Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674364 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #875 on: January 30, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
I think the source meant there that they were not going the right (most direct) way to the PitStop....

So did one of them hurt themselves falling on that Segway? :'(

And the cakes have to be JUST before the PitStop, or they would have been cleaned up before the source saw them, right?

^^ thats why I'm wondering if Cara and Jamie switched detours?

Quote from Michael's Salzburg blogger:
By the way, the team of two women appeared to have no slime on them whatsoever which would imply they had a choice in a previous activity. A Detour?

I went back and read this guy's blog and correspondence. The first team, young couple, he encounters, the one asking directions, has to be either Preston/Jennifer or Amanda/Kris. He says they are a young couple. And they have slime. He also comments on two other things......"lots of make-up and the woman swore" Well, being from the SOUTH, this just shouts Jennifer to me. The same as Jodi/Chrissy putting on make up for landing in Bucherest, lol Southern women dont do anything without their face on.  I know first hand, I used to be married to one. The other thing was the girl "swore." Again, for some reason, and I admit not having seen them in action yet, I think that was Jennifer. Just a hunch. It just doesn't hit me as a California deal, which would be Amanda.

Then at the Schloss, he saw a girl/girl team with dark hair and no slime. That had to be Cara/Jamie. One was hobbling, so looks a little like a segway accident as has been speculated above.  No slime = no detour switch.

The last team he saw was an older couple with slime and from the pics it seems to be Brad/Victoria, since they are tall

I too think the "slime" event is real close to the Pit Stop or they would have cleaned up.

Whoever was corresponding with that guy in Salzburg might shoot him an email and ask him what color the team in the car was wearing, the one he gave directions too. or send him the pic of Preston/Jennifer and Amanda/Kris and let him identify them.  Either orange or the light blue would be my guess and he might remember that if prompted.  Heck, maybe he is reading this and might just post.

GE says it is 23.3 km (16 miles) 25 min. from Schonau am Konigssee, German (segway event) to Schloss Hellbrunn. I would think the torte (cake throwing) event to be in Berchtesgardener Land too. Maybe we can match up that flag in the tent with one of those villages around Berchtesgaden. MsShrek in post 117 in the Promo Screencaps identified a town in Austria wiht a similiar flag, but the colors are reversed. I think we need to find a village in Berchtesgadener Land with red on the right and blue on the left. Again from MsShrek in post 135 in the Promo Screencaps thread, bavarian tents are blue/white striped and Austrian tents are red/white striped.

Just out of curiosity -- how did some of them get slime?

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #876 on: January 30, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
We think the slime wasn't exactly slime afterall, more like cakes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #877 on: January 30, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
Now you are talking!  :-*
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #878 on: January 30, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #879 on: January 30, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
What peach, no Hoffbrauhaus Berchtesgaden history lesson? :word:
 :neener:

Well, if you insist, puddin, I can step in and offer one. I visited Bertechsgaden decades ago and it was (and I am certain still is) one of the most beautiful places on the globe. It is the northern end of the Konigsee.  The Bertechsgaden National Park was established in 1978 with the Königssee in its centre.

A second claim to fame is the BERCHTESGADEN SALTMINES where visitors are dressed in miner’s attire and take an underground train into the mine. The tour includes a boat trip across an underground lake.

However it is this third fact which makes Berchtesgaden a unique place. During World War II, Adolf Hitler maintained a residence at Berghof, a complex of buildings which included the Eagle's Nest on Kehlstein Mountain above Bertechsgaden (the area is part of Obersalzburg). He ran the war from there when he was not doing so in Berlin or touring the military fronts; it was referred to as the #2 seat of power in the Third Reich.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:37:37 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #880 on: January 30, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
My turn, although I've never been to Interlaken

Interlaken, Matten, Unterseen

The Augustine monastery was founded at the beginning of the12th century and first documented in 1133. It played a decisive role in the development of the ‘Bödeli’ (local name for the flat plain between Lakes Thun & Brienz). From 1224, the Interlaken monastery enjoyed the protection of the ambitious city of Bern and became one of the largest landowners in the region. Its wealth and widespread connections attracted many traders and guests to the establishment. A convent was later affiliated to the monastery and at times housed over 300 nuns.In 1484, financial problems and friction resulted in the abolition of the convent and with the arrival of the Reformation in Bern in 1528, time was also up for the monastery. From then on the building served as the official seat of the provincial governor. In later times, the monastery church was put to another use, serving to store barrels and wagons until it eventually fell to ruin. Today’s Protestant church was built in 1909 on the foundations of the old church nave.  At the same time the Catholics built their own House of God immediately next to the Protestant church.

Interlaken, The former Aarmühle

Today’s resort of Interlaken was once known as Aarmühle (Aare Mill). From 1562, the monastery mill that gave the place its name was owned by the provincial bailiwick. In 1708, the four mill wheels at Aarmühle finally ground to a halt. The Mühlekanal (mill canal) is a reminder of this industry from earlier times. In 1891, the local council successfully applied to the government to change the name "Aarmühle" to the commonly used "Interlaken" (between the lakes). The name Interlaken was already being used in geographical maps, travel books, timetables and even advertisements. Permission to change "Aarmühle" to "Interlaken" was granted in December 1891.

Matten

The name Matten can be traced back to a document dated in 1183 where the expression "Interlacus-Madon" was found. Another mention was in 1242 when a blacksmith's shop with tavern was described which is presumed to be todays' Gasthof Hirschen. In historical times the land of Matten was shared by the farming communities of Aarmühle (Interlaken), Wilderswil and Matten. In 1838 Matten and Aarmühle had a falling out which resulted in the founding of the political community of Matten.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #881 on: January 31, 2009, 07:45:06 AM »
puddin, a good historical overview. However, there is one additional thing that Interlaken is noted for (besides being a cute Swiss town with a major railroad connection and lake connections to Thun and Spiez for which the 2 lakes are named). That is the fabled trip to the Jungraujoch, my reason for being there. The train near the top goes through an ice tunnel and there is an ice palace besides an incredible view from above 11,000 feet. I reacted to being the highest (at that point) in my life by nearly passing out, but that is easy enough to avoid if you are expecting altitude sickness.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #882 on: January 31, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »
I said, knock it off!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:15:27 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #883 on: January 31, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
The CBS press release said they would visit 9 ountries and the second tallest jump, presumably a bungee jump. This is loacted in ZAMBIA which could be the missing country and leg since there is 12 of them.

WTH??  :wall:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:readtt:

Macau Tower 233 meters

Verzasca 220 meters

Victoria Falls 111 meters
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:24:45 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #884 on: January 31, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
OMG!  :lol:  :-[ even I havent screwed up that bad......or have I  :lol: :funny:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #885 on: January 31, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
To be fair, if you google second longest bungee then Zambia does come up (erroneously).

But had password read anything at all here, (let alone everything like you do kiwi :kuss:), he would have realized that we have all the countries and the incredible Verzasca bungee well documented here. And not taking the time to even read puddin's beautiful summaries is incredibly rude to all the posters who do.

I feel better now....

:carryon:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #886 on: January 31, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
Thanks. Right back on track!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #887 on: January 31, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
We think the slime wasn't exactly slime afterall, more like cakes.

Ah, so we're dealing with cakes, not really slime.  That makes sense.  Thanks.

Belle Book

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #888 on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
In TAR All Stars' the Macau jump wasn't a bungee jump if you remember. It was a descender cable jump. They  may have changed it since them. I don't mean to be picky, but that might be why Zambia is listed as 2nd highest bungy jump.

Ms Bell Book......I was just using the word the blogger in Salzburg used. Since the promos have come out, it appears the "slime"  is just left over cake parts.  I am sorry for the confusion.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #889 on: January 31, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
In TAR All Stars' the Macau jump wasn't a bungee jump if you remember. It was a descender cable jump. They  may have changed it since them. I don't mean to be picky, but that might be why Zambia is listed as 2nd highest bungy jump.

Ms Bell Book......I was just using the word the blogger in Salzburg used. Since the promos have come out, it appears the "slime"  is just left over cake parts.  I am sorry for the confusion.

ummm... the Macau Tower has two types of "jumps" according to Wikipedia:

At 233 meters, the Macau Tower's tethered "skyjump" and Bungee jump by world renowned AJ Hackett [1] from the tower's outer rim, is the highest in the world.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #890 on: January 31, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
Thanks Boingo, I just went to pull the site so y'all can read more. The descender cable jump is the Sky Jump, the bungy is the world's highest. Charla did the Sky Walk and the Sky Jump, you are correct about that.

The World's Highest Bungy Jump at Macau Tower will take its guests on a free fall at a speed of up to 200km/h for the ultimate extreme journey!  Plunging from a platform 233m high, challengers will experience a 4-5 second freefall before stretching the 50 meter bungy cord nearly four times its unloaded length and rebounding at approximately 30 meters above the ground. Using a guide cable system, bungy jumpers will be able to safely experience a few rebounds before slowly landing onto a specially designed airbag.

Lordie, how many hours days did we spend on this during TARA3 , Boingo? :lol:  I could recognize that site's music in hell...

http://www.macautower.com.mo/eng/adventure/adventure_activities.asp
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #891 on: January 31, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »
Back to TAR14:

Whoever was corresponding with that guy in Salzburg might shoot him an email and ask him what color the team in the car was wearing, the one he gave directions too. or send him the pic of Preston/Jennifer and Amanda/Kris and let him identify them.  Either orange or the light blue would be my guess and he might remember that if prompted
--DrRox

I have sent our Salzburg source loads of pics and asked for clarification, so fingers crossed!

Also reviewed my emails from him and noticed this part again, in ref to who we now know is Cara/Jaime, as they enter the  schloss hellbrunn grounds on the way to the pitstop:

The one in the pink dropped her water bottle, which was white. The camera man got the drop and the pick up on film, then they all started off again. They were totally heading the wrong way, convinced that lights on a pond area must be lighting the Pitstop. It took them a good five minutes to figure out where they really needed to be.

He also said they were nowhere near last...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #892 on: January 31, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »
puddin, a good historical overview. However, there is one additional thing that Interlaken is noted for (besides being a cute Swiss town with a major railroad connection and lake connections to Thun and Spiez for which the 2 lakes are named). That is the fabled trip to the Jungraujoch, my reason for being there. The train near the top goes through an ice tunnel and there is an ice palace besides an incredible view from above 11,000 feet. I reacted to being the highest (at that point) in my life by nearly passing out, but that is easy enough to avoid if you are expecting altitude sickness.
It would be a shame to take the show to Interlaken and not show the ice palace or the Sphinx Observatory on
Jungfraujoch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #893 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »
Gorgeous panorama pictures Here.

And you can read more about it here.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #894 on: January 31, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
Now that is beautiful...
 :nitenite: :gnite:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #895 on: January 31, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
Hi, all.  I'm a first-time poster here, but have lurked here since TAR12.  I was actually once thanked by puddin for finding out about Terence & Sarah's names before TAR13 even started.  I've posted on TWoP, TV.com, and Survivor Sucks for a long time and am now looking to add this place to my list.  Provided things are kept very friendly here.

That said, I'll begin.

The one in the pink dropped her water bottle, which was white. The camera man got the drop and the pick up on film, then they all started off again. They were totally heading the wrong way, convinced that lights on a pond area must be lighting the Pitstop. It took them a good five minutes to figure out where they really needed to be.

He also said they were nowhere near last...
I hope this doesn't make it to air, as Cara & Jaime are my favorite team, and seem like the best bet for a women's team to finally win.  This being shown might mean the editors want to make them the "stupid team," and the "stupid team" doesn't win.  (Though then again, T.K. & Rachel had a bumper crop of stupid moments, yet still won TAR12.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:36:16 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #896 on: January 31, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ashe :hithere:

Provided things are kept very friendly here.

Of course we are friendly, we are the anti-sucks   :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #897 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, Ashe! I know you from elsewhere, and am glad you de-lurked.

And we are always friendly! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #898 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, Ashe! I know you from elsewhere, and am glad you de-lurked.
Really?  Where?  And who?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #899 on: January 31, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
Here, there and everywhere! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: