Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171095 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2008, 12:30:47 AM »
I honestly think that if Nick & Starr were the team to lose their passport, ect they would have included one of the two other times they have miss placed their bag.  THe editors are usually pretty good with that sort of thing.

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »
I think Ken/Tina finish last in this leg. The reports of the teams leaving Portland airport seems to jibe with the eliminated teams and I think the sporty green blond woman that was describes could be Tina.  Which probably means that Dallas/Toni or Nick/Starr end up losing their passports.  We know it's not Dandrew.  There's been speculation that Dandrew head to Portland, Maine and show up later. So this could be an extremely uneventful final leg if one of the two reamining teams heads to the wrong city while the other waits for a replacement passport.

Of course, the whole losing the passport thing could be a whole non-event. They don't say that whereever the team that lost their belongings don't get it back. I think that it comes down to Toni/Dallas and Nick/Starr for the 1M and Dandrew doesn't finish with the rest of the group b/c they head to Maine. The whole passport thing becomes a decoy.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2008, 12:48:52 AM »
The "Red October" stuff is of course fictional, but there's a sub/museum parked near Khimki to the northwest of the city. The Graveyard of Fallen Monuments is behind the Central House of Artists.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2008, 01:21:51 AM »
Theres our Slowhatch!  :hearts:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:10:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2008, 02:20:33 AM »
It's probably been said already but Tina is getting wet outside the entrance to Gorky Park.  Panaramio

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2008, 05:33:35 AM »
http://www.barynya.com/RussianDance/russian-dance.htm this page will make us figure out the dance
and i think dandrew loose thier money and everything

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »
Maybe this will be relevant, but the episode title of the Finale episode is "You Look Like Peter Pan" and strangely enough, this sounds like a description of Nick, making them part of the final 3. Just a speculation though. This means that they might not be the team to lose their passports.

However, as you mentioned, being in the final 3 doesn't guarantee actually getting to the final destination.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
in one of the pic tina is stuffing a green jacket/shirt into there bag..i hope toni and dalls or nick and starr winn . allso it was good to see toni and dallis at least win a nice trip. and come in frist on a leg.. so yea!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
 :lol: yep, they are exiting taxis across from Gorky Park gate to enter Sculpture Park.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »
 :lol: So in addition to what we already spoiled for the second Moscow leg (episode 10), we have a couple new locations, namely Slowhatch's submarine (which is over 10 miles from the center of Moscow), and Victory Park, the speedbump location(?).

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »

QUOTE:
now amazing race info for you guys:

the team that vanessa took a pic of was obviously the first. i can't describe the 2nd team. we saw them at a difference. but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail. she was blond and wearing spandex pink. she was yelling at the guy she was with and they fought over the right direction. she sprinted the wrong way, then they figured it out. it was pretty funny.

they also had a huge amazing race party that night at a hall at the back of the exhibition centre. it was all very secretive.

also, did you know once the contestants come through they sit at the side? i always envisioned them giong off to a hotel, but no they sat in a waiting area until at the one of the other teams came thorugh.

talk soon

robyn

Could someone here please clarify if the teams do wait for the next one to come in? Now I am wondering if Nick and Starr come in first but have to wait out a penalty - or if they are in fact the ones who lose their passports. That would explain their lack of enthusiasm at the mat. In looking at all the evidence, I don't see any positive sightings of Nick and Starr in Portland. The closest I can get is the couple spotted downtown where she was decribed as "pretty" - I don't think that would apply to either Tina or Toni. Of course that team may have been a decoy.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
I remember there was a tourist who was at the Ep 10 finish line and they complained about a sudden down pour that day.  Weather Undergound has that happening between 10:30 and 11:30 am.  The binning of their data requires an open interpretation of 10:30 am to 12 noon for the rain.

This suggests that Ken & Tina and Nick & Starr arrived at the Sculpture Garden between 10:30 and noon. 

