Author Topic: Amazing Race 14 contestant *spoilers* summary on page 1  (Read 188708 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race 14 contestant *spoilers* summary on page 1
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »
Contestant Summary:
Contestant summary
Linda & Steve Cole - Married
LaKisha & Jennifer Hoffman - Sisters
Victoria Pfeifer Hunt & Brad Hunt - Married 
Jodi Wincheski & Christie Volkmer - Co workers 
Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka - Dating
Mel & Michael White - Father/Son   
Mark Munoz & Michael Munoz - Brothers 
Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy - Dating  
Tamara & Victor Jih - Siblings    
Margie" & Luke Adams - Mother/Son 
Cara Rosenthal & Jaime Edmondson - Former NFL Cheerleaders

much thanks to BlindFreddy@ survivorfever.net for helping with the cast

Father & Son team Mike & Mel White:
Mike & Mel White  gay father and son from Los Angeles, Ca. Might be wearing "blue" clothing.
Mel:
*James Melville White (born 1940) is a gay American clergyman and author. White was a behind-the-scenes member of the Evangelical Protestant movement during the 1960s, '70s, and '80s, writing speeches and ghostwriting books for televangelists such as Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and Billy Graham. After years of writing for the Religious Right, he came out of the closet in 1994.
*White graduated from Warner Pacific College. That same year, he married his wife Lyla. They had two children, one of whom is the actor/comedian and screenwriter Mike White.
Mel White admitted to his wife that he had always been attracted to men. He embarked on a long process of attempted "cures" for his homosexuality, including psychotherapy, prayer, Electroconvulsive therapy, and exorcism.
*Since 1993, he has devoted himself full-time to minister to lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people, working on their behalf in the media, in the political process, and with fellow religious leaders.
Mike:
*Michael White (born June 28, 1970) is an American writer, director, actor, and producer for television and film and the winner of the Independent Spirit John Cassavetes Award for Chuck & Buck.
*Born in Pasadena, California, White attended Polytechnic School and Wesleyan University. White's father is the Reverend Dr. Mel White, a former speechwriter for Religious Right figures such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. White is openly bisexual. His father, meanwhile, came out as homosexual in 1994.
*White was a writer and producer on Dawson's Creek and Freaks and Geeks and wrote and acted in the films Chuck & Buck, The Good Girl, Orange County, School of Rock and Nacho Libre. He also had a role in the 2004 remake of The Stepford Wives.

Female /Female friends Jodi Wincheski & "Christie Volkmer" :
Jodi Wincheski from Houston, TX probably paired with  Christie Volkmer and are SouthWest Airline flight attendants.

**She was sitting right next to one of the contestants, my friend said she was a Kelly Ripa lookalike. This contestant had another friend sitting up a few rows, who she kept referring to as Chrissy.
**The lady also told the flight attendant that she and her friend Chrissy are Southwest Airlines flight attendants back home.
***She said she also had noticed one other team of two girls with backpacks and camera crews, which I suspect *may* have been the pair I (romaniafan) saw stalled outside baggage claim, but not sure.
****My friend said the racer sitting next to her on the plane had mentioned that others "from our group" had been on an earlier flight that day. And as I may have already mentioned, she was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of her daughter that said "I love you wherever I go".

Jodi
Christi & Jodi

Christie  Volkmer

Mom  & Son Margaret & Luke Adam:
Margaret & Luke Adam(22), from Monument/Colorado Springs, Co.
*Luke:
is described as deaf as well as gay.
attended Rochester Institute of Tech
Graduated RIT  '07
Colorado Springs, CO
Majored in Criminal Justice, Sociology
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind '03
BIG reality TV Fan
Currently a Starbucks barista

Luke

Married couple Victoria Pfeifer Hunt & Brad Hunt:
Victoria Pfeifer Hunt(46) and husband Brad Hunt(51) from Columbus, OH.
*Victoria is a tax assessor and Brad works for a electric utility power company.
*They both do adventure races/mtn biking/orienteering activities.
** I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks..They may have been middle aged, not sure

Dating couple Preston McCamy & Jennifer Hopka 
Preston McCamy of Birmingham AL, graduate of Auburn U and Jennifer H of Columbia, SC
Jennifer Hopka, from Columbia, SC.  She was apparently a contestant in the 2003 competition for the 50th Anniversary Playmate, and was in the documentary, The 50th Anniversary Ultimate Playmate Search. thanks to peach

** The team in on our car was  the ones in the photo, wearing orange shirts. (photo below)

Female Female team Cara Rosenthal & (?)
**I would guess that they were mid- to late- twenties, but it was getting dark so I could be totally off. The one in the pink had brown hair, the other had lighter hair, but not blond.
*** two girls, looked to be in their 20s
***  double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair ..

Cara Rosenthal

She is a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader and lives in the Miami area
She can be seen modelling a swimsuit here: third model in.
Her partner may also be a former cheerleader, we hope to able to confirm those details later today...

A pair of African American woman
**one was two slightly older African American ladies

Male/ Female Asian brother & sister, Tamara Jih (Tammy) & Victor Jih
Tamara Jih (Tammy) & Victor Jih
She is a resident of San Francisco, graduated from Los Gatos High School in 1999, Stanford in 2003 with a B.A. in International Relations, and from Harvard with a JD in 2006.
She is an Associate Attorney in a firm dealing primarilary with business litigation (trial lawyers).
She also speaks Mandarin.

** Asian couple with backpacks
**one of the contestants, an asian looking man with his girlfriend

Tamara

Victor

" Michael & Mark Munoz
Michael & Mark Munoz, Los Angeles CA.

photo find thanks to TARdevotee
Mike Munoz

Mark Munoz

Shorter male & female

Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka

Amanda

Kris

:barline

Eyewitness reports

•  Nov 1st, Locarno, Ticino Switzerland
enzin77:

* Mornig in Locarno, train Station, y help the couple Dustin & Kandice to go in Verzasca Valley.

SwissMiss08:
*  I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks..They may have been middle aged, not sure, I was never very close.
* ...was two younger people (early to mid 20s).  I think the woman I saw was blond, but not sure.  She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more.

Nov 2nd
Interlaken, Switzerland

Nijjy:
• The team in on our car was  the ones in the photo, wearing orange shirts. (below)
*  I also saw other 3 teams that got off (I don't really know how many are there in total though).
**One older couple looking less agitated than the rest,
***another one of looking-like sisters wearing green shirts, *I meant they were looking alike, but perhaps they are just friends.
****and the other team with an African American lady

Nov 3
Salzburg, Austria

*A young man was driving, what I guess was his wife or girlfriend was behind him.
*A different set of people but with camera and boom men. They held each other's hands ..
*Two women were running together. One was hobbling.
**I'm including two more photos of the team of two women (below)
***They were definitely not African American
**** I would guess that they were mid- to late- twenties, but it was getting dark so I could be totally off. The one in the pink had brown hair, the other had lighter hair, but not blond. The one in the pink dropped her water bottle, which was white.

Nov 5th
Brasov & Bucharest, Romania

romaniafan:
*I spotted at least four teams coming thru baggage claim at about that time, one of which might have overlapped with the ones my friend spotted
* Asian couple with backpacks
* two girls, looked to be in their 20s
*.. then I saw at least two other teams and their camera crews come running through the doors -
**one was two slightly older African American ladies,
***and another was two rather short men

romaniafans friend who was on flight with the teams:
*She was sitting right next to one of the contestants, my friend said she was a Kelly Ripa lookalike. This contestant had another friend sitting up a few rows, who she kept referring to as Chrissy.
**The lady also told the flight attendant that she and her friend Chrissy are Southwest Airlines flight attendants back home.
***She said she also had noticed one other team of two girls with backpacks and camera crews, which I suspect *may* have been the pair I (romaniafan) saw stalled outside baggage claim, but not sure.

****My friend said the racer sitting next to her on the plane had mentioned that others "from our group" had been on an earlier flight that day. And as I may have already mentioned, she was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of her daughter that said "I love you wherever I go".

Seriously
Gara de Nord, Bucharest’s primary train station
*One particular team of young women looked too manicured for such a contest at such an hour

Nov 15
flight Bangkok to Phuket:

*one of the contestants, an asian looking man with his girlfriend. Nice guy.
*Also two older men.

Nov 15 Phucket news:
*At least four pairs of contestants taking part in a travel documentary are racing around Phuket using various forms of transport today.
**Two contestants in a TV production being filmed by foreigners in Phuket (see photo below)

Nov 22? 23?
Air China flight from Beijiing to Tokyo:

*we found ourselves watching the double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair preen the entire time for the cameras

--Remember Michael's just a rumor post? About the father/son team from the LA area?
I can now confirm that this is no longer a rumor, :lol: :yes: 
--And in the biggest surprise of the season, we are going to have a totally deaf female racer, who must rely on signing, and who will require subtitling during the episodes. 

