Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171591 times)

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2008, 05:10:14 PM »
Love the black cat.  :tup:

If Andrew is there, then the flat can't be part of the Roadblock. Could it be part of the scavenger hunt? I don't know why the other team members would just be sitting there though.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
From what I gather the cat  resides in the house (huge cat lover here too  :hearts:)

So Andrew has one Roadblock left to clear that up ........my fault!
http://homepage.mac.com/yakc/tv/tar13.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
The Museum supposedly has a gift shop but I can't find a picture...

That shot of Andrew looks like an Antique shop to me though...

Are any of these nearby? (the link shows them better...)

GENERAL ANTIQUE SHOPSTopA indexA-Z Index

Action Books, pictures, etchings, china, bronze, decorative items, furniture
 21 Bol. Nikitskaya ul...Tel: 291-7509
   Tel: .............................................................290-5413;    Fax: Fax / Telephone:................................930-2245
Mo-Sa 11-19, Su 12-19; cc;  Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya, Arbatskaya; Map
 2 Bryusov per...Tel: 229-0610
Mo-Sa 11-20, Su 12-18; Eng;  Okhotnyy Ryad, Teatralnaya; Map
 6 Bryusov per...Fax / Telephone:292-9477
Mo-Sa 11-19; cc;  Okhotnyy Ryad, Teatralnaya; Map       
 Antiques on Bronnaya Street Russian 19-20C.
paintings, jewelry by Russian craftsmen, clocks, bronze, porcelain, small antique items, tableware   27 Bol. Bronnaya ul................................................................................................Fax / Telephone:209-1243
Mo-Sa 12-19;  Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya; Map       
 Antiquity   
Russian and European porcelain, furniture, pictures, jewelry, bronze, restoration of antiques and furniture   24 Petrovka ul...Tel: 209-3215
   Fax / Telephone:...200-5768
Mo-Sa 11-20; cc;  Pushkinskaya, Chekhovskaya; Map       
 Curiosity Furniture, tableware, pictures, porcelain, glass, diamonds, icons, antiques
   31 Arbat ul...Tel: 241-2381
Mo-Sa 11-19;  Arbatskaya, Smolenskaya; Map       
 Golden Casket   
Jewelry, baguette, engravings, silver, bronze, platinum, icons, crystal, porcelain   6 Arbat ul...Tel: 203-7666
Daily 10-20;  Arbatskaya; Map

Link removed due to possible mal-ware

Petrovsky Passage 
Shopping - Shopping Areas
Ulitsa Petrovka 10, Moscow, Russia

A beautifully renovated prerevolutionary arcade of shops, most of which sell imported goods. Some souvenirs are available, and there are nice cafes for a quick lunch. Ulitsa Petrovka 10 (near the Bolshoi Theater), Moscow.

pic:

Bukinist 
Shopping - Antique Stores
Ulitsa Stary Arbat 36, Moscow, Russia
Phone: 495-241-3387

This is one of several antiques shops along the Arbat, a beautiful old street worth a trip in itself. (Bukinist is the name of about 10 establishments in Moscow—a holdover from Soviet times, when shops were given generic names.) Lots of maps and prints. Not cheap. Open Monday-Saturday 10 am-2 pm and 3-7 pm. Ulitsa Stary Arbat 36 (near Arbatskaya metro station), Moscow. Phone 495-241-3387.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:29:24 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
Sorry puddin, I had it in my head that they could only do 5 each this time :groan:

I'm still wondered if that could be part of the scavenger hunt though.

Have we missed something? What is the first place Dallas says they have to go to here?

See--vern--o Toosh No Park? Is that where the sub is?

Doesn't sound like Sokolniki at all....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »
Tushino park peach, the sub place ..http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5252079

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »
Thanks...off to add to the Maps!

Well at least we are sure of the beginning and the end, lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
In that Video we see Nick stealing Ken and Tina's cab, notice how he's all alone. Perhaps he's off to the sculpture park for the Roadblock?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
 :tup: good ear peach.  looks like the frat boys are trying to hail a taxi after they complete their sub task.  note the apartment building in the background.  :yess:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »
 :neener:  only because I can, a view (from behind apartment building) of street where frats hail taxi after sub task.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »
If you could stick those location map pins in post #177 on puddin's map in post #216......I bet you would find that all those locations are very near a Metro station.

The Moscow Metro is a set of spokes radiating out from the city center, with rings at several intervals. It seems to me that they started at the Leg 9 Pit Stop and then went in a counter clockwise direction to arrive at the Leg 10 Pit Stop. If that is the case, then the roadblock was first at Scuplture Park, the Victory Park, then Submarine, etc.....

The speed bump is close to the Train Museum and the Pit Stop for Leg 10. It appears to me to be a half circle of the city toward the west part of town, then the north part of town.

So it seems to me the sequence is   Roadblock, Detour, Speedbump.

The Detour is a scavenger hunt, so maybe they have to pick up something at each of these places and the teammates have to alternate going in and getting it???  I keep thinking of that paper wrapped box they got in Leg 9......I wonder is that has something to do with this scavenger hunt in Leg 10?  In the Submarine, we see Dallas and Ken, no Tina/Toni.   At that writers house.....we see the ones waiting outside for the ones inside.......just some thoughts
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:07:34 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
There are some wonderful Interactive Metro Maps over here in MAPS! if anyone needs them:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15503.msg301650.html#msg301650
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2008, 07:18:49 PM »
DrRox, if the preview video is to be believed, then the first clue that the teams get at the previous pitstop is to travel by taxi to the park where the sub is located.  So sub is first.  Now, task at sub could be a "busy task" to get the next clue.  Then we are on to the usual tasks.  My guess is that they send them way outside of town just to get them away from Sculpture Park which is very close to the previous leg's pitstop.  Call it disorientation.  Probably what the Victory Park location is used for.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »
I've watched the video of Nick & Starr up to the mat.  I've paused it a lot.

