Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674382 times)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1425 on: April 20, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
I apologize if the answer is posted elsewhere, but I've been searching for awhile and can't find it. 
We had reports that Michael and Mark were spotted on a certain flight for this leg, I believe 11:00 PM.  After viewing last nights show was that spotting proven correct or a case of misidentification?
Kind of a newbie here, so I am still trying to determine how much faith to put into all these spottings, spoilers and speculations.
Thanks!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1426 on: April 20, 2009, 08:51:29 AM »
I apologize if the answer is posted elsewhere, but I've been searching for awhile and can't find it. 
We had reports that Michael and Mark were spotted on a certain flight for this leg, I believe 11:00 PM.  After viewing last nights show was that spotting proven correct or a case of misidentification?
Kind of a newbie here, so I am still trying to determine how much faith to put into all these spottings, spoilers and speculations.
Thanks!

Hi littlewop!

It's like this, all teams actually went to Guilin and arrived there at night, there was another unaired task at the Folded Brocade Mountains (hours of operation) which completely makes up with what we see as an almost whole nighter trip to the salon. Mark and Michael are seen in Guangzhou meaning they were just going to the Guilin Airport and the city - Just a speculation though!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1427 on: April 20, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
Again, doesn't mean a thing at this point. I do remember in an interview that Preston & Jennifer did saying he was joking with Kisha & Jen at Elimination Station about the time it took him to do the bungy jump. Now, Preston's memory could be sketchy on when that joking took place, but until I hear otherwise, I'm thinking Kisha & Jen are out next.
Preston never said that Jennifer or Kisha for that matter joked with him at the ES! All he said was that she laughed for weeks. Gosh ..............
There is no more ES! Mark and Michael did not go as we see on the Insider clips but we already knew that there fore Kisha and Jen never went to ES so that rumor should be squashed .....gosh!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1428 on: April 20, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
Thanks!
Seeing as all teams flew threw Guangzhou I think the odds are good that it was indeed Mark and Michael. The time and date and description matches perfect.

Heres the Guangzhou China airport sighting on November 17th at 11pm :)

We were in the Guangzhou China airport November 17th around 11pm and saw a team of two caucasian men wearing backpacks running through the airport with a cameraman and producer in tow. They were in the baggage claim area and were in a hurry to find something and stopped at hte information desk to ask directions. The cameraman was working to capture every move. The men were both short and appeared to be related. One had a fanny pack that was visible with red/yellow/back horizontal stripes on it. We went up to them and said "Are you with the Amazing Race?". They said "No", but we are waiting for cast pictures to see if they were telling the truth or not.

--------------------
They were both rarther short (5 ft 5 or less my guess) with brownish red hair. They looked like they were related. I think at least one of them wore glasses. They were "thick" build but not fat. They were wearing shorts and tshirts and both had on back packs. They were very much in a hurry and looked stressed. There was a camera man that was filming their every move and a person carrying a microphone that was stuck in front of their faces as well. Hope that helps
-------------------
It very well could have been Mark and Michael.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1429 on: April 20, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
Again, doesn't mean a thing at this point. I do remember in an interview that Preston & Jennifer did saying he was joking with Kisha & Jen at Elimination Station about the time it took him to do the bungy jump. Now, Preston's memory could be sketchy on when that joking took place, but until I hear otherwise, I'm thinking Kisha & Jen are out next.
Preston never said that Jennifer or Kisha for that matter joked with him at the ES! All he said was that she laughed for weeks. Gosh ..............
There is no more ES! Mark and Michael did not go as we see on the Insider clips but we already knew that there fore Kisha and Jen never went to ES so that rumor should be squashed .....gosh!
Maybe my memory on that was sketchy. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1430 on: April 20, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
Getting off episode nine, which is now over, I found a few interesting tidbit from coolboy66 on Sucks:

My friend, Caryn Bland, she works at a airport in Hawaii.

She said she saw Kisha and Jen there a few months ago. I made her watch the show with me tonight and she said she recognized them.

So 4th place-Tammy/Victor??

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/4316465/t/TAR-14-Spoiler-Thread.html

Neobie, puddin, georgiapeach, make of it what you will.
maybe just running as decoys...

