Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674362 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1475 on: April 25, 2009, 12:12:32 AM »
I think TAR 12 is one of those rare seasons where we don't know who will win until the last 15minutes, where they decided to focus on Ron/Chris and TK/Rachel because Nic/Don was so far behind, but other than that.. until the Roadblock they were all neck-in-neck! TAR 12 is a great season i guess. As for this season.. i foresee the same thing happening again! :tup:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1476 on: April 25, 2009, 02:05:19 AM »
^^Well, I think that most season finales had intense races for 1st & 2nd, with the 3rd placer easily determined:

Season 1: Rob/Brennan & Frank/Margarita are neck-and-neck until the subway train, with the Guidos behind
Season 2: Tara/Wil ahead, but Chris/Alex sneak up; Blake/Paige are close behind, but with the top two being SO close, they were sort of resigned to 3rd
Season 3: All teams are neck-and-neck here
Season 4: Reichen/Chip held a lead over Kelly/Jon
Season 5: Chip/Kim & Colin/Christie are neck-and-neck, until Colin/Christie's limo broke down
Season 6: Freddy/Kendra are ahead, Kris/Jon close behind but fall behind due to the train
Season 7: Uchenna/Joyce were way ahead of Romber
Season 8: footrace
Season 9: final task was so close
Season 10: Tyler/James held a lead
Season 11: All 3 teams were neck-and-neck
Season 12: like you said
Season 13: Nick/Starr & Ken/Tina neck-and-neck until Voodoo Doughnut
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1477 on: April 25, 2009, 07:39:42 AM »
Raymond, that's a decent summary of the history of the finale of Amazing Races with certain exceptions l will address below, but first I want to address your inference that seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 all had trailing teams and that's why it was a 2 team race to the Finish Line. World Race Productions clearly has a goal reinforced by constant bunching throughout each race to reach a 3 team competition in the finale. The only instances with only 2 teams and extraneous factors were not responsible is "None of the above":

AR1 - Joe/Bill were 24 hours behind and had no chance of catching up
AR4 - Dave/Jeff fly to Sydney instead of to Tokyo and take themselves about 24 hours out of contention
AR5 - the infamous disallowal of Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole on the United flight Denver to Dallas only due to the baggage check-in issue; also the fact that this is a genuine 3 team race with Nicole/Brandon maybe 10 minutes behind Colin/Christie at the finish line
AR6 - Adam/Rebecca lag slightly behind in Hawaii
AR7 - Ron/Kelly were even until they miss the exit ramp for San Juan International Airport
AR10 - Lyn/Karlan could not get a seat on sold-out Air France flight CDG to JFK and had to settle for an earlier leaving connection through Dublin to Newark

On the question of your season-by-season summary:

AR1 to 4 - OK
AR5 - Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole were denied the right to fly on the United flight Denver to Dallas due to baggage regulations and their checking of their stuff back in Calgary on American Airlines, on whom they were originally ticketed to fly. They were on the same flight from Calgary to Denver as Chip/Kim. It was the flight and not the limo driver problems that caused Colin/Christie being behind.
AR6 - you have cause and effect wrong. The cause of Jon/Kris being behind was their poor decision on which flight to take from Honolulu to Hawaii. The train was superfluous and merely reflected the difference in flights.
AR7 - Uchenna/Joyce and Rob/Amber were able to take the same flight from San Juan to Miami. Soon after arriving, they took different paths through Miami's Little Havana Cuban section. Uchenna/Joyce gained about a 45 minute lead there, most of which they used up in trying to beg for the remainder of their taxi fare from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. From Little Havana to Ft. Lauderdale and from the bridge jump back almost to San Juan International Airport are the only 2 points where where Uchenna/Joyce were actually ahead in the finale of AR7
AR8 - there was no footrace that I remember. Nick Linz had to run for a very minor amount of yards to reach the Finish Line while Wally Branson had to finish the puzzle.
AR9 - OK
AR10 - the lead for Tyler/James over Rob/Kimberly developed as a results of the EZPass incident at a tollbooth in Queens on the way to Manhattan. They kept this lead for about 30 minutes in Manhattan and maybe 90 minutes driving to Garrison.
AR11 - it depends on what you mean by neck-and-neck. Eric/Danielle won by about 10 minutes over Dustin/Kandice, who were ahead of Charla/Mirna by about 15 minutes at the Finish Line. To me, that is not like AR2 which was real neck-and-neck.
AR12 - from the scale ROADBLOCK on, I saw no neck-and-neck here. I reemmber TK/Rachel winning by at least 10 minutes.
AR13 - this really was neck-and-neck in downtown Portland; you are correct that after Voodoo Doughnuts it widened to 5 to 11 minutes for Nick/Starr over Ken/Tina.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1478 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
Raymond, that's a decent summary of the history of the finale of Amazing Races with certain exceptions l will address below, but first I want to address your inference that seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 all had trailing teams and that's why it was a 2 team race to the Finish Line. World Race Productions clearly has a goal reinforced by constant bunching throughout each race to reach a 3 team competition in the finale. The only instances with only 2 teams and extraneous factors were not responsible is "None of the above":

