Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 676325 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1000 on: February 08, 2009, 11:32:16 PM »
I'll guess the F5 above is based on the sightings from Phuket to China, no idea how Amanda/Kris Jennifer/Preston got in there though? If it were me I'd most likely replace those 2 M/F teams with Mike & Mel for final 5 but thats a guess/my thinking.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1001 on: February 08, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »
Yeah, everyone has their speculations, and that's cool. I'd put a few of those teams in my f5 guess also.

But for most of it I don't think there are any confirmed f5 lists or even any 'generally speculated' ones, and the M/F teams mentioned (A/K, J/P V/B) haven't been 'seen' since about leg 3. That doesn't mean they didn't make it to the final 5, but I didn't think I'd seen any evidence in the spoilers to support them making it that far, apart from a few people recently listing them in their top 5 guesses

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1002 on: February 08, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
yup its all speculation, nothing is a sure thing

* based on photo and witness evidence
•Linda & Steve Cole no evidence beyond leg 1
•Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy no evidence beyond leg 1
•Mel & Michael White photo evidence in Germany/Salzburg (leg 2)
•LaKisha & Jennifer Hoffman last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Victoria & Brad Hunt  last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Jodi Wincheski & Christie Volkmer last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Mark  Michael Munoz last witnessed in Romania (leg 3) & "maybe" China/airport heading to Guilin (leg 10)
•Tamara & Victor Jih last witnessed on a Bangkok to Phuket flight (leg 7)   
•Margie & Luke Adams Phuket, photo evidence (leg 7)
•Cara Rosenthal & Jaime Edmondson eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii (final leg 11)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1003 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »
and there are also the two "older" men on the Bangkok to Phuket flight:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17788.msg360806.html#msg360806
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1004 on: February 09, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »
and there are also the two "older" men on the Bangkok to Phuket flight:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17788.msg360806.html#msg360806
yeah that too, lol
It's all on page 1 of the spoiler summary.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1005 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:33 AM »
Wait a minute Phuket is leg 7 I need a recap!!!!!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1006 on: February 09, 2009, 02:07:12 AM »
Yeah, everyone has their speculations, and that's cool. I'd put a few of those teams in my f5 guess also.

But for most of it I don't think there are any confirmed f5 lists or even any 'generally speculated' ones, and the M/F teams mentioned (A/K, J/P V/B) haven't been 'seen' since about leg 3. That doesn't mean they didn't make it to the final 5, but I didn't think I'd seen any evidence in the spoilers to support them making it that far, apart from a few people recently listing them in their top 5 guesses
I guess it's also kind of an assumption, considering at least one young, fit couple makes it far each season.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1007 on: February 09, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »
Wait a minute Phuket is leg 7 I need a recap!!!!!!!!!
Phuket could be leg 7 or 8, we shall see? It all depends on what country the double/triple? legs are.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:33:10 AM by puddin »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1008 on: February 09, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
Huh.  A little surprised Phuket is leg seven, not leg eight, as previously thought.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1009 on: February 09, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »
Ashe:

Do not take that to the bank just yet. I believe there have to be 4 legs in Europe, so that means if it isn't two in Austria/Germany it will be two in Romania. Once you get to Russia, there is hardly time for more than 2 Russia, 1 India, 2 Thailand, one Guilin and one Beijing before the final leg. Count that out and you get Phuket as the 8th leg. There are different points of view than mine, but those people think AR14 will be a total of 11 legs and I think theyare kidding themselves. We'll see soon enough, probably at the start of the race when Phil summarizes the scope of the race.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1010 on: February 09, 2009, 03:15:35 PM »
Ashe:

Do not take that to the bank just yet. I believe there have to be 4 legs in Europe, so that means if it isn't two in Austria/Germany it will be two in Romania. Once you get to Russia, there is hardly time for more than 2 Russia, 1 India, 2 Thailand, one Guilin and one Beijing before the final leg. Count that out and you get Phuket as the 8th leg. There are different points of view than mine, but those people think AR14 will be a total of 11 legs and I think theyare kidding themselves. We'll see soon enough, probably at the start of the race when Phil summarizes the scope of the race.

I think that there may very well be two pit stops in Austria.  It would be a shame just to have the pitstop for leg two in Salzburg and then fly via Munich or Vienna to Bucharest the next morning.  We seem to have them pretty well set for them to be in Salzburg for a pitstop at the Schloss at the end of leg two, but it seems program wise best for the teams to visit more places around Salzburg before they fly off to Romania and Transylvania. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1011 on: February 09, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
But there just isn't time, G-Man...

We know from spoilers that the Salzburg PitStop was the evening of Nov 3, and  that means release AM of 11/4 (or evening of 11/4 if it is a 18-24 hour Pitstop, which several leg 2's have been).