And, since the shot of Dallas in the Sculpture Garden was dry we know that Toni & Dallas are still ahead up to the Roadblock (submarine task is done).  I hope Dallas figures it out correctly:  Stalin vs Lenin   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »
IIRC, Robyn said that there had been rain earlier that day, but the sun was coming out at the Pitstop...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
Chateau, oh master of the protractor  :lol:,  did we ever get a definite time on Nick and Starrs pitstop? and with any luck maybe Tina and Ken near the entrance....
quote from Robyn:
Yes it was the 13th. the first of three teams came in around noon-2ish. i don't really remember exactly, just that it was very early. It had rained all morning and the sun came out around noon.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »
 :lol:  These two are hopelessly lost.   :funny:  Looks like "Team Pink Spandex" are going in the wrong direction after exiting the monorail station.    "Look behind you, guys!"   :groan:

eta:  travel the Moscow monorail from Timiryazevskaya to VVC (Exhibition Center) - YouTube Video

Moscow monorail from Timiryazevskaya to VVC part 1/2
Moscow monorail from Timiryazevskaya to VVC part 2/2
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:26:23 PM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
"We bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail. she was blond and wearing spandex pink. she was yelling at the guy she was with and they fought over the right direction. she sprinted the wrong way, then they figured it out. "

It is wonderful to see this coming to life! Thanks for the pics Boingo!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »
I wonder where Tina and Ken ditched their backpacks if they came from monorail?

anyway......press release
and we know that its Tina and Ken per public transportation but you all already knew that.

ONE TEAM MAKES AN UNPRECEDENTED MISTAKE ON THE ROAD THAT COSTS THEM DEARLY, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM STRUGGLES TO STAY THE COURSE WHILE NAVIGATING MOSCOW'S CONFUSING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, NOV. 30 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
"You're Gonna Get Me Killed" - One Team makes an unprecedented mistake that prohibits them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line, while another Team struggles to make it through Moscow's public transportation system, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
This goes here too..
It's a darn poster!!!

Poster
“Be prepared for [VSKHV]”
[V].[M].[livanova], M.; L., 1950. Size of 83,5[kh]59

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

Good eye about the packs! :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2008, 02:20:08 PM »

Could someone here please clarify if the teams do wait for the next one to come in? Now I am wondering if Nick and Starr come in first but have to wait out a penalty - or if they are in fact the ones who lose their passports. That would explain their lack of enthusiasm at the mat. In looking at all the evidence, I don't see any positive sightings of Nick and Starr in Portland. The closest I can get is the couple spotted downtown where she was decribed as "pretty" - I don't think that would apply to either Tina or Toni. Of course that team may have been a decoy.

Off the top of my head, I recall BJ and Tyler talking about hiding behind the wall and watching Lake & Michelle get eliminated in Greece, I'm sure I read more instances but would have to read like every past interview and I'm not willing to do that, lol
Maybe a past race contestant can help us out if lurking?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »
I honestly think that if Nick & Starr were the team to lose their passport, ect they would have included one of the two other times they have miss placed their bag.  THe editors are usually pretty good with that sort of thing.
Only in the insider clips we see/hear Starr and Nick leaving their fanny pack behind, twice.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »
what if this is all one big hype and the team that loses their passport ends up finding it later on in the start of the last leg so they DO get to go to portland, only later than the other teams...could that explain why andrew/dan arrive so late? (even in their confessional from the mansion, it looks like it's getting dark)

eee i can't explain what i'm trying to say right..

I mean that production finds their passport in russia.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:27:56 PM by Michael »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »

Chateau, oh master of the protractor  :lol:,  did we ever get a definite time on Nick and Starrs pitstop? and with any luck maybe Tina and Ken near the entrance....
quote from Robyn:
Yes it was the 13th. the first of three teams came in around noon-2ish. i don't really remember exactly, just that it was very early. It had rained all morning and the sun came out around noon.

Hey Puddin, it's back here

I'd hedge it back to 4:00 to 4:30 pm.  I used the way there is a narrow line of light on the left side of the tall lamp posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »
Well, shadows don't lie...   

but that is a more than 2 hour difference from what our eyewitness told us. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »
Thanks Chateau I wasn't certain if that time had changed or not  :kuss:
I'm hoping that you could get something on Tina and Ken or even Dandrew in the Portland shot.

For those interested, weatherunderground fwiw May 13 Moscow

[attachment deleted by admin]