Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171571 times)

NoluckBoston

Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
Aren't those airport scenes  from the last episode? It sure looks like the scene when they buy tickets at the Almaty Airport. It looked like the AIR ASTANA ticket window.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »
It would really really really REALLY suck to lose your passport on the way to the airport to start the final race to the Finish Line!!!!

I was hoping they were buying tickets for that scavenger hunt, but it sure looks like they are getting plane tickets. Appears to be Dandrew and nick'starr.

Aren't those airport scenes  from the last episode? It sure looks like the scene when they buy tickets at the Almaty Airport. It looked like the AIR ASTANA ticket window.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »

Did anyone say that the B&W standing at attention Dan is holding the little package from last leg??

Maybe its the book that Dan has at the Flat cluebox ? Maybe Victory park is where the roablockers present their clue? Like it goes in stages, the Bulgakov Flat to the Fallen statues to Victory Park? This is where they meet someone to tell them their answers? Maybe the pretty lady in pink per Matts photos.
Andrew writing...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:01:38 PM by puddin »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
Hi guys, I'm a former lurker making his first post here. First of all I have to congratulate the clue crew (all of you) who spend time and effort in order to get info on the race, your detective job is excellent (undercover CIA agency perhaps??? lol), now my two cents.

Oh :hearts: puddin! I was hoping for something new!

But was that Dallas saying "that's crippling, we can't do anything without that"?? :'( :'( :'(

We know CBS likes to mislead us but, oh my.
I think its Dan but he could be talking about another team? I dunno?

Judging on the tone used to say it and supposing that it is indeed Dan standing behind Toni in the blurry picture, I think D/T probably figured they forgot something vital at that point (not necessarily their passports, hopefully just a clue?) and Dan was commenting on it. Also, based on the clips meant to throw us off from the unlucky team, I think it's neither N/S nor Dandrew. As someone already said N/S are just complaining about not being able to find a Taxi maybe like the previous leg, and IMO Andrew was just complaining about Dan's lack of rhythm. My objective and educated guess:

1. N/S arrive first (video poof)
2. D/A (see #3)
3. K/T (team lost in the public transportation madness perhaps?, arrived 3rd according to source)
4. T/D (refer to my comment, also no reported spotting in Portland)

T/D's a great team and I was hopeful that they'd be the first blood-related team to win TAR (excluding S8 obviously), but I honestly think the odds are against them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
:welcome: to RFF cdfe88! And thanks for the nice words! :waves:

I'm scared it is Toni/Dallas too...  :'( :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »
I have questions about the Sub task. Why is it that we see Dallas all alone receiving his clue? Notice that Ken is coming in right behind him. Where is Toni?

Then there are the photos of Ken and Tina running along side the Sub.  Is that Toni in the right hand corner running behind them?

Perhaps this is a bunching point due to Time of Operations? I know people seem to  think this is the first part of the Episode. Maybe this is how Dandrew make up s much time to catch everyone at the roadblock?

Just putting some ideas out there.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
It will be because Tina and Toni are much slower than Dallas and Ken !!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
Happy Turkey Day to everyone.  I hope everyone is having an awesome day!.  Oh and I am drunk.  So Drunk.  Grey Goose, is really really good with turkey (oh wait, the turkey isn't even done yet. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2008, 09:07:08 PM »
I have questions about the Sub task. Why is it that we see Dallas all alone receiving his clue? Notice that Ken is coming in right behind him. Where is Toni?

Small space? No room? :duno:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:12:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »

Small space? No room? :duno:
Hiding her head in shame....  I paid how much for your college education!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: November 27, 2008, 09:14:24 PM »
I wish you had paid! :lol:

That was actually NoLuck's  Quote, not mine...  heee.

So you have been drinking the Goose? But NO TURKEY yet? And it is getting to be dinner time out there...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: November 27, 2008, 09:23:38 PM »
Turkey should be done in about 15 minutes.  I had plained a nice dinner for myself and my boyfriend, and like usual without any warning I have a household of guests.  I needed the goose to be social.  Thank god I always cook ( you don't want to know how I almost spelled that) a thanksgiving for about 8.