And then we also see them in Romania by 1245 AM on 11/5, so there isn't time for another leg in Salzburg, I don't believe?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1012 on: February 09, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »

Exactly why I still insist that Preston & Jennifer can easily outlast Amanda & Kris, who just look to me like they're going home earlier.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1013 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

Exactly why I still insist that Preston & Jennifer can easily outlast Amanda & Kris, who just look to me like they're going home earlier.

yup its all speculation, nothing is a sure thing

* based on photo and witness evidence
•Linda & Steve Cole no evidence beyond leg 1
•Jennifer Hopka & Preston McCamy no evidence beyond leg 1
•Mel & Michael White photo evidence in Germany/Salzburg (leg 2)
•LaKisha & Jennifer Hoffman last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Victoria & Brad Hunt  last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Jodi Wincheski & Christie Volkmer last witnessed in Romania (leg 3)
•Mark  Michael Munoz last witnessed in Romania (leg 3) & "maybe" China/airport heading to Guilin (leg 10)
•Tamara & Victor Jih last witnessed on a Bangkok to Phuket flight (leg 7)   
•Margie & Luke Adams Phuket, photo evidence (leg 7)
•Cara Rosenthal & Jaime Edmondson eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii (final leg 11)

Could be, but Amanda & Chris have more evidence of getting farther than Preston and Jennifer.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1014 on: February 09, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
Well the only person I'd put my money on making it to the Finish Line for sure is Phil. :winner

So often we've seen one of the seemingly 'strong teams' fail early either due to a silly mistake, or the inability to work well together.
In multiple interviews Phil has talked about a production sweepstake they run before the race to pick who is going to win it, and he's been wrong every time.

Apart from the 3 teams who have definitely been seen up to at least leg 7, everyone else has either been eliminated before then, or has just escaped observation. I could see Mike and Mel as being a 'flying under the radar team', who might not be noticed at the airport, but both Amanda/Kris and Jennifer/Preston seem like the sort of teams that would stand out and people would notice straight away.

Dunno.  :duno: Guess we'll all know for sure in a couple of months time. :jumpy:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)
« Reply #1015 on: February 09, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »
I have always liked the first few legs of the The amazing Race!  Although the second legs have proved to be boring to me.  Hopefully this one will prove to be a better one!  I hardly even remember some of the second legs of some seasons!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1016 on: February 09, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »
I think that we can see Cara and Jamie and probably Victor and Tammy in the finals, or at least making it far.  But the first one we'll see at the finish line will... be phil.
:winner :cheesehead

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1017 on: February 09, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »
But the first one we'll see at the finish line will... be phil.
...and don't forget the 8 already eliminated teams also...unless one of them 'does a dallas' :lol:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1018 on: February 09, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »
So often we've seen one of the seemingly 'strong teams' fail early either due to a silly mistake, or the inability to work well together.
Or an inattentive travel agent's silly mistake.  (Still bitter about poor Azaria & Hendekea.  :()
Jamison

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR14 EP2: Your Target Is Your Partner’s Face (Germany)
« Reply #1019 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »
I have always liked the first few legs of the The amazing Race!  Although the second legs have proved to be boring to me.  Hopefully this one will prove to be a better one!  I hardly even remember some of the second legs of some seasons!
Here are the second legs I remember:

TAR1: "You're a fat bitch!"  "LEEEENNNNYYYYYYYY!"  Kim & Leslie are eliminated.
TAR2: Peggy & Claire's shocked reactions at making it to the Iguazu camp in eighth place out of ten teams when they thought they were last (and would've been were it not for Blake & Paige and Hope & Norm's bus breaking down).  Hope & Norm hit the road.
TAR3: Nothing I really remember but Tramel & Talicia being so damn bad with their jetskis, or whatever those were, including them "signing off" after their elimination.  So basically, Tramel & Talicia go home.
TAR4: Reichen & Chip rightfully face off with Steve & Josh over the way they screwed Monica & Sheree just to help Steve & Dave.  Steve & Dave's street troupe Fast Forward.  Masquerade ball Roadblock that leads to the Monica & Sheree/Amanda & Chris footrace.  Amanda & Chris lose it and are out of the race.
TAR5: "You gots to go to Uruguay to go to a foam club."  "Mine keep having sex!"  "You might have to put your hand in the cow's ass."  Start of the Chip & Kim/Kami & Karli rivalry.  Alison & Donny are off to sequester after going from first to last.
TAR6: Meredith & Maria can't drive stick.  Introduction to 6/6 Roadblock rule.  Viking games.  Meredith & Maria are sent packing.
TAR7: Rob vs. everyone over being a liar.  Brian & Greg/Megan & Heidi footrace.  Megan & Heidi get booted.
TAR8: Secret Service Roadblock.  Battlefield Detour.  Renee, Brittney, and especially Denny pile on Brock for Denny's mistake.  The Weaver Family snags their first and only leg win.  The Rogers Family gets the boot.
TAR9: Stair-climbing, ascender Roadblock that scares Danielle.  "I'm gonna slap you, woman!", complete with Phil's hilarious "If looks could kill . . ." eyebrow raise.  Lisa & Joni make their exit, and Lisa cries.  A lot.
TAR10: Dustin gets dragged by a horse.  Dustin & Kandice and Erwin & Godwin's helmet fiasco.  Flaming arrow Roadblock, Peter & Sarah's first of two leg wins.  Lyn & Karlyn beat out Kellie & Jamie since at least they know how to navigate.  Kellie quits the Roadblock after being there for three or four hours.  Kellie & Jamie are tossed.
TAR11: Boardroom Roadblock that Dustin and Mary totally blow through.  Rob & Amber's booty-shaking dance when they win their second leg in a row.  Kevin & Drew's semi-sad, semi-not-so-sad departure.
TAR12: Ronald reveals he's kind of an ass.  Hoist It/Hunt It Detour.  Ditch-vaulting Roadblock that Jason, Shana, Rachel, and Marianna blow through, while Jennifer, Kynt, Hendekea, Donald, Christina, and Kate (I guess) struggle at it.  Ronald gets his hernia.  Kate & Pat hit the bricks.
TAR13: Tina allegedly gets the planes switched.  Ken kisses Terence.  Marisa & Brooke follow Nick & Starr and wind up at log-hauling Detour when they wanted the shipyard one.  Kelly & Christy's unnecessary digging and subsequently forgetting to get their taxi to stay at the Roadblock.  Ken & Tina's first of three legs wins in a row, this one just barely over Mark & Bill.  Aja's hilarious "Aw, hay-ell!"  Nick screwing over Andrew at the Roadblock.  Anthony & Stephanie take a powder.  So . . . basically, the point in the season in which things were still exciting and not too anticlimactic (thanks for that, Nick & Starr).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:15:36 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1020 on: February 09, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
Could we stay on topic please! This is TAR14 not TARPast.

tyia

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1021 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »

I certainly agree with apskip. There is a lot of open time out there and no facts as to what they do. They certainly can do an extended pitstop in Salzburg, but it seems early for that to me. Over the years watching TAR, it seems to me that they like to "work" a 5 1/2 day week and then take a "weekend." Sort of like when I went to college and we had 1/2 day of classes on Sat.

We know they got to the pit stop in Salzburg at about dark time on Mon, Nov 3. I can see them doing some tasks around Salzburg for 1/2 day on Tue, Nov 4th, then scurrying to make flights to Bucharest and train ride to Brazov for some tasks, then pit stop around noon, if not sooner, on Wed,Nov 5th. End of Leg 3.

Then a full leg in Romanai from late Wed, Nov 5th, maybe starting around midnight to Thur, Nov 6th.  Then 36 hour pitstop with departure to Russia on 8th.

What do I base this on, almost nothing. The only "facts" we have is the comments made in the wedding. The man at the wedding that worked on the crew said they "were in Romania for 3 days and then flew to Russia." That is pretty ambiguous, but I think it could mean they were there the 5th, 6th, 7th and flew to Russia on the 8th. It could also mean they flew to Russia on the 7th. The reported tasks there just dont seem to me, to have to take up 3 days. Thats why I like 1 1/2 days racing and the weekly "weekend 36 hour pitstop." They started on Oct 31 and the Nov 6-7 timeframe is one week after the start.

I will say that I haven't checked with apskips flights/timeline for the activities in Russia yet, to see if they mesh with my ideas.  I just haven't gotten there yet. That's next on my agenda. I sure hope we get some more "evidence" when the show starts on Sunday.
'
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 14 in the Media/News/Videos
« Reply #1022 on: February 10, 2009, 02:34:04 AM »
I JUST HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING, OMG I'M FREAKIN' EXCITED.

Yes Phil, there's something special about Season 1,3,5,7.. because those were my most favourite seasons and the only times i've got a season pick winning!!

OMG, if TAR 14 felt the same to him... :hearts: :jumpy: :wohoo: :jam: :meow: :sucks

I don't know, I'M SO EXCITED FOR SEASON 14. I kinda felt bored after TAR 8 to TAR 13.. and i hope TAR 14 relight the fire and passion in my heart for TAR once again!

<3 Phil, for hope giving! :D
I bet TAR 14 must be an exciting season then!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1023 on: February 10, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »
I too am soooo excited for TAR14  :wohoo: :yess: I have always loved every season but I hope this will take the cake !  :hearts:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #1024 on: February 10, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »
Ditto, Kiwi Jay.  TAR 14...Go!!  LOL

I've been quite the busy person for several months, but nothing has interfered with my Sunday evenings for more than 2 years!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on