The Kisha & Jen sighting could very well be legit, and I believe it is. But without more information, they could be decoys or really running. They are definitely NOT at ES, so it makes perfect sense to me.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1431 on: April 20, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
Remember that ALL of the remaining teams + Mark and Michael will be seen in airports in Hawaii as they are either final three or running decoy. So Hawaii airport spoilers really don't help us at this point. A sighting reported at the time would have been wonderful though. Thanks anyway! :hugs:

For that matter, ALL of the season 14 racers will be in Hawaii as the ES crowd come to await the final three at the Mat. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1432 on: April 20, 2009, 06:46:26 PM »
Well, I think LaKisha & Jen will make the Final 3, so Tammy & Victor will be out, sad to say.

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1433 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »
Well, I think LaKisha & Jen will make the Final 3, so Tammy & Victor will be out, sad to say.
I agree.  It's the only thing that'd make their blossoming feud with Margie & Luke make any sense.

Now, if it does happen, it'll be interesting to how Tammy & Victor screw up so badly.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1434 on: April 20, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
I agree.  It's the only thing that'd make their blossoming feud with Margie & Luke make any sense.

Now, if it does happen, it'll be interesting to how Tammy & Victor screw up so badly.

Since there isn't very much showing of Tammy and Victor, is it possibe that they come in last and are eliminated on leg 10?  I don't see it very likely since they have 2 legs in Beijing back-to-back, but is there stil a slight chance?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1435 on: April 20, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
Thanks!

I thought this had been made clear in my Timelines posting, but it appears maybe not so. Mark/Michael would have arrived in Guanzhou airport at approximately 1030pm(slightly different if you accept Neobie's time for CZ364). The last flight to Guilin was supposed to leave 80 minutes earlier at 910pm(Kisha/Jen's flight) although the delayed flight the others went on left an unknown time later that evening but before 1030pm, so they had no choice but to wait for the morning flight CZ3232 arriving 1040am.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:47:35 AM by apskip »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1436 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »

Since there isn't very much showing of Tammy and Victor, is it possibe that they come in last and are eliminated on leg 10?  I don't see it very likely since they have 2 legs in Beijing back-to-back, but is there still a slight chance?

Speculation:

I won't rely on that though, T/V may have a breeze in Beijing provided with luck. As they are excellent in Mandarin too.

Let's recall Season 12, everyone was sure that Ron/Chris will be eliminated 6th then 5th then 4th, well, what do we know? Surprise surprise! They won 2nd. If we can see too, nothing much happened to Ron and Chris during the last two legs of their season. Mostly, Jen/Nate and TK/Rachel were the ones featured - with Jen/Nate being so disturbed with TK/Rachel and the like, not the other two...

So I think that it's still anyone's ball game at this point.  ;D

Offline CABoSoxFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1437 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
I copied and pasted this from another thread:

"At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke). To the annoyance of the airline ground staff the film crew kept trying to jump ahead in line and was filming other passengers boarding the plane. I pray my exhausted scowl does not make national television. It would not be an attractive moment to have aired.

Those two teams split in a different direction once we left the plane in Tokyo as we went for our (personal info removed) flight and they went to Hawaii (overheard them saying) and they went onward. "

Now, why would C/J and M/L split up?  I thought they were in an alliance?  Could it possibly be Margie/Luke as a decoy and Lakisha/Jen in the Final 3?  Mother and son finish 4th place like Toni/Dallas?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1438 on: April 20, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
I copied and pasted this from another thread:

"At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke). To the annoyance of the airline ground staff the film crew kept trying to jump ahead in line and was filming other passengers boarding the plane. I pray my exhausted scowl does not make national television. It would not be an attractive moment to have aired.

Those two teams split in a different direction once we left the plane in Tokyo as we went for our (personal info removed) flight and they went to Hawaii (overheard them saying) and they went onward. "

Now, why would C/J and M/L split up?  I thought they were in an alliance?  Could it possibly be Margie/Luke as a decoy and Lakisha/Jen in the Final 3?  Mother and son finish 4th place like Toni/Dallas?
No, I think the one who spotted them went in a different direction from them.  Either that, or they did split because they had different connecting flights.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1439 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »
The way I read it the spoiler went one way and C/J and M/L went the other way when they got off the plane.

While going the opposite direction the spoiler came across T/V, Phil, BVM and production.

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1440 on: April 21, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »
Phil did travel with several teams on the same flight before. If I remember correctly, Lena/Kristy (from Amazing Race 6) mentioned that Phil did travel with them on the same flight to Sweden; however, he was  flying business class. (Thats Phil for ya)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1441 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:09 AM »
The way I read it the spoiler went one way and C/J and M/L went the other way when they got off the plane.

That is correct.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1442 on: April 21, 2009, 08:40:14 AM »
Phil did travel with several teams on the same flight before. If I remember correctly, Lena/Kristy (from Amazing Race 6) mentioned that Phil did travel with them on the same flight to Sweden; however, he was  flying business class. (Thats Phil for ya)
I don't think he'd fly with the F3 teams on the flight to the final destination city, though.  He needs time to get ahead and tape his Detour spots, and then pre-tape his finish line spot.
Jamison

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1443 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:26 AM »
I don't think he'd fly with the F3 teams on the flight to the final destination city, though.  He needs time to get ahead and tape his Detour spots, and then pre-tape his finish line spot.

There are occurrences that Phil actually shoots the detour and roadblock after the finish line. Remember Season 14 Episode 1? The Roadblock was a voice over. We only sighted Phil during the start and the Pit Stop.

There's still hope.  :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1444 on: April 21, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »

I believe you are right, but that only applies to the Honolulu to Maui leg. There is no way Phil could get way ahead this time since he is sighted in Tokyo airport with several teams in the are at about the same time. The flights from Tokyo to Honolulu arrive between 630am and 950am. That is not enough to build the time gap Phil needs to do those tasks right.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1445 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
Exactly, ap. Phil and BVM try to fly ahead, but there have been instances where he and the teams have been on the same flight. It appears this is the case here in the Tokyo to Hawaii flight.

Phil has mentioned in the past where he's had to quickly tape his standups as teams are racing to the destination (RB, Detour, Pit Stop, etc.).
Just here to visit.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1446 on: April 21, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »

I believe you are right, but that only applies to the Honolulu to Maui leg. There is no way Phil could get way ahead this time since he is sighted in Tokyo airport with several teams in the are at about the same time. The flights from Tokyo to Honolulu arrive between 630am and 950am. That is not enough to build the time gap Phil needs to do those tasks right.

Is it possible there is a task in Honolulu to let Phil get ahead?
Since there are no spoilers for the final flight from Honolulu to Maui - maybe they didn't take regularly scheduled flights. Could we see the return of the Naval helicopters from the opening episode?

Speculation btw...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

nightshade

« Reply #1447 on: April 21, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »
Have you got ideas for the final task of the F3?
There is someting fishy wth the pitstop greeters in the race: The eating couple im Gulin, China. The bird man in Bangkok, the Yodelers (I think they are called) in Leg2 Switzerland, the Ballet dancers and dancers in Siberia LEgs...

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1448 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
The finish line of AR14 is on a golf course in Maui. How about a final task having something to do with golf? This of course is sheer speculation.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1449 on: April 21, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
walking pneumonia, you raise these possibilities:
Is it possible there is a task in Honolulu to let Phil get ahead?
Since there are no spoilers for the final flight from Honolulu to Maui - maybe they didn't take regularly scheduled flights. Could we see the return of the Naval helicopters from the opening episode?

All these in my opinion are low probability. They could have happened but each one is unlikely. I think teams will go directly from Asia to the area where final tasks will be done. That means the minimum possible connect time in Honolulu airport  before boarding a commercial flight to Maui. What purpose would be served by teams having tasks in the Honolulu area? It just increases the chance that they will be spotted? Maui has palces where it is easier to be isolated. It is possible that teams were not on regularly scheduled flights, but I doubt it. The Naval helicopters could not make it from the mainland 2200 miles away to Honolulu (slightly more to Maui). It is possible that the Navy provided some helicopters from Honolulu. The only naval bases on the Hawaiian islands are:

Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard - west of Honolulu
Pearl Harbor Naval Station - northwest of Honolulu

There are no military bases of any type on any of the Hawaiian islands but Oahu. If you count the Coast Guard as part of the Navy, there are two more bases:

USCG Air Station Barbers Point - Kapolei
USCG Sector Honolulu

However, I have to ask why World Race Productions would need such helicopters? I can't see any need for them. If you want to, walkingpenumonia, check out the actual availability of helicopters at those bases.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:20:38 AM by apskip »