Of course that was like 8 drinks ago.  I haven't drank anything in the last 4 months.  So today, the day, I haven't eat anything.  I am already toasted.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: November 27, 2008, 09:25:28 PM »
Did you have a good night Peach?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #313 on: November 27, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
Turkey should be done in about 15 minutes.  I had plained a nice dinner for myself and my boyfriend, and like usual without any warning I have a household of guests.  I needed the goose to be social.  Thank god I always cook ( you don't want to know how I almost spelled that) a thanksgiving for about 8.

Of course that was like 8 drinks ago.  I haven't drank anything in the last 4 months.  So today, the day, I haven't eat anything.  I am already toasted.
Have another for me mswood! Thats an order! How about a nice wild turkey with cranberry juice? :wine:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: November 27, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »
I worked all day so no goose for me...and no leftovers either!

But I have something better than turkey....  Better than punkin pie...  on the way!! :angel:

Heee...mswood's spelling gets better after the goose! :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline arcook

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »
Is this the same submarine.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2008, 10:11:36 PM »
Is this the same submarine.

I would assume so..

Slowhatch wrote: The "Red October" stuff is of course fictional, but there's a sub/museum parked near Khimki to the northwest of the city. .
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5252079

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:21 PM »
 :waves: Go here for some outside/inside photos.

Offline arcook

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
Here are some more on this page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62264917@N00/504772495/

I was trying to find some hours of operation.

submarine museum b-396

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »
Go here and translate from Russian. The relevant part:
Operating hours: * 10-17, the weekend - Monday, Tuesday Warning:  Only excursions
 Entrance fee: * Adult - 50 rubles., The school - 12 rubles., Arte - free of charge. Photography - 100 rubles. Video - 200 rubles.

For production, though, they'll probably stay open odd hours.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »
Go here and translate from Russian. The relevant part:
Operating hours: * 10-17, the weekend - Monday, Tuesday Warning:  Only excursions
 Entrance fee: * Adult - 50 rubles., The school - 12 rubles., Arte - free of charge. Photography - 100 rubles. Video - 200 rubles.

For production, though, they'll probably stay open odd hours.
Right they can't have tourists walking thru when Sean Connery err umm I mean the Captain is standing there waiting for the racers to give them the clue/whatever. I agree with you Slowhatch.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
To add to slowhatch

Address: Moscow, Park North Tushino, in front of the house on 57 Liberty Street (supermarket "Kopeyka")
     Transportation: Metro Shodnenskaya, further 10-15 minutes walk to bulvaru Jan Raina in the Khimki reservoir
     Phone: +7 (495) 124-93-02, booking tours: +7 (495) 730-55-68 (for Russians), +7 (495) 730-55-67 (for foreigners)
    Hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 17:00, weekends - Monday, Tuesday
    Tickets: adults - about 4.5 euros, children from 7 to 17 years, students and pensioners - 2 euros.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2008, 11:06:13 PM »
I keep hearing how nick and Star are not excited at the pit stop.

Maybe they dont come in first, maybe the Frat boys do. You never know.

How a team will just stop looking for their lost money and passports and finish the leg makes no sense.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:36 PM »
I keep hearing how nick and Star are not excited at the pit stop.

Maybe they dont come in first, maybe the Frat boys do. You never know.

How a team will just stop looking for their lost money and passports and finish the leg makes no sense.
If you've watched the video..below you will see that when Nick and Starr arrive their cameramen did not even catch up with them yet so my take is that Phil has not told them yet what place they are in, they are still setting up the lighting and such....the video ends before we see the reaction in my opinion.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2008, 11:22:39 PM »
They might have to stop looking if they do not know where to look. Plus you know that the Race team at the pit stop will help you out. Better to finish and get a head start on the recovery

I agree with Puddin, it to hard to tell from that distance.