Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674347 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations, spoiler summary on page 1
« Reply #1050 on: February 13, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »
OMGosh, all my non-spoiled friends HATED it when CBS did this last year! :groan:

Jaipur is nice, but we have been there before in Season 1(elephants up to the fort)...

Two legs in Beijing?? Did we have this? Off to check the Timeline....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:34:51 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1051 on: February 13, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »
Last seasons map had 11 pitstops as well but with Oregon
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/th_amazingrace.jpg

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1052 on: February 13, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
Okay, i think this is abit disappointing. Why do we have 2 legs in Russia again? And 2 legs in Thailand.. and THREE in China? And we're only going to 3 continents? I can't believe they are entirely leaving out Africa, South America and Australia! And i can't believe they are spending more than 50% of the race in 3rd world countries just to cut down the cost..

I hope the cast really make up the loss then.. :( :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1053 on: February 13, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
Okay, i think this is abit disappointing. Why do we have 2 legs in Russia again? And 2 legs in Thailand.. and THREE in China? And we're only going to 3 continents? I can't believe they are entirely leaving out Africa, South America and Australia! And i can't believe they are spending more than 50% of the race in 3rd world countries just to cut down the cost..

If you have been keeping up with the spoilers you would not be so disappointed or all that surprised Joab. We knew India but, not where and all the other locations were pretty much spoiled before the map release.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1054 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »
CBS really likes to mess with the TAR Detectives.  :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1055 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
Yeah, what a letdown...maybe we'll have a race that is actually amazing again someday. :'(

When the economy works again...if!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1056 on: February 13, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
I have to say from seeing all the spoiler stuff over the past 3 months, that the teams and tasks look awesome so far. Romania? whooHoo! Siberia will be a treat too I am sure, and Guilin is a gorgeous place.

So I think it is WAY to early to say that this race isn't amazing because of the route.  More miles does not always mean bigger and better or more amazing, in my book. If we go back to the "make your way to" school of TAR and truly do have less airport filler, this could really be one of the most amazing seasons ever!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1057 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
Note, they do not have Maui listed as a leg so will we have 11 or 12 episodes?

Start: Los Alamitos, California, United States

1. Stechelberg, Switzerland
2. Salzburg, Austria
3. Bran, Romania
4. Krasnoyarsk, Russia
5. Novosibirsk, Russia
6. Jaipur, India
7. Phuket, Thailand
8. Bangkok, Thailand
9. Gurlin, China
10. Beijing, China
11. Beijing, China

Finish: Maui, Hawaii, United States

So two legs in Beijing subsitutes for the second one I had in Romania. I'm disappointed as it might be a long time before the Amazing Race returns to Romania.

However, overall I disagree with the chorus that is singing the blues due to the geography of AR14. I like it a great deal!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1058 on: February 13, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »
This particular race is Asia-heavy, but I like that. Some seasons are Euro-centric. It all balances out.
Just here to visit.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1059 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »
This particular race is Asia-heavy, but I like that. Some seasons are Euro-centric. It all balances out.
Although many say that season 8 was too America-centric ;)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1060 on: February 14, 2009, 12:34:25 AM »
And in cosmetic fixes, Race's route will be updated with Google maps, the show will sport new graphics and a new opening sequence, and the musical score will get a tuneup. "We had a little too many cymbals crashing," van Munster says.

Does he mean too many cymbals crashing in the opening sequence? I only hear two! :lol:

But... could it mean that the Israel theme was exported to Reshet by CBS? That would be interesting! (The Israel theme has 7 cymbal crashes though!)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #1061 on: February 14, 2009, 02:48:19 AM »
from USA today article:

This season's racers are a more diverse lot: The show's 11 teams include Luke Adams, 23, a deaf college graduate from Monument, Colo., who travels with his mom, Margie, 51.

"We had to work a little harder because I can't hear," said Luke in a telephone interview interpreted by his mother, who noted that their choices were limited in some challenges. But "I'm a big fan and I've been watching since Season 1, and I really wanted to be the first deaf person on the show."

Also on the chase for the $1 million prize: a brother/sister team of Chinese-Americans with Harvard law degrees; a pair of former NFL cheerleaders; two flight attendants; diminutive stuntmen brothers; and Mike White, a screenwriter (School of Rock) and actor (Chuck & Buck) who travels with his gay activist dad, Mel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's clearly speculated & rumored that cara/jamie, margie/luke, victor/tammy, michael/mark along with mel/mike to be the final 5 and they are the teams advertised on this article along with all those advertised screencaps for leg 1, makes me really think they might be really the final 5... in addition the flight attendants, christie & jodie are also mentioned on this article, so i hope they do consist of the final 6... hopefully this spec turns out true.. (crossing fingers)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1062 on: February 14, 2009, 02:56:53 AM »
"Siberia was cold, and I don't care for the cold at all," said Lakisha. "In Romania, the people live such a different life than what I'm used to seeing. It really gives you a greater appreciation for what you have."
The last confirmed sighting of this team had been Romania, but I guess this suggests they make it at least 1 or 2 legs further on, in to Siberia

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1063 on: February 14, 2009, 08:17:27 AM »

If you have been keeping up with the spoilers you would not be so disappointed or all that surprised Joab. We knew India but, not where and all the other locations were pretty much spoiled before the map release.

I have been following the spoilers, i'm just really expressing my disappointment as a whole.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1064 on: February 14, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »
Anyway, i think the NELs are on leg 7 and leg 10, just like last year where TAR were in Russia and India and didn't move to another country.. because of the speedbump.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1065 on: February 14, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
"Siberia was cold, and I don't care for the cold at all," said Lakisha. "In Romania, the people live such a different life than what I'm used to seeing. It really gives you a greater appreciation for what you have."
The last confirmed sighting of this team had been Romania, but I guess this suggests they make it at least 1 or 2 legs further on, in to Siberia
Good catch Mrs Shrek  :tup:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1066 on: February 14, 2009, 02:26:51 PM »
Great!  That means they'll either get bumped off on at least leg four or five, unless they make it farther.

This now makes me think things'll go like this:

11th: Steve & Linda (them being so hopelessly lost in that preview makes me think they won't live past the first leg)
10th: Preston & Jennifer
9th: Amanda & Kris
8th: LaKisha & Jennifer
7th: Brad & Victoria
6th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
5th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
4th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
3rd: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
2nd: Tammy & Victor/Cara & Jaime
1st: Tammy & Victor/Cara & Jaime

I don't know why, but it's just a gut feeling I have that made me put down my speculated top two.  They just feel like it to me.  I could be wrong, but I'm gonna throw it out there, anyway.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1067 on: February 14, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »
But they tell us 2 pitstops there?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1068 on: February 14, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »
Probably means 11 legs. It said the Pit Stop was there twice because the Finish Line is not a Pit Stop, maybe?

Or maybe there really are two legs in Beijing, like Moscow in TAR13. Which means 12 legs!

It's really sort of ridiculous to have 3 legs in one country though. Hoping for expansion next season but it's looking unlikely. I hope the new redesigned intro and other things will be awesome! We'll see.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1069 on: February 14, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
Great!  That means they'll either get bumped off on at least leg four or five, unless they make it farther.

This now makes me think things'll go like this:

11th: Steve & Linda (them being so hopelessly lost in that preview makes me think they won't live past the first leg)
10th: Preston & Jennifer
9th: Amanda & Kris
8th: LaKisha & Jennifer
7th: Brad & Victoria
6th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
5th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
4th: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
3rd: Christie & Jodi/Mel & Mike/Mark & Michael/Margie & Luke
2nd: Tammy & Victor/Cara & Jaime
1st: Tammy & Victor/Cara & Jaime

I don't know why, but it's just a gut feeling I have that made me put down my speculated top two.  They just feel like it to me.  I could be wrong, but I'm gonna throw it out there, anyway.

I pretty much agree with you, and I'm going to go a little farther based on what Spontaneouss suggested:

11.  Linda & Steve
10.  Jennifer & Preston
9.  Amanda & Kris
8.  LaKisha & Jennifer
7.  Brad & Victoria
6.  Christie & Jodi
5.  Mel & Mike/Margie & Luke
4.  Margie & Luke/Mel & Mike
3.  Mark & Michael
2.  Tammy & Victor/Cara & Jamie
1.  Cara & Jamie/Tammy & Victor

The names I put first are those I suspect will be in the position that I put them in.  So if I think that Mel & Mike will be in fifth but I'm not certain, I'm putting their names first followed by Margie & Luke's.

Belle Book

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1070 on: February 14, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
The answer to Sukhothai...

(Thailand has had a very busy year - the races' cumulative curse effect?)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1071 on: February 14, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
The answer to Sukhothai...

(Thailand has had a very busy year - the races' cumulative curse effect?)
I forgot about that picture, thanks Neobie!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1072 on: February 15, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »
Probably means 11 legs. It said the Pit Stop was there twice because the Finish Line is not a Pit Stop, maybe?

Or maybe there really are two legs in Beijing, like Moscow in TAR13. Which means 12 legs!

It's really sort of ridiculous to have 3 legs in one country though. Hoping for expansion next season but it's looking unlikely. I hope the new redesigned intro and other things will be awesome! We'll see.

In the case of 11 legs, they could use it as somewhat as an intermediate destination.  But if there are twelve legs than it would probably mean that they would stay in Beijing for 2 legs.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1073 on: February 15, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »
Forgive me for probably being totally unaware of the circumstances surrounding this, but Mel & Mike said in their interview that they were travelling by bus, right? So is it at all possible they flew in somewhere else and then travelled by bus to Jaipur?  :duno: I'm not at all familiar with Indian buses so this is just a pure guess.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline cba

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1074 on: February 15, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »
And i can't believe they are spending more than 50% of the race in 3rd world countries just to cut down the cost..

That's the price for racing in Switzerland!  ;D