned women in a green track suite in Portland. Without photo evidence could this lead be wrong?

I looked up the Moscow monorail today and found a picture of the interior.

This does not match the pictures we have of Ken and Tina riding in some sort of transportation.

I would have to say that what we are seeing is some other mode of transport. Tram/Bus

So maybe at the road block when they are taking cabs to and from the Sculpture park they leave there bags in a Cab. Like the wonder twins?  :hfive:

This maybe why we see them coming off the Monorail bag less.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:50 AM »
Last night they showed an expanded version of the current promo.  In it, Dallas, Ken (with bag), Toni (with bag), Tina, Nick (with bag), and Starr are running practically neck and neck, in that order, down a street or sidewalk.  NO ONE has their backpacks, just the Amazing Race bags.  Dandrew are not visible.  This is clearly park of the submarine challenge since during the same promo they showed Ken and Tina running hard on the heels of Dallas with what I believe has been identified as the submarine in the background - no one has their backpacks either.

Later in that promo, no idea what sequence of events, they show Toni and Dallas running with their backpacks.  Andrew is clearly visible in his yellow ASU shirt running behind and to their right.   Although I don't see Andrew's backpack.   The other problem in this scene is that I can't see where Toni and Dallas have their bag.  It apparently is not around Toni's waist.  But it may be on Dallas since they are running with their backpacks.  Although they also show Toni carrying the bag while both of the are wearing their backpacks in another sequence.  Confusing and unsure of actual sequence and whether the Toni/Dallas bag is out of view due to editing or camera angles.

Susan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:40:20 AM by FLFan »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:06 AM »
Thanks for posting Susan :hithere:, was it this one? It's the only one I've seen so far..doesn't mean I could have missed one.