Author Topic: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'  (Read 171131 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP10: 11/30 'You're Gonna Get Me Killed'
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
Joab,
Tina has her fanny pack here at the pitstop location:

We know it isn't them who lose it, and we also know it isn't Nick and Star, who were filmed checking into the pit stop first.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 08:56:58 PM »
OMG. Toni and Dallas killed. :'( :'( :'(

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57:27 PM »
OMG. Toni and Dallas killed. :'( :'( :'(

....how do you figure?
we still have ANDREW AND DAN in the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
Joab, our source for the video was there for hours and per her it was clear that Nick/Starr were first to the Pitstop.

Dan/Andrew were never directly seen there at all as far as we know--whichever team was in second place was not seen close enough to be able to say WHO it was. And Tina/Ken were seen at the monorail some hours later...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
Wasnt Tina describes as the blonde in green, and thats why we thought they were so far behind.  I could be wrong though.
But if i am right Tina is not wearing green....Toni is.  Toni and Dallas can be the team hours and hours behind Nick and Starr.  

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
Wasnt Tina describes as the blonde in green, and thats why we thought they were so far behind.  I could be wrong though.
But if i am right Tina is not wearing green....Toni is.  Toni and Dallas can be the team hours and hours behind Nick and Starr.  

i thought Tina was described to be wearing pink spandex top?

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
Even though Nick & Starr appear to be first at the pitstop it's possible they lost their money and passports.

As of the first preview it doesn't look like Nick has the fanny pack.  Although it could be under his coat although I don't think it looks like it.

Twice before Nick has already left the fanny pack behind and at least 1 time that we know about they had to go back and get it.

I just hope it's not Dallas & Toni and if it's not Nick & Starr then it's Dandrew.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »
Joab,

We know it isn't them who lose it, and we also know it isn't Nick and Star, who were filmed checking into the pit stop first.

What makes you say so Michael? AS far as I know, we don't KNOW who loses it...having your fanny pack doesn't mean your passport is in it... ;)

Evidence for all:

Nick/Starr not their usual happy selves at the mat? Had to wait in a roped off area till the next team arrived?

Dan/Andrew: per BVM: "they make terrible mistakes"

Ken/Tina: no evidence either way

Toni/Dallas: not spotted in Portland... which may be the most compelling evidence of all because we know from BVM that whichever team loses their stuff IS prevented from joining their teammates at the final mat.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 09:10:48 PM »
Peach whats this about Nick & Starr having to wait at the Pit Stop?  I don't remember that.

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »
Here it is: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/passports.html

I don't know how the Russian visa-end will work because I know Russia is VERY VERY STRICT with the Visas but I am sure with production in tow and it being a race the Russian gov't may be lenient.

EDIT:
Sponsorship: Under Russian law, every foreign traveler must have a Russian-based sponsor, which could be a hotel, tour company, relative, employer, university, etc. Even if a visa was obtained through a travel agency in the United States, there is always a Russian legal entity whose name is indicated on the visa and who is considered to be the legal sponsor. Russian law requires that the sponsor must apply on the traveler's behalf for replacement, extension, or changes to a Russian visa. U.S. citizens are strongly advised to ensure that they have contact information for the visa sponsor prior to arrival in Russia, as the sponsor's assistance will be essential to resolve any visa problems.

Straight from the US Embassy in Moscow website at  http://moscow.usembassy.gov/russian-visas.html here is what our team is up against:

Visitors who lose their U.S. passports and Russian visas to accident or theft must immediately replace their passports at the U.S. Embassy or one of the Consulates General. The traveler must then enlist the visa sponsor to obtain a new visa in order to depart the country. As noted above, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates General are not able to intercede in cases in which visas must be replaced. It is helpful to make a photocopy of your visa in the event of loss, but a copy is not sufficient to permit departure.

The good news is that the sponsor is the one who gets your visa, so they have all the info ahead of time. We know that they were not fast enough for this team, though. I almost feel like I can't watch at this point.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »
Even though Nick & Starr appear to be first at the pitstop it's possible they lost their money and passports.

As of the first preview it doesn't look like Nick has the fanny pack.  Although it could be under his coat although I don't think it looks like it.

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about Nick not having his fanny pack.

I just watched the video made and it's hard to tell but I think Nick does have the fanny pack.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »
I think Toni and Dallas are the only team not spotted in Portland. That's why i said they're killed. Obviously i hope they are not. :'(

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
Joab,

SNIP

What makes you say so Michael? AS far as I know, we don't KNOW who loses it...having your fanny pack doesn't mean your passport is in it... ;)

SNIP

In reply 11 above it almost looks like Tina's fanny pack is open or the lady standing by her is holding paper in the area of the fanny pack.

Is it possible contents were stolen on Metro?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 09:29:53 PM »
 :yess:  Dandrew are near the Victory Monument in Victory Park, Moscow

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »

ur great thanks.

i'm excited. this will be fun.

now amazing race info for you guys:

the team that vanessa took a pic of was obviously the first. i can't describe the 2nd team. we saw them at a difference. but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail. she was blond and wearing spandex pink. she was yelling at the guy she was with and they fought over the right direction. she sprinted the wrong way, then they figured it out. it was pretty funny.

they also had a huge amazing race party that night at a hall at the back of the exhibition centre. it was all very secretive.

also, did you know once the contestants come through they sit at the side? i always envisioned them giong off to a hotel, but no they sat in a waiting area until at the one of the other teams came thorugh.

talk soon

robyn 

ps: Tina and Ken were spotted at PDX, she wore green, described as a very tan blond.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:36:34 PM by puddin »

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »
I don't think the passports get stolen, cause thats not really a mistake is it?  That more light real bad bad luck.  Maybe Tina drops them, or they fall out.   The funny thing is this is never going to get caught on camera [unless they redo it], cause i can not imagine a camera seeing it happen and not telling them, they dropped their passports.

Any yea sorry about my Tina description, i must have been mistaken.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:43 PM »
Peach whats this about Nick & Starr having to wait at the Pit Stop?  I don't remember that.

It is buried in my 3000 emails from the source...I'll go look...

nvm...puddin has it! see above..
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
Portland contestant sightings here.
unprecedented mistake blurbs here.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »
Actually is it me or what, but i don't think anyone spotted Nick and Starr in Portland as well? :duno:

I remembered there was one team that seems like them, who were later identified to be T/S?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Joab, the links are above your post.

ok, party's over - unwinding here! just remembered that i saw phil on NBC Extra yesterday being interviewing in his home office - just briefly - but i do remember one significant thing he said which i don't think has been mentioned here before -  he said " one team lost some important documentation and some valuables that was ultimately detrimental to their situation in the race, not good not good at all", and then "we make sure everybody gets home safe and sound".

so i'm not so sure about the portland mixup scenario anymore, seems like one team lost (left somewhere or had it stolen) their fanny pack with all their clues and their passports + credit card etc and that's why they don't make it to the final 3.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 09:57:49 PM »
The shots of Ken and Tina are not on the Metro (that's the Moscow Subway).  They are seen on one of the many buses or trams that run just about everywhere in Moscow.

And the fact that a team lost their passports does not mean that that team finished last at the pit stop.  A team could have finished second (Dallas and Toni)  and then suddenly realized that they did not have their passports.  So we have one team eliminated from the race (Dan and Andrew) and one team stuck in Moscow.  So only two teams actually make the final dash to Portland.  We had a similar situation when only Romber and (names excape me) make that plane from Puerto Rico to Miami.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:03:43 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »
video, slowed down a little

Offline gekidasa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »
During tonight's ep, when Nick and Starr arrived at the bakery, the taxi driver tried to hand them something that looked like papers to me. Nick and Starr didn't notice and walked away, and the rattlesnake sound effect of screw ups was heard. The fact that this didn't come up at all during the rest of the episode, but that it was noted with the sound effect, makes me think that it's going to be important next episode. In other words, I think Nick and Starr left their passports behind at that moment.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
:yess:  Dandrew are near the Victory Monument in Victory Park, Moscow
You found the horsey  :yess: :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
The shots of Ken and Tina are not on the Metro (that's the Moscow Subway).  They are seen on one of the many buses or trams that run just about everywhere in Moscow.

And the fact that a team lost their passports does not mean that that team finished last at the pit stop.  A team could have finished second (Dallas and Toni)  and then suddenly realized that they did not have their passports.  So we have one team eliminated from the race (Dan and Andrew) and one team stuck in Moscow.  So only two teams actually make the final dash to Portland.  We had a similar situation when only Romber and (names excape me) make that plane from Puerto Rico to Miami.
Gman speaks! :bounce :wise :ythat: (although I am not convinced its DanDrew..yet)