I seem to only see 1 possible hug between N/S.  Other than that they seem stiff.  This is totally unlike their other 5 first place finishes.  Things like fist in the air, many hugs,  jumping on Nick.  For 1st place finishes that aren't as important as Final 3 they, especially Starr, showed a lot of emotions.

I know a still photo wouldn't show excitement but the video doesn't seem to show excitement.  I mean this is the final 3.

Puddin, Peach or anyone else that communicated with Robyn.  Did she make any mention about the level of excitement on the part if N/S?

I have been thinking this for a long time that they look so stiff.

Well, we all have known for some time that an unprecedented mistake occurs which ultimately keeps one team from joining the others at the finish line.  We also now know that one team loses all their money and passports, which is the "unprecedented mistake".  If Nick & Starr really were as stiff as you suggest, then perhaps they lost the money and passports and that's preventing them from being really happy about coming in first and making the Final 3.

Belle Book

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
Detour:

By train
1) Victory Park
2) Submarine
3) Bulgarkov House
4) Train Museum

By bus:
1) Swissotel Art
2) Church of All Saints
3)Red Square
4)Saint Cyril and Methodius Monument

It appears all teams took the Train Scavenger hunt to me.  After the last stop on scavenger hunt, go to Sokolniki Park and get clue to Pit Stop, but DanDrew has to do speed bump first.  That near Sokolniki Park is where most of the Olympic venues were in the 1980 Olympics that US boycotted. Good scenery to pass by in Moscow.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:31:56 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »
Detour:

By train
1) Victory Park
2) Submarine
3) Bulgarkov House
4) Train Museum

By bus:
1) Swissotel Art
2) Church of All Saints
3)Red Square
4)Saint Cyril and Methodius Monument

It appears all teams took the Train Scavenger hunt to me.  After the last stop on scavenger hunt, go to Pit Stop, except Dandrew, they had to go to Sokolniki Park to do speedbump.

:angel:  ummm...DrRox, see my previous post regarding taking a taxi to the sub as per the first clue.  Sub can't be part of the scavenger hunt as they start the leg by going there.  One thing we all agree on is that Sculpture Park is the roadblock.   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
re DrRox's post:

Except that we mostly see them traveling by taxi, not by train OR bus...

And we know they have to go to the sub by taxi too.

And Chateau tells us based on when the rain came that the Speedbump is before the Museum and the Sculpture garden.

But I do think thinking the same detour using two methods of transport would be interesting. Too bad we see them taxi-ing around again. I think that one shot of Tina/Ken on the train/monorail is all we have that isn't taxi, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
Nice one Boingo! I was wondering where the frat boys were going when they got drowned! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
....I think that one shot of Tina/Ken on the train/monorail is all we have that isn't taxi, right?

fwiw, that's most likely a tram that Tina/Ken are traveling on.  They are everywhere in Moscow.   :groan:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:46:21 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
:tup: good ear peach.  looks like the frat boys are trying to hail a taxi after they complete their sub task.  note the apartment building in the background.  :yess:
No one ever reads what I write blahblah  :knuckles::neener:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
....I think that one shot of Tina/Ken on the train/monorail is all we have that isn't taxi, right?

fwiw, that's most likely a tram that Tina/Ken are traveling on.  They are everywhere in Moscow.   :groan:

Gman says its the subway :)
Oh commercial BRB!

The shots of Ken and Tina are not on the Metro (that's the Moscow Subway).  They are seen on one of the many buses or trams that run just about everywhere in Moscow.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
No one ever reads what I write blahblah  :knuckles::neener:

:lol:  oh all right, we do read your stuff puddin.... there there..... you did good..... very nice...... it's just that  we're all so  :nut: around here all the time.   :duh:  so there.....  :naughtyd:

BTW, i like your monkey ....  :monkey

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:17 PM »

Oh commercial BRB!

The shots of Ken and Tina are not on the Metro (that's the Moscow Subway).  They are seen on one of the many buses or trams that run just about everywhere in Moscow.

ummm... I believe gman is saying that the Ken/Tina are NOT on the metro (subway).... but rather on a tram.  ahem......  :knuckles:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »
Looking at the shots of Ken and Tina

I would say its a trolley bus. Looking at this web site. http://wafl3.org.ru/public.transportation/
There is a small picture that has the same green bars and brown seats that are in Ken and Tina's pictures. Also, there seems to be to accordion style doors in the middle and towards the back. In the last picture, up above, you can see two hanging gear boxes that house those type of doors along the wall.

Here is a picture of the interior of the trams in Moscow

I don't know where they are headed, but if its to the pit stop then the All Russian Centre says you can get there using these public transportation types to the main gate.  http://www.vvcentre.ru/eng/services/how_to_get/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »

Oh commercial BRB!

ummm... I believe gman is saying that the Ken/Tina are NOT on the metro (subway).... but rather on a tram.  ahem......  :knuckles:
OK my bad and thanks for liking my ..........Monkey  :flirt:  :hearts:

more.............