I found this fwiw,
Just a rumor… (The Amazing Race 14)
September 30, 2008

I overheard a father/son talking about their upcoming participation in The Amazing Race season 14.  I don’t think they are supposed to talk about their participation, so I won’t get into a more specific descriptions.

cool thread,
i also recieved a reply from the blogger with more information:

Got your comment… The son was pretty shy but the dad
was very outgoing. They seemed interested in finding
color matching stuff. If I remember correctly it was
all dark blue.
The son was probably early twenties,
maybe younger. Dad looked like late 50s ish. The son
was somewhat aloof, but dad was very confident, and
seemed like quite the joker. I don’t think they were
supposed to let on that they were on the next TAR but
I specifically heard them mention it. (dad did anyhow)

• Our first spoiled contestants, by name:
Mike & Mel White, gay father and son from LA.

New Contestant Spoilers and Updates
:update:

Thanks to BlindFreddy & MayanSun @ survivorfever 

Hey all, newbie here...
Firstly, I'd like to thank 'Puddin' for all the spoilers and hard work here over the various seasons.

Thought I'd share some possible cast info that MayanSun from SuvivorFever and myself came across when digging for Survivor: Tocantins cast.

• Meet the SouthWest Airline flight attendant(Kelly Rippa look-alike)...
Jodi Wincheski from Houston TX. Still working on 'Chrissy', her TAR partner.

• Meet Deaf male castmember Luke Adams 22, from Monument/Colorado Springs CO...possibly paired w/Margaret Adams(mother?/sister?) Luke attended Rochester Institute of Tech and acquainted w/Christy Smith of Survivor Amazon.

• Meet Victoria Pfeifer Hunt(46) and husband Brad Hunt(51) from Columbus OH. She's a tax assessor and he works for a electric utility power company. They both do adventure races/mtn biking/orienteering activities.

They might be the couple in this pic:
http://www.survivorfever.net/images_tar/new-2.jpg

• And finally, the Auburn-orange team of Preston McCamy of Birmingham AL, graduate of Auburn U and Jennifer H of Columbia SC

We'll see what else turns up...enjoy the show guys.
BlindFreddy
Edit to add Luke's age of 22
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:00:16 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 14 contestant speculation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
posted by Michael:

Well, we all know it's starting to film soon, so I thought I'd make this thread...

I found this fwiw,

Just a rumor… (The Amazing Race 14)
September 30, 2008

I overheard a father/son talking about their upcoming participation in The Amazing Race season 14.  I don’t think they are supposed to talk about their participation, so I won’t get into a more specific descriptions.

Funny how so much of the entertertainment world is centered in just one area.  After transplanting myself from the midwest I was excited to see the celebrities in Los Angeles. I had no idea how prolific “the industry” is around here.
source

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 12:08:27 PM »
cool thread,
i also recieved a reply from the blogger with more information:

Got your comment… The son was pretty shy but the dad
was very outgoing. They seemed interested in finding
color matching stuff. If I remember correctly it was
all dark blue.
The son was probably early twenties,
maybe younger. Dad looked like late 50s ish. The son
was somewhat aloof, but dad was very confident, and
seemed like quite the joker. I don’t think they were
supposed to let on that they were on the next TAR but
I specifically heard them mention it. (dad did anyhow)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »
From Romaniafan:

A few seconds later an Asian couple with backpacks came running through the doors.
Few minutes later two girls, looked to be in their 20s, came running out shouting at the crowd asking where the taxis were.
two slightly older African American ladies
another was two rather short men.

We also have:

Father/Son who planned on wearing dark blue (likely to be false IMO)

So so far, we have 5 possible team descriptions:

-An asian couple
-2 girls in their 20s
-two older black girls
-two short men
- and a possible father/son team (who could be the short men lol)

Offline romaniafan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
There was also the perhaps late 30's or 40-something lady my friend was sitting next to on the Munich-Bucharest plane ("a Kelly Ripa lookalike", she said), and her teammate Chrissy (also est in her late 30's or 40's), supposedly both Southwest Airlines flight attendants!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
updated list lol

-An asian couple
-2 girls in their 20s
-two older black girls
-Another F/F team (one named Chrissy) late 30s - 40 something lady; both are supposed to be Southwest Airlines flight attendants.
-two short men
-Tall man and Short woman
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:33:42 PM by Michael »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »
Hi romaniafan !

:hithere:

Any chance your friend could peruse the Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants group in Facebook and see if they recognize anyone???  :spy:
There's a bunch of Chrissy's and a few Kelly Ripa lookalikes...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
I know who I'm going to be rooting for!  If there's any team that can overcome my desire to see an all-female team win, it's an Asian couple.  So I'm rooting for the Asian couple.

