Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674436 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #950 on: February 05, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »

The problem this season is that based on what we have seen so far, I really LIKE them all, and don't want anyone to go home first... :'( :'( :'(

Ain't that the truth, Peach. As it stands now, I think I am going to be sad with every Philmination.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Spoilers
« Reply #951 on: February 05, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
More from SwissMiss08 in reply to my questions.

I first approached the plaza piazza sant'antonio around 6pm (it gets dark here around 5:30pm now).  It is a little plaza in the old city (citta vecchia) which has some parking spots.  I tried to park my car and was waved away.  And there was a priest standing in front of the church, outside.  They did not appear to have been standing there for long.  It looked like they were just getting set up.

I drove past, parked, and walked back past around 6:15.  I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks, frantically talking to the priest (or perhaps frantically talking to each other near the priest).  The woman was the one talking.  They may have been middle aged, not sure, I was never very close.

The restaurant I was heading to was closed until 7pm, so I turned around and walked past the church/plaza again, this time only the priest and a few others were standing around.  I went down to the Piazza Grande and sat in a bar waiting for the restaurant to open.

Around 7, I was again heading up towards the plaza AGAIN when we were passed by a team heading down the street, towards the vicinity of the Piazza Grande or the castle, we thought.  This team was two younger people (early to mid 20s).  I think the woman I saw was blond, but not sure.  She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more.  The "producer" (ie 4th person in group, not carrying a backpack or camera) stopped her to adjust her shirt or necklace as they walked down the street.

After this second encounter we figured out it was the amazing race, so we walked back to the plaza, yet AGAIN after dinner around 8:45.  The plaza was empty, no priest.  But all the parking spots were cordoned off.  This was not the case previously.  So we wondered if more teams were coming, and the "priest" had just gone inside to get warm.

We then walked down to the Piazza Grande and the Castle, but neither of those locations was in use.

6:15 Team = Linda/Steve Cole????

7:00 Team = Jennifer/Preston????

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #952 on: February 05, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
I really don't think so I would lean more towards Brad and Victoria if older and Amanda and Kris if mistaken. Preston and Jennifer are my choice for 7:00 because they I believe end up on the second flight with Margie and Luke possibly
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #953 on: February 05, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »

I drove past, parked, and walked back past around 6:15.  I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks,

7:00  She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more. 

Well, I don't think anyone seeing Brad/Victoria standing next to each other would say she was short and he is tall. They are close to same height. The only couple with really difference in height is Linda/Steve. Linda is 52, older than Victora.

I think somewhere I read that Jennifer is tall, 5'9" tall. I don't think Amanda is anywhere near that tall, but we will see soon.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #954 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

I drove past, parked, and walked back past around 6:15.  I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks,

7:00  She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more. 

Well, I don't think anyone seeing Brad/Victoria standing next to each other would say she was short and he is tall. They are close to same height. The only couple with really difference in height is Linda/Steve. Linda is 52, older than Victora.

I think somewhere I read that Jennifer is tall, 5'9" tall. I don't think Amanda is anywhere near that tall, but we will see soon.

What is the height difference between Margie and Luke. They would also fit the description, given that it was in poor light conditions

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #955 on: February 05, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
Luke's taller, but not by much. Both seem to be of average hight. Looking through the M/F teams, the best posibilities are Linda & Steve, Brad & Victoria, or Amanda & Kris.  Which also leaves Jennifer as our tall woman, as expected.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:26:21 PM by north09 »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #956 on: February 05, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »
I suspect the 6:15 pm team was either Linda & Steve (but they wind up being the first out anyway) or Amanda & Kris.  Jennifer & Preston are probably the team that arrive at 7 pm.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #957 on: February 05, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
I doubt it is Steve and Linda ! I suspect it is Amanda and Kris!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #958 on: February 06, 2009, 01:31:54 AM »
A fwiw, because we already know they went to Germany.. I think its new? I don't recall running across it before?

B&T Film GmbH

// THE AMAZING RACE Shortly, you will find more information on this website about THE AMAZING RACE, one of the most successful reality TV formats world wide.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #959 on: February 06, 2009, 01:40:29 AM »

Are Amanda and Kris middle aged?..... The witness described them as, short woman, tall man and middle aged.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:43:46 AM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #960 on: February 06, 2009, 01:51:27 AM »
A fwiw, because we already know they went to Germany.. I think its new? I don't recall running across it before?

B&T Film GmbH

// THE AMAZING RACE Shortly, you will find more information on this website about THE AMAZING RACE, one of the most successful reality TV formats world wide.

Nice!

We offer the experience of about 100 productions, ranging from a low budget short that makes it to the Cannes official competition, to German movies and the co-production of European feature films, line-production of one of the most successful US reality TV programs worldwide and multiple Emmy winner, to service and line productions for US and UK feature films and Bafta, Golden Globe and Emmy winners.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #961 on: February 06, 2009, 02:25:22 AM »

Are Amanda and Kris middle aged?..... The witness described them as, short woman, tall man and middle aged.

:lol: They also quoted "It was 6:15pm and I saw a couple short women and tall man heading to.....They looked to be older but I couldn't really tell and I could be wrong"

I think at 6:15 when it is really rather dark they could be mistaken! And I really can't see Steve and Linda ahead of Preston and Jennifer by 45 mins indicating Steve and Linda make the first flight and Preston and Jenn miss the first and make the last!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #962 on: February 06, 2009, 10:15:09 AM »

Nah, I think it's either Steve & Linda or Brad & Victoria.  Both Steve and Brad are taller than Linda and Victoria, respectively.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:11:04 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #963 on: February 06, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »
picture, thanks to a friend ...  :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #964 on: February 06, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »
Oh I was wondering if we were going to get a postcard again!! I LOVE it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #965 on: February 06, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »
That's way better than the postcard! They should put that on the website!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #966 on: February 06, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
That's way better than the postcard! They should put that on the website!
Agreed!  It's a lot more eye-catching than that last one was!  I'll definitely take that over TAR13's postcard!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #967 on: February 06, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »
So great it looks amazing. Much better than TAR 13!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #968 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »
Oh wow!  The bag looks cool!

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #969 on: February 07, 2009, 12:49:26 AM »
This should probably be in Media but on a whim I checked for Phil on Bonnie Hunt and saw this and had to  :wohoo:  :wohoo:

The Bonnie Hunt

Friday, February 13th - Joan Rivers
Friday, February 13, 2009
Joan Rivers ('Men Are Stupid...'): It's Bonnie's Valentine's Day show and if anyone has an opinion on love you can be sure Joan has some choice words to share. If the title of her new book, 'Men Are Stupid...' is any indication then this should be interesting!

Phil Keoghan ('Amazing Race'): It's Bonnie's favorite reality show and it's back with a whole new cast and new race. The first episode airs this Sunday and Bonnie's pleased to welcome back one of her favorites, host Phil Keoghan, to tell us what's in store for the contestants this time around.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #970 on: February 07, 2009, 01:00:53 AM »
Yippee!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #971 on: February 07, 2009, 01:38:06 AM »

:jumpy: Oh yay thats great to hear

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #972 on: February 07, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
Ready for my list with spoilers taken into account? (Revised!)

11: Steve & Linda (no evidence beyond leg one)
10: Mel & Mike (guess)
9: Amanda & Kris (I just feel an early elimination from them, for some reason) (guess)
8: LaKisha & Jennifer (guess)
7: Brad & Victoria (guess)
6: Christie & Jodi (guess)
5: Margaret & Luke (guess)
4: Preston & Jennifer (orange was spotted)
3: Mark & Michael
2: Cara & Jaime
1: Victor & Tammy

Belle Book, I don't hate asians, but I am just afraid they will be too Nick & Starr-ish, and I also want to wipe the Spanglers from my memory just like you, Ashe.

The car numbers are not usually the same as team numbers, just to clear that up. They are just randomly chosen by the teams.

Also, I have noticed that some numbers seem to have similar teams. If you look at the number 7:

S6: Lori & Bolo
S7: Rob & Amber
S9: Eric & Jeremy
S10: Tyler & James
S11: Rob & Amber
S12: Ari & Staella (never actually saw this tag, just went through the process of elimination to get it)
S13: Nick & Starr
S14: *unknown* (I would guess Tammy & Victor, Amanda & Kris, or Preston & Jennifer)

It seems like the number 7 indicates a tough or imposing team. And 2 is almost always a F/F team. But I don't know. Take it for what it's worth.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #973 on: February 07, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »
Preston & Jennifer (orange was spotted): that spoiler was unable to be confirmed, unfortunately, so take it with a grain of salt....

I am also being told that car #'s should be considered random, darn it! It was a good thought, though!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #974 on: February 07, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
Preston & Jennifer (orange was spotted): that spoiler was unable to be confirmed, unfortunately, so take it with a grain of salt....

I am also being told that car #'s should be considered random, darn it! It was a good thought, though!

I'll keep the orange spoiler in mind, but I still feel they will make it to that part of the race, so I won't change it.

I have analyzed the numbers long enough to notice that the car numbers are not in any way significant (the first team to get a car doesn't even have to take #1), so that idea can be considered dead.