Author Topic: Matty Whitmore  (Read 6122 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Matty Whitmore
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »

Biography
Matty Whitmore (29)
Hometown: Pacific Palisades, California

Matty Whitmore knows first-hand what it's like to have a lot and what's it's like to lose it all. At the age of 18, Whitmore inherited a trust fund from his grandparents, allowing him to live a comfortable life in paradise until partying it all away. Now at the age of 29, Whitmore wants the opportunity to find out what he's capable of doing on his own and believes SURVIVOR holds the answer.

Whitmore currently works as a personal trainer on the westside of Los Angeles and enjoys teaching health and wellness. His idea of a perfect day includes a two-hour vigorous workout, training clients and a surf session, followed by an hour in the sauna and yoga. The remainder of his day is spent hanging out with his long-time girlfriend, Jamie, and his beloved dog, Dink. He claims that if health was wealth; he'd be considered a billionaire.

Not only does Matty have physical ability and strength, but he also possesses bravado and confidence. He brings knowledge of the outdoors and social skills to the game and can't wait to gain more self-awareness through this experience. Whitmore prides himself on helping people not take themselves too seriously and hopes to use those skills to manipulate others into doing what's best for him.

He currently lives with his girlfriend in Pacific Palisades, Calif. His birth date is December 18, 1978.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Matty Whitmore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:43:59 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:33:13 PM »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
.... an interesting article:

I’m an honest asshole, a fool, and I don’t want to take myself seriously

The first thing Matty Whitmore did when he sat down to talk to me was turn his chair 90 degrees to his left, so he was no longer facing me. Although we were under a tree, sunlight occasionally filtered through the branches, and he asked if he could move his chair. “Absolutely,” I said, not anticipating that I’d be having a conversation with the side of his face for the next 16 minutes. So it was, to say the least, odd.

So was Matty. He had some interesting things to say—about consumerism, for example, and about what matters in life—but he also seemed bothered by the whole experience, including our conversation. And while he has a really clear philosophy about not taking things seriously and having fun, he was super-serious and humorless the whole time we talked. Like Kelly, he had a tendency to give short answers, although always with a tone—an almost sneering, arrogant, dismissive attitude that you can hear and judge for yourself below—that suggested I was an idiot for not already knowing a clearly obvious answer.

Matty’s grandfather is Oscar-nominated actor James Whitmore, his grandmother Audra Lindley played Helen Roper on Three’s Company, and his uncle is TV director James Whitmore, Jr. Despite that pedigree, he told me, “I’m below the poverty line. My family doesn’t give me money or give me handouts; doesn’t happen.” His CBS bio, however, said he had inherited and burned through a trust fund, so I challenged him and he admitted it. “I was given an education trust from my grandfather; I went through that by the time I was 23. I’m about 30 now, so that’s been 7 years of being destitute, on my own. All me.” He later said he “hated that money. … Money’s not everything. Not even close.”

Perhaps because he was recruited—at the Whole Foods in Santa Monica—Matty said a few times how much he was looking forward to going home, even tough the game had not yet started. He repeatedly said how content he is with his life in Santa Monica, where he works as a personal trainer. When I asked what he wanted out of the game, he said, “More self-awareness, more self-understanding. Growth. Going home, loving my girlfriend more, loving my dog more, loving where I live more, loving the way food tastes more, loving the way—I just want to take it all in, you know?”

In the game, he said, “my biggest concern in this is taking myself seriously. That’s my concern basically in life. I don’t want to take myself seriously. Ever. I’m a fool, and I want to remain a fool,” he said, and he wasn’t kidding at all. Speaking of kidding, when I asked what he’d contribute to his tribe, Matty said, “I bring the most important sense that the human beings have, and that’s the sense of humor. … All the other senses are good, but that’s top.”

Ironically, he didn’t say a single funny thing during our entire conversation, and was rather serious about his philosophy. “I like to be simple, you know? This world’s too caught up with experts and political correctness. I just want to be a lighthearted person and make people not take themselves so seriously as well.”

Later, he said, “I’m an honest asshole,” and also described himself by saying, “I don’t like to read much, I don’t like to write much, I just like to socialize, you know, be with people—that’s where I do my best work,” he said, adding repeatedly how he wasn’t concerned about how others would react to him, or about the game’s effect on his body, or anything else except snakes.
When I asked him about his strategy for training people, he didn’t really have an answer except to say, “I give them the Matty experience.”

Link: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_gabon/2008_Sep_08_matty_whitmore

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

:funny: That article cracks me up I had to read it a second time LMAO hehehe

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »
I know many of you are pulling for Matty to win Survivor and here's a great picture of him:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:59:22 PM »
Yeah I really want Matty to win! I wish him luck! Thanks Will :<3