AR1 - Joe/Bill were 24 hours behind and had no chance of catching up
AR4 - Dave/Jeff fly to Sydney instead of to Tokyo and take themselves about 24 hours out of contention
AR5 - the infamous disallowal of Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole on the United flight Denver to Dallas only due to the baggage check-in issue; also the fact that this is a genuine 3 team race with Nicole/Brandon maybe 10 minutes behind Colin/Christie at the finish line
AR6 - Adam/Rebecca lag slightly behind in Hawaii
AR7 - Ron/Kelly were even until they miss the exit ramp for San Juan International Airport
AR10 - Lyn/Karlan could not get a seat on sold-out Air France flight CDG to JFK and had to settle for an earlier leaving connection through Dublin to Newark

On the question of your season-by-season summary:

AR1 to 4 - OK
AR5 - Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole were denied the right to fly on the United flight Denver to Dallas due to baggage regulations and their checking of their stuff back in Calgary on American Airlines, on whom they were originally ticketed to fly. They were on the same flight from Calgary to Denver as Chip/Kim. It was the flight and not the limo driver problems that caused Colin/Christie being behind.
AR6 - you have cause and effect wrong. The cause of Jon/Kris being behind was their poor decision on which flight to take from Honolulu to Hawaii. The train was superfluous and merely reflected the difference in flights.
AR7 - Uchenna/Joyce and Rob/Amber were able to take the same flight from San Juan to Miami. Soon after arriving, they took different paths through Miami's Little Havana Cuban section. Uchenna/Joyce gained about a 45 minute lead there, most of which they used up in trying to beg for the remainder of their taxi fare from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. From Little Havana to Ft. Lauderdale and from the bridge jump back almost to San Juan International Airport are the only 2 points where where Uchenna/Joyce were actually ahead in the finale of AR7
AR8 - there was no footrace that I remember. Nick Linz had to run for a very minor amount of yards to reach the Finish Line while Wally Branson had to finish the puzzle.
AR9 - OK
AR10 - the lead for Tyler/James over Rob/Kimberly developed as a results of the EZPass incident at a tollbooth in Queens on the way to Manhattan. They kept this lead for about 30 minutes in Manhattan and maybe 90 minutes driving to Garrison.
AR11 - it depends on what you mean by neck-and-neck. Eric/Danielle won by about 10 minutes over Dustin/Kandice, who were ahead of Charla/Mirna by about 15 minutes at the Finish Line. To me, that is not like AR2 which was real neck-and-neck.
AR12 - from the scale ROADBLOCK on, I saw no neck-and-neck here. I reemmber TK/Rachel winning by at least 10 minutes.
AR13 - this really was neck-and-neck in downtown Portland; you are correct that after Voodoo Doughnuts it widened to 5 to 11 minutes for Nick/Starr over Ken/Tina.

True, but I was going based on how the editors showed it to be. Based on real times, more often than not, there's a clear winner, but I see what you mean.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1479 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

Season 7: Uchenna/Joyce were way ahead of Romber

It was very simple Raymond. To quote Stephen J. Gould from his book, Fortunate Life, it was CHANCE.

