Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673321 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1575 on: May 01, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »
Got my copy of the latest Entertainment Weekly today. Their 'tv picks for the week of May 4-10' section has a big mention and picture of Margie and Luke in the recommendations for the May 10 episode, and EW has had those kind of light spoilers before this season in that section (ie. the magazine showing showing Mel and Mike would make it to Russia #2 arrived at my house before Russia #1 aired)

In their Must list section earlier in the issue, Luke, Margie, Jamie, and, oddly enough, Kisha and Jen get mentioned as part of Must #4 for the week. (Race season finale) Tammy and Victor are mentioned in neither blurb. So Margie and Luke are almost certainly through to the finale, and I'd say that if Must #4 is referring to the actual finale episode (and they seem to be getting earlier screeners this year) then the picture upthread might indeed be a shot filmed after the finish.
The problem being Kisha and Jen are not in the final 3.

walkingpneumonia  you crack me up   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1576 on: May 01, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »
Specially noticing the Cara chop! :funny:

We need to put you to work in our Photochop thread!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1577 on: May 01, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
walkingpneumonia,
I can't read it very well, but the two words that stand out are Siberia on the first line and Chekhov on the second line. it looks to me that there is a display for that book set up on the sidewalk in front of him.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1578 on: May 01, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
I love the Cara shop. Tremendous!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1579 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »
I gotta be honest...win or lose (and frankly at this point the edit and other sources point to an obvious V/T win here, which is cool), but the best thing about C/J in the Final 3?!...*FINALLY* getting to see Jaime and Cara in glorious HD on the Early Show Monday morning!!  ;D

Even if the segment will only last 4 minutes and no one can really look their best getting up before 6:00 am.

Welcome to RFF tigellinus. I am hoping for the best for C/J but I'm cool with whoever wins (but I do favor them.)  :-[
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline dirrty08

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1580 on: May 03, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »
I don't know.. the photo of the decoy teams seems too fabricated. Normally decoy teams will be seperate out, not group together. E.g if one of 3 finalist teams is way ahead of another 2 teams, a decoy team will follow that particular team and the remaining teams will be with another set of decoy teams.

Maybe, just maybe, Jen & Keisha made final 3 and are the first team to arrive in Hawaii.. I also notice that they did not carry any bags. It could be possible that they just chuck away their back packs & continue with the race. I mean hey, it is for a million bucks. I know some of u will say where is the soundman if Keisha & Jen are in the final 3. If u look closely to the cameraman, there's already a microphone on the cam and the sound man is needed when teams are making audible dialouges.

Or like some of u said, they record all the decoys after the final mat. Could be another possibilities also. Now, nothing is certain for me. I mean it could go a lot of ways. Jamie & Cara are seen together with Margie & Luke. It could also be possible that one of the teams are a decoy to another.

We'll just wait and see.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1581 on: May 03, 2009, 04:21:57 AM »
I know some of u will say where is the soundman if Keisha & Jen are in the final 3. If u look closely to the cameraman, there's already a microphone on the cam and the sound man is needed when teams are making audible dialouges.

I think the sound man could be in front of the closest cameraman.  Check the cameraman's legs.  There you can see an ankle and foot for a male's right leg and then a smidgen of the left leg by the knee of the closest cameraman.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1582 on: May 03, 2009, 06:58:18 AM »
I think the sound man could be in front of the closest cameraman.  Check the cameraman's legs.  There you can see an ankle and foot for a male's right leg and then a smidgen of the left leg by the knee of the closest cameraman.

Actually that is another cameraman, hidden by the camaraman in the foreground. If you look real close, you can see two cameras....one sticking out in the front, 4-5 inches, of the other camera.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1583 on: May 03, 2009, 08:26:10 AM »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1584 on: May 03, 2009, 08:45:18 AM »
The Shanghai spoiler.

That is all.

This looks cool... but Shanghai is too small for 14 episodes  :funny: Extreme China much!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1585 on: May 04, 2009, 09:02:51 AM »
The Shanghai spoiler.

That is all.

I like wrapping up loose ends...thank you Neobie!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1586 on: May 04, 2009, 01:18:04 PM »
We are dupicating each other and why are we discussing the final leg in this topic when really it belongs in the final leg topic? I think this topic has lost its usefulness seeing as there is only 1 leg left to discuss.
:lock

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1587 on: May 14, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
This is not particularly a spoiler or speculation but the more logical threads on which to place it have been locked.

One extra interesting item that has been reported by Margie in an interview and during the live RFF interview with Trevor and rob is what happened in Guilin the first night. Apparently, they went up the mountain and slept in sleeping bags that each team had brought. It was cold and rainy and uncomfortable.

The same question applies to what happened between the faux pit stop in Beijing, but there are no answers to that yet.