Belle Book

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
Kiwi, I already made a list, but I think this is more correct:

-An asian couple
-2 girls in their 20s
-two older black girls
-Another F/F team (one named Chrissy) late 30s - 40 something lady; both are supposed to be Southwest Airlines flight attendants.
-two short men
-Tall Man and Short Woman

The chances are Chrissy and her friend or the girls in their 20s are the "dustin and kandice" team that were helped, because I doubt they would cast any more F/F teams.

I did add the tall man short woman to the list thoug.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 09:35:44 PM »
add on the dating team tall woman blonde and her boyfriend!  :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »
Around 7, I was again heading up towards the plaza AGAIN when we were passed by a team heading down the street, towards the vicinity of the Piazza Grande or the castle, we thought.  This team was two younger people (early to mid 20s).  I think the woman I saw was blond, but not sure.  She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more.  The "producer" (ie 4th person in group, not carrying a backpack or camera) stopped her to adjust her shirt or necklace as they walked down the street.

Hello?  :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 11:00:24 PM »
so I got the dating team wrong sorry!!! That doesnt mean you cant add them!!

haha, ok...

--------------------------------

Speculation List

-An asian couple
-2 girls in their 20s
-two older black girls
-two short men
-Tall Man and Short Woman
- and a possible father/son team (This team has not been spotted by anybody, just on the list because of blogger over hearing a Dad/Son talking about being on TAR14
**A tall blond woman (about 5'9) was also spotted, but with no mention of a team mate she could be a member of one of the above mentioned teams.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:09:31 PM by Michael »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:34:45 AM »
More on the 2 girls thanks to Serious

*One particular team of young women looked too manicured for such a contest at such an hour...
*I did get a close look at a team of two young Caucasian girls who could have been models, as thin and attractive as they were.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »
I'll guess they are who venzin77's Dustin and Kandice.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 01:35:55 AM »

From Michaels blog find in Austria we have:
1) A young man was driving, what I guess was his wife or girlfriend was behind him. He and the woman were frazzled, amazingly desperate! And they were covered in what looked like an amazing amount blood, guts, and pumpkin rot. But it all looked fake. Plus they had tons of make-up on.

2)Just then, another white car pulled into the parking lot. A different set of people but with camera and boom men. They held each other's hands and headed right past us through a different door than the main entrance. I wanted to tell them that the path they were taking was a Detour, but I figured it wasn't my place. In fact, a staff member came up to us a short time later and asked us in German if we'd said anything to the couple.

3)We saw bobbing through the trees what looked like a TV camera light. Two women were running together. One was hobbling. The other said, "I'm going ahead a bit," and the other countered with, "OK, go ahead." Off into the park they went, clueless as the day was long.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 01:45:03 AM »
thanks Mrs Shek

I don't think this helps now but maybe in the future it will :lol:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 02:17:33 AM »
In the photo of the blonde lady and blue shirted man, they seem to me to be in the 'middle aged' and category based on their clothes the way they are wearing them. The lady's trousers seem quite high waisted, with a belt and top tucked in, and the guy also has shirt tucked in, and *may* have a slight loss of hair.

The only thing that I can see that may be able to be identified from the 2nd photo and compared to other future photos is the back pack. :duno:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:25:22 AM by Mrs Shrek »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »
I think there is only one person in the second photo. Could be the team of girls one who walked slowly due to an injury? and the other running ahead!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
Thanks to puddin we have our first clear shot of a TAR14 team:

let's begin trying to find them!  :yess:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:35:30 AM by Michael »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
Our photo friend from the Interlaken picture that puddin discovered has been kind enough to send us a lot more info, as well as another picture for us to see!

:thankyou: so much!! And we are hoping to have you join us here!!

Thanks for your e-mail and excitement and I'm glad to be able to help
patching some of your Amazing Race puzzle!

Each team seems to have a cameraman and a sound engineer
assigned and closely followed.

I also saw other 3 teams that got off (I don't really know how many are there in
total though). One older couple looking less agitated than the rest, another one
of looking-like sisters wearing green shirts, and the other team with an African
American lady.

I'm attaching you another non-zoomed photo at the station too, taking at the
same time. I'm guessing that the older guy in there was the taxi driver.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »
Yay older team!! We can add them too!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »
Phuket Nov 15

a possible team

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 08:24:24 AM »
yeay! a female team!

the girl sitting on the rickshaw seems to be wearing the same black tights to the female team spotted in Austria so maybe they are the same? it could be! Go FF team for the win!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
Okay, so we have an all-female team that makes it to Phuket!  I like that too.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
I've asked romaniafan to take a look at the latest photo, maybe he can shed some light whether its the female female team that he witnessed.