Romber and U/J were on the same flight, as everyone knows. Romber were first to the taxi line. They jumped into the first taxi and took off. The driver was a French speaking Haitian that neither understood the clue (which was in Spanish) or comprehended its meaning. U/J got the second taxi that was driven by a Spanish speaking Cuban, he not only understood the clue, but drove right to the cigar shop. After that, all that was important was did U/J have enough time to beg for taxi fare, before Romber arrived. And we all know the answer to that.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1480 on: April 25, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
I asked the poster, and when they went to verify they found it was stated as 12 legs, with 8 elimination legs.  So, yes, we have either a NEL or a TBC....Just trying to decide if they will sneak a TBC in on us.

A little too late for this now, maybe, but assuming you mean a "To Be Continued" leg, if next leg were one of those, then there wouldn't be 12 legs, would there? There would be 11. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1481 on: April 25, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »
I asked the poster, and when they went to verify they found it was stated as 12 legs, with 8 elimination legs.  So, yes, we have either a NEL or a TBC....Just trying to decide if they will sneak a TBC in on us.

A little too late for this now, maybe, but assuming you mean a "To Be Continued" leg, if next leg were one of those, then there wouldn't be 12 legs, would there? There would be 11. :tup:

No, because both ends of a TBC leg count as 1 leg, giving you a total of 2 for Beijing I and Beijing II if a TBC happens.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1482 on: April 25, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »

No, because both ends of a TBC leg count as 1 leg, giving you a total of 2 for Beijing I and Beijing II if a TBC happens.

There are only 3 episodes left, so if there really is a TBC, it would make 11 legs, regardless of how many are in Beijing. :res:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:11:15 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1483 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45:31 PM »
Hooky is right, the so called TBC is not counted as a leg rather it is called the second part of the leg  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1484 on: April 26, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »

The problem with this is that CBS never released how many legs there would be, we had to figure it out on our own through the time/episode threads. I've never read any release where it was stated 11 or 12 legs so as far as we know there are 12 episodes for sure and if there are 12 legs it remains to be seen and of course tonight it will be pretty clear either way.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1485 on: April 26, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »

Well, it's true that their flight to Dallas set them back behind Chip and Kim.  However, Colin explained to me at TARcon that their flight landed only 5 min behind Chip and Kim's (as opposed to the longer time if the planes landed on schedule).  And that 5 min was more than made up by their high speed driver Earl.  While he was moving that is.  It took them ten minutes or more to fix the flat tire that Earl got.  So, Colin was sure that had it not been for the flat tire then they would have beat Chip and Kim. And I believe him.  Chip also concurred with Colin's explanation.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1486 on: April 26, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »
I'm sure I will get scolded for broaching the subject again, but I still have some questions/doubts, whatever you want to call them, on the matter.
I'm not doubting Peach at all, or her amazing fact finding skills.  I am doubting MY OWN interpretation of the facts.
The post is quite long, but it is located here....
« Reply #1262 on: March 29, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

and the line I am still puzzling over is this one...
"Phil didn't really interact with anyone besides an older man who I would assume was a producer of some sort. Photo confirmation that this was Bertram Van Munster—insert: And it definitely was Bertram Van Munster that was with them, he and Phil didn't really interact with anyone but each other. "

If that statement is true, why must we assume, speculate, matriculate, etc.  that T/V are decoys because the 2 groups were "together"?
Isn't it possible, and given the fact that Phil & BVM didn't interact with them, that it was just a coincidence, or bad timing that they were in the same place at the same time?  And given that J/C & M/L were also spotted by the same informant, so I'm guessing in about the same time frame, it could be entirely possible that they were all at the airport at the same time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1487 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »
Once more:   :lol:

Decoys have flown with Phil, Racers have flown with Phil.

Decoys have not flown with Phil, Racers have not flown with Phil.

There is no rule that I am aware of that says racers or decoys can't fly with Phil.

Decoys are filmed, racers are filmed.

Being with or without Phil means nothing.

Phil and Bertram not interacting with racers and/or decoys while the show is filming makes perfect sense.

Period.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1488 on: April 26, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
Once more:   :lol:

There is no rule that I am aware of that says racers or decoys can't fly with Phil.

Phil and Bertram not interacting with racers and/or decoys while the show is filming makes perfect sense.

Period.

And that's your Race Rule of the Day with your host, georgiapeach! :lol:

Tune in next time as we discuss how it is possible for there to be a TBC in the next 3 episodes! :funny: ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1489 on: April 26, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
Once more:   :lol:

Period.

And that's your Race Rule of the Day with your host, georgiapeach! :lol:

Tune in next time as we discuss how it is possible for there to be a TBC in the next 3 episodes! :funny: ;D
With that said,  what should "we" assume, speculate, matriculate, etc next?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1490 on: April 26, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
I predict that Preston & Jennifer will be randomly brought back for tonight's episode! And this will actually be the fifth place elimination, and next leg the fourth.

Now let's see what peach will tell us about that. *bows*

Apskip, don't worry, you don't need to argue with me this time. ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1491 on: April 26, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »
Sorry :funny: , I just couldn't stand it anymore.  :-[

SPEC: I'd really like some Beijing two tasks....

We haven't had an eating task yet, have we?

Is it time for some Chinese delicacies? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #1492 on: April 26, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »
Everyone, congratulations on a very successful season. 

I like Tammy and Victor but there's no evidence to determine how they finished.  Maybe the design of the upcoming leg allowed them to use their language skills to such an advantage that they finished so far ahead of the others that they ended up on a flight with Phil and BvM.  Or, they could have had another catastrophic failure as they incurred in Romania and were eliminated.  I hope that it's the former and not the latter, but that's my wishful thinking.

No matter, Phil said in one of his video interviews in Iowa or Nebraska on his ride across America web site that it was going to be an exciting finish.  And that what I would most like to see happen.

Offline wendyemail

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1493 on: April 27, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
i found this on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzlaL79NcI

could this be next week T/V stuck with a lost taxi driver

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1494 on: April 27, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »
Hi wendy!! :welcome: to RFF!

Thanks for the clip, but that is actually from the April 12 show. You can see all the Insider Videos here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18417.0/topicseen.html

and we are talking about the next episode over here--come join us!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18689.0.html

:hithere:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1495 on: April 27, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »

I like Tammy and Victor but there's no evidence to determine how they finished.  Maybe the design of the upcoming leg allowed them to use their language skills to such an advantage that they finished so far ahead of the others that they ended up on a flight with Phil and BvM.  Or, they could have had another catastrophic failure as they incurred in Romania and were eliminated.  I hope that it's the former and not the latter, but that's my wishful thinking.
I think it's the former.  They might be the only team who doesn't get lost for hours looking for the U-Turn in the next episode and finish hours ahead of everyone else, giving them time to make Phil and Bertram's flight.

They'd better somehow get equalized with everyone else, though.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1496 on: April 27, 2009, 05:59:10 PM »

I think it's the former.  They might be the only team who doesn't get lost for hours looking for the U-Turn in the next episode and finish hours ahead of everyone else, giving them time to make Phil and Bertram's flight.

They'd better somehow get equalized with everyone else, though.

The worst possible ending to a season I thought would be amazing is if Tammy & Victor zoom ahead next episode, and hold a huge lead the entire finale, leading to another boring, predictable, terrible ending.

The second worst possible ending is Margie & Luke winning, which would be awful after Luke's immature behavior.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1497 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
Hooky,
No F3 team in the history of the Amazing Race has ever been able to zoom ahead of the other 2 F3 teams. World Race Productions carefully designs the finish of the penultimate leg and then they typically have massive bunching through one airplane flight at the beginning of the final leg.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1498 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »
Hooky,
No F3 team in the history of the Amazing Race has ever been able to zoom ahead of the other 2 F3 teams. World Race Productions carefully designs the finish of the penultimate leg and then they typically have massive bunching through one airplane flight at the beginning of the final leg.
It was close to happening in Season 7, but Uchenna and Joyce got lucky...How far behind was the second flight in that season, 2 or 3 hours?

Offline sparkling

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1499 on: April 28, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »
From Phil's blog
Margie-Luke vs. Kisha-Jen continues to fester.  They aren't putting aside their differences, which could definitely come into play as they head into the final two legs.  As we've seen in all the seasons, it's essential to try and ignore personal feelings when you get to this point in the race. If you don't, you'll definitely lose focus and make mistakes.

Does this imply that M/L & K/J are in the F3?