Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 676056 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #925 on: February 01, 2009, 09:52:46 PM »
Ready for mine with spoilers taken into account?

11: Steve & Linda (no evidence beyond leg one)
10: Amanda & Kris (no evidence beyond leg two)
9: Mel & Mike (guess)
8: LaKisha & Jennifer (guess)
7: Brad & Victoria (guess)
6: Christie & Jodi (guess)
5: Margaret & Luke (guess)
4: Preston & Jennifer (orange was spotted, though not deaf)
3: Mark & Michael :groan:
2: Cara & Jaime :groan:
1: Victor & Tammy (surprise, surprise) :res:

I would rather see Mark & Michael or Cara & Jaime win, so this would just be the fifth disappointing ending in a row if they didn't! :'(

*Crosses fingers already*
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:50:44 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations, spoiler summary on page 1
« Reply #926 on: February 02, 2009, 01:32:42 PM »
I think they are still in the game.

I feel that the 4th last and 5th last teams would go together to final city as decoys.  Last year it would have been Terrance & Sarah without Toni & Dallas because of what happened with pouch.

I could be totally wrong

eta:  I just went and reread the blog and there is mention of 2 teams on the blogger's plane.  I couldn't tell if Phil was actually on the same plane.  Just that blogger saw Phil waiting for his flight.  At the beginning of the blog there's mention of Three Airlines.

I've been reading all of the messages and I still feel mixed up for some things.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #927 on: February 02, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »
read the summaries, makz3d, they are the most helpful, thanks to puddin.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #928 on: February 02, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »
Mine is a little bit different. I hope mine is 100% right!

11th: Steve and Linda
10th: Preston and Jennifer
9th: Mel and Mike
8th: LaKisha and Jennifer
7th: Christie and Jodi
6th: Brad and Victoria
5th: Margie and Luke
4th: Victor and Tammy
3rd: Amanda and Kris
2nd: Cara and Jamie
1st: Mark and Michael (lives in Maui, Hawaii!!!!)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #929 on: February 02, 2009, 02:05:07 PM »
eta:  I just went and reread the blog and there is mention of 2 teams on the blogger's plane.  I couldn't tell if Phil was actually on the same plane.  Just that blogger saw Phil waiting for his flight.  At the beginning of the blog there's mention of Three Airlines.
Maybe . . . Cara & Jaime are in the F3, and are one of the first two teams on the first plane (for still-in-the-game teams) out of Beijing, and there's a team in third place stuck on the third of the three flights.  Likely the team that's pretty much fallen out of it and will be ultimately finishing in third place.  Hey, it's happened every season.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #930 on: February 03, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »

I would rather see Mark & Michael or Cara & Jaime win, so this would just be the fifth disappointing ending in a row if they didn't! :'(

Hey, I like Asian Americans -- have a soft spot for them, so I'd be thrilled if Tammy & Victor won!  But I'd also like to have Cara & Jamie win if only because we've never had an all-female team win and they seem like the most likely all-female team to be in the Final 3.  Besides, I like red hair on women.

Belle Book

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #931 on: February 03, 2009, 06:48:02 PM »

Hey, I like Asian Americans -- have a soft spot for them, so I'd be thrilled if Tammy & Victor won!  But I'd also like to have Cara & Jamie win if only because we've never had an all-female team win and they seem like the most likely all-female team to be in the Final 3.  Besides, I like red hair on women.

Belle Book

I agree with most of your placings hooky!  I also have a soft spot for the asian siblings!  I just don't want them to be similar to Nick and Starr.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #932 on: February 03, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »

Guess you didn't read Peach's post after she got the email from the blogger in Salzburg. He identified Amanda/Kris as no worse then 3rd on that leg. Peach's post is #902 in this thread and your prediction is #925. Well you have time to change your prediction before the race starts.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:34:21 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #933 on: February 03, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »

Guess you didn't read Peach's post after she got the email from the blogger in Salzburg. He identified Amanda/Kris as no worse then 3rd on that leg.
Yeah, if either young couple goes out early this season, I see it more likely being Preston & Jennifer rather than Amanda & Kris.  The latter just looks like they'll be more cooperative than the former, which always helps.

However, I worry about them having so many fans already before the show has even started (check the CBS site).

As for Tammy & Victor being like Nick & Starr, I don't think that's gonna happen since, you know, Tammy & Victor actually look like they'll be interesting.  Nick & Starr started out as interesting, to me, but Nick's constant talking about how great he was for doing things he thought were clever but were really just unnecessary, Starr's constant talking about their "adult" relationship and how great it was, and basically them making the season boring with their repetitive winning pretty much killed all my interest in them.

Then again, I'm probably the only one here on RFF who despised the Spanglers and wishes I could erase them from my mind permanently.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:33:48 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #934 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
Guess you didn't read Peach's post after she got the email from the blogger in Salzburg. He identified Amanda/Kris as no worse then 3rd on that leg. Peach's post is #902 in this thread and your prediction is #925. Well you have time to change your prediction before the race starts.

Here is what I actually said:

Presents!! :hearts:

I heard back from our Salzburg source and he was able to confirm that: italics mine

The couple he gave directions to in the car: It was actually Amanda and Kris! The women look similar (Jennifer and Amanda), but the guy was definitely Kris. They seemed to be very tanned when I saw them, but it may have been make-up now that I think about it.

Yes, the older man and woman are the ones we saw (she was limping). ...but she does look good for her age. {this was Brad/Victoria}

Yes, the two young redheads are the women who got lost in Hellbrunn park.

The limping makes sense since we know Victoria has had foot surgery...

The source's only words about placement that I recall were that the "girls" (ie Cara and Jaime) were "no where near last". The placement of Amanda/Kris was never discussed, that I can recall, but swearing makes me think they were in quite a hurry...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #935 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »

Guess you didn't read Peach's post after she got the email from the blogger in Salzburg. He identified Amanda/Kris as no worse then 3rd on that leg.
Yeah, if either young couple goes out early this season, I see it more likely being Preston & Jennifer rather than Amanda & Kris.  The latter just looks like they'll be more cooperative than the former, which always helps.

However, I worry about them having so many fans already before the show has even started (check the CBS site).

As for Tammy & Victor being like Nick & Starr, I don't think that's gonna happen since, you know, Tammy & Victor actually look like they'll be interesting.  Nick & Starr started out as interesting, to me, but Nick's constant talking about how great he was for doing things he thought were clever but were really just unnecessary, Starr's constant talking about their "adult" relationship and how great it was, and basically them making the season boring with their repetitive winning pretty much killed all my interest them.

Then again, I'm probably the only one here on RFF who despised the Spanglers and wishes I could erase them from my mind permanently.

Actually, I wouldn't mind erasing the Spanglers from my mind, and maybe the whole of TAR13 with it. Any team that was interesting in TAR13 was eliminated early, leaving boring teams until the end. However in TAR14, so far, it seems like the opposite effect!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #936 on: February 04, 2009, 02:26:07 AM »

The source's only words about placement that I recall were that the "girls" (ie Cara and Jaime) were "no where near last". The placement of Amanda/Kris was never discussed, that I can recall, but swearing makes me think they were in quite a hurry...

That is true for his latest email. His latest email only "identifies" the team he gave directions to (Amanda/Kris), and the two teams (Cara/Jamie and Brad/Victoria) that he saw arrive when he was at the Schloss.

In his orginal blog, he gave the couple directions to the Schloss, then he went home and got his wife and son. Then they went to the Schloss and when they arrived at the Schloss there were only 3 cars there at that time. So the couple he gave directions to, were one of the first 3 cars there and therefore one of the first 3 teams to check in.

"When we got to Hellbrunn, I noticed not one, but three cars that looked like the one I'd seen earlier. They each had numbers in the back window. The highest number I saw was 11."[/b]

When he and his family left the Schloss, he said there were 5 or 6 cars there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:35:55 AM by DrRox »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #937 on: February 04, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »
I'm a fan of Amanda and Kris, I'm consideing rooting for them or Cara and Jamie, but I don't see that quote as putting Amanda and Kris at the Schloss. All the cars are gona look the same. Unless there was something specific about the car, it's more speculation.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #938 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
In his orginal blog, he gave the couple directions to the Schloss, then he went home and got his wife and son. Then they went to the Schloss and when they arrived at the Schloss there were only 3 cars there at that time. So the couple he gave directions to, were one of the first 3 cars there and therefore one of the first 3 teams to check in.

"When we got to Hellbrunn, I noticed not one, but three cars that looked like the one I'd seen earlier. They each had numbers in the back window. The highest number I saw was 11."

When he and his family left the Schloss, he said there were 5 or 6 cars there.

Oh now I understand what you meant, I think this could be very possible.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #939 on: February 04, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
So hold on, with the cars, do the teams pick the car with their team number? Because if they do, that would pit Tammy & Victor as one of the first 3 teams at the Schloss.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #940 on: February 04, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
That would seem to make sense...whose team numbers do we have so far? Since we haven't seen the entry order yet?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and maybe spoilers?
« Reply #941 on: February 04, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
The bold italics are my comments.

MORE FROM SALZBURG  :wohoo:

The driver pulled down the window and asked a young Austrian man for directions. I recognized right away that the driver spoke American English, so being the helpful American I am, I pulled around the front of the car to see if I could help. The Austrian man was fishing for his English vocabulary. Both the front and rear driver's side windows were down. A young man was driving, what I guess was his wife or girlfriend was behind him.

"How do you get to Schloss Hellbrunn?" the man asked me. He and the woman were frazzled, amazingly desperate! And they were covered in what looked like an amazing amount blood, guts, and pumpkin rot. But it all looked fake. Plus they had tons of make-up on. (In an email to Peach, he identified this couple as Amanda/Kris)

I explained that they needed to turn back onto the major road they had just left, Alpenstraße, and head straight down until they passed underneath and underpass. Then they should take the very next right which would lead them down a wooded country lane.(This sounds like 5-10 minutes maximum driving time to me.)

By the time I had finished my first sentence, out of the car from the front and back passenger seats raced the camera man and the boom (sound) man, and they were both on me. I was good. Amazingly enough, I didn't look into the camera! I put a foot on my peddle to push off and ride away when the boom man caught my eye. He shook his head quickly as if to say, "Don't race off!"

The camera man turned off his camera and the boom man, an American, explained to the Austrian and me that we had to sign a release or this footage couldn't be used.

While we signed the paperwork, the woman in the backseat swore. They were in an amazing rush! The boom man turned to her and said, "Look, I told you. If you ask people questions, we have to do this. If you don't like it, don't ask for help."

"What kind of show is this?" I asked.
"A travel show," he replied.
"What channel?" I asked.
"I'm not sure," he said. Amazing, if that were true!
"What's the show called?" I asked.
Then he (sort of) came clean. He said, "I can only tell you that it's a pretty popular one!"

Off into the car they went. I wave and they raced off.

So this was some sort of race! Amazing, I thought, that I was caught in the middle of it.

I swore myself to secrecy--this was big stuff--I couldn't tell people about this! In two minutes I was home and spilling my guts to Jenny. Then one of my students came over 15 minutes later to pick up some soup, and I was telling her before she even sat down.

After my student left, Jenny suggested we head to Hellbrunn (only 5 minutes from our apartment) to see what we could see. There's a huge playground there and we promised Nikolas he could play there a bit (he said 40 minutes, and we said about 10--hey, it was getting dark!).

When we got to Hellbrunn, I noticed not one, but three cars that looked like the one I'd seen earlier. They each had numbers in the back window. The highest number I saw was 11.

Logic tells me that one of those 3 cars belonged to Amanda and Kris, unless they went on a sightseeing tour of Salzburg. The driving instructions were pretty simple, one U-turn and two other turns. I don't get the impression that he was at his home very long, approx 30 min to one hour tops. I think he says it gets dark at 5:30 that time of year and he has enough sun left to take picture safter he gets to the schloss. I don't know who took what numbered car, but the fact that the floor of that tent was clean when Tammy/Victor were doing that task tells me they were first there, so I would speculate that one of the 3 cars was theirs, without knowing any team numbers, or if the car numbers correlated with team numbers

I hope this clears up my logic. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to send him pics of the teams to identify which team he gave directions too. Whoever he gave directions, should be one of the 3 cars at the schloss when he got there with his famiy. As you know from our PMs, Peach, I was very suprised that it wasn't Preston/Jennifer.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:47:19 PM by DrRox »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #942 on: February 04, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
That would seem to make sense...whose team numbers do we have so far? Since we haven't seen the entry order yet?

Well last time the team numbers corresponded to the cast order at the top of the CBS site. If they did the same thing this year, it would be...

1. Amanda & Kris
2. Brad & Victoria
3. Cara & Jamie
4. Christie & Jodi
5. Preston & Jennifer
6. LaKisha & Jennifer
7. Linda & Steve
8. Margaret & Luke
9. Mark & Michael
10. Mel & Mike
11. Tammy & Victor

So if DrRox is right on the times, it would make sense to me. If this source remembers the highest number he saw, maybe he remembers the other 2.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #943 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
true, I was thinking of whose little backpack tags we might have seen, lol! :funny:

I can try to ask...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #944 on: February 04, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
Not saying it didn't happen, but if they made the teams take specific cars......it has to be the first time. I cannot remember that before. All I remember is mad scrambles for vehicles.....or jumping in the closest one. Do any of you people remember an instance like that before?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:57:37 PM by DrRox »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #945 on: February 04, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
I don't really remember anything about the cars, just that they always run like hell to them. I always thought it was just the 1st car they could get was theirs untill now. No reason to just number the cars if it's random. But again, it's only speculation.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #946 on: February 05, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
Based on the speculation, this is my predicted order:

11. Steve & Linda
10. Jennifer & Preston
9. Mel & Mike
8. Brad & Victoria
7. Christie & Jodi
6. Lakisha & Jennifer
5. Amanda & Kris
4. Mark & Michael
3. Margaret & Luke
2. Tammy & Victor
1. Cara & Jaime

I hope Margie & Luke shock us all and make the Final Three, although it seems unlikely based on the speculation. Another team I would love to see go far is Lakisha & Jennifer, or even Christie & Jodi, but particularly the former.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:01:13 AM by racer »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #947 on: February 05, 2009, 12:58:35 AM »
Tammy changed partners?  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #948 on: February 05, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »
Sorry, I corrected it. :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #949 on: February 05, 2009, 01:08:22 AM »
I've done worse! :hugs:

The problem this season is that based on what we have seen so far, I really LIKE them all, and don't want anyone to go home first... :'( :'( :'(
RFF's Golden Rule: