Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 676560 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1025 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:23 AM »
Dr. Rox,

I have taken a look at my Timeline for clues on whether an extended pitstop is possible in Salzburg. The earliest drive yourself option would arrive maybe 1pm (due to rental car agency not open until 7am). Getting the first possible flight would get them there at 915am. First trains would get them to Salburg around 3pm. In all cases there is room for either a 24 hour pitstop after Salzburg area tasks and with the flight option there is even room for a 36 hour pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1026 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »
So hold on, with the cars, do the teams pick the car with their team number? Because if they do, that would pit Tammy & Victor as one of the first 3 teams at the Schloss.

I am also being told that car #'s should be considered random, darn it! It was a good thought, though!

I have analyzed the numbers long enough to notice that the car numbers are not in any way significant (the first team to get a car doesn't even have to take #1), so that idea can be considered dead.

I am going to revise this info:

I am being told that the backpack numbers DO correlate to car numbers.

Howver, it is also possible that the backpack #'s may be random this year and not correlate to the team entry's, so ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1027 on: February 10, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
Dr. Rox,

I have taken a look at my Timeline for clues on whether an extended pitstop is possible in Salzburg. The earliest drive yourself option would arrive maybe 1pm (due to rental car agency not open until 7am). Getting the first possible flight would get them there at 915am. First trains would get them to Salburg around 3pm. In all cases there is room for either a 24 hour pitstop after Salzburg area tasks and with the flight option there is even room for a 36 hour pitstop.

I agree with you 100%. An extended pit stop in Salzburg is certainly possible and reasonable. 5 teams had checked into the Schloss Hellbrunn by 6 pm on Nov 3, leaving 5 teams yet to check in. Teams are not seen till right after midnight at 12:45 am clearing customs at the airport in Bucharest on Nov 5. That right there is approximately a 31 hour window. The common team seems to be Cara/Jaime that were observed by the Salzburg blogger getting to Schloss Hellbrunn between 5-6 pm on Nov 3 and comming out of customs in Bucharest at 12:45 am Nov 5. As by your timeline, they have to release those teams from the Pit Stop in Salzburg to be able to make those evening flights to Bucharest from Munich and Frankfurt. The Salzburg blogger's wife saw no activity around Schloss Hellbrunn at 6:30 am. He mentions that she said all the equipment was gone. To me, this means another one of the moving Pit Stop mats, similiar to Moscow. ie, check in at Schloss Hellbrunn and check out after Pit Stop who knows were or when.
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1028 on: February 11, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »
A fwiw, because we already know they went to Germany.. I think its new? I don't recall running across it before?

B&T Film GmbH

// THE AMAZING RACE Shortly, you will find more information on this website about THE AMAZING RACE, one of the most successful reality TV formats world wide.

:groan: The link to TAR is gone now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1029 on: February 11, 2009, 01:07:24 AM »
That's what happens when we kiss and tell, lol! Just makes it more likely!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1030 on: February 11, 2009, 01:30:34 AM »
Darn TROLLS! It's not like it was a spoiler, it was CBS put Germany in the EP2 title.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1031 on: February 11, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »
Well, that hotel Alpenhof looks car friendly as does the town of Stechelberg. This gives apskip's and my idea of a driving leg in Ep2 some posibilty. They can start out on leg 2, without being bunched up by train or plane schedules. I was sort of worried about all those mountain villages like Murren that are not car friendly and only accessible by train or cable car, which I would think would bunch them up. Now it looks like they can get in a car and start driving toward Bavaria as soon as released from the Pit Stop. It will be interesting to see if that actually happens.

Btw, GE says it is a 6 hr 3 min drive from Stechelberg to Ruhpolding, Bavaria.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:32:17 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1032 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
Well, that hotel Alpenhof looks car friendly as does the town of Stechelberg. This gives apskip's and my idea of a driving leg in Ep2 some posibilty. They can start out on leg 2, without being bunched up by train or plane schedules. I was sort of worried about all those mountain villages like Murren that are not car friendly and only accessible by train or cable car, which I would think would bunch them up. Now it looks like they can get in a car and start driving toward Bavaria as soon as released from the Pit Stop. It will be interesting to see if that actually happens.

I really hope so! I love self-driving!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1033 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »
We of course do already know that leg 2 is, at least in part, a driving leg, as teams were spotted in the white Mercedes on the way to the PitStop at Hellbrun way back when...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1034 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
I have a new bit of speculation, though I'm not totally going to take it to the bank just yet.  Could there be any chance that the four teams with promos -- Tammy & Victor, Mel & Mike, Margie & Luke, and Cara & Jaime -- were given promos because they're going to be the actual F4, and CBS was trying to hint at that?

If so, I'd find that to be an awesome F4!  A women's team, a brother/sister team, and not one, but two parent/child teams being the last four teams standing?  I think TAR14 will be made of win if something like that happens!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1035 on: February 12, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
That's good speculation, but it doesn't always happen that way. Although for TAR Asia, the teams that get a Sony video camera ad have been in the final three. I think CBS would be a bit more careful.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1036 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
That's good speculation, but it doesn't always happen that way. Although for TAR Asia, the teams that get a Sony video camera ad have been in the final three. I think CBS would be a bit more careful.

Henry and Bernie has it too, only after everyone started speculating Sam and Vince will win like Collin and Adrian thanks to the ad. :res:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 12, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »
I have a new bit of speculation, though I'm not totally going to take it to the bank just yet.  Could there be any chance that the four teams with promos -- Tammy & Victor, Mel & Mike, Margie & Luke, and Cara & Jaime -- were given promos because they're going to be the actual F4, and CBS was trying to hint at that?

If so, I'd find that to be an awesome F4!  A women's team, a brother/sister team, and not one, but two parent/child teams being the last four teams standing?  I think TAR14 will be made of win if something like that happens!

that would be cool if it were true, especially because I like all of those teams  :yess:
we'll see soon enough!

I'm so pissed, I have to miss the Survivor premier AND and TAR premier.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1038 on: February 12, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »
Teams were in Romania til the 7th and left for Siberia, Russia the next day on the 8th.  My theory is that the Siberian portion of this season is only one entire leg made up for two episodes.  Meaning they are in the first city on the 8th to 9th and departed overnight on the TransSiberian Express to Novosibirsk arriving on the 10th.  This could be double-leg or a super-leg.  If i'm correct about this there should be another leg on the 11th to 12th before heading off to India.  I just figured this out and also BVM could have mistaken 9 for 10 countries too like the two new African country thing on Season 12.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1039 on: February 12, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
So hold on, with the cars, do the teams pick the car with their team number? Because if they do, that would pit Tammy & Victor as one of the first 3 teams at the Schloss.

I am also being told that car #'s should be considered random, darn it! It was a good thought, though!

I have analyzed the numbers long enough to notice that the car numbers are not in any way significant (the first team to get a car doesn't even have to take #1), so that idea can be considered dead.

However, it is also possible that the backpack #'s may be random this year and not correlate to the team entry's, so ???

Just to clarify, I KNOW for a fact that in Tar 12 Leg 5 they did NOT have to take the cars with their numbers. Nathan & Jennifer did not take #1, etc. But Aja & Ty did take #4 in Leg 4 (which was their tag #), so I guess the rules could have been changed beginning in TAR 13. But it certainly wasn't that way in TAR's 5-12 (excluding FE which I didn't see).

I'm sure the backpack numbers don't match the website, because the website bios are in ABC order, and the numbers don't appear to put the teams in ABC order ever (although I have yet to find out with TAR 1-4). blahblah

Trust me, you could ask me and I could give you all or most of the numbers of teams in TAR's 6-13 (again excluding FE). TAR ADDICT! :groan: :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1040 on: February 12, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »

However, it is also possible that the backpack #'s may be random this year and not correlate to the team entry's, so ???

Just to clarify, I KNOW for a fact that in Tar 12 Leg 5 they did NOT have to take the cars with their numbers. Nathan & Jennifer did not take #1, etc. But Aja & Ty did take #4 in Leg 4 (which was their tag #), so I guess the rules could have been changed beginning in TAR 13. But it certainly wasn't that way in TAR's 5-12 (excluding FE which I didn't see).

I'm sure the backpack numbers don't match the website, because the website bios are in ABC order, and the numbers don't appear to put the teams in ABC order ever (although I have yet to find out with TAR 1-4). blahblah

Trust me, you could ask me and I could give you all or most of the numbers of teams in TAR's 6-13 (again excluding FE). TAR ADDICT! :groan: :lol:

Doesn't it seem that team #7 is usually the alpha-team.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1041 on: February 12, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Possible, but I think at most we'll have just three of the ones who have the promos in the Final 4:  Tammy & Victor, Margie & Luke and Cara & Jamie.  I think Mel & Mike will be gone before the Final 4.  But I would like that Final 4, if it's true.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1042 on: February 13, 2009, 12:58:04 AM »
And a 12 leg race! hahaha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1043 on: February 13, 2009, 01:54:51 AM »
Worth  pointing out, from this article with Mel:

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid72866.asp

posted here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18263.msg375569.html#msg375569

Did either you or Mike get recognized during filming?

I don’t see myself as a celebrity, but people recognize Mike all over. Back home, he has paparazzi shooting and asking him questions. When we were going through India, this woman leaned over to us on a bus and said to him, “I like your movie.” I’m a dad, so of course I got a puff of pride. I mean, I don’t see him as an actor or screenwriter, I just see him as my kid. When I see him on the screen, I don’t see the character, I see Mike. Which was really uncomfortable when I saw Chuck & Buck. [Laughs] I was so taken aback.

Also:

Being focused is a gift. There’s a moment where there was real risk, and the whole race was at stake. I sat down and did my meditation.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1044 on: February 13, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »
Gosh I hope the India thing is true!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1045 on: February 13, 2009, 02:07:29 AM »
Gosh I hope the India thing is true!

Why would Mel lie? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1046 on: February 13, 2009, 02:16:33 AM »
don't forget about the pgmy warriors   :funny:

What’s scarier -- running through a third world country with no money or going on an Equality Ride to Liberty University?
To be surrounded by fundamentalists is much scarier than being surrounded by pygmy warriors or whomever. The fundamentalists are so blind, so dogmatic. I have to have police guards at universities. I had 40 Baptist clergy marching into a classroom demanding they must be heard. They just lose their cool completely.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1047 on: February 13, 2009, 07:13:03 AM »
NEVERMIND!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:34:53 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1048 on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
Note, they do not have Maui listed as a leg so will we have 11 or 12 episodes?

Start: Los Alamitos, California, United States

1. Stechelberg, Switzerland
2. Salzburg, Austria
3. Bran, Romania
4. Krasnoyarsk, Russia
5. Novosibirsk, Russia
6. Jaipur, India
7. Phuket, Thailand
8. Bangkok, Thailand
9. Guilin, China
10. Beijing, China
11. Beijing, China

Finish: Maui, Hawaii, United States

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:58:16 AM by puddin »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1049 on: February 13, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »
Note, they do not have Maui listed as a leg so will we have 11 or 12 episodes?

It seems to me that they are numbering pitstops, so Beijing will be the 11th pitstop, and the finale being the 12th leg/episode :duno: