Author Topic: EP9:11/23 "That Is Studly"  (Read 54655 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: EP9:11/23 "That Is Studly"
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
*One team's expensive purchase comes back to haunt them when an unpaid taxi driver stands in their way to the Pit Stop.
I heard a TAR radio commercial in the car today (I rarely hear those), and it sounded like Dandrew complaining about no cab money.

Maybe Andrew & Dan really do purchase shoes and that's why they run out of money, if the TAR radio commercial is any indication.

Belle Book

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
great info ty.. 3 more hrs to go here...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »
Nick is just starting the Roadblock after Ken (and presumably Dallas) have finished theirs.

See that the flour bags are already piled up to the bakery lady's right.  That was where Ken was placing his bags.

:angel: It could also be Dandrew who have already completed it... :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
From the preview, Dallas stacked his flour sacks near the lady to her right and Ken was farther away from her, but on the same side of the room. You can't see his stack. Ken's stack is in the extreme camera foreground on the left, underneath the camera lens. Similiar to the two boxes on the right. DanDrew's "box" is still empty. Their box is the empty one in front of Nick's.

I think DanDrew realize they are dead last at the roadblock and spend all their money on something, before going to the mat.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »
I think DanDrew realize they are dead last at the roadblock and spend all their money on something, before going to the mat.

Now we know where she comes in!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »

Now we know where she comes in!
  :groan: :funny:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2008, 05:03:40 PM »
And on top of that they are spared by a non-elimination leg.   :groan:

So we get to do it all again next week.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
LOL at Chateau!

Hey Boingo!?

Where does the Pitstop live please?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
And on top of that they are spared by a non-elimination leg.   :groan:

So we get to do it all again next week.
  :lol: Next week is the week I am so looking forward to, finally we will get our final 3!

and peach, its just off the map, Russian Academy of Science

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
From the preview, Dallas stacked his flour sacks near the lady to her right and Ken was farther away from her, but on the same side of the room. You can't see his stack. Ken's stack is in the extreme camera foreground on the left, underneath the camera lens. Similiar to the two boxes on the right. DanDrew's "box" is still empty. Their box is the empty one in front of Nick's.

On pg 1 of thread 1st reply under Roadblock.  There is picture of Ken putting bags by the door and AC.  Just below his screen cap is Dallas (shorts) putting his bags also just inside the door.  I think maybe the lady is counting them.

When I posted message 25 of this thread I didn't realize there was a screen cap of both of them putting bags along the wall.  I also didn't notice the boxes drawn on the floor.  Good catch.  It does appear Dandrew hasn't done the bags by the time Nick got there.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »

When I posted message 25 of this thread I didn't realize there was a screen cap of both of them putting bags along the wall.  I also didn't notice the boxes drawn on the floor.  Good catch.  It does appear Dandrew hasn't done the bags by the time Nick got there.

The taped "box" is an old stagehand trick. If you have ever seen the stage in a theater when a production is going on....there are pieces of tape everywhere.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »
DETOUR! :happy:

use this map link and zoom WAYYY in!!  :jumpy:

They gave us this for a reason...

So maybe the village we can't get is on the way? Travel by taxi to (phonetics here) Klaus Cannon? near the village of Tenner--neska??

A taxi driver stands in the way of the Pitstop

That would be along the M-5 SE of Moscow...

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GFRC,GFRC:2007-02,GFRC:en&q=Bronnitsy&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.